shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
Hehe thanks, and definitely try them on next time you're in store!

I think they're surprisingly easy to wear because even at the 'small' 9.5mm diameter, it's actually pretty large - especially if you "convert" it into diamond size at c3.25ct solitaire per ear. There isn't the forward-facing weight, the low height of the earrings mean it sits close to the lobe, and I was reading in Autumn's post about ear studs how the width of the post matters: the VCA post looks shorter and sturdier than some of my other earrings.

The weight distribution example you gave makes so much sense - what did you do with the pearls instead?

Magics aren't really on my wishlist because I know I won't get enough wear out of them - they'll only come out of their box a few times a year. But I will always remember when I tried on the pave Magics... and stacked with the Sweets... sigh...

(The VA earrings don't work well on me: my piercings are a bit wonky and I can see the closing mechanism front-on, which I can't get over!)

1680727818394.png
1680727743556.png

Ahaha yes, working these babies hard! I'm really happy with them because I've been looking for a pair of understated yet statement everyday earrings for a while, and this has definitely scratched that itch.

Thanks for the kind words!

Gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

I think they're surprisingly easy to wear because even at the 'small' 9.5mm diameter, it's actually pretty large - especially if you "convert" it into diamond size at c3.25ct solitaire per ear. There isn't the forward-facing weight, the low height of the earrings mean it sits close to the lobe, and I was reading in Autumn's post about ear studs how the width of the post matters: the VCA post looks shorter and sturdier than some of my other earrings.

The weight distribution example you gave makes so much sense - what did you do with the pearls instead?

Magics aren't really on my wishlist because I know I won't get enough wear out of them - they'll only come out of their box a few times a year. But I will always remember when I tried on the pave Magics... and stacked with the Sweets... sigh...

(The VA earrings don't work well on me: my piercings are a bit wonky and I can see the closing mechanism front-on, which I can't get over!)

1680727818394.png
1680727743556.png

Ahaha yes, working these babies hard! I'm really happy with them because I've been looking for a pair of understated yet statement everyday earrings for a while, and this has definitely scratched that itch.

Your sweets are perfect for daily ware. Classy & classic.

(And OMG those Magics look spectacular on you for the big bling!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

1680727818394.png
1680727743556.png

Yeah, so OMG. YOU NEED MAGIC EARRINGS.

I guess you’ll just have to drag them out of their box kicking and screaming several times a week to make cost per wear worth it. :bigsmile:

They look SO GOOD stacked with the Sweet size. And the whole look is very cohesive, with your hair style and tailored outfits. Minimalist and impactful. Onyx Magic would be striking. Just sayin’.

The pearls, those got full drilled and they’re in a bracelet right now. Which I also never wear but that’s a whole different issue :twisted2:

The Sweet earrings are just too small on me, sigh. Even the Vintage size looks demure on me. Some women have petite dainty lobes, other women have lobe envy :lol:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo, i mentioned in the cartier thread I wanted to get a white gold bracelet to go with my current 2 bracelets, and i decided (in my head) that the perlee signature would go perfect with them... I thought the difference in textures would be perfect.

The perlee has the mirror with the beads so i thought it would go so well with my clash (texture like the beads of perlee) and love (mirror), but I dont think it works at all. I don't even think its the mixing of metals, but maybe it's the contrast of the white with the other 2. I'm going to think about it but I am pretty sure I am going to return it and get the cartier etincelle instead.

IvcaMG_3311.jpg

IvcaMG_3313.jpg

It was an online order and sent to my office, I will try it again when I get home in a different order.

And maybe clean my fingerprints off the love...

I do love that you decided to mix gold colours!!

I always like an arm stack with a dollop of Something Different. Different colour, or different material, or different shape, or different style… But I personally tend to have more difficulty when my dollop is different in lots of ways. Like a different colour and a different style and a different texture, I think sometimes that can become a lot of #different to reconcile visually. Maybe that’s what’s happening for you? Like - maybe the exact same bangle but in yellow or rose gold would be different enough to scratch the mismatch itch but still stay within the bounds of what your eyes consider cohesive?

But the Etincelle is beautiful and classic and totally works too, and there’s something very mind-clean about keeping the whole stack within one brand :bigsmile: I’m team Cartier, chalk one Etincelle vote down for Rando Off The Internet :lol:

Last edited:

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Does anyone have both the mini and small frivole earrings? I’d love a comparison shot and measurements if anyone would oblige :roll:

I have smaller attached lobes and got to try the YG minis recently, but now im wondering if the small is better for everyday? But they went nicely with my RG paper flowers necklace from Tiffany’s for a not-so-matchy set!

AFB1BC69-22CC-4909-936C-20E74A63EE15.jpeg

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Oh! @Cerulean
That’s so pretty & kind of matchy but not overly matchy like you said but will you be ok with the difference in metal color?
Frivole, small, tops my wishlist right now.
I do have thin & small lobes but not exactly attached nor detached. Here’s a photo for your reference.
Mini isn’t under my radar hence haven’t tried it on at all.
I would say Frivole small is slightly bigger than vintage Alhambra?
IMO, small version isn’t exactly an everyday piece given my lifestyle (that’s just me), I would wear them when I dress up a little =)2.
Another question, will small outshine your paper flower?

