shape
carat
color
clarity

So as it turns out...maybe...NOT a heart attack?

facetgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Positive vibes to you @mrs-b :) As for the next few weeks, you've got this. You've helped me in so many ways- just reading various threads, your positivity and perspective (and exquisite taste in jewelry) has gotten me through some dark skies. We are all rallying for you!

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
<hands in the air doing a happy dance>

Just got scheduled for a colonoscopy and endoscopy - yaaaaaaay!

I don't believe this will reveal the issue, as my feeling is that it's in my small intestine, which means I'll need an upper GI series and/or a capsule study. But I have to have the colonoscopy and endoscopy first, before I can get approved for the next steps. After speaking to my GI today, she told me this process will take around 3 more weeks till I get a diagnosis. After that, she said I'll be able to look back at this time of my life and say "Wow - that was the worst time of my life - but it's over now." Hopefully she means the 'worst time' - not the 'my life' part.

I'm just so relieved to see some forward momentum. I can do three weeks. I can do that.

Gratefulgratefulgrateful.

When you get it, ask the anest. if you can have ketamine.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
When you get it, ask the anest. if you can have ketamine.

@whitewave -

Versed is my drug of choice, but unfortunately, because of my cardiac history, I have a general for these procedures. I'm not sure what they use for a general.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Positive vibes to you @mrs-b :) As for the next few weeks, you've got this. You've helped me in so many ways- just reading various threads, your positivity and perspective (and exquisite taste in jewelry) has gotten me through some dark skies. We are all rallying for you!

What a lovely thing to say! Thank you, @facetgirl!

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am happy that you will finally have the tests that will move you forward to a diagnosis and treatment, whatever that may entail. At least you will then have answers. I found that was very difficult during my recent health issue, the not knowing. It took me some time to find the answer and after I did, I could concentrate my energy on learning, fighting and healing.
((hugs)) and well wishes continue, @mrs-b

PS I haven't taken the Pansy off since I heard of your struggles.

I sent this gif to my students this week and thought it was appropriate for you too!!
giphy.gif

Thank you, @Slick1 :wavey:

I'm so pleased you like your pansy - I always thought it was a beautiful charm. <3

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@whitewave -

Versed is my drug of choice, but unfortunately, because of my cardiac history, I have a general for these procedures. I'm not sure what they use for a general.

Well, I get ketamine AND versed lol, and propofol lol. I say ask because it gives me such a calm feeling of peace and happiness that lasts several weeks after surgery.

Good luck!

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well, I get ketamine AND versed lol, and propofol lol. I say ask because it gives me such a calm feeling of peace and happiness that lasts several weeks after surgery.

Why are you all so smart that you know what meds you get? I was a total wreck for my last colonoscopy. I had gotten a migraine and vomited and had dry heaves for hours prior to the procedure. Then all the sturm und drang from that made my blood pressure shoot up and they waited for it to go down. Usually when I have colonoscopies I pop awake instantly after them and remember my visit with the doctor who performed the procedure perfectly. I had so many drugs with this third one that I slept through the doctor's visit. I no longer had a headache when I woke up, either, which the anesthesiologist had said might be the case!

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Daily check in. How you doing? =)2

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Niffler75 :))

I just got back from a walk with my DH. Man oh man, talk about a stretch.

Walked half a mile yesterday and 3/4 today and it was a TOTALLY different experience to 2 weeks ago, when I'd puff away, but just power on at a good pace. Now - I have to stop every so often, and when I do move, I'm SO slow. This convalescence thing is no joke. They said it would be 4 weeks to get close to normal, and 6-8 weeks before I could do heavy aerobic exercise, It's a week since I had the stent put in and I'm still walking like an old lady. Will be a while till I'm back up to speed. I'm resuming gentle yoga classes on Friday, so that should be enjoyable, and w hen I hit 2 weeks, I'm going to try some slow elliptical time.

