shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your Antique/Vintage and Reproduction Rings!

bianka

Rough_Rock
So many beautiful pieces in this thread. I can't call them all out but....
LibbyLA, I especially love the side view of your ring.
Bastecat, your collection is so cohesive, colorful and whimsical.
And MrsJacob; wow--I love the drama of your collection.

Well done, everyone.

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
bastetcat|1329342778|3126911 said:
So many antique pretties!

Dreamer- those are beauties! One day I'm going to come across "the one" of the OEC I really like! Those look just the right size!
Logan- I love the delicate contrast between your ering and shaped band- beautiful!
Stci- love the look of that center stone peeping out like a starburst!

I have a few to join in with. Mine aren't all diamond, but have diamond in them (mostly). Hope that's ok.

On my ring finger is my promise ring from my bf who got it for me because I smooshed the band on the other one (we know better now than to shop at the mall). English ring from first half of the 1800's in rose cut diamond and sugarloaf sapphire, so around 200 years old, give or take a few years. The sapphire is most likely not original. When we found it we were both intrigued by it (and it exactly matched the shirt he was wearing that day).

Then my opal and white stone ring, age unknown. A gift from my father, who used to deal in vintage/estate jewelry.

Diamond and enamel cocktail ring I bought about 20 years ago, maybe from the 50's? The diamond is maybe 15-18pts. It doesn't quite fit any more but those tall prong are amazing!

Vintage (possibly Art Deco?) snake ring with rubies and pearl. (Another one that needs sizing nowadays...ho hum...)

Diamond and emerald pendant, also from my father.

antiques1.jpg

That snake is pretty cool! Guess that would be a natural pearl too then based on it's age. I am totally loving the multi stone opal ring ( must be fun to wear) and the victorian sapphire ring. Lovely!

CharmedOne

Brilliant_Rock
They all are so pretty. Junebug that setting is amazing. I am new here and have an iPad and I haven't figured out how to post pictures to this forum from it. So I just love to look at all the beautiful pieces. Thanks for sharing.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
CharmedOne, thank you! I'm glad you like the setting! - it's in nice shape I think, considering it's age.

There was a thread recently where several people mentioned having trouble posting pics from Ipads, so it's not just you! I'm thinking it might not be possible right now, judging from the comments in that thread.

Mikla

Shiny_Rock
Premium

jacy

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread! Everyone has such beautiful vintage rings. Here are my two antique rings, which are very dear to me and are from my grandmother, circa 1920's.

Black onyx and diamond ring in white gold
viring1927.jpg
Diamond and sapphire ring, white gold filigree
viring1926.jpg

Attachments

• viring1926.jpg
    viring1926.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
This is a nice forum. Thanks to everyone for sharing their beautiful pieces. I finally figured out how to use macro on my camera. Here's my e ring.

anne_s_e_ring_on_finger.jpg

It has a center diamond abut .94 ct Unfortunately I noticed that I chipped the girdle in a couple places :oops:

There are about 5 smaller stones on each side and the tapered effect is very nice on my hand. The emeralds give it a nice touch of color.

jacy

Shiny_Rock
Wordie, that's a beautiful diamond and setting! You should try to post a profile view of your ring so we can see more of the emerald side stones. BTW, the chipped girdle is something you could get fixed.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Jacy, thank you. It has given me years of enjoyment. Do you know if they have to remove the stone to fix the girdle? Here's a side view.

annes_ering_side.jpg

It's a size 6.5 and this pic was taken on a white background inside with ambient sunlight, no flash.

jacy

Shiny_Rock
My guess is that they would have to remove the stone, but I'm not knowledgeable on all of this. I know I have read posts where people have had chips polished out and repaired. I would imagine it depends on the severity of the chip. Do a search on this site for chipped girdles and see what you can find. Here are a couple that discuss the topic:

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chip-in-a-diamond.11599/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chip-in-a-diamond.11599/..[/URL].

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chipped-girdle.163540/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/chipped-girdle.163540/[/URL]

Or you could start a new thread and ask for sound advice. Good luck.

wordie89

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks Jacy, those were very interesting threads. :read:

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is so beautiful wordie!!! :love:

blackngold666

Rough_Rock
Just thought I would post a picture of one of my rings that I have collected.
Hallmarked: Plat. Peacock Sapphire (7mm) with Diamond Accents
around 1930s with inscription. I love collecting and occasionally wearing
them. How rare is this color? In person it displays deep greenish-blue.
I hope that you Enjoy!

