shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some quick stud weight comparisons:

- Pave WG Cosmos, Small: 6.4g each
- MoP RG Cosmos, Small, 5.8g each
- MOP Rose de Noel, Mini: 7.8g each
- Pave Frivole, Large: 6.0g each

The mini RdN are the heaviest??!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I went to pick up my SO onyx Alhambra pinky ring today and love it! Will post more thoughts and pics later.

But PSers I need your help please: when I went to collect the ring today, I also tried on the Sweet earrings in both onyx and carnelian.

I had originally made up my mind to go for the onyx as I really like the high contrast between black and YG.

However, even before she showed me the carnelian, my SA pointed out that this carnelian pair is unusual because the stone is so vibrant / orange, almost like it’s coral. Typically the carnelian leans more brown or burgundy.

So now I’m stuck - would love your opinions on which pair should I go for?

695F667B-FC2B-4EF2-A712-1CCC0AF28366.jpeg
74E76567-7565-42C7-9F5E-37FAAB1CF9FC.jpeg
FBD71BE6-A90C-4942-96AA-DE9E6AF21702.jpeg

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
My perfect little Frivole family ::)

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

Um, WOW!!!!! @yssie these are truly stunning, and so you!

I have to confess, I’m such a white metal fan I’ve never given much thought to yg, but these are making me do a triple take. I love the contrast with the pave!

The collection as a whole is breathtaking. Congrats!

Star gazer

Shiny_Rock
I went to pick up my SO onyx Alhambra pinky ring today and love it! Will post more thoughts and pics later.

But PSers I need your help please: when I went to collect the ring today, I also tried on the Sweet earrings in both onyx and carnelian.

I had originally made up my mind to go for the onyx as I really like the high contrast between black and YG.

However, even before she showed me the carnelian, my SA pointed out that this carnelian pair is unusual because the stone is so vibrant / orange, almost like it’s coral. Typically the carnelian leans more brown or burgundy.

I love your style @Pomelo ! Both are really beautiful, but I'm leaning to black

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I prefer the onyx on you as well! :kiss2:

Christinak

Shiny_Rock

I love them both but I prefer the black on you too

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I like both on you too but if you have plan to own both eventually then I would say get the carnelian first as nice color isn’t always available in store. Most carnelians I saw were brownish like she said while onyx is always black ( I don’t own any onyx so please correct me if I am wrong)

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks for your feedback @Star gazer @m-2-b @Christinak

I’ve decided to keep the onyx :geek2: I’ll reach for them more and it goes with more of my wardrobe.

I think my brain was a bit dizzy cos I’ve never seen such vibrant carnelian :lol-2:

I love the carnelian. Your SA was right - the colour is so gorgeous.

Since you've decided to go for the onyx, would you mind sharing with me which location and SA the carnelian earrings were at please? I wouldn't mind having a look. Many thanks.

Glad you got these onyx beauties. I love onyx earrings and am still waiting for my SO (onyx Ltd Ed) to be approved. May never happen! :(

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I love the carnelian. Your SA was right - the colour is so gorgeous.

Since you've decided to go for the onyx, would you mind sharing with me which location and SA the carnelian earrings were at please? I wouldn't mind having a look. Many thanks.

Glad you got these onyx beauties. I love onyx earrings and am still waiting for my SO (onyx Ltd Ed) to be approved. May never happen! :(

Yes sure - it’s the New Bond Street London flagship store. I can ask my SA to put it on hold for you? Here are some more pics.

What’s the ETA on your onyx limited editions? :)

BC836C4D-A9A7-4FEC-84DC-571D1B1FC479.jpeg
425BEDA2-6915-4C3D-8724-8DE1B2E70563.jpeg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes sure - it’s the New Bond Street London flagship store. I can ask my SA to put it on hold for you? Here are some more pics.

Lovely!! Thank you so much! I can call them and talk to them. I am sure if everything works out, someone can pick them up for me.

They do look quite vibrant, really beautiful. Thanks again. xx

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo, just realised I didn't answer your q, sorry.

I don't know if they'll be approved or not. My SA hasn't said anything and am fed up of chasing them. It's prob not going to happen, tbh.

