shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Yvonne Raley and Cecile Raley Designs!

CSpan

Brilliant_Rock
Couldn't resist (because I have zero chill about benitoites)
this trio of cushion cut benes. Yvonne suggested a layout based on another necklace but mentioned the angle which I thought meant rotating the stones. I was blown away by what she did. I love it. The setting gives it a center focus point and I must say these are the sparkliest Benitoites I own, which is saying a lot.
20220603_134705.jpg

So much sparkle.
20220605_232134.jpg

Couldn't resist (because I have zero chill about benitoites)
this trio of cushion cut benes. Yvonne suggested a layout based on another necklace but mentioned the angle which I thought meant rotating the stones. I was blown away by what she did. I love it. The setting gives it a center focus point and I must say these are the sparkliest Benitoites I own, which is saying a lot.
20220603_134705.jpg

So much sparkle.
20220605_232134.jpg

I saw this in her Etsy shop or on her blog or somewhere, and admired it then! Very nice... congrats!!

@Atwater I wanted to ask you a question... I initially fell in love with the look of tsavorite and spinel together when, many years ago, I first spotted @T L's gorgeous 3-stone ring. In fact, that was the first ring I truly admired here on PS. Having seen yours recently, in all of its glowing glory, has renewed my desire to have something similar. But I didn't want to copy either too closely, and I also want to incorporate some diamonds. It just so happens I have a new tsav to play with. I went ahead and ordered some 2mm princess spinels from Yvonne. I thought it might be a nice change from round melee, but they're trickier to design and work with, of course. Yvonne characterized them as "neon jedi" in color. I'm rather particular about what I refer to as either of those terms, so we'll see. But provided they're vivid enough, I intend to use them. The tsav is very, very vivid, so they'll need to hold their own. Anyway! Here's what I had in mind... what do you think? I welcome everyone's opinions as well!!

The squares I'm using for the spinels in this composite aren't particularly symmetrical, so please excuse that. I expect the actual melee to be well-proportioned. The tsav pictured is my actual stone (8mm), and I would be going with 18kyg.
Capture78614851290.JPG
Here is a photo of the actual spinels... I haven't received them yet.

Capture76t78y.JPG

crystalinmke

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My simple pink sapphire earrings in rose gold. It is very difficult to photograph gems.
CA7C1532-8A07-4BCE-9082-35C810B88D82.jpeg

Oh these are PERFECT! Yvonne is currently making me a similar set in rose gold but with green garnets. Seeing your earrings makes me even more excited. Wear in good health!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
@Atwater I wanted to ask you a question... I initially fell in love with the look of tsavorite and spinel together when, many years ago, I first spotted @T L's gorgeous 3-stone ring. In fact, that was the first ring I truly admired here on PS. Having seen yours recently, in all of its glowing glory, has renewed my desire to have something similar. But I didn't want to copy either too closely, and I also want to incorporate some diamonds. It just so happens I have a new tsav to play with. I went ahead and ordered some 2mm princess spinels from Yvonne. I thought it might be a nice change from round melee, but they're trickier to design and work with, of course. Yvonne characterized them as "neon jedi" in color. I'm rather particular about what I refer to as either of those terms, so we'll see. But provided they're vivid enough, I intend to use them. The tsav is very, very vivid, so they'll need to hold their own. Anyway! Here's what I had in mind... what do you think? I welcome everyone's opinions as well!!

The squares I'm using for the spinels in this composite aren't particularly symmetrical, so please excuse that. I expect the actual melee to be well-proportioned. The tsav pictured is my actual stone (8mm), and I would be going with 18kyg.
Capture78614851290.JPG
Here is a photo of the actual spinels... I haven't received them yet.

Capture76t78y.JPG
I think this would be beautiful! Your tsavorite is gorgeous (I hope I could find one like that)! Your design makes it the star and adorn it with hot pink spinel melees, which is a great idea. Cannot wait to see the pictures with them together.

I think this would be beautiful! Your tsavorite is gorgeous (I hope I could find one like that)! Your design makes it the star and adorn it with hot pink spinel melees, which is a great idea. Cannot wait to see the pictures with them together.

