shape
carat
color
clarity

Small Purchases that Make me Happy (:

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
I got my rhodo cube! I can’t believe how much I love it. First, the color is amazing. It is vibrant, glowy, intense yet it has such delicacy and softness to it.
The whole thing has a kind of sheen. I’m super excited...drawing up setting options ( yellow gold definitely). It’s also silky smooth to hold, and has s lovely weight.
I took these pics early this morning, so pics aren’t the best, and they upload with lost color intensity, but here she is!!
7915FE02-13ED-433B-9474-BCCC65ECCF77.jpeg
FBD44CAD-8CC4-4B84-BC02-705EFDE0B386.jpeg
View attachment 712882
4BC58E51-A35B-4AD4-A075-7A85B9BABF1D.jpeg

OH. MY. GOD.

I have no words....

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
And here is a picture which captures the sheen.
6879A402-BF64-4D7A-B4E6-9798A35931A6.jpeg

That is jaw droppingly gorgeous and oh so clear...wow!
Can I please please be put on the list for first dibs if somehow you ever decide that it needs a new home? Somehow I think you wont ever be parting with this glowing ice cube!!
That thing is... Yea...no words!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is jaw droppingly gorgeous and oh so clear...wow!
Can I please please be put on the list for first dibs if somehow you ever decide that it needs a new home?
That thing is... Yea...no words!
Of course! You are first in line should it need to be rehomed! :)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, all sorts of unclassy comes out when I see shiny! Including calling forst dibs in case of rehoming haha!

I could stare at those pictures all day!!
Nah, not unclassy at all!! Just a lovely free expression of appreciation and a great compliment !! Thank you so much!

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A few more miscellaneous stones. Three of the faceted ones on the right are from Litnon from the clearance section! The bright light colored one on the far right is from Dan Stair of Custom Gems. It is a sapphire.

A4E8E956-7EBF-4966-AE20-461B463641C4.jpeg

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blugemz that is a really cool jolly rancher gem!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A few more miscellaneous stones. Three of the faceted ones on the right are from Litnon from the clearance section! The bright light colored one on the far right is from Dan Stair of Custom Gems. It is a sapphire.

A4E8E956-7EBF-4966-AE20-461B463641C4.jpeg

That green scallop carving is wonderful!
I see (sea) a pendant.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
And here is a picture which captures the sheen.
6879A402-BF64-4D7A-B4E6-9798A35931A6.jpeg

Blue....
I keep coming back to pictures of this....its truly stunning IMO.
I know you enjoy a slower process including digesting each aspect of a project, but I personally cannot wait to see what you do with it. So in love!! :kiss2:

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Bluegemz Wiwen Nilsson antithesis

Thinking out loud

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blue....
I keep coming back to pictures of this....its truly stunning IMO.
I know you enjoy a slower process including digesting each aspect of a project, but I personally cannot wait to see what you do with it. So in love!! :kiss2:
You are adding to my enthusiasm! Here’s what I’ve been thinking about.
1) pendant with delicate frame and back plate in gold. Very simple but a purity in geometry.

2) a brooch pendant mix, like my aqua brooch with the leaves. Feeling into it, this rhodo reminds me of all the beautiful, luscious things which come in this shape, like candy, soap etc. I was thinking of a gold element in which Is textured, like paper or cloth, around the stone, as if it were just unwrapped. In essence, the gold would be like stylized gold wrapping. It could have a few fold lines, as paper does, to extend and answer to the strong geometry of the stone. It could have a few little diamonds at the edges, here and there, to add a subtle 3rd element. I just need to sketch this idea because it’s hard to describe!

What do you think of these ideas?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Bluegemz Wiwen Nilsson antithesis

Thinking out loud
Thanks for bringing my attention to him. I hadn’t known of him before! I see similarities and antithesis.

Reactions: AV_

AV_

Ideal_Rock
@Bluegemz I remember some of the best known pieces that keep surfacing on markets, all silver and rock crystal; a rhodocrosite prism is what WN did not do with his geometry - Color! Not that I'd know how...

