shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Star sapphires and rubies

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I found this gorgeous completely grey star sapphire yesterday. It seems so modern to me in it’s beautiful lack of color. Also, an intense small star sapphire ring with so much presence. And an interesting setting![/QUOTE]

That small sapphire is beautiful! I'm currently looking at some tiny star rubies/sapphires that haven't been priced yet. They are all under a carat, have a very sharp star and are a beautiful almost clear red. May I ask the price range you are looking at with that little one?

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I found this gorgeous completely grey star sapphire yesterday. It seems so modern to me in it’s beautiful lack of color. Also, an intense small star sapphire ring with so much presence. And an interesting setting!

That small sapphire is beautiful! I'm currently looking at some tiny star rubies/sapphires that haven't been priced yet. They are all under a carat, have a very sharp star and are a beautiful almost clear red. May I ask the price range you are looking at with that little one?[/QUOTE]
Hi Suzanne! The tiny pink one is listed around 3.5k with the ring and all. It seems like it’s very good quality. I’d love to see what you’re considering if you want to share. I’m happy to provide the seller of the pink star if you’d like. It may be a tad expensive, but possibly could be negotiated down.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A23F09B7-2087-4565-BA5A-58F2C44C074B.jpeg 9E4F350F-4187-4F66-9679-4FD28999AD39.jpeg 07EBE571-A728-4C4D-B70F-EDA82148AC67.jpeg Here are another 3 smaller star rings ranging from 1300-3200.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That small sapphire is beautiful! I'm currently looking at some tiny star rubies/sapphires that haven't been priced yet. They are all under a carat, have a very sharp star and are a beautiful almost clear red. May I ask the price range you are looking at with that little one?
Hi Suzanne! The tiny pink one is listed around 3.5k with the ring and all. It seems like it’s very good quality. I’d love to see what you’re considering if you want to share. I’m happy to provide the seller of the pink star if you’d like. It may be a tad expensive, but possibly could be negotiated down.[/QUOTE]

Hi Bluegemz! Thanks for your reply. 3.5k!! Even with negotiation that's expensive for me! :oops: I guess I didn't have any perspective in your picture. How big would you estimate that little star is? 20 carats? :lol: (Sorry, this is the first time there has been appropriate emoji).
I don;t mind sharing my seller at all. I loved your thought about stars and jade finding their people. I've been following this nice guy on Instagram. He goes under the name of Baldergems. He recently acquired a stash of stars that I fell in love with. They are mostly under a carat and all have super sharp stars. His prices are very reasonable for spinels but I think these are the first star rubies I've seen him offer. Well, not actually offer because he hasn't priced them yet...
I've had one interaction with him and it went well. I bought a very nice red spinel and it was shipped promptly. Unfortunately, it was too dark for my taste and I returned it. The return shipping to Vietnam was harrowing. She took a leisurely tour of Asia, visiting Singapore and China each TWICE. I wish I could have been a fly on THAT wall!!
Anyway, once he received it, the funds were sent quickly. A good interaction and I made a new friend.
So I'm waiting for him to price one of those beauties.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Suzanne, lol, it would be expensive for anyone. I would estimate that it’s about 2 carats. I do think it’s overpriced, even though top quality stars can sell for $1000 per carat, and star rubies are more, as in regular sapphires and rubies. And, stars are much more rare.
The seller sounds interesting and the stars sound gorgeous! How wonderful that you are on this search! I hope he prices them well since we always find plenty of overly expensive items. It’s such a relief to find a good deal!
I do firmly believe in the stones finding their people. It’s just happened so many times. With my larger star ring, it was like that. It was ‘waiting’ for me and I knew it was right immediately. After decades of searching, I found 2 rings in the same Spring/Summer! Thankfully the prices were doable for me.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
1BD3AF4D-B45B-411D-8159-486E2B31496C.jpeg 29A8AC81-1BFC-404D-9648-EAB754A0C133.jpeg FB0BB707-5407-46E7-AF34-1A491DD97994.jpeg 8)Perusing the web today, I found these wonderful, older star rings with fantastic settings! Imagine these restored with star of choice or stars that came with the rings.

