shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings!

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I thought it would be fun to start a thread with a compilation of everyone's Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings. I'll start by posting some from older threads. I hope the owners do not mind.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Lottie

Brilliant_Rock
Nice thread, I love that Star Sapphire - it really is the most georgeous summer blue.

This is my Art Deco ring with a 0.80 transition cut diamond. I bought the wedding band the day after - its 1930s. Diamond looks really included in the first picture but its actually just filthy! - had to include it because it shows the engraving on the wedding band really well.

2011%2008%2028_3452_edited-2.jpg
2011%2008%2028_3443_edited-1.jpg
2011%2008%2028_3446_edited-1.jpg

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful set Lottie! I love the engraving on the wedding band, and step effect of setting on the right.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Posted by by herekittykitty » 10 Jul 2009 13:17
This is a ring my dad got me for my 17th birthday from the "estate" case in a jewelry store. How old could it really be? I got it 13 years ago. Its 3 cabachon emeralds and 2 diamonds.

emeraldringcabachon.jpg

stci

Ideal_Rock
Here is mine. 1.08 ct, old european cut + 0.42 baguettes and tiny round.

gros_plan.jpg

1b.jpg

IMG_2567.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I love your set, LG!!! So pretty!!! :love: :love:

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
Logan sapphire, I love your ring set.

Dreamer_D

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here are mine.

One is a 0.80ct H VS OEC in a modern version of a buttercup mount. The diamond came like that in the buttercup mount, but looking at it, I think it is modern, though the inner head that holds the stone may be original. The ring is now my mom's engagement ring!

Next up is my 0.97ct I VS2 OEC in its original mount, which I think is a period mount. Unfortunately, it was really not a nice ring. The filigree was so badly done (not cast well) an the ring had been badly reshanked. I seset the stone into a modern fishtail style solitaire in white gold. The diamond looks much better!

ddOEC3.JPG

drea2OEC16.jpg

drea2OEC17.jpg

OEC 007 - Copy.JPG

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
This is a picture of an engagement ring I inherited from one of my great aunts. Neither she nor her sister married so I don't have any idea what happened to the fiance. She was born in 1901, so the ring probably dates from the 1920s or 1930s. My mother was born in 1933 and says that she vaguely remembers Sis having a boyfriend but she was too young to remember much.

Unfortunately, when my grandfather gave this ring to me, I wasn't especially interested in the history so I never got around to asking him about it before he died several years ago so I don't know anything about it except that it's in nearly pristine condition. According to the appraisal, it's a .48 Ct. round FC (???) G-H VS1 with four .02 CT single cut G-H VS1 in an 18KT white gold setting. The JABEL stamp is still clear.

The pictures are not great, but they're the only way I can share. I think the yellow prongs are from a repair. The jeweler's ultrasonic cleaner "removed" one of the diamonds the first time I had the ring cleaned so he repaired the prongs but I'm sure I didn't have them replate with rhodium.

liz

Sis01.jpg

Sis02.jpg

OldAndMine

Rough_Rock
I just wanna say how pretty everybody's rings are! :love:

LoganSapphire, I have a soft spot for deco jewelries, what a lovely ring!
LibbyLA, I wish my family are as considerate about historical pieces passing down the generations, but with the wars a lot of them disappeared to make way for more important things :(( It is a pity that you did not get to hear the story of the ring. I think vintage and antique pieces are not only unique aesthetically but are precious for the stories it could tell us. I always envy people with family heirlooms because they have those stories behind them, while my purchased antiques are silent. Nevertheless, your ring is really lovely art deco ring, especially with the fact that it used to belong to a great aunt.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
LibbyLA said:
This is a picture of an engagement ring I inherited from one of my great aunts. Neither she nor her sister married so I don't have any idea what happened to the fiance. She was born in 1901, so the ring probably dates from the 1920s or 1930s. My mother was born in 1933 and says that she vaguely remembers Sis having a boyfriend but she was too young to remember much.

Unfortunately, when my grandfather gave this ring to me, I wasn't especially interested in the history so I never got around to asking him about it before he died several years ago so I don't know anything about it except that it's in nearly pristine condition. According to the appraisal, it's a .48 Ct. round FC (???) G-H VS1 with four .02 CT single cut G-H VS1 in an 18KT white gold setting. The JABEL stamp is still clear.

The pictures are not great, but they're the only way I can share. I think the yellow prongs are from a repair. The jeweler's ultrasonic cleaner "removed" one of the diamonds the first time I had the ring cleaned so he repaired the prongs but I'm sure I didn't have them replate with rhodium.

liz
it's lovely!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
mmeowcollins said:
Thanks, guys. I'm actually thinking about selling these rings...not 100% sure yet.

They are stunning!! Love them!

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
So many antique pretties!

Dreamer- those are beauties! One day I'm going to come across "the one" of the OEC I really like! Those look just the right size!
Logan- I love the delicate contrast between your ering and shaped band- beautiful!
Stci- love the look of that center stone peeping out like a starburst!

I have a few to join in with. Mine aren't all diamond, but have diamond in them (mostly). Hope that's ok.

On my ring finger is my promise ring from my bf who got it for me because I smooshed the band on the other one (we know better now than to shop at the mall). English ring from first half of the 1800's in rose cut diamond and sugarloaf sapphire, so around 200 years old, give or take a few years. The sapphire is most likely not original. When we found it we were both intrigued by it (and it exactly matched the shirt he was wearing that day).

Then my opal and white stone ring, age unknown. A gift from my father, who used to deal in vintage/estate jewelry.

Diamond and enamel cocktail ring I bought about 20 years ago, maybe from the 50's? The diamond is maybe 15-18pts. It doesn't quite fit any more but those tall prong are amazing!

Vintage (possibly Art Deco?) snake ring with rubies and pearl. (Another one that needs sizing nowadays...ho hum...)

Diamond and emerald pendant, also from my father.

antiques1.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results