shape
carat
color
clarity

So are Mara and AlJ at WF right now!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 7:18:45 PM
Author: anika
I think Psers should make an annual journey to the holy land Whiteflash and shareth their treasures with fellow womankind.

I almost feel drunk from all those intoxicating photos!
Anika, if you feel drunk, imagine how WE felt when we finally stumbled out of there! TOTALLY intoxicated....lol

MORE pictures??!! Dem, you ARE a glutton! LOL

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 7:55:43 PM
Author: aljdewey

MORE pictures??!! Dem, you ARE a glutton! LOL

Yeah, I know. That picture of all those 2 ct diamonds on Mara's hand -- that is just too fun. They look so divine.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
What a great trip, and what great pics! I would love to have a chance to see such a range of ideal cut stones at one time to see if my eyes can really tell the difference. We split hairs so much here that it brings back the reality that these %'s are really very small percentage differences. We are already talking about the small % of stones that fall into an ideal range and most all of the stones will be pretty spectacular without any hair splitting!

Thanks for sharing thepics. Too bad you didn't get one of the two of you together, or maybe with the WF gang.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2005 6:52:18 PM
Patience, woman!
2.gif

You obviously have no knowledge of to whom you are speaking! My nickname is "Instant Gratification"!

Date: 9/18/2005 6:52:18 PM
It''s a WF design. It''s the champagne ring that''s on their website, but this is a rendering in yellow. And no, I haven''t been participating in that thread.....when I''m all caught up on my usual forums, I''ll be sure to drop in there too.

I shall be waiting for you...and for Patty over there! After disclosing that she likes yellow gold, Patty better not snub us, either!

Deb

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
For my favorite fellow gluttons...

Another shot of the 7.5c on my hand. YUM!!!!!
30.gif

another 7c on hand shot.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
and here is the larger version of the FIRST 7c one I posted on page 1. This is the pic that Greg saw where he said that it looks FAKE. I said the only thing I noticed was that there was STILL SKIN visible on either side of the diamond. So this doesn''t even entirely ''cover'' the finger. SHEESH! WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!?!?!!

and yet one more 7c.jpg

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
ohmygarsh!
23.gif
i think the ''whole hand'' shot really helps emphasize the commanding size of that stone....
wow.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 8:07:29 PM
Author: lop
What a great trip, and what great pics! I would love to have a chance to see such a range of ideal cut stones at one time to see if my eyes can really tell the difference. We split hairs so much here that it brings back the reality that these %''s are really very small percentage differences. We are already talking about the small % of stones that fall into an ideal range and most all of the stones will be pretty spectacular without any hair splitting!
Lop that''s such a good point. When Brian set all those 2c''s in front of me all I could do was goggle silently at them. It wasn''t as though I said..Oh THAT one is the ES stone. Or that one is a CLASSIC or that one is a J and that done is an E. It took me long minutes of hard staring to separate the sparkles in my mind and really start looking for specifics.

That showed me that any one of those stones on a hand or a ring would be stunning, no hair splitting required. We do alot of hair splitting on here because without that visual, many times #''s are all you have besides virtual images...but I loved seeing things in person. That''s why we are already talking about our next trip in 2006 hopefully in spring when it''s time for my upgrade because I would love to see the stones in person yet again for the decision....ANYONE CARE TO JOIN?!?!?!
31.gif

hearts set

Shiny_Rock
OMG!!!

That shot of the prong halo ON FIRE!!

I''ve literally got butterflies with exitement!!

My sweetie picked mine up this morning. I''m too exited!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Man oh man is that fantabulous!!!! I love that new word!!!!!
30.gif
30.gif

diamondlil

Ideal_Rock
Wow, that was great Al and Mara. I really appreciate your sharing all of this with us. Talk about intoxication . . . . I would just love to have experienced your visit to WF myself. Oh well, for now I''ll just have to live vicariously through your posts.
2.gif

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2005 8:51:05 PM
Author: belle
ohmygarsh!
23.gif
i think the ''whole hand'' shot really helps emphasize the commanding size of that stone....
wow.

How heavy was it to wear? Wasn''t Paris Hilton the woman whose engagement ring felt too heavy? How heavy was hers? I read about it all right here on Pricecope!

