shape
carat
color
clarity

Slit shank pear design

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
I have been scouring the internet looking for a split shank pear design ER -- which lead me here. I have noticed a few pictures from members. I would love to hear where you got yours from & if you are happy with your ring? Do you have a problem with it twirling around on your finger?

I have been eyeballing a split shank from Danhov. It''s pictured with a 2 ct., but I only have a 1ct -- so I wonder if it will look as nice. Dh said I can upgrade, but 2 cts are a bit expensive!! Anyway, does anyone have that particular ring? Or seen it in person or tried it on?

Here is a picture.

Thanks,
Jayrenay

pear_splitshank_3.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
hi!
Welcome to PS!
the look you have in mind is truly one I covet.

There is a PSer here with a beautiful ring and I don't think she would mind me sharing one pic of it. I will see if I can refind the thread with all the info.

I have a question for you though. With a pear of about a 1 ct weight, would you consider doing your split bands closer together? I think on a smaller stone (please don't misunderstand this, I don't think 1 carat is small at all, but to pull of a split shank, might be a little different) that the bands emphasis on the size of the stone is a bit better when they are closer together.

ETA check out this thread for acouple more splits. there is one without a halo and I think that is so pretty for a pear
https://www.pricescope.com/forum/topic22676.html=

splitty pear2.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks so much for the replies and links.

Can I just say "I LOVE DIAMONDLIL''S RING"!!!! I sure hope she comes around to this thread!

Sophie, very good point about the shank and the size of the diamond. I new something would look different, but couldn''t put my finger on it. That is exactly why I wish I could find somewhere locally that sells the Danhov so I can see it in person with a 1 ct. I''m strongly considering taking my dh up on his offer for an upgrade. I need to talk to him about a budget though, I have a feeling he doesn''t know how much 2ct (or close to it) is going to cost. Actually, I''m not totally sure either... I think I''ll start researching!

jayrenay

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
I had considered this look for a RHR with a pink stone, but decided on an oval instead that is why I said what I did about the shank spaces....hopefully a pear is in my future someday! haha

where are you located? (since you said you would look locally to see if anyone carries it).

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
here is one I posted awhile back, you can see the bands start in closer together. (it was an ebay ring)

ebayok.jpg

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 71px">Date: 8/3/2006 10:09:00 PM
Author: Sophie

I had considered this look for a RHR with a pink stone, but decided on an oval instead that is why I said what I did about the shank spaces....hopefully a pear is in my future someday! haha

where are you located? (since you said you would look locally to see if anyone carries it).
I''m in Orange County, CA

I like the picture you posted -- I don''t mind the split shank closer together. That stone looks bigger than 1ct. though. Do you know the size?

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Danhov is in LA and they sort of customize.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Diamondlil had her split shank pear ring made at Quest. After a lot of suffering trying to find a good jeweler to make her vision come to life!!! Quest did a very good job with her ring - you may want to contact them for a quote. I also agree with the shanks a little closer together - Diamondlil''s stone is 2ct.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here is another split shank pear (2ct stone) I saw a long time ago that I just loved. I forgot the owner''s screenname though. Mary Alaina had a replica of this ring made. However, she does not want other people to post her pics, so do a search if you''re curious. But it looks just like this one.

pear microsetting 2ctab.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
i just saw the prettiest ritani split shank pear ring the other day....i don''t have it saved on this computer but i''ll try to dig it up and post it. i like it the best out of all the split shank pears because the shank is a little curvy and not just plain straight. it was divine and i don''t even really love pears.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I know which one it is...I saved it to my hard drive when I was looking for settings...lemme dig it up...

Here ya go.

ritbezelpear.jpg

upgrading mama

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 11:16:34 AM
Author: jayrenay9

style="WIDTH: 99%; HEIGHT: 71px">Date: 8/3/2006 10:09:00 PM
Author: Sophie

I''m in Orange County, CA

I like the picture you posted -- I don''t mind the split shank closer together. That stone looks bigger than 1ct. though. Do you know the size?

