shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
OMG yes, I think we figured out that we really did *just* miss each other last year!!

Thank you so much Tonks! ❤️

I kind of feel like this bracelet is almost the opposite of Mothra in sentiment… Mothra is so totally OTT. Unwearable. This bracelet, though, especially with my hair tie sitch, I described it to a friend as “Claire’s from afar and VCA high jewellery up close” :bigsmile: So easy to wear!!

And it really is superbly well made, and the finish is pristine inside and out. It’s clear the artists who designed this paid attention to every minute detail, from flexibility to clasp aesthetic - it seriously took me about an hour to figure out how to open it because the tongue of the clasp is hidden under a diamond!

CDEE336A-E50B-41DC-BD62-D31071CCA5C2.jpeg

… So I think I’m legitimately done with arm decor. Like, what the heck else could I possibly want and actually wear? But I’ll refrain from alerting the husband to this realization for the moment. Not that he’d believe me anyway :lol:

Hahaha I’m halfway there! I have Claire’s from far away AND up close ;-)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie This is stunning. Like jaw dropping stunning. And I cannot think of a more worthy woman to wear it. Your eye for detail & design is beautiful. Your collection is beautiful. YOU are beautiful.

And as an aside, your jewellery photographs are The Best Ever. I always rub my greedy little mitts together when you get a new piece, because I know further down the page there will be some AMAZING pictures :kiss2:

Congratulations!
And Ally you are the sweetest!! :love:

So I splurged on the flowers for those few pics. Usually I get a $6.99 bunch. But they all looked overly dead - I can work with a little dead, these were gettin’ their mummifications on - so I upgraded to a $12.99 bouquet. I feel like this forum needs to know this. :lol:

I didn't count on the weather throwing toddler tantrums. It's been thunderstorms, hail, and general dismal grey malaise almost all day... With just enough sun to make everything steam up. Like, here's one of the pics I rejected. That rose is red. The jewelled florals are pink and purple. And they're blending ;(

G7_8.png

Oh! But here's another video from day before when it was delivered. Much better!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

rcjtraveler

Brilliant_Rock
OMG!!! Beyond words. Stunning piece and looks wonderful on you. Enjoy!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

OKOKO hair tie. HAIR TIE???:bigsmile: Clearly palpitations aren't my problem, it is visual (as in reading!)

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That amazing piece, like @RunningwithScissors said, it is almost like wearing a little bracelet of wild flowers on your wrist (except made of precious stones). I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am for you. I find myself wondering in the middle of the day how you’re feeling about the bracelet. Sitting on your couch, maybe you slowly rotate your wrist and watch it sparkle as the lights hit the pink and violet flowers. It must be such a thrill. I am biased of course but I think you picked the most appealing color way. Of course they are all gorgeous but the red and the green make me think of Christmas parties, the warm yellow tones aren’t nearly as happy making as your colors. Coming back every day to look at your pictures. Thanks for making my day.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That amazing piece, like @RunningwithScissors said, it is almost like wearing a little bracelet of wild flowers on your wrist (except made of precious stones). I can’t even begin to describe how excited I am for you. I find myself wondering in the middle of the day how you’re feeling about the bracelet. Sitting on your couch, maybe you slowly rotate your wrist and watch it sparkle as the lights hit the pink and violet flowers. It must be such a thrill. I am biased of course but I think you picked the most appealing color way. Of course they are all gorgeous but the red and the green make me think of Christmas parties, the warm yellow tones aren’t nearly as happy making as your colors. Coming back every day to look at your pictures. Thanks for making my day.
You’ve been there from the literal beginning LLJsmom. You made trying it on in Vegas possible!! You’ve been the other half of this whole dang shebang.

It’s so funny. For the past year I’ve felt like once I’ve got the folie and the carnelian rose de noel earrings I’ll be done with VCA. Not just that I’ve been telling myself that - I’ve really been believing it.

So… Of course I just submitted an SO for something different. I quite obviously am not “done” at all :lol: Which you knew. VCA is so clever. You, m-2-b, DS, and hathalove said it first. Y’all were so right.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’ve been there from the literal beginning LLJsmom. You made trying it on in Vegas possible!! You’ve been the other half of this whole dang shebang.

It’s so funny. For the past year I’ve felt like once I’ve got the folie and the carnelian rose de noel earrings I’ll be done with VCA. Not just that I’ve been telling myself that - I’ve really been believing it.

So… Of course I just submitted an SO for something different. I quite obviously am not “done” at all :lol: Which you knew. VCA is so clever. You, m-2-b, DS, and hathalove said it first. Y’all were so right.