_291.jpg

blackngold666

Rough_Rock
Just thought I would post a picture of one of my rings that I have collected.
Hallmarked: Plat. Peacock Sapphire (7mm) with Diamond Accents
around 1930s with inscription. I love collecting and occasionally wearing
them. How rare is this color? In person it displays deep greenish-blue.
I hope that you Enjoy!

_293.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
innerkitten- thank you for the compliments!

jacy- that diamond and onyx ring is very cool!

It's been awhile since I've been in this thread. Glorious new additions! So pretty! Wordie- I love that ring. If I could do a bigger version of my little antique sidekick e-ring (my low key back up) that's probably similar to what I'd want.

I do have a couple more tiny antique sparklers to add in. A pair of OEC earrings (the stones are old and I had them set in old fashioned buttercups) and an old lavalier pendant I got for my birthday. The earring are .41ct total weight, and my guess is the pendant it something like 8 or so points, maybe 10 at a stretch.

buttercups1.jpg

basil1.jpg

And just for kicks- here's my alternate e-ring. It was an old 50's setting I got way back in college and never did anything with. When I got engaged, we both were a little bummed that the old style stone we were looking at wasn't going to work out with my e-ring setting. So we used the old setting and the guy I work with here on antique items found a cute little OEC stone in his stash, enlarged the hole on the setting (a lot...the setting originally had a 3mm opening) while managing to save a goodly chunk of the petals on the floral illusion part I liked so much and bead set it in there. :) Et voila! A cute little sidekick e-ring for those low key moments.

sidekickb.jpg

MrsMeliss

Rough_Rock
All your rings are so beautiful, I love antique jewelry!!!

Here is my yellow gold antique reproduction engagement ring and plain wedding band:

nouveaurepro.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful MrsMeliss! I saw that over in the other thread as well- so pretty!

altadea

Rough_Rock
I may have an addiction....sorry there are so many, but I finally got a camera that takes decent shots of my collection :)

cc75f985-5c53-455f-ad95-8c923adecb47.jpg

d3025a78-51ec-4389-b397-087e6cbd0791.jpg

b117d7f2-cd56-4f25-8ebd-4e7490409fa1.jpg

oecsapphire.jpg

altadea

Rough_Rock
@ wordie89

Wow....I love your ring...deco is my favorite style. I have a similar head on my OEC with sapphires. Don't you love the way it shows off the whole diamond?

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Love that last one in the AMcor setting. Where did you find the setting if I may ask?

altadea

Rough_Rock
Thanks....I found it on diamond bistro <3....I have seen a number of different renditions of it with pink sapphires, diamonds, etc for the side stones. You could prob email Amcor if you want one :)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I haven't been in this section forever but decided to pop in with this picture taken a few hours ago.

transitional.jpg

Luellaq06

Rough_Rock
Hi :wavey:

I'm new here and this is my first post. I'm not sure if this fits the criteria but my ring is an heirloom so I'd thought I'd share. The original diamond fell out so it has been fitted with a RBC.

This set is from the 1950's. The engagement ring is platinum and the wedding band is white gold.
img_20120617_182920_0.jpg img_20120617_182856.jpg

Mix74

Rough_Rock
Hey...I have a ring similiar to yours. It's platinum, w/16 diamonds. It was my Great Aunts. She got it about 1905'ish, so probably made around that time. Was wondering if you ever got your's appraised. I'm anxious to see what mine's worth.
**(Sorry, my post is directed to Pregcurious 9/5/11 post...I'm new at forums)**

heliotrope

Shiny_Rock
some stunning rings here

I too have a couple to add to this thread...

the three stone I have posted about some time ago - but I have not posted pics of the little hexagonal one

after looking more closely - I have only just realised that the single stone ring has a mini OMC - whereas the three stone has no culets and so must be later or a repro (in fact I am keen to know when these two tone rings were produced)

also the three stone has a definite rose gold hue - where as the hexagonal one is so close in colour to my JM ring that is made with green gold

both are stamped as 14K

I am very interested in the construction of these rings - as it seems to me as the top plate or illusion setting was simply tacked onto the base

there are many rings in the style of the hexagonal one about on ebay, ruby lane, etsy and the like - but I am yet to see any with such lovely side piercing that has not worn away - so this one was a good find!!

anti1.jpg

anti2.jpg

anti3.jpg

anti4.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results