shape
carat
color
clarity

So as it turns out...maybe...NOT a heart attack?

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Still in hospital, baffling the medical community.

For a few days before I went to the ER with chest pain, I had low temps (95-96), rigors for hours each evening, racing pulse, then climbing pulse to 102. That part would go on for about 3-5 hours, then it would break, the fever would drop, the racing pulse would drop - tho not subside to normal and I'd be ok for the rest of the day. For weeks now, I've had hot flushes multiple times a day - not the menopausal kind, the 'I have a fever' kind where I'd sweat through my clothes. Then they'd calm down. Day 3 of that extreme pain + symptoms led to chest pain, shortness of breath an angiogram and a stent. Problem solved, right?

Wrong, as it turns out. Still getting sweats and chills, EKGs have been normal the entire time, temps slightly raised, but that's about all. Rigors this morning, and blood pressure almost doubled in the space of an hour. Pain. Pain, pain, pain. Legs spasmed, arms spasmed, back, shoulders, chest - all spasmed. Shortness of breath, too tired to speak. Panting.

So the chief cardio and his cardio fellow came in today and happened to arrive in the middle of one of these daily episodes. He said he'd take my inflammatory markers and - BINGO! My C Reactive Protein is about 34 times higher than the highest safe reading. So now we're talking to infectious diseases, rheumatology, and GI.

And that's where we're up to. I'm exhausted, and I'm watching the clock, knowing this beast is going to raise its head some time in the next 12 hours. I'm utterly exhausted. And I've just had a stent. And my BP goes wild when these things hit. And the pain is unbearable.

And I just want to be with my husband above all things.

Demon

Brilliant_Rock
I do hope they figure this out soon and that you get some relief!

MeowMeow

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry :( I wish I could give you a hug and that your husband was allowed to be with you. Virtual hugs and I am keeping you in my thoughts :(

Karl_K

Super_Ideal_Rock
Trade
prayers outgoing

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
How horrible I hope the drs figure it out!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh, this must be so upsetting & frustrating for you! We always expect doctors to watch, investigate & say oh yeah, this is what it is & this is what we need to do! It must be disappointing that they can't quite understand it yet.

But they will. And they'll sort you out & send you home.

Big, huge but gentle hugs.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This whole thing is exhausting and terrifying.

Can I ask people pls to post their favorite ever photo? I don't care what of. Animals. Nature. Jewelry. Their family. Anything.

Thank you, PSers.

Niffler75

Brilliant_Rock
@mrs-b OK, first you are totally in the right place. The medical staff sound very on the ball and they will get to the bottom of what is going on. Sounds like something inflammatory or and infection if some sort.
I am sorry you are still on hospital but can you imagine being discharged them 'bam'- having the same symptoms again.
All will be well. Let the docs do their thing and sending much love to you and your husband! x

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Goodness - what an ordeal! I am sure they will figure it all out eventually but I hope they can keep you comfortable and pain free in the meantime. We are thinking of you and praying for answers and guidance from your doctors. Hang in there - easier said than done I know but keep the faith - sweeter days are coming your way!

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So sorry this is happening to you!! Just wondering, have they done blood cultures and an echo of your heart?

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will be OK. I will look for a photo. God be with you. Please stay with us. We want to be part of your life and are dreadfully sorry for your pain.

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow, I'm sorry that you're dealing with this still! Have your docs ruled out Angina?

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
This whole thing is exhausting and terrifying.

Can I ask people pls to post their favorite ever photo? I don't care what of. Animals. Nature. Jewelry. Their family. Anything.
Thank you, PSers.
@mrs-b I’m so sorry you are having such a rough time. I hope you will soon be on your way home to your adored hubby.
My mom is driving me crazy at the moment...so I can’t think of a favorite photo right now...but I’ll give you a funny pic I saw...I have no idea who to give the credit to...but I thought it would make you smile..Hugs

AEAD6443-77D8-48A4-AE76-02733F72D1AE.jpeg

Cluless

Brilliant_Rock
Mrs B I'm sorry to hear you're going through this, did they check your thyroid? Hang in there this will get sorted out. xo

Posting a picture of my Precious Grand Daughters seeing their first ever Rainbow yesterday.

1588639502560.png 1588639502560.png

Begonia

Ideal_Rock
Praying that the doctors find the answers to what's going on. Praying you come home well.

Ziggy Louise LeFlocker needs a head rub. You offering?

Attachments

• 20160824_130059.jpg
    20160824_130059.jpg
    120.5 KB · Views: 37

Vera W

Shiny_Rock
Trade
Awww man @mrs-b I am SO, so sorry to learn you are still having such pain and repeated episodes. What a relief that the Dr. got to see it in action and jumped on getting results. Continued prayers for your diagnosis and healing.

I hope this picture brings you some joy. I just love the wonder of how tiny this baby is.

baby squid on finger.jpg

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@mrs-b , I’m so sorry you’re still struggling and I hope the doctors can at least help you feel more comfortable. You are in the right place and in good hands, the doctors will figure this out.

B20AB169-7EA2-4151-9CD3-3EA7DAB7AF6A.jpeg

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Something bacterial if your C-reactive is that high... I hope you didn't have a stent for no reason. eeeek.

sounds like when I had typhus. that was scary and man I was sick.

again sending love your way..

Still in hospital, baffling the medical community.

For a few days before I went to the ER with chest pain, I had low temps (95-96), rigors for hours each evening, racing pulse, then climbing pulse to 102. That part would go on for about 3-5 hours, then it would break, the fever would drop, the racing pulse would drop - tho not subside to normal and I'd be ok for the rest of the day. For weeks now, I've had hot flushes multiple times a day - not the menopausal kind, the 'I have a fever' kind where I'd sweat through my clothes. Then they'd calm down. Day 3 of that extreme pain + symptoms led to chest pain, shortness of breath an angiogram and a stent. Problem solved, right?

Wrong, as it turns out. Still getting sweats and chills, EKGs have been normal the entire time, temps slightly raised, but that's about all. Rigors this morning, and blood pressure almost doubled in the space of an hour. Pain. Pain, pain, pain. Legs spasmed, arms spasmed, back, shoulders, chest - all spasmed. Shortness of breath, too tired to speak. Panting.

So the chief cardio and his cardio fellow came in today and happened to arrive in the middle of one of these daily episodes. He said he'd take my inflammatory markers and - BINGO! My C Reactive Protein is about 34 times higher than the highest safe reading. So now we're talking to infectious diseases, rheumatology, and GI.

And that's where we're up to. I'm exhausted, and I'm watching the clock, knowing this beast is going to raise its head some time in the next 12 hours. I'm utterly exhausted. And I've just had a stent. And my BP goes wild when these things hit. And the pain is unbearable.

And I just want to be with my husband above all things.

MrsBlue

Brilliant_Rock
Sending you hugs and heaps of calming and healing dust.

This bracelet was sold at auction but I love the design. Hope it brings you a spark of joy. Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 5.02.49 PM.png

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results