It’s been so fun and such a privilege to see and experience this from the start. To me, this has been a real “journey” even though I was just watching it unfold. I never would have even thought about “trying” high jewelry if it weren’t for you. And wasn’t it a coincidence that they had the piece in LV? The only one in the whole country??? And it got sold almost immediately after you tried it. Also, now that it’s done, it totally makes sense why it took so long. VCA doesn’t treat its colored stones. Wuuuuuutttt??? But should I be surprised? Nah. No wonder it took them so long to find stones that would meet their standards. They’re kinda hoity-toity purists which results in these amazing one of a kind pieces. One thing that strikes me when I look at your pics and when I think back on the piece is that I kept thinking about colored water, like water that someone had put food dye in. Of course I’m sure VCA would have the highest clarity standards which explains why those stones were so clear…

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg this is SO YOU. Like quintessentially you. Whimsical but still cool, uber high quality, and gorgeous colors. So happy to see the reveal!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In case you change your mind about the GMOP Magics, I was in the Place Vendome store today and they had a MTO YG GMOP that was just turned down by the customer because they realised that they had meant to order it in WG rather than YG o_O

I was pretty tempted because I’ve been considering Magic earrings and GMOP would be a nice alternative to onyx, but decided to leave it as I wouldn’t wear it enough.

Just to say - stock is very low in Paris as well, but interestingly (and maybe relevant for @RosieR as I know you wanted these), I asked if I can place an order for hammered YG Magic earrings and they said they might be able to do it, but I would have to come back to Paris to pick them up. Given that we’re moving to Beijing next month, coming to Paris is going to be much harder so I decided to leave it for now!

D3434987-1F12-463B-9E0D-0C9E8108C0BE.jpeg

C1E4C843-CCE0-495C-8CD6-1B8207ADB544.jpeg

I also tried on a few other items for fun but ultimately nothing came home with me.

6A562DD0-AC5D-4E44-8143-342DD77A043F.jpeg
90BB68E6-AF1B-40A0-A1FA-70B609C03CE2.jpeg

1. Everything VCA looks stunning on you!

2. Is this circled piece all 1 necklace that you wrapped to be a bracelet?
20230423_130159.jpg

Because I LOVE that flower in GMOP, but ladybugs just arent "me", so I'm praying that the flower exists my itself

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
yssie, I have no words that haven't already been said. Dreamy, whimsical, fairylike—it brings to my mind this meadow.

wildflowers-in-newfoundland-elena-elisseeva.jpg

Your overall collection aesthetic is everything I aspire to. You own a veritable garden of jewels, and it's just :love::love::love:.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I may be wrong, but I don't think the plum blossom is made in GMOP in any format.

The plum blossom was normal MOP - I think it was just the lighting! I tried on the GMOP magic Alhambra earrings :)

Boom

Shiny_Rock
Congratulations Yssie!

This colorway in the FdP collection truly is the one that brings out the whimsy and evokes the spring garden the best. The lighter colored sapphires really glitter under the sun and look like diamonds!

Another special piece to add to your collection!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The plum blossom was normal MOP - I think it was just the lighting! I tried on the GMOP magic Alhambra earrings :)

Ooooo I'm a total idiot haha. I thought it was GMOP bc of the lighting (just looked again and now see its regular MOP).

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s been so fun and such a privilege to see and experience this from the start. To me, this has been a real “journey” even though I was just watching it unfold. I never would have even thought about “trying” high jewelry if it weren’t for you. And wasn’t it a coincidence that they had the piece in LV? The only one in the whole country??? And it got sold almost immediately after you tried it. Also, now that it’s done, it totally makes sense why it took so long. VCA doesn’t treat its colored stones. Wuuuuuutttt??? But should I be surprised? Nah. No wonder it took them so long to find stones that would meet their standards. They’re kinda hoity-toity purists which results in these amazing one of a kind pieces. One thing that strikes me when I look at your pics and when I think back on the piece is that I kept thinking about colored water, like water that someone had put food dye in. Of course I’m sure VCA would have the highest clarity standards which explains why those stones were so clear…
It's SO mind clean.

I was imagining having this made as a custom project. Where would one even start... Well there's the design of course. The way the undersides of the baskets curve, the joints that support this ever so slight articulation, the motif arrangement, the the diamond on the clasp. Did I mention the diamond on the clasp :love:

But, like, forget all of that, just finding this much matching melee!! I really can't imagine a smaller vendor being able to achieve this perfection of match. There's just NO way. That project would be my fifth circle of hell :eek-2:

Congratulations Yssie!

