shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Awe, thank you! I should say that I wanted to be able to wear it with all options of gold chains, collars, and even maybe a satin chord.
I love the idea of diamond melees on each cap of the smaller rhodo. Basically, she wants it floating horizontally with a little end cap of gold on each side attached to a gold chain. This one is much smaller, but the color is very strong as is the way it plays with the light. there is something so magical about their geometries...little parallelograms! It amazes me that the atoms start to organize in these ways to create these crystals. They just seem so ‘alive’

Oh wow! Her design sounds so perfect!
Please have her take some snaps when finished, it sounds so dreamy!

I myself am looking for a little cube. Brad at the GemTrader has some really beautiful and inexpensive cut rhodos but no cubes that I could find.

I also found some on etsy in silver but I was thinking of eventually having it made into a yg ring that was more for collection than wear!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh wow! Her design sounds so perfect!
Please have her take some snaps when finished, it sounds so dreamy!

I myself am looking for a little cube. Brad at the GemTrader has some really beautiful and inexpensive cut rhodos but no cubes that I could find.

I also found some on etsy in silver but I was thinking of eventually having it made into a yg ring that was more for collection than wear!

Yea, I think cubes are hard to find because mostly they are at least somewhat parallelograms. You’d have to be very careful with a ring, but it would be beautiful! Maybe you can ask him to ask his cutter! And pls keep me posted on your search!! How exciting:)

I love Brads selection and his prices are good. really high quality pieces based on the 2 that I bought from him. These are actually rare crystals but aren’t main stream, so lucky for us that they are affordable. I spent around 200 for hers and around 1000 for mine.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Yea, I think cubes are hard to find because mostly they are at least somewhat parallelograms. You’d have to be very careful with a ring, but it would be beautiful!

I love Brads selection and his prices are good. really high quality pieces based on the 2 that I bought from him. These are actually rare crystals but aren’t main stream, so lucky for us that they are affordable. I spent around 200 for hers and around 1000 for mine.

Those are wonderful prices for both!
I just want a lil' glowy guy!
I found this totally rough one on ebay for less than $50 thats 7x15x16mm that im thinking about! Itd just be for my little gem shelf, not wear.
s-l400 (13).jpg
s-l400 (12).jpg

& heres the ss pendant I was talking about above! Its $224
il_794xN.2166011976_bquy.jpg

What do you think?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually, my husband wants to buy one and inquired about current selection. He ( Brad at TGT) informed that he’s traveling to a gem show...I bet it’s Tucson. Maybe you could ask him to keep an eye out! :dance:

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those are wonderful prices for both!
I just want a lil' glowy guy!
I found this totally rough one on ebay for less than $50 thats 7x15x16mm that im thinking about! Itd just be for my little gem shelf, not wear.
s-l400 (13).jpg
s-l400 (12).jpg

& heres the ss pendant I was talking about above! Its $224
il_794xN.2166011976_bquy.jpg

What do you think?

The color of that specimen is amazing! It looks like a chunk of watermelon! I saw that pendant too and I do love it. Clearly, I love how the design works with the shape of the crystal ! It’s so beautifully geometric and pure. :)

Last edited:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Actually, my husband wants to buy one and inquired about current selection. He informed that he’s traveling to a gem show...I bet it’s Tucson. Maybe you could ask him to keep an eye out! :dance:

Lol I want to tread lightly here....you mean contact Brad at GT right? And not your husband? Hahahaha

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
The color of that specimen is amazing! It looks like a chunk of watermelon! I saw that pendant too and I do love it. Obviously, I love how the design works with the shape of the crystal ! It’s so beautifully geometric and pure.

I was thinking about buying the inexpensive rough and wire wrapping it with a foot of 9k YG wire that I have for a lil pendant!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I was thinking about buying the inexpensive rough and wire wrapping it with a foot of 9k YG wire that I have for a lil pendant!

That is a great, great idea!! I would love to see that. In really appreciate how wire wrapping lightly cages stones so that they show their natural forms.
it reminds me of a tiny spess crystal that Brad had...I imagined a caged setting for it in a ring.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
That is a great, great idea!! I would love to see that. In really appreciate how wire wrapping lightly cages stones so that they show their natural forms.
it reminds me of a tiny spess crystal that Brad had...I imagined a caged setting for it in a ring.

Ive never really wire wrapped before but It shouldnt be too difficult to create a basic cage design!

& I sent a message to Brad! Hes gonna scratch his head at the insurgence of specific rhodo cube hunters lol

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ive never really wire wrapped before but It shouldnt be too difficult to create a basic cage design!

& I sent a message to Brad! Hes gonna scratch his head at the insurgence of specific rhodo cube hunters lol

That’s awesome! Lol, he might indeed be bewildered!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just finished making these dangles for my sweet 18k yellow flower hooks!
I love these hooks because I can just continue making gemstone or pearl dangles for them and theyre so inexpensive once you buy a nice pair of hooks!

