shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Y’all, I did a thing and bought an onyx and pave vintage Alhambra bracelet today. It’s being shortened so I won’t have it until later this week but eeeek!

8612FDDD-E80A-4D56-948F-B7652D200AF7.jpeg

Love love the onyx and pave…..it really adds a pop factor to your stack

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
We were visiting Rome last week and I had to take a quick visit to try on those perlee bracelets. I didn’t come home with one but I can’t stop thinking about them!
08077983-7531-403C-BEA5-FA48356559BD.jpeg

Attachments

• 2BE65970-B98D-44AB-AF9C-A49BD5EBD9F6.jpeg
    2BE65970-B98D-44AB-AF9C-A49BD5EBD9F6.jpeg
    277.6 KB · Views: 13

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Y’all, I did a thing and bought an onyx and pave vintage Alhambra bracelet today. It’s being shortened so I won’t have it until later this week but eeeek!

8612FDDD-E80A-4D56-948F-B7652D200AF7.jpeg

This is my dream piece, and it looks so beautiful on you! :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Nope not sold!! I did think about rehoming it once, but then I came to my senses :bigsmile:

This one’s a bucket list piece for me. I love that I have it, and I really enjoy taking it out to look at and admire (I do this fairly frequently LOL), and I wear it occasionally. But I only wear it occasionally. Couple reasons for that -
1. The bangles are totally round. Not oval. So they protrude a lot more - they don’t conform to the wrist or lower forearm shape the way oval bangles do. If that makes any sense?
And a followup to #1 - the "rolling" action that's so lovely and buttery in the rings is equally efficient and buttery in the bangles... But most people's forearms are pretty fleshy, and a trio of reasonably heavy bangles very-efficiently rolling up one's forearm creates forearm muffin like I've never before experienced :lol: When I wear it I stack a skinny diamond bangle on top (closer to elbow) to mask the forearm muffin. Works great.
2. The clanging! OMG. The three bangles clink and clang and click and jingle and jangle and… I don’t know why or how but they’re seriously *so* much louder than any of my other bangles stacked (which do also move against each other). My Trinity is the original with thicker (heavier) bangles - I wonder if the lighter Trinity is less loud?

So I guess my biggest question would be what your noisy arm tolerance is like :lol:

In all seriousness though. I don't know how visually appealing and comfy the bangle shape difference would be IRL. But if you love the idea it doesn't hurt to try on!

Hi Yssie!
I loved your first hand review of the rolling bracelet.. totally fascinating the pro's and con's. I have always loved that bracelet and there were a few times years ago that I almost bought it second hand on Ebay. I never pulled the trigger because they didn't have a consistent sizing system as it seemed like many of the older ones weren't marked with a size and I never trusted just measuring my wrist. Thank for the info.. it was a great read!!
Can you fabulous people tell me about the care and maintenance of white mother of pearl? (My guess is it is "medium" in terms of VCA gemstone durability -- less durable than onyx or carnelian, but more than malachite -- but I really don't know the specifics.)

I'd like to know, for example, how would I clean wmop if I were to wear say a magic pendant necklace against my skin and my skin has a little light makeup and sunscreen on it? Would that totally kill the wmop over time?

I'm pretty gentle and careful with my jewelry, never wearing it to shower in or to bed. But I do live in an area where I have to wear sunscreen whenever I leave the house, and I wear a little powdered makeup on my neck/décolletage. Does that rule out wmop for me?

Thanks!

VCA WMOP 20 motif vintage alhambra necklace.jpg

ps: I wouldn't wear this combination, it is too much going on in my opinion. I just happened to be going out to dinner with my sweetie the evening I tried on the necklace.

:love:SO PRETTY!! You and the necklace!!!:appl:

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
One more question about gemstone care...

How does the blue agate compare in terms of durability and maintenance? Is it as easy to wear (and durable) as onyx and carnelian, or more fragile like malachite, or somewhere in between?

Thanks!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, VCA veterans—my onyx/pave is here and I love it! But a question: how the HECK do you put an Alhambra on by yourself??? That catch is **TINY***.

I think mine has been shortened appropriately, but it means the last motif is pretty close to the catch so it’s harder to grasp. I hate to think of putting a link back just to be able to clasp it. Right now the bracelet would not flip (which was one of my concerns with pave). My daughter is able to put it on for me, but I’m honestly not sure my husband will be (he‘s out of town right now so I can’t check).