Vesper

Shiny_Rock
Premium
BG, oh that last grey star sapphire is so dreamy. It looks like morning fog.

pwsg07

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
A23F09B7-2087-4565-BA5A-58F2C44C074B.jpeg 9E4F350F-4187-4F66-9679-4FD28999AD39.jpeg 07EBE571-A728-4C4D-B70F-EDA82148AC67.jpeg Here are another 3 smaller star rings ranging from 1300-3200.

Is the blue star $3200? What is the weight of the stone? I am curious about the price since I am not familiar with the market price. Thank you.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Is the blue star $3200? What is the weight of the stone? I am curious about the price since I am not familiar with the market price. Thank you.
It’s 3.5 carats. I’m not sure if it’s really that blue, but even if it’s not, it’s a lovely stone in my opinion.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AC59F6B1-9619-414A-9D2C-153A1CF956F2.jpeg A very interesting clear star sapphire with fascinating, clear crystal inclusions in it. I wonder if they are sapphires within sapphire.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wonder if they are sapphires within sapphire.

I would expect them to be ... look at their shapes for characetristic euhedral faces, then book a confocal Raman session.

I LOVE THAT SAPPHIRE

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would expect them to be ... look at their shapes for characetristic euhedral faces, then book a confocal Raman session.

I LOVE THAT SAPPHIRE
Valeria, I Love it too! It’s magic! I was thinking that after looking at thousands of stars this past half year, im starting to notice that there are distinct types of stars. My big star is this type, with great clarity and a few of these kind of clear crystal inclusions. This one is beautiful in the composition of inclusions and everything about it!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
... great clarity and a few of these kind of clear crystal inclusions ...

Have not heard of this here - must be: WWW

I could fall for a diamond like that any day ...

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to hear it is yours now !

I am finding myself lately thinking about a certain pile of cabochons WWW . You tell me if subtly coloured star sapphires might work this way .-)

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Congrats on the rare, wonderful find, Bluegemz! Looking forward to more photos of the star sapphire once you get it.

valeria101, that is one luscious totally 3D berry-like ring I'd love to bite into if I could. I think it manages to look so awesome because of the colour. If it's a lighter colour, it'd be a wholly different mood, perhaps like a reflection in water rather than packing a pink punch!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks like morning fog.

I know I want that look - sapphire or else WWW ...

If it's a lighter colour, it'd be a wholly different mood, perhaps like a reflection in water

Yes - I am thinking that this very transparent star might catch colours from the smaller stones around & beneath ... or not.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy to hear it is yours now !

I am finding myself lately thinking about a certain pile of cabochons WWW . You tell me if subtly coloured star sapphires might work this way .-)
Valeria, I love that cluster! I have been thinking about doing a cluster with the tiny stars and possibly this clear one, but also about making it into a bypass ring with a clear jade star cabochon. So many options.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on the rare, wonderful find, Bluegemz! Looking forward to more photos of the star sapphire once you get it.

valeria101, that is one luscious totally 3D berry-like ring I'd love to bite into if I could. I think it manages to look so awesome because of the colour. If it's a lighter colour, it'd be a wholly different mood, perhaps like a reflection in water rather than packing a pink punch!
Thank you so much Burmesedaze! It’s a tiny little thing at only 1 carat! I’ll post plenty of pics when it arrives.

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
How fascinating!

I couldn’t resist, I bought the little star. I’ll take it out of the setting and probably set it with a jade cabochon for a ring.