I still have a little gut pain, but nowhere near what drove me to the ER on Sunday. I have some heavy duty pain killers to use, should the spasms hit again, and I'm just looking for the time when they find what the issue is, and treat it. The belief from my team is that it's the chronic inflammation that led to an occlusion in my heart; 5 years ago my cardiac arteries were nice and clean, so it's extraordinary that they've gone from normal to occluded in such a short period of time. I'm hoping we can treat the inflammation, reverse the gut spasms, and avoid any further plaque build up in my arteries. So fingers crossed.

I'm planning on spending the evening watching movies in bed with my darling husband, so I'm pretty happy with life in general right now. Just hoping hard that I can get my diagnosis and start treatment, without any more of those unbearable spasms.

Thanks for asking after me, Niffler. ox

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Glad to hear your news mrs-b! Sounds like you are on more stable ground while you await your tests and results. Happy for you!!

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @Niffler75 :))

I just got back from a walk with my DH. Man oh man, talk about a stretch.

Walked half a mile yesterday and 3/4 today and it was a TOTALLY different experience to 2 weeks ago, when I'd puff away, but just power on at a good pace. Now - I have to stop every so often, and when I do move, I'm SO slow. This convalescence thing is no joke. They said it would be 4 weeks to get close to normal, and 6-8 weeks before I could do heavy aerobic exercise, It's a week since I had the stent put in and I'm still walking like an old lady. Will be a while till I'm back up to speed. I'm resuming gentle yoga classes on Friday, so that should be enjoyable, and w hen I hit 2 weeks, I'm going to try some slow elliptical time.

I still have a little gut pain, but nowhere near what drove me to the ER on Sunday. I have some heavy duty pain killers to use, should the spasms hit again, and I'm just looking for the time when they find what the issue is, and treat it. The belief from my team is that it's the chronic inflammation that led to an occlusion in my heart; 5 years ago my cardiac arteries were nice and clean, so it's extraordinary that they've gone from normal to occluded in such a short period of time. I'm hoping we can treat the inflammation, reverse the gut spasms, and avoid any further plaque build up in my arteries. So fingers crossed.

I'm planning on spending the evening watching movies in bed with my darling husband, so I'm pretty happy with life in general right now. Just hoping hard that I can get my diagnosis and start treatment, without any more of those unbearable spasms.

Thanks for asking after me, Niffler. ox

Aside from the pain and what you are dealing with, an evening snuggled with your DH sounds wonderful!

I'm glad you are being gentle with yourself while still pushing to make progress. Bodies are crazy things with so many parts all working together. I know how difficult it is to be setback so far. It is painful physically and emotionally.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am so glad you are home and walking, @mrs-b. I misunderstood your situation and thought when you went to the hospital the other day that you had been re-admitted!

Deb/AGBF

Last edited:

whitewave

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Why are you all so smart that you know what meds you get? I was a total wreck for my last colonoscopy. I had gotten a migraine and vomited and had dry heaves for hours prior to the procedure. Then all the sturm und drang from that made my blood pressure shoot up and they waited for it to go down. Usually when I have colonoscopies I pop awake instantly after them and remember my visit with the doctor who performed the procedure perfectly. I had so many drugs with this third one that I slept through the doctor's visit. I no longer had a headache when I woke up, either, which the anesthesiologist had said might be the case!

Easy. My DH is a doctor and our friends are all docs and my good friend did my anesthesia. Lol

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I'm glad to see that you're back home with your DH and DPs (Dear Pups) and holding steady, @mrs-b! I hope that you get more answers, more relief, and more healing soon.

Just curious - I don't mean to pry; I'm just endlessly intrigued by medical stuff. I seem to remember that you had mentioned in past days your medical team wondering about pheochromocytoma and also vasculitis; have those been ruled out at this point? When you say that they believe that inflammation over the last five years caused your occlusion, would that be the inflammation from your Crohn's disease having a systemic effect, or would that be still considering vasculitis? That's amazing that inflammation could affect the cardiovascular system so seriously - sobering indeed! Probably a good thing for all of us to keep in mind to watch our inflammation levels.

