clarity

Solitaire settings

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Butterfly 17 ~
emrose.gif

I just
emlove.gif
your diamond wedding band ... one of my fav's! And paired with the RC ... So ultimately romantic!
emsmilep.gif
"Swoon"!

I can hear the mission impossible music playing in my head and seeing you on your mission! Of course you will be wearing your special utility belt that holds your special spray jewelry cleaner, lint free polishing cloth, loupe, tweezers, digi cam w/ macro mode, and of course ... the portable H&A viewer!

Date: 7/30/2006 12:50:52 AM
Author: Mara
kayla, in that picture with the Royal Crown and the shared prong, the gap between the two rings, are they touching on the bottom but the shank of the RC tapers in at the top so they don't touch at all? i can't tell if the gap is because the rings are separated or if the bottom of the RC is wider than the top and that's why it doesn't touch?

i really love the RC and honestly...i would consider it in the future if i went solitaire...so just curious...hehee.
Looking into my crystal ball ...
I see ... Mara
emrose.gif
... she's holding up something sparklie
emsmiled.gif
emhot.gif
emsmiled.gif

... She's smiling
face23.gif
, She's drooling
emsmilep.gif

... Rainbows are bouncing off everything
emrainbow.gif
emlove.gif
emrainbow.gif

... Oh, wait! It's getting clearer ...
It's big ... it's beautiful ...
It's a bling~a~licious new 4.71 ct. upgrade set in a Royal Crown!
31.gif
hehee~ couldn't resist!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs DJ...great depiction of a PS mission to SP! Lol! And Mara''s upgrade...
36.gif

Mara, I didn''t realize just how helpful Kayla would be! She has almost all the rings I am considering (except Mrs DJ''s) and the actual wedding band!!!

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/30/2006 12:50:52 AM
kayla, in that picture with the Royal Crown and the shared prong, the gap between the two rings, are they touching on the bottom but the shank of the RC tapers in at the top so they don''t touch at all? i can''t tell if the gap is because the rings are separated or if the bottom of the RC is wider than the top and that''s why it doesn''t touch?

i really love the RC and honestly...i would consider it in the future if i went solitaire...so just curious...hehee.

Hi Mara,
It''s actually both. The rings don''t touch on the top because the shank tapers at the top and it is wider on the sides, so when the sides of the two bands touch it prevents them to touch on the top, but also the gap is slightly more exagerated than normal as I had a hard time focusing the rings and that seemed to be the best picture showing how they sit, that didn''t come out completely blurry.

I really wanted to take a picture of the side of the two rings better as well, but my middle finger was in the way and I couldn''t get all three things to get together in one shot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, the lengths a committed Pricescoper will go to get ring shots!
9.gif

You really saved me some time and worry, Kayla! It helps so much to understand how that band will fit with various solitaires. (Is Kayla really your name? It seems like on a thread one time, I thought you said it was your daughter''s name, so it would be sort of pointless to call you Kayla...we could just use butterfly if you prefer!)

You also have me thinking about whether I should even consider looking at ebay for that band. There is a reliable looking listing right now for a size 4 1/2 band at the .91 weight for less than the retail on the .56 ct. band. I wonder if that particular band is one that people would go to the trouble of faking?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Found something else I really like to complicate things even farther! (Ritani)

ritani1RD2230A_big.jpg

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh Janis! That is beautiful and would give you a little extra sparkle without too much bling (so to speak)
2.gif
I love the way the diamond is set.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, S! I am anxious to get some prices. I am going to check on custom design, too. This is sort of the Cartier design with maybe a narrower band. But that Endless Love Ritani has much too narrow bands for me.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean by narrow bands. They are very popular! I think 2.5mm-3mm is the thinnest I personally would go (unless maybe I had a smaller diamond). But your stone is large enough to handle a thicker band. My e-ring alone is 6mm
4.gif

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Oh, I like this new one you posted. I wonder what it looks like on the hand. Where did you find.

About the narrower bands, it''s not for everyone, which is why it''s great that we have so many choices.
2.gif

I never thought I would want such a narrow band, have always liked 3 mm myselft, but I do love it.

BTW, I went to BBB yesterday and I could not believe that the Vera Wang is even more thinner.

I really like the new Ritani, though. Show it to mssalvo, perhaps that is what she is looking for as well.
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was actually on the Ritani site. I just happened to check it to see if they had your setting just a little wider and saw this one! I have emailed Mr. P for a price. I was hoping mrssalvo would see this, too!

