shape
carat
color
clarity

Show your Star sapphires and rubies

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow so happy a PSer bought this! I noticed them on Gary’s site too and was wondering about them! It looks lovely.

When I saw your first photo before you said it was a lab I almost lost my mind thinking you’d found a perfect natural star Ruby! So impossible to find such a thing. Loving this lab option.

Haha yeah it’s so impossible that it’s the biggest give away that this must be a lab! That’s usually my issue with lab gems is they’re “too perfect” compared to earth mined gems since unlike diamonds most mined gems are not ideally cut, consistently colored and so eye clean .

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
^ Wow! Yeah, that tempted me and I'm not a lab guy. (Well, not in that sense. :cool2:) Pleased to see that it is as lovely as it was represented! What a nice size, too!

Also it sounds like he’ll be cutting more of these in case you want to give into temptation! I actually think these will look fabulous with some diamond accents or a toi et moi with an antique lab diamond. I’ve gotten a few things from Gary (finewatergems) over the years and love that he explores new materials and cuts.

Last edited:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This ring is for sale on EBay right now. The seller has a sweet story to accompany the ring. it was his great grandmother's and he is ready to let someone new love it.

2700+ sales? His great grandmother had a lot of jewelry. :cool2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
This ring is for sale on EBay right now. The seller has a sweet story to accompany the ring. it was his great grandmother's and he is ready to let someone new love it. I wanted to share as I really like the color of this star sapphire. Hopefully there is someone ready to add this to their collection.

EBay listing for 1918 Star Sapphire Ring

Screenshot 2024-02-21 7.40.31 PM.png

The 24kt white gold in the listing title is telling enough for me to say no thanks. There is no such thing.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
This ring is for sale on EBay right now. The seller has a sweet story to accompany the ring. it was his great grandmother's and he is ready to let someone new love it. I wanted to share as I really like the color of this star sapphire. Hopefully there is someone ready to add this to their collection.

EBay listing for 1918 Star Sapphire Ring

Screenshot 2024-02-21 7.40.31 PM.png

Also, 96.7% would probably be a pretty good rating anywhere else but by eBay's rating system, it's terrible. I'd skip over this person's items based on that score alone.

It's a shame because it would seem like a gorgeous ring at a good price if it weren't for the hints of hinkiness. :(

musicloveranthony

Brilliant_Rock
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results