shape
carat
color
clarity

my great-great grandmother''s star sapphire

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

acw13

Rough_Rock
This is my Great-great Grandmother''s Star Sapphire ring with diamonds in white gold. My mother gave this ring to me a few years back, let me know what you think!

elsiestar3pic.jpg

Adah

Shiny_Rock
Acw13 - I responded to your other thread but I thought I''d check with you. In the other thread you mentioned the ring was your mother''s grandmother''s ring from 1920''s-30''s but here it says your great great grandmothers. A consistent timeline would help the members to give you a more accurate response.

As I have previously said, if you want to know more about your ring I would take it to a G.G.

acw13

Rough_Rock
I am genuwinley sorry about that, It is my Great Grandmother''s ring.

Adah

Shiny_Rock
No worries - just thought I''d check. I hope you get some good responses here - there is a large knowledge base here!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
That''s probably one of the synthetic star sapphires that were very popular in the mid-20th century.

Nice to have such a pretty heirloom from your great grandmother!

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
I think it''s lovely!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/26/2009 1:16:28 AM
Author: glitterata
That''s probably one of the synthetic star sapphires that were very popular in the mid-20th century.

Nice to have such a pretty heirloom from your great grandmother!
I agree...very attractive ring...From photo...I would say Lindy brand star set in ring from the late 1960s-mid 1970s....very popular ring in that period.
Side-note....Glitterata...so good to see you posting ....have missed you!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Awww--back atcha, Jewelerman. I was finishing up a big project; now I''m taking a tiny break before starting another one.

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Whatever it is, its very pretty and a nice family heirloom to have
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results