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
I like both on you too but if you have plan to own both eventually then I would say get the carnelian first as nice color isn’t always available in store. Most carnelians I saw were brownish like she said while onyx is always black ( I don’t own any onyx so please correct me if I am wrong)

Thank you, I think this was why I got dizzy yday - cos I know that this is a rare chance to get such lovely carnelian!

However, I don’t plan on having two pairs of Sweets (I’m lazy and don’t change up my look very often) so went with the onyx pair which will probably stay on my ears for months at a time =)2

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo, should I ask for your SA when I call?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
A very late update... My new SO Frivole earrings are home!!

They're the large size in pave. The pave accomplishes exactly what I wanted, it's a softer and less bold look than the polished metal. And the larger motif size completely hides the clips face-forward. Just what I'd hoped for! had the clip clearance opened as far as possible, which turned out to be 5mm; They're incredibly light and comfortable - to the point where I forget I've even got them on, the weight is balanced perfectly! And unlike the regular high-polish large Frivole earrings mine have two post position options (I prefer the lower hole).

I opted to try the new packaging as I thought that having one earrings-specific travel pouch might be nice. Long story short: Glad I've got one new pouch but no desire for any more: It doesn't feel luxurious. My SA explained that the old travel pouches will no longer be given out, and clients will have the option of either an older-style suede "presentation" box or the newer travel-friendly eco packaging (which is also the new default). She sent me a handful of spare travel pouches for future use :lol:

I asked about Alhambra pave ear clips - long waits and no-order lists are a legitimate #Thing. Well, for us not-7-figure-spenders, or whatever their threshold for special considerations is, anyway! She also mentioned that both SOs and MTOs will be gated by the ~85-100k prespend requirement for the forseeable future.

- - - - -

Trying them on in-store before adjustment ::)

VCA_1.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Wearing them for the first time!! Work get-together :bigsmile:

H_2.jpg

H_1.jpg

Now this I absolutely love. The earrings sit beautifully on your ear and make such a statement with the ring.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
My perfect little Frivole family ::)

C_1.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_2.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_3.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_4.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_5.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_6.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_7.png

- - - - - - - - - -

C_8.png

Truly stunning. I’m loving how the yg pops the diamonds

secretagentlaura

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I have a new piece to share:

ladybug.jpg

I actually wasn't planning on adding to my VCA collection this year as my chances of obtaining a hammered WG 20-motif are basically zero, but it was two days before my birthday and my husband mentioned that we hadn't ever checked out the VCA boutique in our city, even though it's been open for about a year now. So we went in to see what their inventory situation was. Turns out that it's a small boutique, though decently stocked, and the staff were all lovely.

I was delighted to see the entire Lucky Springtime line in their display cases! I have a quirky fondness for insect jewelry, so this ladybug totally charmed me. I always liked carnelian with RG, as well (sorry - it looks YG in the photo no matter the light situation for me), so it was like a fabulous unexpected discovery. The necklace came back from having the chain extended about a week ago, and I've been happily wearing it casually nearly everyday since.

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

ladybug.jpg

I actually wasn't planning on adding to my VCA collection this year as my chances of obtaining a hammered WG 20-motif are basically zero, but it was two days before my birthday and my husband mentioned that we hadn't ever checked out the VCA boutique in our city, even though it's been open for about a year now. So we went in to see what their inventory situation was. Turns out that it's a small boutique, though decently stocked, and the staff were all lovely.

I was delighted to see the entire Lucky Springtime line in their display cases! I have a quirky fondness for insect jewelry, so this ladybug totally charmed me. I always liked carnelian with RG, as well (sorry - it looks YG in the photo no matter the light situation for me), so it was like a fabulous unexpected discovery. The necklace came back from having the chain extended about a week ago, and I've been happily wearing it casually nearly everyday since.

How darling! Happy birthday :)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

ladybug.jpg

Happy birthday!! I'm liking the new Lucky Spring pieces more and more, they're so fresh for spring - and I love that they don't scream Branded. You'd have to know to know. Congrats!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

That really DOES look like coral. No joke. o_O

Buuuuut glad you took the onyx home Pomelo. The onyx seems so You. And so wearable. So it's been a couple weeks now, are you finding yourself reaching for them a fair bit?

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
That really DOES look like coral. No joke. o_O

Buuuuut glad you took the onyx home Pomelo. The onyx seems so You. And so wearable. So it's been a couple weeks now, are you finding yourself reaching for them a fair bit?

