shape
carat
color
clarity

So are Mara and AlJ at WF right now!?!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2005 11:38:19 AM
Author: Mara
F&I you are a true Southern girl on the luggage...as for the ears, well you can get them pierced before the trip or we can assist with a needle and some alcohol?

As long as you aren't blaming her lack of pierced ears on her being a southerner; I am a New Englander and I did not have mine pierced until I was 48! (My mother had taught me that it just wasn't done.)

Deb

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
All you need is a needle, rubbing alcohol, matches and a cork. I did my friends ears when we were teenagers. Hey Oprah got hers done. It''s not bad F&I, you can do it!!!!!
36.gif

yellowfan

Brilliant_Rock
Thats neat though that while your friends were getting their ears pierced that you didn;t. My Grandmother did not pierce hers either. She said back then ppl would use potatoes and pierce their ears with a big needle!!!!
39.gif

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I got my ears done...and didn''t stop there.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
My Mom had mine pierced when I was just a baby (aka a few months old?) so I don''t remember the excruciating pain...thank GOODNESS because I''m too much of a wuss to have them done if they were not already!
31.gif
But don''t worry F&I...we''ll be gentle.
12.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Great pics and what a great time! Thanks for sharing!! You guys were literally like two kids in a candy store!
31.gif

Very jealous!!
9.gif

Congrats on the earrings Mara.

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2005 12:22:42 PM
My Mom had mine pierced when I was just a baby (aka a few months old?) so I don''t remember the excruciating pain...

I went to the dermatologist. She used a punch. It was over so quickly that I didn''t have time to feel pain. It was literally instantaneous. I just looked a her because I couldn''t believe that that was it, and she said, "Are you all right?". I was stunned by the lack of any pain!

Deb

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif

and....F&I husband''s thought that she is even thinking about it again. .....
32.gif
32.gif
32.gif
39.gif
39.gif

Oprah was an inspiration! But, it''s worn off.
39.gif

........there''s always room for a RHR!
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah and I''m not sure whether Oprah even let them heal properly. I think she said that when she heard she had to have the same earrings on for 6 weeks, she wasn''t pleased. A RHR would be very nice.
2.gif

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2005 12:16:40 PM
Author: AGBF

Date: 9/20/2005 11:38:19 AM
F&I you are a true Southern girl on the luggage...as for the ears, well you can get them pierced before the trip or we can assist with a needle and some alcohol?

As long as you aren''t blaming her lack of pierced ears on her being a southerner; I am a New Englander and I did not have mine pierced until I was 48! (My mother had taught me that it just wasn''t done.)

Deb
My mother was also in that camp of not peircing ears. Thus I pierced mine pronto right after my 18th birthday.....
11.gif
Eventually, even SHE gave in and pierced hers 10+years ago when the offer of a nice pair of gem earrings came her way. F&I -- You can do it!
36.gif

FWIW...I had mine done with a needle and cork, and the piercing didn''t hurt at all. The healing hurt some -- especially sleeping on the earring and talking on the phone...

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I just want you guys to know that I am so insanely jealous of your fabulous trip!!! It sounds like a first class blast. I cannot get over the GORGEOUS photos of that unbelievable 7.5er... *eyes rolling up in head* Can you even imagine wearing that monster every day?! I can only dream!
30.gif

Thanks for all the photos and stories you have shared with those of us who were... left behind...
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

Lynn

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Wow, very sobering now, ladies. When we were first running dates together, our first plan was to go to Houston today (Wednesday) staying through this Saturday. The only reason we didn''t: Brian wasn''t going to be available due to his impending trip to Antwerp.....so we agreed to go a week earlier. Last week.

With Rita on the way, so glad we moved it back. Now, just worried for our friends in Houston.

See, I TOLD Brian he should just let me take the box of diamonds with me for safekeeping! Of course, that was BEFORE I tipped it over...
32.gif

Sending prayers and best wishes for all our friends in Houston. Plan well, stay safe, and check in often so we know you''re ok.

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope they just skip town. Really I do. My clients down there are taking off. All our advertising was cancelled. I hope this storm just collapses. I know, dreamland, but hey, once can hope. Then NO ONE has to worry.

HOUMedGal

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for your concern, Al!!

I''m outta here as soon as I get final word from school that the exam I''m supposed to have tomorrow morning is cancelled. I personally think it would be really dumb for them to ask us to come take the exam tomorrow, but the official word isn''t out yet, soo....better stay till then.

But my car''s gassed up, packed up, and ready to go!!!

Other Houston folks: be safe!!!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope all our Houston friends stay safe!!! I will be thinking of all of you and saying prayers for you as well.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ditto that K!

Strawdermangrl

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I am hauling it out tonight.

Peace out H-town. CAN YOU EVEN IMAGINE???

Diamond Princess

Shiny_Rock
Trade
First time around, I don't remember much except screaming and crying my eyes out and everyone in the mall looking at me as if my mother had just beat me. My poor mother was sooo humiliated. The really nice stroller guy gave me a lollipop to ease the tears. Amazing how that always works... tee hee
9.gif

Second set, I was on my Senior Trip and fell into the whole peer pressure of all 6 of my best friends doing it as a "last time we're all together" kind of thing. How stupid, I know! LOL I remember I was the last one because I kept dodging the lady after she finished one after another until there was only me left.

So here I am, sitting in this realllllly tall chair, my feet dangling, totally flustered and beet red and she hands me this little purple teddy bear and told me to squeeze it if it hurt. Needless to say, I nearly ripped the poor bear apart and the crowd that had gathered was dying in hysterics at the look on my face and the really loud shriek I let out.

Ohhh... *sighs* Those were the good old days....

35.gif

Jamie
www.whiteflash.com

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Mara & Aljdewey:
I''ve had such fun reading about your adventures in Houston!
I was just there yesterday, and had an incredible time with the WF group. What a class act! I took pics, and hope to post as soon as I can.

Now, talk about timing! I flew out this morning, (on my originally scheduled flight)- with no incident.

My thoughts and prayers are with all the folks in the gulf.

Be safe!

CG

ello

Brilliant_Rock
A bump for the 7ct!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results