shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Vatche U-113 and wedding rings

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found several photos of the Vatche U-113 (e.g. Diamondseeker's) which I plan to order from Wink for my CBI diamond.

But what other rings/bands to you ladies wear with it?
It looks like from the pictures that there is a slight "donut" at the base?

Would love to see pictures of your sets.
Thank you in advance.

HappyNewLife

Ideal_Rock
Premium
this is not a U113, but a Tiffany 6-prong *cough knock-off cough* replica. This is how the Tiffany 9-stone .27ctw ring looks with it. I think it would look similar with the U-113.

close.jpg
profile_4.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my u113 with a seven stone shared prong band from WF. I wear a 1mm spacer between them.

imageuploadedbytapatalk1412280413.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1412280459.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Not a Vatche, but it's a Tiffany so pretty much the exact same thing.

With a knife edge band:
-1_zpsa5a81d8f.jpg

and with a .75 carat Tiffany eternity:
-2_zps72f167a5.jpg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What size diamond are you buying?

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412302151|3761018 said:
What size diamond are you buying?

This is a "Custom" cut-to-order CBI diamond where Paul Slegers has guaranteed at least 2.30 ct F-SI1.

[URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ordered-a-custom-crafted-by-infinity-diamond.206471/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ordered-a-custom-crafted-by-infinity-diamond.206471/[/URL]

I'm exploring what (if any) other rings I can wear with it.

From the pictures it looks like a slight protrusion at the base of the mounting (e.g. donut)?

My current pear e-ring has a peg-head where I can wear other rings flush which is why I'm asking for photos of ladies Vatche U-113 sets.

Thank you.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
Yup, it's a slight donut. Not a major gap, but there is one. I absolutely adore the profile and the visual weight the donut lends.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1412303104|3761029 said:
Yup, it's a slight donut. Not a major gap, but there is one. I absolutely adore the profile and the visual weight the donut lends.

I have a Stuller 14K-X1 1 mm spacer available. Do you find that your w-ring rubs against the donut?
Does it show any wear marks?

I am currently wearing a Tiffany Fancy Yellow as a RHR but am deathly afraid of wearing anything with it
because it has a very delicate basket setting (which is a pain to clean by the way).

Diamondseeker has told me that with the Vatche U-113 that the diamond IS set high enough so that one may clean
the pavilion with a toothbrush and liquid detergent? That's what I do currently with my pear and I don't even have to
take the ring off to do it (very convenient).

Thank you for your posts everyone. I'm the type of person who likes to research everything to death and am
probably driving Wink crazy in the process.

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
I think you'll be happy. My original ering was eaten by the wedding band, so I am pretty sensitive to that. I haven't had these rings long enough to say definitively, but I will tall you that none of the bands I've paired with it ever comes close to the prongs. I really don't see wear on the donut either, but 20 years down the road...who knows?

The band/donut are quite sturdy and very solid which I think helps a lot.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your diamond sounds wonderful! Just FYI, I am possibly going to replace my Vatche setting in the near future if pre-loved is a possibility for you.

I will tell you that I prefer the little doughnut, because my Vatche ring stays almost perfect looking since the wedding band only touches the doughnut. I wear the Tiffany Legacy band, though, so there are no diamonds set up high that could scratch the e-ring.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
diamondseeker2006|1412307479|3761067 said:
Your diamond sounds wonderful! Just FYI, I am possibly going to replace my Vatche setting in the near future if pre-loved is a possibility for you.

I will tell you that I prefer the little doughnut, because my Vatche ring stays almost perfect looking since the wedding band only touches the doughnut. I wear the Tiffany Legacy band, though, so there are no diamonds set up high that could scratch the e-ring.

Do you have any pictures of your set?

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist|1412307936|3761071 said:

I want to see them too!

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the link. The profile views from the side are exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Diamondseeker for the original thread.

EllaT

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around pricescope for most of this year. This thread has me out of hiding now! My bf and I have decided thanks to you lovely ladies (ok and guys) on the vatche u113. We have sourced a 1.2 ACA from whiteflash and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in December.We live in the Caribbean and there is not much variety of eternity bands to make trying on an option. I literally am buying blind.