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 1:46:11 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
It was actually on the Ritani site. I just happened to check it to see if they had your setting just a little wider and saw this one! I have emailed Mr. P for a price. I was hoping mrssalvo would see this, too!

ooo, I like that one a lot too
30.gif
Was there a sideview? I''d love to know how wide it is too. you''ll have to let me know what you find out from Bill.....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
ROFL Mrs Darlin Joy. Wow 4.71 eh? Okay!!!
9.gif

I love the ''she''s smiling..she''s drooling''..HA HA. Yeah because I would have driven myself insane by that point. Drool seems appropriate.

I like that new Ritani for sure. I never really was TOO sure about the super thin Ritanis but it sure is beautiful in person. My girlfriend''s ring is a 1.6 so it would look like that on you DS. I just really love the setting and it''s also a subtle sparkle being as the stones are so tiny and it''s bead set. It''s not like a shared prong bling.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
If you can - please post pics of that setting - I''ve been curious about it since I had mine made. I''m curious about how they did the basket/head. And the actual width of the shank.

(thanks for the nice compliment on my setting DiamondSeeker
1.gif
)

Happy hunting DiamondSeeker

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 6:21:35 PM
Author: Scintillating
Mara - I found this on ebay and thought of you
Link to ritani setting

Scintillating...
OH
MY
GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the setting! My 4 prong solitaire Ritani!!

$295?!?! OMG I might have to get it and hold onto it for a rainy day. It would totally fit my stone!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 6:24:44 PM
Date: 7/31/2006 6:21:35 PM

Mara - I found this on ebay and thought of you

Link to ritani setting

Scintillating...

OH

MY

GOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's the setting! My 4 prong solitaire Ritani!!

$295?!?! OMG I might have to get it and hold onto it for a rainy day. It would fit my stone!

9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

$295 for plat is a great deal - it's buy it now. enable enable enable.
9.gif

Scintillating...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my god now my mind is racing and I am not kidding! I just fired off an email to the seller asking a bunch of questions like can it be sized, is it authentic, is it new, what sort of condition is it in etc. But even if it's used and needs to be polished that shouldn't be an issue, it's a plain solitaire so there isn't any diamonds to worry about, it should be able to be sized since it's plain (imagine that!)...and $295? That setting at retail is $1400 not including tax! This would be a great price. OH SO TEMPTING. Seriously, I don't need to be spending $300 right now but I *love* this setting! Oh the options I could have! And it fit fine with my wedding ring so in case I *did* decide to switch it in the future it'd be fine with sitting 99% flush with my w-ring, I know cuz I tried it on!

Oh what to do, what to do! It's a BIN so I could just hit the button and own it. DAMN! Scint! You suck (in a great treasure finding way of course)...!!!

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
30 day return policy.
2.gif

I suck huh?
9.gif
11.gif

Muahhhhahhhhhhh (evil laugh
2.gif
)

I think you should go for it. (return or resell if something's wrong.)
You've been talking about this setting for months now.

Scint...
9.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
32.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Haha, Mara you should do it!
11.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 6:36:42 PM
30 day return policy.
2.gif

I suck huh?
9.gif
11.gif

Muahhhhahhhhhhh (evil laugh
2.gif
)

I think you should go for it. (return or resell if something's wrong.)
You've been talking about this setting for months now.

Scint...
9.gif
I know and that is why I am really seriously considering it! Because what are the chances?????? $295?!?! But I really would like to know more about it and why it's for sale because the other stuff in his store is not that nice so how did he end up with this random hard-to-find Ritani setting?!?!?! So we'll see if he responds and what he says....then we'll see.
9.gif
I'm already imagining it on my hand!

And all my real life friends are in meetings so I can't ask them for a REALITY CHECK, so unfortunately I am left here with all the online enabling wackos like ME!!!!
37.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y''all are TOO funny!!!! Darn, I just wish the one I want was on ebay for $295!!!

Mrssalvo, Bill said that the new Ritani is 2.9 at the widest and tapers narrower on down the shank. There is no side view but I am betting it is perfect. You can tell is has graceful curved prongs. The price is $2350 and the diamonds are about .30 cts.. I really need to find it and try it on. That will probably be a challenge, but I think it is a gorgeous ring. I am still toying with the idea of getting Maytal to make me a set as well, but I have to find something I want in order for her to make it!!!

Mara, yes, it helped me tremendously to see your friend''s 1.6 in her Ritani. Since I''m a little older than you girls, I just want a little more ring on my finger than the narrow Ritani. That is what led me to look at the Ritani site to see if there was a similar ring with a little more substance.

Scint...he has a Ritani that is very, very similar to yours as a matter of fact. I hope to try it on, too.