Yes! They are so wearable: light, small yet still large enough to have presence on my ears, and makes me feel sophisticated even when I’m a bit of a slob :mrgreen2:

The backs are secure (yay) but a pain to put on/take off (boo), so I have been wearing them for both daytime and evening. They are on my ears 24/7 and don’t come off regardless of whether I’m running, showering or sleeping.

I find that, especially when layered with my RG 10 motif, I like the visual contrast between the small sweets and the medium vintage size. Having the VA onyx ring which is a slightly different design due to the centre diamond means that the family is not too matchy-matchy (which is how I like it).

The flat profile is a huge plus as well: they don’t catch on things and means that I can wear my AirPods with minimal disruption, even when running.

One thing I haven’t managed to work out yet is why they’re one of the most comfortable studs to sleep in. Perhaps the low profile and the balance of weight in the ear with the heavy backs means it feels evenly weighted in the ear and doesn’t catch on things? Not sure, but I basically don’t feel them at all.

It could also be that because these aren’t big earrings, my second and third piercings house daintier jewellery as well - meaning less pressure on my lobes in general.

I’ve been a bit busy recently so haven’t had the chance to do proper shots, so here are some fuzzy ones on the go!

At opera wearing my VCA family (minus an onyx VA pendant)
3A73F6AF-C550-404F-818F-AFAF41C9610F.jpeg

A couple of casual daytime outfits
64A57C20-1C99-4955-BA9F-81433AC762BB.jpeg
66BC52D9-5955-4A84-9E13-D2CF66CCF1FC.jpeg

I also tried styling them with my Chanel large agate Camellias but I didn’t like them stacked. It’s weird because I absolutely loved the Sweet and Magic pave Alhambra’s stacked together (a girl can dream!), and the Magics are a similar size to the Chanels

61F3F90E-4580-4DB4-8A74-22CC24783BBB.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@Pomelo

@LLJsmom has commented on how comfortable the sweets are too. Not that they ought not be comfortable or anything - just that they’re surprisingly easy-wear. That’s really interesting - I’ve never tried the sweets on, I don’t think! But what you’re saying about even weight distribution, that makes such a difference. My 6g VCA earrings with omega clips feel so much more comfy than my old 6g pearl studs where all the weight was a few mm in front of the lobe (I couldn’t wear them, I repurposed them)

I was telling a few friends off-forum yesterday that when I started buying from this brand I really only paid attention to statement pieces - ‘cause I figured I’ve got plenty of everyday stuff already… But over time I find myself reaching for my VCA sooooo often! Basically daily! So turns out I really do actually want a few everyday sorts of pieces. I don't know what that looks like yet but some vintage earrings have jumped several slots up my list :bigsmile:

Are Magic earrings on your wishlist? I LOVE the look of Alhambra duos on the ears :love: And I love bigger size differences so a sweet & magic stack sounds amazing!! I do think the Alhambra style is so bold and distinctive, though - it’s so *strong* - I can see how it’s hard to stack with other designs. Especially if the other design is more nuanced or subtle or detailed. Oh the challenges we face :lol:

Your casual pics are gorgeous. You live a very glamorous casual life! ::) Love seeing these pieces in action!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes! They are so wearable: light, small yet still large enough to have presence on my ears, and makes me feel sophisticated even when I’m a bit of a slob :mrgreen2:

The backs are secure (yay) but a pain to put on/take off (boo), so I have been wearing them for both daytime and evening. They are on my ears 24/7 and don’t come off regardless of whether I’m running, showering or sleeping.

I find that, especially when layered with my RG 10 motif, I like the visual contrast between the small sweets and the medium vintage size. Having the VA onyx ring which is a slightly different design due to the centre diamond means that the family is not too matchy-matchy (which is how I like it).

The flat profile is a huge plus as well: they don’t catch on things and means that I can wear my AirPods with minimal disruption, even when running.

One thing I haven’t managed to work out yet is why they’re one of the most comfortable studs to sleep in. Perhaps the low profile and the balance of weight in the ear with the heavy backs means it feels evenly weighted in the ear and doesn’t catch on things? Not sure, but I basically don’t feel them at all.

It could also be that because these aren’t big earrings, my second and third piercings house daintier jewellery as well - meaning less pressure on my lobes in general.