That was awhile back, but I think that was around a 2ct as well...

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
YES that''s it FG...i just love it!!! it''s kind of a bit of a unique take on the whole pear halo/split shank thang. it just draws the eye in somehow.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 11:47:18 AM
Author: JulieN
Danhov is in LA and they sort of customize.
Do they actually have a store I can go in to? I need to do some research!

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think they sell to the public? A call to them might be in order. If you have no local retailers, maybe that'll help you through the door?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 1:53:32 PM
Author: FireGoddess
Here is another split shank pear (2ct stone) I saw a long time ago that I just loved. I forgot the owner''s screenname though. Mary Alaina had a replica of this ring made. However, she does not want other people to post her pics, so do a search if you''re curious. But it looks just like this one.
That was a tad confusing!
33.gif
LOL Anyway, whovers ring that is, it''s very pretty! Do you know if it started out as a custom? Also, do you know what size stone it is?

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 2:09:01 PM
I know which one it is...I saved it to my hard drive when I was looking for settings...lemme dig it up...

Here ya go.
That Ritani is what made me start the search -- I fell in love with it when I saw it. Then I found the danhov, which I think I like better. Although all these custom ones are beautiful too! I''m just scared to death to go the custom route. I read diamonlil''s story and that is exactly what I am afraid of happening! Although her final product looks like it was worth waiting for.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 3:04:46 PM

33.gif
LOL Anyway, whovers ring that is, it''s very pretty! Do you know if it started out as a custom? Also, do you know what size stone it is?
Sorry, I just noticed you already said it was 2 ct.

I''m seriously thinking that I definitely need to upgrade my diamond. But, now I''m wondering if I should go for a different shape -- which changes this thread all together now doesn''t it?? LOL

I just don''t see why I need to have 2 pear shape diamonds, seems kind of silly.

What does everyone think of a cushion shape in a split shank? (I still just love the pear split shank!!!)

Decisions, decisions...

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 3:14:56 PM

Here is another split shank pear (2ct stone) I saw a long time ago that I just loved. I forgot the owner's screenname though. Mary Alaina had a replica of this ring made. However, she does not want other people to post her pics, so do a search if you're curious. But it looks just like this one.
33.gif
LOL Anyway, whovers ring that is, it's very pretty! Do you know if it started out as a custom? Also, do you know what size stone it is?
What exactly was confusing about what I wrote??

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
a cushion in a split shank is yummy too. have you seen pokey''s ring?

link to thread

2111-A1.JPG

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
pokey special!!

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 4:03:47 PM

Date: 8/4/2006 3:14:56 PM

33.gif
What exactly was confusing about what I wrote??
Trying to keep up with who''s ring is who''s because someone won''t let you post pictures of her ring that is actually exactly like soemone else''s ring who will let you post pictures! LOL Did I get that right!!!

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 4:27:43 PM
Trying to keep up with who''s ring is who''s because someone won''t let you post pictures of her ring that is actually exactly like soemone else''s ring who will let you post pictures! LOL Did I get that right!!!
Yes, and it''s a long story.
2.gif

If you want to see Mary Alaina''s ring (which IS a copy of the one I showed above), you can find it in the
Show Me Your Pears thread.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/4/2006 4:08:00 PM
Author: mrssalvo
a cushion in a split shank is yummy too. have you seen pokey''s ring?

link to thread

That is a very pretty setting too. Thanks for posting that.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
FireGoddess, thanks for the link. It was so much fun looking at everyone's pears and seeing them in different settings! There's a lot more pears out there than I thought.

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Btw FireGoddess, do you have any problems with your diamond twirling around and ending up in your palm area? I looked at one similar to yours (but not nearly as pretty) and the jeweler really tried to dissuade me from it saying that a lot of people complain about the diamond moving around too much because it''s top heavy.

FireGoddess

Super_Ideal_Rock
I don''t have a problem with the ring twirling but the ring is snug on my finger. It''s not really loose so it doesn''t do that at all.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results