Please give me all the self clasping advice or else this is going to need to be a 24/7 bracelet and I really don’t think that’s the idea with this one.

1BE3837C-FA70-4A0F-B66F-BA42AE4B2938.jpeg

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Tonks!
Your new armful to fabulousness looks fabulous!
As far as the clasps.. they are really tiny I agree.
I usually try to rest my elbow on a table and then have the circle part hang down and use the other part as a "hook" to get the two pieces together.
It takes a little bit of roughness to hold the lever of the hook back which at first I was timid to use but now I hold it back with a fingernail hope for the best.

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
From Pursebop but I’m sure someone who owns blue agate will chime in!
F6075FF6-331F-4AC8-9556-EFB597EA79A5.jpeg

Oh my! That's an awesome tutorial. Thanks so much for posting!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@Tonks

I have one of these bracelet-putter-onner-devices:

IMG_7250.jpg

Here's how it works:

IMG_7249.jpg

With my other hand (the one that's holding my phone) I grab the lobster clasp and clasp it shut.

Not gonna lie. The fact that the bracelet takes a few minutes to put on makes me not wear it as much. I do still wear it and love it though, but its not an effortless "grab and go" jewelry piece. Mornings I'm rushing like a crazy lady to get out the door, I skip wearing it.

One other tip I've learned by doing, is do not put your hand moisturizer on before putting the bracelet on. If my hands/fingers are at all moisturized, even when I think its been well absorbed, my fingers are too slippery to manage the clasp as nimbly. So I put the bracelet on, then slide it up my arm as far as it will go to get it out of the way while I put my hand lotion on. (Obviously, try not to get lotion on your bracelet, it may damage the onyx over time, and really isn't good for your jewelry in general.)

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks

IMG_7250.jpg

Here's how it works:

IMG_7249.jpg

With my other hand (the one that's holding my phone) I grab the lobster clasp and clasp it shut.

Not gonna lie. The fact that the bracelet takes a few minutes to put on makes me not wear it as much. I do still wear it and love it though, but its not an effortless "grab and go" jewelry piece. Mornings I'm rushing like a crazy lady to get out the door, I skip wearing it.

One other tip I've learned by doing, is do not put your hand moisturizer on before putting the bracelet on. If my hands/fingers are at all moisturized, even when I think its been well absorbed, my fingers are too slippery to manage the clasp as nimbly. So I put the bracelet on, then slide it up my arm as far as it will go to get it out of the way while I put my hand lotion on. (Obviously, try not to get lotion on your bracelet, it may damage the onyx over time, and really isn't good for your jewelry in general.)

That looks super helpful! Do you happen to have a link to where you purchased it?

Also thank you for the tip about lotion. I have started to slather myself in daily sunscreen and that would be an issue!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
@Tonks

IMG_7250.jpg

Here's how it works:

IMG_7249.jpg

I have this exact same one but I don’t have the patience for it. I use good old scotch tape 99% of the time. I tape the side with the hoop down on my wrist to hold it in place while I hook it with the clasp LOL

Last edited:

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Tonks

IMG_7250.jpg

Here's how it works:

IMG_7249.jpg

You can do the same thing as this with a paperclip if you want a free, immediate option to try by yourself. There’s videos online that show what to do!

And I love your onyx/pavé!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
You can do the same thing as this with a paperclip if you want a free, immediate option to try by yourself. There’s videos online that show what to do!

And I love your onyx/pavé!

I haven't seen the videos, but I personally wouldn't use a metal paperclip to grasp an 18K gold piece of jewelry, the possibility of scratching would concern me too much.

But I could see @Muluver 's tape idea being an option.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
I haven't seen the videos, but I personally wouldn't use a metal paperclip to grasp an 18K gold piece of jewelry, the possibility of scratching would concern me too much.

I ordered the putter onner thingy. In the meantime, my SA suggested the same technique that @Rubies-R-Me mentioned where you put your arm on a table so I will practice that.

lissyflo

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

You just open it out and loop one end through a link of the bracelet. I can’t envisage any way in which even the most malcoordinated person could scratch anything, but there’s obviously no point trying something that worries you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
I ordered the putter onner thingy. In the meantime, my SA suggested the same technique that @Rubies-R-Me mentioned where you put your arm on a table so I will practice that.

It took me a few practice times to get the hang of using the thingy. At first I was like WTF?! But don't give up, after a few times of using it, it will feel natural and work fairly quickly.

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
It took me a few practice times to get the hang of using the thingy. At first I was like WTF?! But don't give up, after a few times of using it, it will feel natural and work fairly quickly.