Scintillating

Brilliant_Rock
Diamondseeker- please try to get pics when you try them on.
(sheesh - I already have my setting and I'm still curious. sigh*)
I think you're very smart to want to try things on first.
I hope you find something you
30.gif
love
30.gif

Mara- I hope it works out. Keep us updated. I hope there is a story Like *it's overstock or a cancelled order, and since it has such a large head - he couldn't sell it and now just wants to unload it* Fingers crossed***

Scint...

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 6:50:13 PM

Mrssalvo, Bill said that the new Ritani is 2.9 at the widest and tapers narrower on down the shank. There is no side view but I am betting it is perfect. You can tell is has graceful curved prongs. The price is $2350 and the diamonds are about .30 cts.. I really need to find it and try it on. That will probably be a challenge, but I think it is a gorgeous ring. .

DS, did Bill have it in stock?

mara, you HAVE to get that ring...girl $300....holy cow, you could re-sell it somewhere and make money if you changed your mind
11.gif
can''t wait to see what the seller says. it sure does look to be the real thing...it''s so hard to copy the swoop thing....

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i know mrs salvo...i found some negative feedback on him on BTD from 2004...where they said that he misrepresented his diamonds (whats new on ebay?!) and that he was really rude and that he took forever to refund money...but i'm thinking that since this is a setting and not diamond related..as long as it is authentic, i can pretty much fix anything else that was 'wrong' with it. a little polishing should take care of most any surface blemishes right? and he said it's 'like new' and it's real...i asked him some other questions like where he got it, did it ever have a stone set into it. but really for $300 what do i expect? this IS a $1400 setting...so it's like 80% off. even if i get it and i have to put $100 into it for repolishing and having the diamond set and all that, it's still worth it as long as it's authentic and there's no porosity or anything. oh the other thing is that re it being fake vs real, since this setting is NOT a popular style, i can't imagine that there is anyone out there who thinks it would be really lucrative to knock off the ritani soliatire. i haven't even seen one person with it in real life OR on PS where i typically see a good range of settings. so i feel pretty confident it'd be real, but there is always the possibility it's not.

so we'll see. i think if it does seem to check out i WILL get it...because it would be a steal (as long as it's real) and yes i think i could resell it again for at least what i would pay. and if i never use it for the diamond, imagine a big beautiful aqua in that baby. YUM!
30.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrssalvo, no, he did not have it in stock. He obviously had to contact Ritani for the price, etc. because it took awhile for him to email me back. I''m wondering if it will even be possible for me to find one to look at. No vendor carries all the settings!

Mara, I totally agree that it is VERY unlikely that that setting would be copied. And it wouldn''t be a 2+ ct. size if it was. It''s just one where somebody changed their mind or something, probably. I''d take a chance on it. $300 is not too much to lose even if you couldn''t use it. However, it''s hard for me to imagine that you''d take your diamond out of it''s current setting to put it in a plain solitaire! Or are you planning an alternate set?
9.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 8:09:00 PM
mrssalvo, no, he did not have it in stock. He obviously had to contact Ritani for the price, etc. because it took awhile for him to email me back. I''m wondering if it will even be possible for me to find one to look at. No vendor carries all the settings!

hmm. i''d ask bill if he has any idea''s or suggestions of how you could see one in person. I can''t imagine buying a setting w/out seeing it first so there''s got to be some way??? it''d at least be worth finding out..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 7/31/2006 7:52:40 PM

i think if it does seem to check out i WILL get it...because it would be a steal (as long as it''s real) and yes i think i could resell it again for at least what i would pay. and if i never use it for the diamond, imagine a big beautiful aqua in that baby. YUM!
30.gif

ooo, i sooo hope things check out..keeping fingers crossed for you...that would be the best PS ebay find on PS record...

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 7/31/2006 8:19:35 PM
Author: mrssalvo

Date: 7/31/2006 8:09:00 PM

hmm. i''d ask bill if he has any idea''s or suggestions of how you could see one in person. I can''t imagine buying a setting w/out seeing it first so there''s got to be some way??? it''d at least be worth finding out..
I don''t really see any other way than to call all the Ritani dealers that I could reasonably visit. There are just a few. This is beginning to feel like an impossible task. No wonder people go in Tiffany''s and pay double what the rings are worth!

I was actually close to just deciding on the SuperbCert Tiffany over the weekend just to have it resolved, but the fact that Carbear isn''t happy with her prong tips makes me hesitant. I have already been to the largest setting dealer in a two state area (at least), and it will be very tedious to visit a bunch of little jewelry stores trying to see a handful of settings at each one. I already went to one jeweler specifically to see Sheldon Speyer settings, which GOG carries, and they didn''t have a single SS setting!!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results