shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your OECs...

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This was my beauty...purchased from David Klass 8 years ago with these specs: 1.69cts oec I-J color VS2 clarity 7.4mm diameter. The setting took me a year to decide on exact proportions and diamond melee size/angles etc. This was my dream ring and I love it but it has a lovely new owner now and I am on the hunt for my upgrade!!! :)
20190327_150207.jpg
20190327_150224.jpg
oec pic facet pattern but with smudges.jpg
20190327_150857.jpg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This was my beauty...purchased from David Klass 8 years ago with these specs: 1.69cts oec I-J color VS2 clarity 7.4mm diameter. The setting took me a year to decide on exact proportions and diamond melee size/angles etc. This was my dream ring and I love it but it has a lovely new owner now and I am on the hunt for my upgrade!!! :)
20190327_150207.jpg
20190327_150224.jpg
oec pic facet pattern but with smudges.jpg
20190327_150857.jpg
Stunning.:love: I cannot wait to see your upgrade. I know it will be amazbling.:appl:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning.:love: I cannot wait to see your upgrade. I know it will be amazbling.:appl:
Thanks Missy! I'm super excited bc most of my funds have just come in , & I will know my exact budget within the next few days.... which means I can start hunting! I am actually thinking about other shapes, not just oecs...maybe an antique emerald cut/Elongated asscher. I have seen a few beautiful ones for sale recently :)

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Missy! I'm super excited bc most of my funds have just come in , & I will know my exact within the next few days.... which means I canl start hunting! I am actually thinking about other shapes, not just oecs...maybe an antique emerald cut/Elongated asscher. I have seen a few beautiful ones for sale recently :)
There are so many yummy ones to choose from...if I could have one of every shape (old cut of course) I would choose cushion, emerald, pear and oval in addition to the OEC. What can I say? They are all so delicious.:love:
Looking forward to seeing your HG stone.:appl:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
There are so many yummy ones to choose from...if I could have one of every shape (old cut of course) I would choose cushion, emerald, pear and oval in addition to the OEC. What can I say? They are all so delicious.:love:
Looking forward to seeing your HG stone.:appl:
I am with you! If I could have one of each antique shape, I would not be complaining hahahah. They really are so delicious and each has their own beauty-- For the record, every time I see pics of your ring my head says: " You need to find an oec like this one!!!" lol

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am with you! If I could have one of each antique shape, I would not be complaining hahahah. They really are so delicious and each has their own beauty-- For the record, every time I see pics of your ring my head says: " You need to find an oec like this one!!!" lol
@goldenfire thank you, that is the nicest bling compliment anyone could give. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would be honored to go shopping with you and help you find "the one". You know we have some good old cut options here in NYC. Just saying...:sun:

goldenfire

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@goldenfire thank you, that is the nicest bling compliment anyone could give. If you are ever in my neck of the woods I would be honored to go shopping with you and help you find "the one". You know we have some good old cut options here in NYC. Just saying...:sun:
I so wish I could go shopping with you in NYC that would be so fun!!! Alas I am in SoCal lol. I think you have a lot of old cut dealers out there...Adam from OWD is out there right? Which others do you have?

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so wish I could go shopping with you in NYC that would be so fun!!! Alas I am in SoCal lol. I think you have a lot of old cut dealers out there...Adam from OWD is out there right? Which others do you have?
Adam has the largest Old Cut diamond inventory I believe.
There are other dealers here though that have old cuts (albeit much less to choose from) in their inventory . Israel Rose jewelry comes to mind and sometimes Parks fine groups has old cuts. There are others but right now my mind is a blank.

Invitation stands. Anytime.

jfo

Brilliant_Rock
Adding my new acquisition because I have admired everyone’s OEC’s for ages now. 1.52 J SI1 in a custom platinum setting with 14 single stones by a local Chicago benchman. I have a thread in Rockytalk with more photos and a bit about the process because I have never tried to have a custom setting made before!

3AA03EDF-E7F6-424C-AEF1-72990F505147.jpeg D67C161B-C697-4799-AC24-6514F1D00E4A.jpeg 4760BC1E-83D3-433A-8B4C-E253FB7A46C5.jpeg 179577DC-23C4-4157-B802-664B9472CFA1.jpeg

Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    The Original: Princess Raiyah Of Jordan
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Celebratory Engagement Ring Upgrade And Bracelet
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring
    Chiguys's Cushion Cut Engagement Ring

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.