Deborah

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Mara, those last 2 photos are the best of the 7ct to date (isn''t it kind funny that we refer to it as the 7 ct rather than the 7.52? Normally we would be all over an additional .52pts, but with a stone this size, it''s almost completely irrelevant). Now I really have a good sense of how enormous it really is. It''s so spectacular it''s rendered me speechless! WOW is about all I can muster.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know what you mean about the 7.5 vs 7c Dem...1/2c is huge but when you are talking about a 7c it just seems superfluous until it hits 8c!! You definitely get used to the size, it was HUGE but it wasn''t heavy. And it didn''t look TOO big...HAH!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
Great thread ladies! Thanks for sharing your experiences at Whiteflash and all those incredible photos. Glad you had fun and got a chance to meet one another.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
I love all the pictures
36.gif
Al- that is too funny about you knocking over the box of diamonds, only because that is totally something I would do...If i ever get to visit WF in person I''ll have to give them a heads up
9.gif

I love the pic of all the 2 carats lined up. I WANT ONE. any one would be fine. Those things are all amazing
18.gif

jorman

Brilliant_Rock
Al & Mara!
Congratulations on your fabulous trip! I am glad you had such a great time. I am so sad that I am just reading this thread now and didn''t partake in the chit chat today.

Al- I love that YG U-prong on your hand! I never like YG, but that ring is so fun and sparkly!

Mara- the 7 ct. does not look fake- tell Greg to hush his mouth!
12.gif

So you liked Pappa''s bro''s? Pretty good, huh? Al- you don''t owe me a thing for the recommendation- just ring advice.
9.gif

Mara- we went today and tried on the Daniel K''s. MMMMMmmmmMMMMmmmm!
I need details on this white Sangria recipe!!

-Janna

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Oh my gosh Jorman what a fab idea! I will dig out the recipe and post it so PS''ers can TASTE the magnificence that was the Americas'' white sangria. It was hilarious. I asked...Do you have Sangria? The waiter said, Of course mine is the best in Houston!! I said well do you have WHITE? He said..what is white sangria? ..... Then he offered to try to make something for me. I expressed skepticism that he could ''whip it up'' while we sat there, because part of sangria''s beauty is that it sits in with the fruit for hours. But he SWORE I''d love it. Well WE DID and he was the best to dream it up.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 8:54:02 PM
Author: Mara

Date: 9/18/2005 8:07:29 PM
Author: lop
What a great trip, and what great pics! I would love to have a chance to see such a range of ideal cut stones at one time to see if my eyes can really tell the difference. We split hairs so much here that it brings back the reality that these %''s are really very small percentage differences. We are already talking about the small % of stones that fall into an ideal range and most all of the stones will be pretty spectacular without any hair splitting!
Lop that''s such a good point. When Brian set all those 2c''s in front of me all I could do was goggle silently at them. It wasn''t as though I said..Oh THAT one is the ES stone. Or that one is a CLASSIC or that one is a J and that done is an E. It took me long minutes of hard staring to separate the sparkles in my mind and really start looking for specifics.

That showed me that any one of those stones on a hand or a ring would be stunning, no hair splitting required. We do alot of hair splitting on here because without that visual, many times #''s are all you have besides virtual images...but I loved seeing things in person. That''s why we are already talking about our next trip in 2006 hopefully in spring when it''s time for my upgrade because I would love to see the stones in person yet again for the decision....ANYONE CARE TO JOIN?!?!?!
31.gif

Honey, you just let me know when you''re coming in spring 2006, I''ll pick you and Al and whoever else wants to come up at the airport and take you to WF myself if it means i get to ogle the prospects for your upgrade in person!!!!
9.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Count me in for that trip, too much fun!!!!
9.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 10:51:03 PM
Author: mrssalvo
I love all the pictures
36.gif
Al- that is too funny about you knocking over the box of diamonds, only because that is totally something I would do...If i ever get to visit WF in person I''ll have to give them a heads up
9.gif

I love the pic of all the 2 carats lined up. I WANT ONE. any one would be fine. Those things are all amazing
18.gif
HAHAHAHAHA ----
9.gif
Mrs. S.....you don''t even understand just how prolific this klutz problem is with me!
2.gif
It''s SO pitiful!
41.gif

A few examples: Rich and I went to San Francisco and to Las Vegas for our honeymoon. I took him up to the Marin Headlands to see the incomparable view of the Golden Gate Bridge from there. We were standing about 10 ft from the edge of the cliff, which drop off about 500 feet to the waterline. We decide to head to the car, and I TRIP over a rock sticking up that I hadn''t seen.......did a face plant! Rich nearly had heart failure.....thought I was going over the edge FOR SURE! He was saying he''d NEVER be able to explain it after having been married just 3 scant days....it would look like insurance fraud.