___
What's in my mind: WN's step cuts - playing with windows & reflectors in rock crystal - is the cut that got me interested in cut to begin with; I haven't moved on too far since.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Just got my little rose cut diamonds today!
They will be gypsy set into the band for my peridot ring! This project is starting out especially fun. :appl:
I think my daughter will treasure this birthstone ring with age.

20190923_171539~3.jpg

Also I almost made another thread for this 6.18ct tanzanite cab but he's very inexpensive so I'm deciding to post him here!
I love him, but thoughts? Should I get him?

il_570xN.1486716344_p0zt.jpg il_fullxfull.1486714784_j2xd.jpg il_fullxfull.1534198849_lj42.jpg il_fullxfull.1534199229_haxo.jpg
He's 11mm in diameter and 6mm thick.
The sellers photos are very close in accuracy; he's also the guy I purchased the peridot from.

Oh oh & @Bluegemz if it's not hidden too far in a safe and isn't too much trouble could we please see some shots of the apatite cab you spoke of?

I love apatite and knowing you it ought to be just gorgeous and holding a soul of it's own!
Will this beaded bezel apatite be a ring or pendant?

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
You are adding to my enthusiasm! Here’s what I’ve been thinking about.
1) pendant with delicate frame and back plate in gold. Very simple but a purity in geometry.

2) a brooch pendant mix, like my aqua brooch with the leaves. Feeling into it, this rhodo reminds me of all the beautiful, luscious things which come in this shape, like candy, soap etc. I was thinking of a gold element in which Is textured, like paper or cloth, around the stone, as if it were just unwrapped. In essence, the gold would be like stylized gold wrapping. It could have a few fold lines, as paper does, to extend and answer to the strong geometry of the stone. It could have a few little diamonds at the edges, here and there, to add a subtle 3rd element. I just need to sketch this idea because it’s hard to describe!

What do you think of these ideas?

Also so sorry I'm just now getting to this!
The second is somewhat difficult to imagine but I think I know what you're saying; A convertible-ish piece that can be worn as a pendant or brooch that adds to the shape and idea that this gem is candy in that the gold is a wrapper coming halfway off with a sprinkling of diamonds?
& The first is so easy to imagine; I see a long 40" rich 18k yellow chain thats soldered onto the setting, like a swing. This idea is much more modern but would no doubt let the gemstone be the center of attention!

To me both sound wonderful but the first appears more wearable in that its a geometric setting with simple lines and would look so mysterious with your love of jeans and a black cashmere!
BUT the second is so much fun and would be a piece that would likely cheer you up and make you and anyone who sees it smile!
It depends what you want out of the stone; to build a frame that follows the cubes organic structure and relish in its simple beauty or to build a piece that celebrates its pleasurable shape and becomes a piece of pleasure in itself.

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
They will be gypsy set into the band for my peridot ring! This project is starting out especially fun. :appl:

20190923_171539~3.jpg

Also I almost made another thread for this 6.18ct tanzanite cab but he's very inexpensive so I'm deciding to post him here!

il_570xN.1486716344_p0zt.jpg il_fullxfull.1486714784_j2xd.jpg il_fullxfull.1534198849_lj42.jpg il_fullxfull.1534199229_haxo.jpg
The sellers photos are very close in accuracy; he's also the guy I purchased the peridot from.

Oh oh & @Bluegemz if it's not hidden too far in a safe and isn't too much trouble could we please see some shots of the apatite cab you spoke of?

I love apatite and knowing you it ought to be just gorgeous and holding a soul of it's own!
I love both of those cabs and I'm not even a big peridot fan! I'd get that tanzanite cab if I were you :)

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock

20190923_171539~3.jpg

That little cab is so cute! You make me want to steal your collection.

Shijitake

Shiny_Rock
3EE49DB4-C9AA-49CE-AD86-A3F01E7BEEB8.jpeg May I join your thread with some of my little pendants?
One is a 9ct Rose Gold fob with “gold stone”. This fob was on a fob chain that was literally black and cost me $2 to buy from a car boot sale when I was 11. My very first “bargain buy”. Even then, I recognized that the weight of the chain meant it wasn’t rubbish. I still have both the chain and the fob.
The “Fumsup” charm. These are cute and are from WW1. They were often given to departing soldiers for good luck. The head is wood as in “touch wood for good luck”. I found this in an antique shop decades ago.
A quartz charm in 14kt. This is some sort of treated quartz but I loved it because it looks similar to faceted moonstone. It gets a gold glow in some lights.
My glass vial charm with gemstones. I found this on eBay and thought it beautiful and different.
My Head charm. I think this piece is very old, I think it is carved Lapis. It has been made into a pendant (18ct) and the “headband with wee diamond” holds it to the backing.

