shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire settings

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess I could see a Ritani plain solitaire as well. It's just that with any plain solitare, you still have to match up a band that will fit with it.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I feel like you are getting really close to making a decision!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have to be! I start back to school in 2 weeks and I simply can''t be on the computer so much then! So my goal is to decide this coming week!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m glad you''re getting close to making a decision. Now we have to get mrssalvo to decide on her setting, hehe.
31.gif
I know it''s so hard, if I had to pick a setting today, I would have a tough time too.
1.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/5/2006 1:44:32 PM
Author: Kaleigh
I''m glad you''re getting close to making a decision. Now we have to get mrssalvo to decide on her setting, hehe.
31.gif
I know it''s so hard, if I had to pick a setting today, I would have a tough time too.
1.gif
Lisa, actually Mrssalvo and I like a lot of the same things! I told her the other day to just pick one for me!!! I thought picking the diamond was hard, but this is a thousand times harder!

Happily, though, my diamond has shrunk and I am not a bit worried about the size! I am so glad y''all talked me into the bigger stone! I feel like I can be content with that!

I feel like at this point I''ll end up with Ritani, a custom set by Maytal Hoftman, or a simple plat. setting with diamond band.

diamondlove

Shiny_Rock
I think any of those three options would be great! You may have to just put the three options in a cup and do a blind draw
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You''re right about that, DL! I probably will! I did send Maytal a pic of the Lockes to show her the things I liked best, btw!

Here is another new solitaire I haven''t seen.

solasferasolitaire.jpg

msdarlinjoy

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Diamondseeker ~
emrose.gif

I have been super busy this week, not much time on computer ... but today I am catching up!

Hang in there
emhug.gif
emhug2.gif
... It is very hard trying to narrow it down.
37.gif

Do you like the ring setting that you just posted from GOG? How wide is it? Who makes it?

I have seen this setting before, can''t remember where thou ... and I do like it too! Like I said before ... I could just easily take one of each!
face23.gif

When Maytal comes back on Monday, you should see what she could do for you. If I had enough money, I would have had my ring custom made with matching diamond bands on each side, and since we couldn''t afford my "ultimate dream ring" now, It will sit on the back burner for the right time.

So how wide do you think you want to go for the Ering itself ... and then Wband? Some of you gal''s are lucky to have plenty of fingerage to accomodate wider sets! I wish I had more!

Take care, and keep us updated.

Keep smiling.
35.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Mrs DJ!

I really like your new ring, too! But I think it is a little narrower than 2.5, and I ideally want around 2.5-2.8mm. Then the w-band can be the same width or even 3.0mm. Your setting is perfect to wear two bands with, though!

That last setting I posted is on the GOG site. It is Solasfera, so I am not sure if it can be purchased for other diamonds. Like yours, it has the basket setting, which I like. I probably should email Marie and ask if the width of your setting can vary depending on the size of the head.

CaptainPolyester

Rough_Rock
LOL!!!!

I took a break from PS for about a week, after I finally sent my diamond in to get set.
I just popped back on today and have spent the last half an hour (and a cup of coffee), reading through your ordeal with choosing a setting!

I ultimately settled on a Vatche Royal Crown with Pave. I should have it back next week, so I''ll be posting pics then.

Just thought I''d mention this to you, DS, as advice from someone who''s just a step past where you are now.

There''s a withdrawal phase.

You spend so much time agonizing over details, comparing one setting over the next, one angle against the other. Saving multiple pics of different rings on your computer and then randomly opening them up to see how their appearance hits you (okay, . . . that last one may have just been something I was doing).

The point is, I got enveloped in having all these different designs floating around, and in the end, being able to have just one was hard to accept.
I don''t mean I thought about having numerous rings (be still my sagging checkbook. . . ) I mean I spent a long time debating the merits of one ring over the other, to the point where picking one didn''t mean finally chossing a setting, it meant no longer being able to have any of the oter options out there.

My advice is: try and become as Zen about this as possible. Realize that you''re looking at a lot of beautiful settings, all of which would probably leave you very happy in the long run. . . and then just choose one that "feels" right to you.

Otherwise, I almost guarantee, that you''ll order your ring, and still be browsing pics of other bands afterwards, continuing to debate their attributes.

Funny thing is, this whole process isn''t too far off from producing a song. You spend all this time trying to perfect the work, putting it together in a way that conveys what you''re hoping to get across, but the hardest part is letting it go. Accepting that you''re not going to make any more changes and that you''re going to be comfortable with it from now on.

So, once I put my order in, I stepped away from the computer for a week, and am now just popping back in.
Mostly just to try and contribute a bit to a great forum that helped me out a lot.

It''s not a new kidney you''re buying, it''s a ring, and its perfection is going to be based more on your belief that it''s the right ring than anything else.

I hope this helps. . . and that your ring comes soon.
appreciate your input during my search too, it helped.

Upgradable

Ideal_Rock
At risk of throwing another option into the mix, I think this ring is beautiful.

winks israel levy 6 prong.jpg

Carlotta

Shiny_Rock
I have also always liked that Israel Levy........can be found on their website..........(more pics)

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Captain P! I tried on a Vatche RC this week and thought of you! It is a beautiful ring! And, yes, I do have my four or five top choices saved and I do open them to see what might strike me as best!

I agree with you about being content with the decision, though. It is absolutely true that there is more than one good choice. And I am NOT planning on changing settings every time a whim hits me, so I must choose something timeless enough that I''d always like it.

I am determined to make some kind of decison this week. I''ve reached my time limit on this project!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Upgradable and Carlotta, that is a beautiful ring! I do not recall seeing that one before. I''m going to look to see if they make it in a 4 prong version. I''ve been warned that a low set 6 prong will cause problems getting a wedding band to sit close, so I am leaning toward 4 at the moment. Thanks!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results