Yay! I'm glad it has your stamp of approval, my friend!!
1074.gif
I was going to buy a pair of spinel cushions to flank the tsav in a 3-stone design, but I just felt it was too close to yours and T L's. So this is an homage, but not an outright duplicate. I actually received the spinel today, and they're nice and vibrant. Really looking forward to this project now!

I keep coming back to gaze at your ring... it's so dreamy!! Thanks for the inspo!
love1.gif

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
Yay! I'm glad it has your stamp of approval, my friend!!
1074.gif
I was going to buy a pair of spinel cushions to flank the tsav in a 3-stone design, but I just felt it was too close to yours and T L's. So this is an homage, but not an outright duplicate. I actually received the spinel today, and they're nice and vibrant. Really looking forward to this project now!

I keep coming back to gaze at your ring... it's so dreamy!! Thanks for the inspo!
love1.gif
Great to hear the spinel melees work for the project. It will be a fantastic ring; please share the progress of the project in future.

I just shared more picture of my ring in its thread. Enjoy!

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I feel lucky to have two Cecilia rings from Cecile Raley Designs. One is emerald center, hauynes, paribas, and emeralds, and the other is paraiba cab center, lavender sapphires, pink spinels, demantoid garnets, paraiba trillions. PXL_20210902_235541708.jpg
Can someone tell me what's the name for this type of trays or where to get them? It seems quite convenient to see the layout effects this way.

Can someone tell me what's the name for this type of trays or where to get them? It seems quite convenient to see the layout effects this way.

I'm sure someone will be along to link you to those exact boxes, but here are the ones I prefer for multi gems. They have a little stand that flips out in the back too.

Atwater

Brilliant_Rock
I'm sure someone will be along to link you to those exact boxes, but here are the ones I prefer for multi gems. They have a little stand that flips out in the back too.

Thanks! I actually found them; they are called suspension or floating display cases. Amazon has lots of choices as well.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest project (which Yvonne calls the "Snowflake" ring) has arrived and I am thrilled!! What started as a simple project focusing more on the stone/color combination for an inexpensive star sapphire, Yvonne said she had a design in mind she wanted to try. Then I tweaked to make it more layered and with your input, changed the gallery. (Her rings tend to sit low due to her Art Deco influence whereas I like height for my large fingers).

Once approved, I admittedly started to worry that I went to far with the tiers but the ring ends up looking like a piece of art on the finger...something hard to show in pictures.

Second guessing the whole thing, I became concerned about how it would look with all cabs was for naught - with the fine milgrain around the stones, at first glance they could be mistaken for faceted stones. (On a side note, love the versatility of the moonstone cabs..my 3rd piece using them and another one in the works. Unfortunately, Yvonne said her supplier said the cost has gone up due to labor so that will be it for now).

Anyway, I am thrilled and it came out beyond anything I envisioned from the start. Yvonne loves it enough that she said she plans on adapting it for a smaller center stone as well.

On to pictures: 20220629_192721.jpg
20220630_120841.jpg 20220630_121054.jpg
20220630_121205.jpg 20220630_123603.jpg 20220630_123753.jpg 20220630_123844.jpg

You set them! I ogled them in their gem box. But, wow, does this design do them justice!! I LOVE the multi-tiered look. It is not at all overdone. And the colors! :kiss2: Also, I love how everyone's been matching their nails to their new pieces lately (sometimes by accident!). We should start a thread dedicated to that... "match your nails for the reveal photos!" :hand:

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You set them! I ogled them in their gem box. But, wow, does this design do them justice!! I LOVE the multi-tiered look. It is not at all overdone. And the colors! :kiss2: Also, I love how everyone's been matching their nails to their new pieces lately (sometimes by accident!). We should start a thread dedicated to that... "match your nails for the reveal photos!" :hand:

Thank you...but admittedly, I was hesitant to post hand shots because of my chipped/grown out polish :oops2:

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My latest project (which Yvonne calls the "Snowflake" ring) has arrived and I am thrilled!! What started as a simple project focusing more on the stone/color combination for an inexpensive star sapphire, Yvonne said she had a design in mind she wanted to try. Then I tweaked to make it more layered and with your input, changed the gallery. (Her rings tend to sit low due to her Art Deco influence whereas I like height for my large fingers).