This colorway in the FdP collection truly is the one that brings out the whimsy and evokes the spring garden the best. The lighter colored sapphires really glitter under the sun and look like diamonds!

Another special piece to add to your collection!
I wish I could say everything I want to say!! But I'll restrain myself... Your collection is a thing of dreams - and I mean that literally, I have dreamt about your pieces. In the most admiring and non-stalker-ey way :bigsmile: I absolutely *love* that we have so many pieces in common!! And I really appreciate the way you approach collecting in general, just one or two exemplars of the stones and styles you're most interested in. I can only imagine the totality of your jewellery box Boom :love:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
yssie, I have no words that haven't already been said. Dreamy, whimsical, fairylike—it brings to my mind this meadow.

wildflowers-in-newfoundland-elena-elisseeva.jpg

Your overall collection aesthetic is everything I aspire to. You own a veritable garden of jewels, and it's just :love::love::love:.
Garden of jewels. How lovely is that ::) I truly, honestly, genuinely adore and want my own collection, it's a wonderful place to be in blingland :love:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Okay. Just a couple more pics. I can't not. :bigsmile:

- - - - - - - - - -

A very sweet PS friend in bling sent me a coffee table book a couple of weeks ago :love: I'm about halfway through and am thoroughly enjoying it! It's called The Art of High Jewelry, and it's a 2012 Les Arts décoratifs collaboration publication. Here's one thing I've noticed about VCA's coffee table books, they often showcase the same collections - sometimes they even feature the same photos - but the text is always different, and they've always got such charming descriptions ::)

I've been trying to get my paws on one of the 2012 Musée des Arts décoratifs LE raspberry porcelain bracelets for a few years now - my search has extended into more and more questionable corners of the internet, no luck yet.

A2.png

I wish there was a Folie stud earring. I don't do dangly earrings, really. The retired Hawaii collection is the closest I've found, this colourway is rubellite and diamond in WG. Neither super my style nor a super match for the bracelet! So... I'm pairing it with plain ol' studs and plain ol' solitaire for now - can't ever go wrong with classics right? To be honest I haven't reached for these studs in years, pearls have been getting all my attention, but this bracelet is making me want to put the diamonds on again!!
1682309722210.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Current collection ❤️ minus onyx Vintage bracelet. I've got four things on my wishlist at the moment - I know for sure that I want the carnelian Rose de Noel earrings, and Vintage pave earrings in RG, and I'll get the Perlee d'Or bangle in RG whenever that's orderable again. And my SO request, which is just a remake of an older piece (and it doesn't involve turquoise or lapis!!) so odds are decent it'll be approved. Well that's what I'm hoping anyway :twisted2:

A3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Just another random pic. The flower was pretty. ::)

A1.png

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Just for fun -

With the camera (Canon G7X):
A30A1333-FFCA-45FE-BC17-EC601B1AB277.png

With my phone (iPhone XS - so, granted, really old):
74279300-E28B-4AE1-A91E-AB43CAB8637B.jpeg

I’m staring at these photos and I can’t even figure out exactly what the phone did. Reduced contrast in same areas and dialed contrast up in others. Jacked saturation on some colours way up, didn’t touch others. Somehow tone-balanced to eliminate all lighting directionality cues. Phone cams are so strange.

One thing the phone did show true to life is all the cat fur on my background boards :lol:

There are SO many hue, saturation & contrast differences it would take an essay to unpack it. Fascinating to see

The standouts are the wild differences between blues / violets / reds - the lapis lazuli?! Crazy town. The central flower being HOT fuschia on the iPhone? Woah. The iPhone seems to want to “grab” the color of rose gold - I suspect that it’s because it’s reading it as “flesh tones” - very interesting side by side

Christinak

Shiny_Rock
Didn’t mean to delete my post! Reposting the pics :lol:

Camera:
436299A0-4921-43A4-A96F-075062BBB0D5.png

Phone:
3F74E128-6AB2-4534-B0FA-6CDDC30E1452.jpeg

Unbelievable. Your collection is awe inspiring. And your new bracelet - just out of this world beautiful :kiss2:
I can’t imagine what it is like to be able to reach for any one of these pieces. Just amazing =)2

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The collection is simply #goals. Those MOP cosmos earrings are amazing, as is the lapis bracelet, and the GMOP bracelet, and, and, and. Oh yeah, its ALL AMAZING

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The collection is simply #goals. Those MOP cosmos earrings are amazing, as is the lapis bracelet, and the GMOP bracelet, and, and, and. Oh yeah, its ALL AMAZING

