shape
carat
color
clarity

Solitaire Pendant Neck shots Please!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 1:51:30 PM
Author: snlee

I love this thread. Keep the pictures coming! =) I REALLY want to get a diamond solitaire pendant. But I think I should hold off on getting it. I''ve already got a diamond ring upgrade and small diamonds stud earrings in the last 2 months!

I want a round diamond. bezel set. white gold. 15'' or 16'' chain.

What size diamond do you think looks good? What''s the smallest you would go? .25 too small?

With a bezel setting the diamond will look a bit bigger so I think that a .25 diamond would look at least like the size of a .3 to .35 diamond in a bezel setting. . . but honestly, IMO, a .25 may just get lost in all that metal and also on your neck unless you''re super petite. I held my .25 to my neck and it made an itty bitty sparkle, but it really was too small for me and I''m actually more comfortable with smaller pieces. Size is mostly personal preference, though. What size are your earrings? I think the proportions of earrings to pendant is a cool way was to compliment. For example have your pendant be at least double the size of your earrings (so if you bezel set, you can have the diameter WITH the bezel be double your earrings. . .so you can get a smaller diamond this way, but have it look decent.)

snlee

Ideal_Rock
MichelleCarmen, I do think a .25 looks tiny. I''d want a .50 but not sure if I''m willing to pay so much for a pendant since it''s not like a ring that you can look at all day (if you wanted to =P). So maybe .33 would be good? My earrings are small - .28 tcw.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 2:26:47 PM
Author: snlee
MichelleCarmen, I do think a .25 looks tiny. I''d want a .50 but not sure if I''m willing to pay so much for a pendant since it''s not like a ring that you can look at all day (if you wanted to =P). So maybe .33 would be good? My earrings are small - .28 tcw.
Yes, I think that .33 would be a great size and right in the middle between your earrings and e-ring. Thirty-three points may not seem that much bigger than a .25 stone, but a few millimeters makes a huge difference. Oh, and also, since people do not look very closely at pendants, you can go down in color quite a bit. A well-cut J stone would be perfect and be more affordable! The other day I got a great look at a pendant a girl at Costco pharmacy was wearing *only* because she was looking down filling out some info. I think generally, most will only see the diamond, the sparkle, the size because they don''t want to be caught staring down at your chest (lol).

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
My sister and I gave each other H&A pendants- she has a .30 I SI1 and I have a .36 H SI2. Both are very lovely- however, when held next to each other, mine is definitely bigger. I wouldn''t imagine .06 makes that much of a difference, but it does. Also, mine has a visible inclusion when viewed from the pavillion (you really have to hold it up VERY closely to see it), but since it''s on my neck, no one else sees it and the SI2 made it that much more affordable.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
okay, just for reference between bezel v. round (just in case anyone cares
2.gif
)

The bezel is four points smaller but I think it actually looks four points larger than my prong-set diamond, don''t you think? Bezels rule! lol

ringpendant4.jpg

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
oh Michelle, i love your pendant and chain! I think you just made up my mind!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Do you ladies with Bezel-set think it takes away from the brilliance of the diamond?

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Sevens,

Yes I received my pendant, I need to take some pictures. There is a slight mistake that I need to call Leon about, but I will post a picture tomorrow.

The pendant does not belong to me. I found the picture on DT years ago.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Tomorrow???
We have to wait until tomorrow. YOU TEASE!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 6:43:10 PM
Author: sevens one
Do you ladies with Bezel-set think it takes away from the brilliance of the diamond?
Is the .466 J that you mentioned in diamond hangout the stone you''re planning to make into a pendant? If so, or if not, a H&A well-cut stone that looks fabulous under the idealscope won''t loose any noticable brilliance in a bezel setting. It''d look spectacular!

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Thanks MC. I think I''ll be using that .46.
But if I drag my feet too long- I''ll have to upgrade it first!
9.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/7/2005 4
6.gif
6.gif
6 PM
Author: ForteKitty
oh Michelle, i love your pendant and chain! I think you just made up my mind!
Thanks, I posted a close up mostly because the other picture I took looks horrible. I took it before understanding what macro mode is. lol

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine... a .38 H SI1 Regent set into 4 prong platinum with platinum chain.

mara regent.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
And here it is on the neck...

regentneck.JPG

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Here you go Sevens one. Can you see the error Leon made?

Resize of 100_0089.JPG

SLH

Shiny_Rock
The center stone is 1.53 carats.

Resize of 100_0100.JPG

SLH

Shiny_Rock
!

Resize of 100_0101.JPG

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Last one.

Resize of 100_0102.JPG

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
That is so cool- but you forgot the neck shot woman!
31.gif

What''s the mistake?

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous!
1.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very chic!

cheers--Sharon

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2005 5:27
6.gif
7 PM
Author: canuk-gal
HI:

Very chic!

cheers--Sharon
Sharon where''s yours????

Aren''t you going to SHAR-ON! (that was bad
14.gif
9.gif

SLH

Shiny_Rock
Sorry, my husband was not at home when I took the pictures. I will rectify the sitution tomorrow.

Now on to the mistake. The stones are supposed to go from small to large. Instead, the second largest stone is first and the smallest stone is in the middle. My husband doesn''t think it is that big of a deal, but it bothers me.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
The first stone looks a little rectangular while the other two are pretty much squared... maybe it''s the pictures?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/8/2005 9:53:29 PM
Author: ForteKitty
The first stone looks a little rectangular while the other two are pretty much squared... maybe it''s the pictures?
I just pm''d her the same.
I noticed that as well.
20.gif

SLH

Shiny_Rock
I see what you mean. It must be the pictures. My husband and I just took a second look and it is square.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Anyone Else???

I want to see More Pendants Please.
9.gif
30.gif

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/11/2005 9
6.gif
6.gif
6 PM
Author: sevens one
Anyone Else???

I want to see More Pendants Please.
9.gif
30.gif
Ah, I would love to post another pendant. . .lol! I''m thinking of getting a pendant similar to the styles Ivanadiamond posted on the first page. . .most likely the square style with a RB in the middle. This will be later after my husband recovers from the clothing shopping I''ve done these last few months. Kind of went crazy.
9.gif

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
Here is my pendant, as promised. It''s a .36 H SI2 in a simple 4 prong setting.

Pendant on neck.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results