Yay! I'm so happy you bought the little one. It will be a fabulous addition to your wonderful stars. More pictures when you have her in her new setting!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yay! I'm so happy you bought the little one. It will be a fabulous addition to your wonderful stars. More pictures when you have her in her new setting!
Thanks Suzanne! It’s a tinsy little thing, but I imagine it as a bypass ring with a clear star jadeite and white metal....and tiny shaggy diamonds.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AC56A0DA-6D33-478C-9291-1B66F24267DE.jpeg EB0DF94E-23D7-451D-9197-3480E86D5E6F.jpeg 26A01E0C-12FD-45B1-900F-97E3569A9DC6.jpeg 9472C376-810F-49A9-9358-55A254C2C4AE.jpeg A few more small star rings and an interesting ghost reflection star in a very moody color!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
D06F289C-3056-412C-BA03-D1F1DDF0AF54.jpeg AD79056A-4777-4149-9F5F-05BBC6ED91D0.jpeg So I purchased this ice jade star in order to combine with the clear star in a bypass style ring. I’m going to remove the star from the pendant setting. I will have some little diamonds around the star. I just think that these two stones go together so beautifully! The inclusions and the purity and innocence of the two stones are like different expressions of the same feeling.

And, here is s lovely lavender star, the likes of which I’d love to have someday. I said that I’d like a star ring to pass down to each of my daughters, so once this tiny star ring is made, that will be 3 star rings...but I’m still looking for a larger one someday.

alupha

Rough_Rock
2BF5C922-5794-496A-A4A4-8D39A4AD08D9.jpeg BFD4FE77-BBB1-4341-94B0-714169EED32C.jpeg Moonlight jelly in the shade....

D06F289C-3056-412C-BA03-D1F1DDF0AF54.jpeg AD79056A-4777-4149-9F5F-05BBC6ED91D0.jpeg So I purchased this ice jade star in order to combine with the clear star in a bypass style ring. I’m going to remove the star from the pendant setting. I will have some little diamonds around the star. I just think that these two stones go together so beautifully! The inclusions and the purity and innocence of the two stones are like different expressions of the same feeling.

And, here is s lovely lavender star, the likes of which I’d love to have someday. I said that I’d like a star ring to pass down to each of my daughters, so once this tiny star ring is made, that will be 3 star rings...but I’m still looking for a larger one someday.

Absolutely love that jelly. What caught my eyes though, were your jade bracelet and that jade star. :love:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Absolutely love that jelly. What caught my eyes though, were your jade bracelet and that jade star. :love:
Thank you! My 2 big gem loves during this life phase are star sapphires and blue/lavender untreated jadeite. The bangle is an antique and the star is the first cabochon of colorless jade which I purchased. I got this for the shape and the beautiful inclusions/texture because the ring should evoke a sense of the Milky Way. I recently purchased a lavender cabochon pendant, and wish to buy another clear, ice jade cabochon for a ring this Winter. Jade love is never ending lol!

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I just survived a harrowing 45min large wooden boat ride, seated next to the stack of life vests. Had planned to leave the island I'm vacationing on tomorrow but because of the depression sweeping in, we were advised to leave a day early before the seas got too rough. Let's just say, we were tossed vertically while making the crossing! But all's good. Fingers crossed the flight doesn't get cancelled tomorrow.

So I'm now at the hotel on mainland surfing away and in a self-rewarding mood. Came across this young seller based in Mogok selling gems on Facebook. While most of her gems are more for the local market (i.e. cut for size rather than beauty) or else pretty included, this slightly over 3ct star sapphire looks pretty neat and a richer blue than my first light pale blue star sapphire. Getting my jeweller in Yangon to purchase it on my behalf to take a chance on my first internet purchase in Myanmar :). Besides, all the communication is in Burmese!

Vendor's photos FB_IMG_1508428648491.jpg
FB_IMG_1508428645429.jpg FB_IMG_1508428642372.jpg FB_IMG_1508428639124.jpg FB_IMG_1508428645429.jpg FB_IMG_1508428642372.jpg FB_IMG_1508428639124.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results