I love that opal looking quartz :love:

Bron357

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love that opal looking quartz :love:
Check out eBay, it’s really cheap to buy loose. They call it “Blue Moon Quartz”, it’s real Quartz but it’s had some sort of treatment. The other gem that’s fun, and it is a type of glass, is called Opalite.

Hivona

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
These small gems are my first purchase from Litnon except for the elongated hex on the right. That’s a sapphire from Dan Stair. Pink is tourmaline, faint yellow & orangy brown are zircons.

9E7770E2-BC1E-4676-BD01-A601B829A281.jpeg

voce

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl I think I saw your emerald ring listed on danielmjewelry! :twisted2:

Because you've liked my previous multi-gem sketches, I'm going to show you what I plan to have Dan make me for next month.

icm_fullxfull.217837528_fwxquvfiiy8sss040wc4.jpg

It's supposed to be a bee, though a bit abstract, not the most literal rendition possible.

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
@TheGarnetGirl I think I saw your emerald ring listed on danielmjewelry! :twisted2:

Because you've liked my previous multi-gem sketches, I'm going to show you what I plan to have Dan make me for next month.

icm_fullxfull.217837528_fwxquvfiiy8sss040wc4.jpg

It's supposed to be a bee, though a bit abstract, not the most literal rendition possible.

Lord jesus youre fast! I just purchased the finished listing and was planning on posting a new thread!
I'm very interested in seeing the final product! It looks very interesting and reminds me of a mexican fruit basket full of color!

voce

Ideal_Rock
Lord jesus youre fast! I just purchased the finished listing and was planning on posting a new thread!
I'm very interested in seeing the final product! It looks very interesting and reminds me of a mexican fruit basket full of color!
LOL you're one to talk about being fast. I got an alert that you liked my post above less than half a minute after I posted it! Lots of new threads about projects getting finished this week. What a treat for CS forums!

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
These small gems are my first purchase from Litnon except for the elongated hex on the right. That’s a sapphire from Dan Stair. Pink is tourmaline, faint yellow & orangy brown are zircons.

9E7770E2-BC1E-4676-BD01-A601B829A281.jpeg

I love these four but especially like the cut on your light green sapphire! It fairs beautifully with the light yellow zircon to the left! I can see a pendant made of those two gems!
Thank you for sharing your new lovely treasures with us :kiss2:

I finally received my fluorite hearts with micro faceting and their 18k yellow gold eye hooks! I slapped those babies on my teensy hoops along with some solid gold beads and theyre so unique!! Theyre a beautiful lagoon/Mediterranean sea blue and have excellent clarity with zero inclusions! Anything seen is dust/debris

20190925_183650.jpg 20190925_183701~2.jpg 20190925_183627.jpg 20190925_183657.jpg 20190925_183624.jpg

I'm in love and the seller has been nothing but a doll! She seemed worried that they were a different size or color from eachother so I was expecting them to be two different colored hearts but when I opened the package they were perfectly matched!

I still have my rhodochrosite drops and flower ear hooks coming in the mail from the same seller so I'll have to update when I make those earrings!

Oh and heres a fun artsy filter photo! :P2
20190925_183459~2.jpg

LemonMoonLex

Ideal_Rock
Received the drops, 18k flower ear hooks and wire today and made these bad boys!
Im in love with them!

I swear this year is year of the solid gold DIY gemstone dangle earring! I just cant stop making them because they're pretty affordable, fun to make, and in the end I get a beautiful pair of dangle earrings that are high quality.

These ear hooks were about 5x the amount I usually spend on solid gold hooks but they're a nice gauge, 18k, and have beautiful little flowers on them so I couldn't resist!

20190928_170414.jpg 20190928_170430.jpg 20190928_171220.jpg 20190928_171302.jpg 20190928_171453.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results