20200210_181255~2.jpg 20200210_181249~2.jpg 20200210_181238~2.jpg 20200210_181305~2.jpg

I used 9k yellow gold 28g wire for strength and just wrapped the wire to create a bail with a pair of rounded nose pliers.

Message_1581378818722.jpg

So far I have made for these hooks specifically (I have made far more gold earrings w/ their own hooks) a pair of rhodochrosite drops, turquoise briolettes, and a pair of lustrous edison pearl dangles!

20200210_180802.jpg

voce

Ideal_Rock
Just finished making these dangles for my sweet 18k yellow flower hooks!
I love these hooks because I can just continue making gemstone or pearl dangles for them and theyre so inexpensive once you buy a nice pair of hooks!

20200210_181255~2.jpg 20200210_181249~2.jpg 20200210_181238~2.jpg 20200210_181305~2.jpg

I used 9k yellow gold 28g wire for strength and just wrapped the wire to create a bail with a pair of rounded nose pliers.

Message_1581378818722.jpg

So far I have made for these hooks specifically (I have made far more gold earrings w/ their own hooks) a pair of rhodochrosite drops, turquoise briolettes, and a pair of lustrous edison pearl dangles!

20200210_180802.jpg

Gorgeous little baubles! You make me envious I don't have my ears pierced!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous little baubles! You make me envious I don't have my ears pierced!

I always forget that youve said you don't! May I ask why not?
Is it culture? Or you just never getting around to it? Or desire- like seeing them similar to getting a nose piercing?

Earrings are fun! They can frame your face and theres nothing like a good pair of emerald studs or diamond studs or even pearl drops with an updo!

voce

Ideal_Rock
I always forget that youve said you don't! May I ask why not?
Is it culture? Or you just never getting around to it? Or desire- like seeing them similar to getting a nose piercing?

Earrings are fun! They can frame your face and theres nothing like a good pair of emerald studs or diamond studs or even pearl drops with an updo!
My mom never did it and so I never had pieces ears growing up. Nowadays, my DF forbids it on account of my having spent so much money on gems. :blush:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am almost positive that it is jello. Literally a piece of mystical jello glimmering and waiting to be enjoyed forever. I've never seen anything like it.

Love this description! Thank you! It is also extremely soft to the touch. I’ve never felt such a soft gem when touching it. I’ve been enjoying it for that reason too.

Now my husband bought one to wear on a long chain under his clothing..so there are 2 more to have set, one for my daughter and his.

collier

Shiny_Rock
Love this description! Thank you! It is also extremely soft to the touch. I’ve never felt such a soft gem when touching it. I’ve been enjoying it for that reason too.

Now my husband bought one to wear on a long chain under his clothing..so there are 2 more to have set, one for my daughter and his.

I am so glad. Once I present reply I had doubts because not everyone has the same warm fuzzy feelings for Jello that I do. What a wonderful visual and tactile treasure! I hope you all share in its joy :)

collier

Shiny_Rock
On a totally separate note, I have a secret smile of little things that make me smile myself. BUT, I don't have it yet and I "don't know." My MIL bought me a bracelet with a small bezel set sapphire for my 40th... (Actually, I bought it bc she isn't technologically capable or on loupetroup.) It is just waiting for the day. I smile every time I think about it.

I also have a little baggie of tiny maybe diamonds... the possibilities just make me smile

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting to do some lower key projects for a while. After hearing many good reports about DanielM I commissioned a couple of thumb bands from him, one in 14K RG and the other in platinum. They came out perfectly, the finishes were pretty and the timeline was very quick.

Now I'm ready to try him on a gemstone ring. He does a lot of mixed metal work which I like, gold and silver together can be very attractive as well as cost effective.I just received a moonstone I bought on Litnon for the grand sum of $29 (including shipping). I thinking of a RG setting around the moonstone and using silver for the shank.

moonstone in box.jpg moonstone indoors.jpg moonstone ooutdoors.jpg

The moonstone is 2.62 Ct. and measures 10x8

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I've been wanting to do some lower key projects for a while. After hearing many good reports about DanielM I commissioned a couple of thumb bands from him, one in 14K RG and the other in platinum. They came out perfectly, the finishes were pretty and the timeline was very quick.