I’ve been a bit busy recently so haven’t had the chance to do proper shots, so here are some fuzzy ones on the go!

At opera wearing my VCA family (minus an onyx VA pendant)
3A73F6AF-C550-404F-818F-AFAF41C9610F.jpeg

A couple of casual daytime outfits
64A57C20-1C99-4955-BA9F-81433AC762BB.jpeg
66BC52D9-5955-4A84-9E13-D2CF66CCF1FC.jpeg

I also tried styling them with my Chanel large agate Camellias but I didn’t like them stacked. It’s weird because I absolutely loved the Sweet and Magic pave Alhambra’s stacked together (a girl can dream!), and the Magics are a similar size to the Chanels

61F3F90E-4580-4DB4-8A74-22CC24783BBB.jpeg

Just sayin’. I love how you are putting those sweet studs to WORK. They look absolutely fab on you on every occasion. Totally suits your style. And yes so easy to wear. Forget you have them on jewelry. My fave.

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Sooo, i mentioned in the cartier thread I wanted to get a white gold bracelet to go with my current 2 bracelets, and i decided (in my head) that the perlee signature would go perfect with them... I thought the difference in textures would be perfect.

The perlee has the mirror with the beads so i thought it would go so well with my clash (texture like the beads of perlee) and love (mirror), but I dont think it works at all. I don't even think its the mixing of metals, but maybe it's the contrast of the white with the other 2. I'm going to think about it but I am pretty sure I am going to return it and get the cartier etincelle instead.

IvcaMG_3311.jpg

IvcaMG_3313.jpg

It was an online order and sent to my office, I will try it again when I get home in a different order.

And maybe clean my fingerprints off the love...

Pomelo

Brilliant_Rock
@Pomelo

@LLJsmom has commented on how comfortable the sweets are too. Not that they ought not be comfortable or anything - just that they’re surprisingly easy-wear. That’s really interesting - I’ve never tried the sweets on, I don’t think! But what you’re saying about even weight distribution, that makes such a difference. My 6g VCA earrings with omega clips feel so much more comfy than my old 6g pearl studs where all the weight was a few mm in front of the lobe (I couldn’t wear them, I repurposed them)

I was telling a few friends off-forum yesterday that when I started buying from this brand I really only paid attention to statement pieces - ‘cause I figured I’ve got plenty of everyday stuff already… But over time I find myself reaching for my VCA sooooo often! Basically daily! So turns out I really do actually want a few everyday sorts of pieces. I don't know what that looks like yet but some vintage earrings have jumped several slots up my list :bigsmile:

Are Magic earrings on your wishlist? I LOVE the look of Alhambra duos on the ears :love: And I love bigger size differences so a sweet & magic stack sounds amazing!! I do think the Alhambra style is so bold and distinctive, though - it’s so *strong* - I can see how it’s hard to stack with other designs. Especially if the other design is more nuanced or subtle or detailed. Oh the challenges we face :lol:

Your casual pics are gorgeous. You live a very glamorous casual life! ::) Love seeing these pieces in action!!
Hehe thanks, and definitely try them on next time you're in store!

I think they're surprisingly easy to wear because even at the 'small' 9.5mm diameter, it's actually pretty large - especially if you "convert" it into diamond size at c3.25ct solitaire per ear. There isn't the forward-facing weight, the low height of the earrings mean it sits close to the lobe, and I was reading in Autumn's post about ear studs how the width of the post matters: the VCA post looks shorter and sturdier than some of my other earrings.

The weight distribution example you gave makes so much sense - what did you do with the pearls instead?

Magics aren't really on my wishlist because I know I won't get enough wear out of them - they'll only come out of their box a few times a year. But I will always remember when I tried on the pave Magics... and stacked with the Sweets... sigh...

(The VA earrings don't work well on me: my piercings are a bit wonky and I can see the closing mechanism front-on, which I can't get over!)

1680727818394.png
1680727743556.png

Just sayin’. I love how you are putting those sweet studs to WORK. They look absolutely fab on you on every occasion. Totally suits your style. And yes so easy to wear. Forget you have them on jewelry. My fave.

Ahaha yes, working these babies hard! I'm really happy with them because I've been looking for a pair of understated yet statement everyday earrings for a while, and this has definitely scratched that itch.

Thanks for the kind words!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results