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock

Oh wow - those ARE stunning on you. I imagine they would likely outshine my paper flowers! Or be very close to the same size - hopefully someone knows the measurements!

I do actually like mixed metals - especially yellow & rose gold together. I usually wear my paper flowers with 18k yg hoops! Tiffany’s rose gold is so softly pinkish that it almost looks yellowy.

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock
Does anyone have both the mini and small frivole earrings? I’d love a comparison shot and measurements if anyone would oblige :roll:

I have smaller attached lobes and got to try the YG minis recently, but now im wondering if the small is better for everyday? But they went nicely with my RG paper flowers necklace from Tiffany’s for a not-so-matchy set!

Lovely! I think these minis look beautifully matched with your pendant (including the metals, they look the same to me). I imagine small might look not quite as balanced, but hard to say for sure.

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
@Cerulean - these are small shiny WG. Btw, I super love these cause they are so casual and easy.

What strikes me about the small, is that they look more sculptural, whereas the kinks look distinctly like “studs” to me - neither is better or worse. Both are tempting for different reasons and I love the white gold on you!!! I hope they have some in stock for me to try on one day…

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally got to try on the WG guilloche bracelet, too!

AA45E920-A884-4A08-AC66-46F4DE63A12E.jpeg

Last edited:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
The RG perlee sweet clovers ring is starting to grow on me after trying it on in person!

99936B4E-2F79-43AC-803E-A6C319DDA561.jpeg

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Got some VCA eye candy to share!

Lucky spring line:

E57D3F78-052D-4806-A838-ECD05E141984.jpeg

They all look amazing on you! I especially love the frivole necklace and the sweet clover ring!
I actually recently got the 10 motif chalcedony necklace, and I love the color and the subtle glow that it has, and it is surprisingly versatile.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What strikes me about the small, is that they look more sculptural, whereas the kinks look distinctly like “studs” to me - neither is better or worse. Both are tempting for different reasons and I love the white gold on you!!! I hope they have some in stock for me to try on one day…
Here is a better comparison. The smaller size has a slight “droop” built into the design which I didn’t understand or appreciate until I wore them. The mini is more like a stud and seems to sit upright on the lobe. So the look is different as well as the size. Unlike the Alhambras, I prefer the small frivole over the mini frivole because I really like the “droop”.
95ACEC63-BFFE-4C36-8B71-9A445EF31A4E.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Here is a better comparison. The smaller size has a slight “droop” built into the design which I didn’t understand or appreciate until I wore them. The mini is more like a stud and seems to sit upright on the lobe. So the look is different as well as the size. Unlike the Alhambras, I prefer the small frivole over the mini frivole because I really like the “droop”.
95ACEC63-BFFE-4C36-8B71-9A445EF31A4E.jpeg

I’m just rereading my post to see the horrendous typos - thank you for these photos! They are SO helpful! I do love both on you but the small size is really special and I love the polished metal version!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The RG perlee sweet clovers ring is starting to grow on me after trying it on in person!

99936B4E-2F79-43AC-803E-A6C319DDA561.jpeg

I looooove the sweet clovers ring

MMtwo

Ideal_Rock
I haven't really considered VCA before, but these last few pages are so luscious. You all look amazing in your delicate jewelry. They accentuate beauty and femininity. So many wonderful pieces wear the wearer, but not here. They accentuate the beauty of the wearer.

@yssie the earrings are absolute perfection on you.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

1680727818394.png
1680727743556.png

I totally love love this ear stack. It’s perfection. I’m going to try this combo with vintage and sweets when I go to boutique in few weeks

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
So ladies you know my addiction to RG gmop so here’s my MTO that came early.

Attachments

• E30584E7-F9FC-413E-832F-ABCC4C14BCBD.jpeg
    E30584E7-F9FC-413E-832F-ABCC4C14BCBD.jpeg
    256.3 KB · Views: 76
  • EBF00F7E-FF91-4AA7-9220-7BBC514B3619.jpeg
    EBF00F7E-FF91-4AA7-9220-7BBC514B3619.jpeg
    387.7 KB · Views: 77

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Missie1. I mean, I knew this was coming your way and I was STILL blown away when I saw your photos. :love:

You know what looks good on you and you own your style. Love that so much :appl:

The MOP looks beautifully iridescent. And you have so many pieces to mix and match with… So much GMOP versatility in your collection.

And this piece came in so fast, too!! In VCA timelines this was positively “instant gratification” :bigsmile:

Okay. So. What’s next on your wishlist? Are Magic GMOP earrings on it? You need some complementary earrings…

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Count me in as a #believer of not-so-matchy :love:

@LLJsmom your comp pic shows the diff so well!!

@Cerulean So personal opinion and all that, but I (personally, cough) love when pendant and earrings are different sizes. Earrings visibly smaller or bigger than pendant - both great! My eyes just like seeing a size diff. I know your paper flowers pendant is a wardrobe staple and I think the small frivole is pretty similar in size? The large frivole *is* hard to wear, in my humble opinion. It’s just SO BOLD and IN YOUR FACE. Which is great sometimes… But maybe not so much on the reg… So I’d pick the mini for you :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results