TWO MEASLEY DAYS LATER......we had just completed tour of the Hoover Dam. We''re walking toward the dam sidewalk. I look over my shoulder to say something to him and miss the fact that the curb has now ended in one of those wheelchair access ramps........HUGE bellyflop onto the sidewalk. Camera in my hand goes flying - HIS digital camera, by the way. All this grace in front of the 75 or so people across the street who had just toured upstairs with us.
14.gif
BIG TIME embarassment blush!

And it never ends.......came home from TX and Rich picked me up at the airport. We went out to dinner. On the way out, I fumbled the take-out box. In my haste to keep it from dropping, I lost my footing and did a serious belly-flop onto the pavement. Have a gorgeous tri-color shiner on my knee-cap to prove it.

Honestly, I can''t get out of my own way sometimes. Hee hee.....bet WF wishes they''d had this info BEFORE my visit, huh?

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 10:51:17 PM
Author: jorman

So you liked Pappa''s bro''s? Pretty good, huh? Al- you don''t owe me a thing for the recommendation- just ring advice.
9.gif

Hahahah HA - that, I can do! No problem!
9.gif

Seriously, you girls (and guys) have just made it so fun to share our experiences. It''s like reliving the whole thing over again.....

I''lll see if I have any picture stash left to share. I know I have....oh about a BAZILLION....shots of the 7 ct from every humanly possible angle, so I''ll share a few of em.
2.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/18/2005 11:37:22 PM
Author: HOUMedGal

Honey, you just let me know when you''re coming in spring 2006, I''ll pick you and Al and whoever else wants to come up at the airport and take you to WF myself if it means i get to ogle the prospects for your upgrade in person!!!!
9.gif
Annie, you''re SO awesome. It was SO cool to meet you and Theresa......we HAVE to get her hooked!

Guys, you should just SEE HouMed''s setting.........SWOONABLE! Her stone looks SO much bigger on her hand! Really, really nice ladies. Fun to meet Ginger and her FI too.....keeping my fingers crossed for their closing this Wednesday!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
that trip sounds like a lot fun for Mara and Alj
29.gif
.i should of went to Houston and spoil their party.
31.gif

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 2:13:14 AM
Author: Dancing Fire
that trip sounds like a lot fun for Mara and Alj
29.gif
.i should of went to Houston and spoil their party.
31.gif
DF- if you decide to gate crash let me know, I am all over that...I would LOVE to spend a day at WF. So much to learn and see!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/18/2005 8:49:25 PM

7c ... doesn''t even entirely ''cover'' the finger. SHEESH! WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!?!?!!
Sorry, couldn''t help it!
9.gif

BarbaraHutton.jpg

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 6:30:51 AM
Author: valeria101

Date: 9/18/2005 8:49:25 PM

7c ... doesn't even entirely 'cover' the finger. SHEESH! WHAT WILL IT TAKE?!?!?!!
Sorry, couldn't help it!
9.gif
VAL - laughing my HEAD off over here....that's so on target, it's hysterical!
9.gif

FABULOUS!

I just love your skills!

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 12:19:41 AM

Date: 9/18/2005 11:37:22 PM

9.gif
Annie, you''re SO awesome. It was SO cool to meet you and Theresa......we HAVE to get her hooked!

Guys, you should just SEE HouMed''s setting.........SWOONABLE! Her stone looks SO much bigger on her hand! Really, really nice ladies. Fun to meet Ginger and her FI too.....keeping my fingers crossed for their closing this Wednesday!
Awww, thanks Al!!! *blushing*

I know, I''ve been showing Theresa around the site and enjoying watching her drool over all the sparklies...I showed her your pendant yesterday and she LOOOOOOVED it!!! (surprise surprise...like it''s possible to NOT love that pendant!!)

And I''m totally serious about the airport pickup...it would be my pleasure! Just let me know when the plans for spring come together!
9.gif

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/19/2005 9:54:49 AM
And I''m totally serious about the airport pickup...it would be my pleasure! Just let me know when the plans for spring come together!
9.gif
i hope you have a big car!
27.gif
9.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Maybe I missed it - what are the specs of the 7c?

Mara - it''s looks nice on your long fingers.
27.gif
Puts a whole new meaning to the term shrinkage.
2.gif

And, someone asked - I''d like to know as well - did it feel heavy on your hand. Maybe you couldn''t tell since it wasn''t secure in the setting and you couldn''t move around. I tried on a 4.5c and I DID feel it.

Sounds like fun. Maybe a group trip to Houston is in order. Except for the restaurants and destination WF, what else is there to do?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results