+ a billion

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Extra thank you dust to 737liz, Boom, Cerulean, CircularBrilliant, Crystal_Dreams, diamondseeker2006, elizat, ForteKitty, hathalove, lissyflo, LLJsmom, m-2-b, MakingTheGrade, Mary Queen of Scotch, Missie1 - thank you for sharing my #YearOfWaiting with me, and keeping me #SavingForTheGoal, and stopping me from buying more pearls or deck furniture :lol:

- - - - - - - - - -

G7_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

G7_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

G7_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

G7_4.png

It has been my absolute pleasure to be on this journey with you waiting on our bracelet lol. It is such a magical piece that it just takes one’s breath away. The colors the craftsmanship oh I can go on and on. I’m so excited that you finally have it on your possession. It’s just pure perfection. I’m loving that it’s so wearable for you omg. I’m waiting on the action pics to flood the timelines.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
The challenge for me is that I’m just about the least edgy person you’ll ever meet, style-wise. I love lace and ruffles and my idea of “edge” is sneakers over heels or ballet flats, or baroque pearls instead of rounds :lol:

Cartier… So most of Cartier’s designs are just too industrial for me. Even the pave JUC is “harder” than I prefer! I also err toward flora over fauna, generally, which eliminates a whole other swath of classics…

I love Cartier’s ads though. L'Odyssée de Cartier - six years old now, and every second as captivating and enchanting as when I first saw it. I just rewatched it and it still makes my breath catch. I know I’ll be buying a Panthere piece one day… To own a small ode to that absolutely spell-binding tribute. ❤️

… And then, somewhere underneath all of this, there’s also a preference for sticking to one Richemont brand… But I suspect that one might be a uniquely #me hangup :lol:

So. All of that said, and not-at-all-correspondingly, I adore all of Hemmerle’s work and would love to own a piece one day. I can’t explain it at all. :lol:

The hair tie is dual purpose - the bracelet is a touch big for me and the elastic keeps it from riding annoyingly far up the forearm :twisted2: Supposedly it can be sized but I‘d really rather not, it’s not like it’s falling off me or anything. Resizing would change the motif pattern!!

At the diner :bigsmile:

4A073651-27C3-4C0E-9B5D-F5A91C170121.jpeg

And headed to the vet today…

250996FB-46AC-484E-A578-5642C5D74342.jpeg

And a quarter of a quickie casual selfie?

2577EBE1-6654-44F7-BC13-843DA557A9FE.jpeg

I just love love how you wear our high jewelry piece with hair tie on the arm. It’s such a cool vibe. Also you know I need the deets on those amazing studs that match that fabulous e-ring.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bracelet feels like quintessential VCA, flirty and whimsical and feminine :love: But at the same time it's pretty much unrecognizable, which I absolutely love!!

And it's SO comfortable. Unexpectedly so. The baskets are shaped and polished to not poke, and the prongs don't catch, and I've been wearing it basically non-stop since I got it. It's a touch larger than I normally size to, so I'm stacking it on top of a thick hair tie, which I think just reinforces the #NotBigBrandJewellery look - who in her right mind is wearing VCA high jewellery with a hair tye, T-shirt, and Uggs? :lol:

My SA wasn't sure of sapphire origin - my presumption is Madagascar. She did, however, say that VCA takes pride in using fully untreated gemstones - no treatment and no heat. The sapphires are clean and super sparkly IRL ::)

- - - - - - - - - -

My SA opening the gel pak... :kiss2:

- - - - - - - - - -

Shade1.png

Shade2.png

Shade3.png

Shade4.png

Shade5.png

HandShade.png

- - - - - - - - - -

The eagle stamp is pristine. It's the little things :bigsmile:

Shade6_Eagle.png

- - - - - - - - - -

The sapphires are so rich in the sun!!

Sun2.png

Sun3.png

Oh my goodness!! I have been out of the PS loop for a bit and now I have time to go back and see what I missed. I literally almost fell of my chair when I saw your bracelet.. it's absolutely S T U N N I N G!! It's everything.. a true work of wearable art. The colors and the design are in such harmony.
Wow.. blown away. Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Well, my modest little studs are hardly the most glamorous VCA purchase, but I’m a smitten kitten! I contemplated the small size - but I have attached lobes and wanted a daily, petite stud. They are about 11.1mm at their widest

Sooo….I got the mini frivole studs after deliberating for a month! I’m graduated my my Masters program after 5 long years…and figured I owed myself something special!

I love them with my rose gold paper flowers…i like combining rose and yellow gold a lot

173BF976-5178-4488-A7CA-475199822EFF.jpeg 29946227-ABD1-4CCC-80BA-967CAB302277.jpeg 5959F542-0A6D-4496-8E0C-71411BBB6644.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results