Now I'm ready to try him on a gemstone ring. He does a lot of mixed metal work which I like, gold and silver together can be very attractive as well as cost effective.I just received a moonstone I bought on Litnon for the grand sum of $29 (including shipping). I thinking of a RG setting around the moonstone and using silver for the shank.

moonstone in box.jpg moonstone indoors.jpg moonstone ooutdoors.jpg

The moonstone is 2.62 Ct. and measures 10x8

This is a great idea! I have a welo opal with a sterling silver shank and a yellow gold bezel that I bought at an art fair. I really like the look and have considered setting more cabochons that way. I love the idea of a rose gold bezel with the moonstone and am very interested to see the finished ring!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This is a great idea! I have a welo opal with a sterling silver shank and a yellow gold bezel that I bought at an art fair. I really like the look and have considered setting more cabochons that way. I love the idea of a rose gold bezel with the moonstone and am very interested to see the finished ring!

Thanks, 2Neezer :) I also bought a 6 mm deep red spinel off of Etsy and just sent it off to Dan to set in manner much like your opal. It will have a 14K rose gold bezel with milgrain and a matte argentium shank. It will only cost me $105, which is a great deal.

My quote for setting moonstone was also very reasonable considering the size of the moonstone, around $185. I always wear rose gold or a white metal, silver, white gold or platinum so I thought it would be nice to have some pieces I could mix with everything.

I'll be sure to post pictures when my pieces are finished!

2Neezers

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see the rings @leslie1956 !
Here’s a picture of my welo opal with a yellow gold bezel and sterling shank. I hadn’t originally posted a picture since I have been having problems getting good pictures, but this picture I took this morning turned out okay :)) .
E6A65688-F0AB-46CC-85FB-54091035D2D4.jpeg
I also have this big and fun turquoise ring in all sterling from the same maker.
F6D19E79-42E1-4E6B-8837-F14095648E2B.jpeg
They are both from James Blanchard, he has an Etsy store and also shows at art fairs.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I can’t wait to see the rings @leslie1956 !
Here’s a picture of my welo opal with a yellow gold bezel and sterling shank. I hadn’t originally posted a picture since I have been having problems getting good pictures, but this picture I took this morning turned out okay :)) .
E6A65688-F0AB-46CC-85FB-54091035D2D4.jpeg
I also have this big and fun turquoise ring in all sterling from the same maker.
F6D19E79-42E1-4E6B-8837-F14095648E2B.jpeg
They are both from James Blanchard, he has an Etsy store and also shows at art fairs.

They are both very pretty, nice workmanship! Opals lend themselves very well to mixed metal settings, I think. I'll be sure to check out that Etsy store.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@leslie1956 & @2Neezers I love your mixed metals projects going on!

Leslie I love Dan's work, and I cannot wait to see the simple beauty your moonstone ring exudes. Moonstone of all shades have a large space in my heart! You always have lovely projects going on!

& Neezers- I have 3 Ethiopian opals that look similar that Ive been wanting to have set. Yours looks Fab in yg and silver!!! I just love how Ethiopian opals look in gold! I think TL once coined the greenish orangey color they give off as "sherbet" opals...divine! Also I love love your turquoise ring!!! It is perfect. I have a similar turquoise that has the same color and veining but its an odd shape.

IMG_20200523_143302.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Heres pics of my little morning project: Solid gold danglies for my 18k flower hooks with teal and lavender grape chalcedony ❤

@Bluegemz took my love for the gemstone and amped it up to an obsession! Ive been looking for ready made pieces on etsy that incorporate fine made jewelry with the gemstones rough state but had a difficult time finding anything that felt perfect.

I came upon a huge parcel of tiny pieces that I won for a few dollars on ebay and picked these two beauties out of the lot.
They both have druzy that cannot be seen in the photos but that sparkle beautifully in the sun.

I wasnt sure how theyd look in gold since theyre so raw and organic in their state- but I truly love how they came out!

Ive been wearing them around the house all day (:

IMG_20200523_142043_701.jpg IMG_20200523_142043_700.jpg

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Heres pics of my little morning project: Solid gold danglies for my 18k flower hooks with teal and lavender grape chalcedony ❤

@Bluegemz took my love for the gemstone and amped it up to an obsession! Ive been looking for ready made pieces on etsy that incorporate fine made jewelry with the gemstones rough state but had a difficult time finding anything that felt perfect.

I came upon a huge parcel of tiny pieces that I won for a few dollars on ebay and picked these two beauties out of the lot.
They both have druzy that cannot be seen in the photos but that sparkle beautifully in the sun.

I wasnt sure how theyd look in gold since theyre so raw and organic in their state- but I truly love how they came out!

They are so pretty, great idea!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thought that my fellow cab lovers might enjoys seeing this! It comes from an Etsy shop called TheGemstoneMatrix in the UK. They have a number of cabs that feature paraiba material, like this sugarloaf.

il_794xN.2241831884_pkc6.jpg

paragon1234

Shiny_Rock

That is so cool! I can't believe they naturally form like that. Now I want to make some earrings too. If I were to buy a large piece, could I break it into smaller pieces to make earrings?

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results