Once approved, I admittedly started to worry that I went to far with the tiers but the ring ends up looking like a piece of art on the finger...something hard to show in pictures.

Second guessing the whole thing, I became concerned about how it would look with all cabs was for naught - with the fine milgrain around the stones, at first glance they could be mistaken for faceted stones. (On a side note, love the versatility of the moonstone cabs..my 3rd piece using them and another one in the works. Unfortunately, Yvonne said her supplier said the cost has gone up due to labor so that will be it for now).

Anyway, I am thrilled and it came out beyond anything I envisioned from the start. Yvonne loves it enough that she said she plans on adapting it for a smaller center stone as well.

Your ring is gorgeous!! Congrats!!

leslie1956

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
That ring is gorgeous, lilmosun! Wish I had the hand size and finger length to wear something that size :)

seito

Rough_Rock
Waited over a year to figure out what to do with the marquise paraiba. She did such a great job. I'm also in love with this small lily ring with demantoids and sapphires
1664850228656548.jpg

Attachments

• 20221020_140906.jpg
    20221020_140906.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 29
@seito The paraiba bracelet is delicate, feminine, and understated, yet eye catching. Beautiful! Also loving the lily ring. What is the center stone?

voce

Ideal_Rock
I got this beautiful ring from CRD. I love how saturated and regal the colors are, and the milgrain and engraving details are really well done.
PXL_20221117_162456056~2.jpg PXL_20221117_162443821.jpg

I never tire of these floral designs, @voce! What a pop of color!! So you have paraiba there, obviously, and also yellow diamonds? Beautiful. :)

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock
I got this beautiful ring from CRD. I love how saturated and regal the colors are, and the milgrain and engraving details are really well done.

I love that one!!! Gorgeous!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I had that one on my favorites list. Congrats! I love the bright pop of color and the floral vibes. In fact, I actually have a yellow diamond & paraiba ring on my project list. This beauty looks great on you and I wouldn’t be sad if you decided to share more pics. :kiss2:

voce

Ideal_Rock
I had that one on my favorites list. Congrats! I love the bright pop of color and the floral vibes. In fact, I actually have a yellow diamond & paraiba ring on my project list. This beauty looks great on you and I wouldn’t be sad if you decided to share more pics. :kiss2:
I've already put away the jewels as I am traveling for the upcoming holidays. I'm sure I'll be wearing it more next year.

lilmosun

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am fascinated by and love collecting different colored stones. The purpose for most of my rings is so I can look at them throughout the day (as opposed to the need for more jewelry).

One thing missing was ring showcasing benitoites. I need finger coverage and a decent size benitoite is out of my budget, So I asked Yvonne to design a ring with benitoite melee worked in so they were clearly part of the design...not overshadowed by the center stone. It turned out perfectly imo - love the combination and sparkle.

Resized_20221117_131945(1).jpg 20221201_121830.jpg 20221201_082752.jpg 20221130_211357.jpg

Last edited:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Does this ring have its own thread? I am in love!!!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am fascinated by and love collecting different colored stones. The purpose for most of my rings is so I can look at them throughout the day (as opposed to the need for more jewelry).

One thing missing was ring showcasing benitoites. I need finger coverage and a decent size benitoite is out of my budget, So I asked Yvonne to design a ring with benitoite melee worked in so they were clearly part of the design...not overshadowed by the center stone. It turned out perfectly imo - love the combination and sparkle.

Resized_20221117_131945(1).jpg 20221201_121830.jpg 20221201_082752.jpg 20221130_211357.jpg

I love it! The color combo is gorgeous and I love the floral motif. :love:

GemmaBella

Shiny_Rock

That is beautiful! I love the colors! Benitoite is one of my favorites, it is so sparkly.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results