shape
carat
color
clarity

My new art deco ring!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
DH and I will be celebrating our 10th anniversary this summer. It was decided long ago that for our 10th anni I would get a RHR. At one time I thought I wanted a 1 ct princess diamond to replace what I was married in (a .25 pear with a wrap) Well, my upgrade came at 8 years instead and is a lovely .77 cushion with a pave setting. But, my wonderful DH still thought I should have a ring to signify our milestone.
30.gif

I have fallen in love with old cuts (and settings) for the past couple of years so I knew what I wanted. We began our search online where I fell in love with a ring immediately. Unfortunately, (but fortunate for her...) a PS member''s sister snagged the ring! I knew I''d be more comfortable seeing a ring rather than buying online so I took that as a sign.

We began looking at pawn shops (in some scary places!) on a wild goose chase. Thanks to another PSer, I eventually walked into our local B&M.

As soon as I walked in, I saw a case marked "estate". Of course, I bee-lined and immediately fell head over heels for 2 rings. I thought that I wanted more of a solitaire with sidestones look and was quite taken with a lovely little OEC with a high crown. At the same time, I found a 10 stone (OECs) art deco ring that infatuated me. The owner of the store is quite knowledgeable (even by PS standards!!) and has a great reputation. He gave me all of the info and a crash course in OECs (under the loupe). The pondering began and I was so smitten, let''s face it, it was all I could think about. I even created a poll with no pics!! But, I soon realized I was thinking of one a whole lot more than the other. I went in with a little trade in and got a great deal! I had to have a new shank put on due to my ring size, but otherwise, it''s all original.

Alas, here is my new ring!!

Original art deco ring setting and stones
14k wg with lovely filigree
.75ct tw OECs
There are 3 stone sizes, the largest are approx .17 each
All stones are very white (F, G) and eye clean
The culets are open and visible in certain lights.
Ring size is 9.75

I must apologize for the quality of photos. My camera died and I had to use MIL''s which doesn''t have macro. I can''t get much detail or any fire with it.

First, a hand shot. Shown on left hand because let''s face it, it''s hard to take a pic with a non-dominant hand!

.75decoss4.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
With my .77 cushion (G, VS2) to show color

.75decoss2.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
A size shot

.75decoss1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
The requisite flower shot. My lillies are looking lovely.

.75decoss3.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
That''s all I have until I can get my hands on a decent camera. Then, I''ll post in SMTR!

btw-did you get the significance of the ten stones for the tenth anni?!? So clever!
2.gif

Adah

Shiny_Rock
Stunning! Mazel tov!

I love the 10 stone/10th anniversary!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
a bit better photos...

a bit of fire...finally!

.75decoss6.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
a culet shot

.75decoculetss1.jpg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
finally, my favorite. This is how the ring normally looks, all on fire. There''s lots of white flashes and then giant shots of color like the yellow at the top.

.75decoss8.jpg

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is beautiful...wear it in good health!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
Lovely - so unique, and so much personality
30.gif

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Fabu!

cheers--Sharon

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Great ring, SS. I do love the significance of the 10 stones/10th anniversary, that''s awesome! Really great story of how you found your new sparkly as well!

pavelover

Brilliant_Rock
Congrats!!!! What a beautiful ring and a great 10 yrs!!

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
Congratulations on your anniversary and your beautiful new treasure!

Honey228

Shiny_Rock
I love this style of ring! It sparkles beautifully. Congratulations on your anniversary and your ring.

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
oooh, hand shots. I just saw your ring over in SMTR and was prompted to check out this "Timeless Classics" forum for the first time!

I love your ring. Fun find.

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Thank you , all! I do love it, I''ve never seen anything quite like it. And, it sure shows up like a lot more than .75 ct! I secretly love it when people grab my hand to ogle it!

Thanks also for the well wishes for our anniversary! Sometimes it feels like much much more than 10 yrs! Maybe I should''ve gotten a bigger ring....
1.gif

MC~ Glad you found this forum, isn''t it fantastic?!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I didn''t even know this section existed! Pretty ring. Happy (early) anniversary!

Kelli

Ideal_Rock
Congrats! You''ve got really beautiful rings!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just found this section. I love your new ring shiny!! Happy 10th anniversary.
36.gif

princessplease

Ideal_Rock
So cool!!!!!! I love it!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, what a gorgeous ring! It goes beautifully with your wedding set! Happy 10th!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results