I don't really have an assortment of nice pictures to share to cheer you on this computer; I do have this one that my avatar is taken from, of my beloved Gypsy giving Mom some sass for the camera while taking a break from destroying her favorite dinosaur toy.

Another Edit of Gypsy and Dino.jpg

Last edited:

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
@mrs-b checking in and sending prayers your way!
Sounds like overall you had a good day!
Will pray that tomorrow is even better!!!!

OboeGal

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oh! Here's another one: this was Gypsy and her "big brother" Crockett (RIP) wishing my friend a happy birthday. That's Shrimp Scampi (also RIP) doing the photo bomb. I apologize for the poor photo quality!

20150718_162459.jpg

Attachments

• 20150718_162454.jpg
    20150718_162454.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 48

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Prayers to you, your family and the hospital staff and doctors Who are helping you through this. btw, everytime you post I stare at the picture of your three stone ring. Beautiful perfection!

Mcgregor

Shiny_Rock
Delighted that you are beginning to feel better. I hope that this continues. Baby steps to start......

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Dear Mrs B! I am sorry I am not as current as I should be, I have things going on here (house, etc).. But I read every post since the last time I was here (only a few days BUT).. I'm sorry you went back into the hospital but on the other hand you are going ahead and sound as though you have a great gastro.

If I knew you had Crohn's I forgot. My SIL has had Crohn's all her life and had finally had a colostomy bag (and rectum removed ) she said it was horrible.. having the pain of osteoarthritis and being in pain I cannot imagine the pain of something like Crohn's.

You sound well and on the way to finding out what is causing the pain etc.. You are special beyond words, being with you is so much fun and gracious. So I send you healthy, happy, healing dust lady.. I will ensure I read everyday now.. I believe .. :) xoxoxoxo

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b Checking in to see how you're doing today! x

bling_dream19

Ideal_Rock
Thinking about you @mrs-b and wondering how you're doing? It's a gorgeous day and I hope you are enjoying the sunshine.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
paging @mrs-b sending Kate hugs to you! look forward to hearing from you here. :) xoxo

TooPatient

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
How are you doing @mrs-b ? Hope you are enjoying a beautiful weekend home with your DH!

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Thinking about you Mrs B. Hope all is well.
Continued Prayers.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Adding my good wishes. I, too, would love to hear from you when you are up to it.

Deb/AGBF

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hope things are continuing to be well for you mrs-b!

Q

Queenie60

Sending good thoughts your way.

TechieTechie

Shiny_Rock
@mrs-b So sorry that you are going thru this but glad to hear that you are home resting. If I am reading this thread correctly, I am local to you (I'm in the Rt 128/Rt 2 area). Do you or Mr B need anything (besides a diagnosis and feeling better)? If so, let me know.

Hugs and Pumpkin is wishing you a hello and very good Sunday morning to you!

ChaufferingPumpkingaroundArlington.jpg

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hallo everyone. :))

Just feeling tired and having ongoing tests. I've been having all sorts of exams looking at plaque build up in my arteries. because my inflammation is so high, and of such longstanding, that's my risk (plaque build up). My cholesterol and lipids are good, and I exercise regularly, so I can only imagine what the build up would be if that wasn't the case. Currently, they're setting me up for scans of my carotid arteries and any and all vascularization going to the brain. They've found blood specs in my left eye, which might indicate stenosis of the left carotid, and risk of stroke, so I need to go get that checked out. If that's the case, I'll need to have my carotids cleaned out surgically.

I'm just incredibly tired and run down at the moment, so my posting is, I apologize, sporadic. I read PS every day, so I always see your messages and appreciate them greatly. I'm just feeling flat and exhausted. Really wondering how my body will tolerate the prep for the colonoscopy and gastroscopy on Wednesday - I have such bad gut spasms, I'm concerned what this might set off, and I really don't want one more unscheduled trip to hospital.

@Karl_K - I continue to pray for you. Pls don't take my absence as lack of commitment - I'm just beat right now.

Love to you all. ox <3

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results