shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire to halo... before and afters!

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
I'll do my part to kick start this thread again.

I have a unique situation in where my princess stone was recut by Brian Gavin so the face up afterwards was a tad smaller.
Before the recut it measured 6.09 X 6.07, after it was 5.81 X 5.81.

Even so, I think the halo still makes it look larger than when it was the original size in a solitaire setting.

Suzyqz size comp before after.jpg

Vodka Martini

Rough_Rock
Trade
Re:

Feb03Bride|1274261708|2579827 said:
Whoops, I apologize for these being so big.  I don''t know how to do a side by side photo collage...

After- pave 4 prong halo with two matching bands.  It is definitely the push up bra of settings! 

I would LOVE to see a side-view shot.

My RB is a current 1.27 tcw solitaire......double-claw prongs....gorgeous! But I've always wanted a halo...and this thread is crazy tempting!!! I love my current setting so much, that I'm afraid to alter it....but a halo is super tempting......

Side view please!!!!!

Eldiva

Rough_Rock
Re:

DiaDiva|1260312242|2319020 said:
This is my 1.1 ct RB when it was in its half bezel setting before I had it put in a halo. Not the best picture but you can see the transformation.
I LOVE the before setting..that thick bezel setting is to die for!!

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a great thread - it has been such a lovely past-time to go through these before- and after- photos, and to see the wonderful variety of beautiful halos - but WOW - I think that is the prettiest, most elegant Asscher Halo I've come across! Everything about it is perfect - the very fine bezel, the diamond melee size, the milgrained edge. I definitely appreciate solitaires, but this Asscher Halo is just stunning.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
I agree with marymm...asscherhalolover your Ering is AMAZING! :love:

Cupcake*Muffin

Shiny_Rock
Here is mine (took me awhile to find this thread):

1.66 center, set in .50 palladium halo, size 4.75

2009-08-12 09.39.12.jpg

2011-01-15 10.12.54.jpg

briolette

Shiny_Rock
Wow. I am a halo convert now!

hr1978

Rough_Rock
Bump for more lovely new halos!

athenaworth

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not sure if I posted this before, but if I did, I'm sorry.

My previous ring wasn't completely a solitaire, but it was pretty close.

IMG_5491.JPG

IMG_6896.JPG

pinknblue

Rough_Rock
I don't have a hand shot of my original e-ring on hand. Here's before:

Reset in halo

The reset is a totally different feel... but I love it. I remember when I first saw a halo ring, I didn't really care for it. But tastes change, and I ended up falling in love with them. Now that I have one, I keep staring at it in different lighting... feels like I got engaged all over again:). It feels a little obnoxious so I try not to do it so much, but it was a big investment so hubby is happy that I do love it as much as I do.

pinknblueesm1.JPG

P1000814small.JPG

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From solitaire trellis setting to fabulous BGD halo! Halos are a great way to curb DSS!

IMG_3474.JPG

IMG_4918.JPG

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
This thread has convinced me to halo a gemstone I just purchased.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
bumping for new additions!

ariel144

Ideal_Rock
thanks for bumping Christina...great thread...don't think halos will ever go out of style...here to stay.

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
sparkles|1339826058|3217551 said:
Wanted to reset since 2007, currently looking at this...... :shock:

Holy crap what a stunning ring...must go find if you have a thread on this beauty :love:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sparkles, I believe your stone is 5 carats? I have to say, I think it's absolutely gorgeous as is and if it was my ring I'd keep it as a solitaire, it is so breathtaking and holds its own so well - but it's not my ring (unfortunately), so if you really want the halo go for it by all means - But I couldn't resist throwing my 2 cents in about your beautiful diamond ring! :halo:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'd have to agree, Sparkles. A 5 ct. ring is huge, and I cannot think that a halo would add anything positive to the look.

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
My before and after. From old and busted to new and fabulous!

gggggggggggggg.JPG

jjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjjj.jpg

vmvmxbvxbmnmmmmmmmmmm.jpg

llllllllllllllllllllllllll.jpg

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
wow, ponder, I love love love your new setting!!! It's beautiful and so unique!!!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my gosh ponder, what a transformation! Your reset looks amazing! :love:

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
sparkles: :-o :o :love: WOW! That is one impressive ring!! Amazing! If it doesn't have it's own thread it should!!

ponder: fantastic reset! I looks amazing on you!! :love:

Thanks for adding more pics, I knew that there were some out there. I'm soon to be adding a halo to my solitaire as well, so it's nice to have some perspective before hand!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies. I love my reset. Seems like I just got it yesterday, but it's almost been four years. Time flies.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ponder - that is one COOL reset! I love the halo on the marquis and then the shoulder diamonds on your (?) wedding band! That is really an awesome setting! :appl:

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
No wedding band. Its just a really wide split shank. Those are my studs nestled up against the ring. Sorry, I was too lazy to resize a close up of the ring alone, and just used a pics I had already resized.

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Ponder I love your reset! Do you mind me asking who made the setting. It is stunning and I would love something similar for a pear CS that I have.

Here is my reset to contribute to the thread. I'm sorry I don't have a face down of my old ring.

Solitare version is a 2.04ct RB in Natalie K setting
Reset with a VC Emilya Halo

SarahRBNatalieK314.jpg

VCSSring1.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your halo reset is gorgeous Sarahbear!! :love: VC does such outstanding work!

ponder

Brilliant_Rock
Sarahbear, my ring was designed by Brian Gavin just before he left Whiteflash. Whiteflash fabricated the ring and did a very good job. I have yet to loose a single stone. I know that this setting would look fabulous with a pear. My first inspiration pic that i saved for this setting actually was a pear!

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
sarahbear, your new emilya is gorgeous!! :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results