In the meantime I started looking at potential wedding bands online. I really like the .56 7 stone shared setting eternity band from Tiffany but I cannot justify the expense. I emailed Brian Gavin on the 3/4 dream eternity band using 7 pointers but have not received feedback I am a 4.5-4.75. Can anyone show pics of the vatche with an eternity band? I am not a fan of the 5 pointers - guess i like a little more rock size. Do ya'll think the whiteflash annette u-prong sits lower that the dream band from Brian Gavin. All advice and pictures are welcome!

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
CF-this is for you.

The larger one is my Vatche. The smaller is my Tiffany.

Tiffany settings aren't generally as heavy as mine. I've had others and only kept this one because it was so beefy. I would say that having seen and worn them both now, the Vatche is as close to Tiffany as you can possibly get.

-6_zps5a4f6b0d.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
EllaT|1412359280|3761468 said:
Hi Everyone,

I have been lurking around pricescope for most of this year. This thread has me out of hiding now! My bf and I have decided thanks to you lovely ladies (ok and guys) on the vatche u113. We have sourced a 1.2 ACA from whiteflash and I am anxiously awaiting its arrival in December.We live in the Caribbean and there is not much variety of eternity bands to make trying on an option. I literally am buying blind.

In the meantime I started looking at potential wedding bands online. I really like the .56 7 stone shared setting eternity band from Tiffany but I cannot justify the expense. I emailed Brian Gavin on the 3/4 dream eternity band using 7 pointers but have not received feedback I am a 4.5-4.75. Can anyone show pics of the vatche with an eternity band? I am not a fan of the 5 pointers - guess i like a little more rock size. Do ya'll think the whiteflash annette u-prong sits lower that the dream band from Brian Gavin. All advice and pictures are welcome!

My picture above disappeared. This is a Tiffany with a .75 carat channel set band. It is also from Tiffany, but if you don't mind pre-loved you can absolutely find them at a lesser cost.

-2_zps72f167a5.jpg

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1412366976|3761584 said:
CF-this is for you.

The larger one is my Vatche. The smaller is my Tiffany.

Tiffany settings aren't generally as heavy as mine. I've had others and only kept this one because it was so beefy. I would say that having seen and worn them both now, the Vatche is as close to Tiffany as you can possibly get.

mrs. taylor thank you for posting this side-by-side profile pic!

EllaT

Rough_Rock
Mrs Taylor they look like a good combination that won't damage either ring!

bling addict

Brilliant_Rock
cflutist|1412307936|3761071 said:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit... says in another thread that it is a 2.29 AVR

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mrs. Taylor,

Thank you for posting. I think that I'll probably be okay if I paired the Vatche with a spacer and one of my eternity channel set or shared prong bands.I just haven't decided yet whether I'm going to switch my pear and make it a RHR and wear the new CBI diamond as an e-ring or wear it as a RHR. I asked hubby and he doesn't care.

I wear a spacer currently with my pear ering because one of the shared prong bands (I have three of them) started eating into the prongs of my ering. But it looks like from Diamondseeker's pictures that there is enough clearance to wear a channel set band (I have several of them too) with it.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does anyone know if Vatche actually makes a band to go with the U-113 mounting? I guess I should go look.
If any of you have it, what are your thoughts on it?

EllaT

Rough_Rock
Cflutist only matching band that Vatche designed for the u113 that I am aware of is the matching knife edge band

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oops! Sorry I am just now seeing your request for my pictures! I thought you had already seen them and that is why I didn't post. Thanks to Mrs. Taylor for attaching my first ring with the setting! I upgraded to a 2.3 ct AVR in May a year ago and here are a couple of pictures.

For EllaT, the wedding band in the pictures is the Tiffany Legacy. (I also have some kind of blurry pictures with my 1.5 mrb with several Tiffany bands in this thread: [URL='https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-visit-to-tiffanys.171403/']https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/a-visit-to-tiffanys.171403/[/URL] )

img_5699.jpg

r_2013-06-22_5.jpg

mrs taylor

Brilliant_Rock
*sigh*

Your hands are so elegant. That is just the epitome of class in that picture.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
mrs taylor|1412437765|3761976 said:
*sigh*

Your hands are so elegant. That is just the epitome of class in that picture.

Agreed. Also looks like Vatche U113 goes well with an assortment of rings.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results