shape
carat
color
clarity

Shrinkage even with a halo...anyone experience this? Or am I crazy!

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
This seems ridiculous but lately I am having shrinkage even with my halo ring. It all started when I saw a lovely huge solitaire that just took my breathe away. Sometimes I regret not spending more money on a larger stone in a solitaire. I think lurking on here hasn’t helped.

anangel

Brilliant_Rock
I totally understand! I have a couple of very nice halos- one by A. Jaffe, another by Love Affair Diamonds, they are beautiful but they spend more time in my jewelry box than I care to admit. Lately I’ve been grabbing my simple solitaire... it’s understated, pairs well with just about anything, it just works.

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
Oh yes, this is real. I have a halo but now want a larger solitaire too.
Also, I was struck by the need to have an e-ring set in yellow gold.

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
I totally understand! I have a couple of very nice halos- one by A. Jaffe, another by Love
Affair Diamonds, they are beautiful but they spend more time in my jewelry box than I care to admit. Lately I’ve been grabbing my simple solitaire... it’s understated, pairs well with just about anything, it just works.
Glad I am not alone!!!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's the reason why you should purchase from a vendor who have a good upgrade policy, b/c an avg. diamond shrinks .15mm per yr. :wink2:

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
True. This is my ring. I suck at pictures.

That is pretty much your entire finger. Is it the design change you are after, or diamond size?

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Honestly I think I should have spent more on a bigger stone and opted for a solitaire. Don’t get me wrong, I lovemy ring but also love a nice simple solitaire.
What size is your current stone?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is gorgeous!!! :lol: What I'd do is wait until you've been married a long time and consider getting a new diamond ring (whatever you love at the time) and then you can move this ring to your right hand. This ring is larger than most engagement rings, so you are very fortunate to start off with one that nice!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous ring and yes you are not alone in your struggle. I agree with @diamondseeker2006. Wear your stunning ring and take your time deciding what you want and need in a ring. I love love love a solitaire. But my current ER is a halo. It's really lovely too. But I am currently wearing an AVC moissy solitaire and it has me longing for a solitaire reset for my ER. Granted the AVC moissy is over 6 carats. I have big (man) hands and need big rings to look proportional. But my current ER is an OEC 4.93 carats and I think (hope) she will look good in a solitaire and the shrinkage won't be too much for me. Having said that she doesn't seem large anymore in her halo so yes I hear you and can empathize with you. Enjoy your ring and enjoy the journey and do not rush into anything.

For those reading this thread who have not seen your ring I am going to share a photo. We love photos on PS. Just fyi. :)

52C6A67F-A95C-4980-ABE0-0B5152A62F98.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Large solitaires real rock. There is something so sexy about a simple stunning large solitaire. Swoon!

The problem is there are so many delicious options!

Jean1977

Rough_Rock
Gorgeous ring and yes you are not alone in your struggle. I agree with @diamondseeker2006. Wear your stunning ring and take your time deciding what you want and need in a ring. I love love love a solitaire. But my current ER is a halo. It's really lovely too. But I am currently wearing an AVC moissy solitaire and it has me longing for a solitaire reset for my ER. Granted the AVC moissy is over 6 carats. I have big (man) hands and need big rings to look proportional. But my current ER is an OEC 4.93 carats and I think (hope) she will look good in a solitaire and the shrinkage won't be too much for me. Having said that she doesn't seem large anymore in her halo so yes I hear you and can empathize with you. Enjoy your ring and enjoy the journey and do not rush into anything.

For those reading this thread who have not seen your ring I am going to share a photo. We love photos on PS. Just fyi. :)

52C6A67F-A95C-4980-ABE0-0B5152A62F98.jpg
Thank you for the kind words.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results