shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your Leen Heyne rings

fel

Shiny_Rock
I have a Leen Heyne ring in the mailed now, and thought it was time to have a thread on this amazing designer.

Preview pictures here
leen-ring1.jpg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
Oh how wonderful! Did you buy it off Instagram? It looks gorgeous

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I am so looking forward to your photos when you have it in hand! It looks stunning! Thanks for starting the thread! <3

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Wow! I’m not usually a modern style girl, but that is something special! Can’t wait for more photos!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
He's one of my favorite jewelers, such an artist. Definitely someone I dream of owning a piece from, so I cant wait to see pics of what PSers have from him!

These are my favorite pieces of his (for some eye candy):

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
He's one of my favorite jewelers, such an artist. Definitely someone I dream of owning a piece from, so I cant wait to see pics of what PSers have from him!

These are 2 of my faves from him too..drool!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
These are really beautiful. Thanks for starting this thread!

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG love this and his stuff, saw it on Instagram and now hooked. It's straight up technical/engineering magic :kiss2: Please come back and show us hand shots once it arrives.

I'd also love to know if he accepts any kind of stone, do they need to be over a certain size? Was it hugely expensive to do?

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
OMG love this and his stuff, saw it on Instagram and now hooked. It's straight up technical/engineering magic :kiss2: Please come back and show us hand shots once it arrives.

I'd also love to know if he accepts any kind of stone, do they need to be over a certain size? Was it hugely expensive to do?

Oh I’d love to know this also!

fel

Shiny_Rock

He is very particular about the stones he sets -- typically he likes to select his own. In this case I think he wanted to try an AVC.

In price I would say he is comparable to other quotes I got for entirely hand-forged rings. That said -- for me it was a quite a stretch and a once in a lifetime sort of thing.

Also I gave him complete license for how to go about setting this diamond. My view is that it is an artistic endeavor and would not want to micromanage an artist.

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
I wish. I WISH!!! Maybe one day I'll be so lucky. I love his work and am shameless in my fangirling. :love:
Please take all the pictures, this ring is a rare bird indeed.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wish. I WISH!!! Maybe one day I'll be so lucky. I love his work and am shameless in my fangirling. :love:
Please take all the pictures, this ring is a rare bird indeed.

Me too! This ring will the the jewel of the YEAR!!!! Tis the season to be JEALI!!!! :saint:

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
I tried to convince the BF that this ring would be a perfect ER for me but he didn't believe me. He didn't think it would stand the test of time. On the contrary, it would be a unique piece of art that would FOREVER captivate anyone in it's presence *swoooooon*

I became obsessed with brown and warm tinted diamonds after seeing how he used them in his pieces.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I tried to convince the BF that this ring would be a perfect ER for me but he didn't believe me. He didn't think it would stand the test of time. On the contrary, it would be a unique piece of art that would FOREVER captivate anyone in it's presence *swoooooon*

I became obsessed with brown and warm tinted diamonds after seeing how he used them in his pieces.

I think it would make a PERFECT engagement ring!

fel

Shiny_Rock

Well if it is any help you can tell your BF/hubby I concur it would an amazing ER ring. Or, I got a brown diamond and emerald right hand ring for my 10th anniversary (If you want to wait a bit.)

This Leen Heyne is a replacement for my original ER, which I just adored at first (artist designed one of a kind), but now I don't care for the diamond (MRB, average to poor cut, half carat.)

Editing to say the lesson here is if you get a special designed ring, make sure you love the diamond.

emmy12

Brilliant_Rock
Well if it is any help you can tell your BF/hubby I concur it would an amazing ER ring. Or, I got a brown diamond and emerald right hand ring for my 10th anniversary (If you want to wait a bit.)

This Leen Heyne is a replacement for my original ER, which I just adored at first (artist designed one of a kind), but now I don't care for the diamond (MRB, average to poor cut, half carat.)

Editing to say the lesson here is if you get a special designed ring, make sure you love the diamond.

I agree! A special stone deserves an equally special setting. I'll start saving my pennies to add a Leen Heyne diamond ring one day.

An AVC+Leen Heyne replacement is a pretty good upgrade IMHO ;-)

kah42

Shiny_Rock
I can't wait to see more pictures! I love his work and would love to see it in person. How was he to work with?

fel

Shiny_Rock
He is amazing to work with - very kind and modest --- just an all around lovely guy from what I can tell at a distance.

You can see all the angles I am showing while wearing the ring.
Leen-heyne-under.jpg

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my lordddddd it's like glorious liquid metal from all angles. Seriously incredible!

kah42

Shiny_Rock
Leen-heyne-inside.jpg

Under my stove lights which are the closest I have to spot lights in my house.

That is perfection. I absolutely love it! Is it comfortable?

fel

Shiny_Rock
That is perfection. I absolutely love it! Is it comfortable?

Yes it is not very high (which is ideal because I can't tolerate high rings.) This is the wind ring and it sort of curves around the finger. Sizing is a bit of challenge with these and I may need to have it tweaked -- I will evaluate. It does not seem to spin at all, and naturally orients to the correct direction. Really the design is utter brilliance.

Just once again I would suggest anyone going to him to give him full artistic license. I don't think it would work out to micromanage, but that is just my impression -- I didn't try to do so. I consider it similar to if you commissioned a portrait from Da Vinci, you wouldn't want to tell him what to do.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I admit to stalking this thread and SMTB for this ring. That stone is gorgeous, also love the texture on the ring itself :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results