I managed to get it on my left wrist (I’m right handed), which makes me think it will just take practice.

But! Happy accident—look what it looks like with my watch!!! And what’s cool is that b/c Submariners have an adjustability feature (for wetsuits), I can actually make the watch tight enough that it won’t move on my wrist, so it won’t bang into the bracelet. That’s not how I would usually wear my watch, but I like this combo so much I might just start doing it.

99750DD6-4888-41E0-AA94-3DA5BA0E7A25.jpeg

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I managed to get it on my left wrist (I’m right handed), which makes me think it will just take practice.

But! Happy accident—look what it looks like with my watch!!! And what’s cool is that b/c Submariners have an adjustability feature (for wetsuits), I can actually make the watch tight enough that it won’t move on my wrist, so it won’t bang into the bracelet. That’s not how I would usually wear my watch, but I like this combo so much I might just start doing it.

99750DD6-4888-41E0-AA94-3DA5BA0E7A25.jpeg

***Chefs Kiss*** :kiss2: :kiss2:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I finally found a pair of rose gold pave vintage alhambra earrings online on xupes and grabbed them!!

Then I went to my local VCA today and my wallet took some more damage....

I finally got the two butterfly white gold pave ring and the white gold frivole BTF ring. I couldn't resist!

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

I also put down a deposit on the snowflake ring to confirm it, but the shipment was delayed yet so probably next week it will arrive. I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love it in person. It doesn't photograph that well, but in person WOW.

IMG_6637.jpg

I was also finally offered a 1 row XS rose gold bracelet, but I turned it down, as I don't really love how VCA rose gold looks on my skin tone in bracelets. I love their rose gold earrings and necklaces though.

I tried on the palymre bracelets as well, one in rose gold/pink sapphire and one in white gold/diamonds. Out of these two, I liked the pink sapphire the most, but I don't feel I -need- this piece in my collection.

IMG_6640.jpg

And finally, my dream someday (hopefully very soon) pieces...the a cheval bracelet and the ruby folie des pres bracelet (this is the necklace as the bracelet is sold out, but just to get an idea of how the bracelet might look). I am done buying VCA (except for my SOs) until I can afford these! Seriously!! I need you guys to hold me to that!

IMG_6652.jpg

The a cheval bracelet made my tennis bracelet pale in comparison!! And my tennis bracelet is gorgeous...o_O

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Ok, VCA veterans—my onyx/pave is here and I love it! But a question: how the HECK do you put an Alhambra on by yourself??? That catch is **TINY***.

I think mine has been shortened appropriately, but it means the last motif is pretty close to the catch so it’s harder to grasp. I hate to think of putting a link back just to be able to clasp it. Right now the bracelet would not flip (which was one of my concerns with pave). My daughter is able to put it on for me, but I’m honestly not sure my husband will be (he‘s out of town right now so I can’t check).

Please give me all the self clasping advice or else this is going to need to be a 24/7 bracelet and I really don’t think that’s the idea with this one.

1BE3837C-FA70-4A0F-B66F-BA42AE4B2938.jpeg

I have wondered the same thing, unfortunately. I opted for the 24/7 wear with my RG because it's really hard for me to undo mine and I'm a little lazy about it. And mine is not shortened!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I finally found a pair of rose gold pave vintage alhambra earrings online on xupes and grabbed them!!

I finally got the two butterfly white gold pave ring and the white gold frivole BTF ring. I couldn't resist!

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

I also put down a deposit on the snowflake ring to confirm it, but the shipment was delayed yet so probably next week it will arrive. I know it might not be everyone's cup of tea, but I really love it in person. It doesn't photograph that well, but in person WOW.

IMG_6637.jpg

I was also finally offered a 1 row XS rose gold bracelet, but I turned it down, as I don't really love how VCA rose gold looks on my skin tone in bracelets. I love their rose gold earrings and necklaces though.

I tried on the palymre bracelets as well, one in rose gold/pink sapphire and one in white gold/diamonds. Out of these two, I liked the pink sapphire the most, but I don't feel I -need- this piece in my collection.

IMG_6640.jpg

And finally, my dream someday (hopefully very soon) pieces...the a cheval bracelet and the ruby folie des pres bracelet (this is the necklace as the bracelet is sold out, but just to get an idea of how the bracelet might look). I am done buying VCA (except for my SOs) until I can afford these! Seriously!! I need you guys to hold me to that!

IMG_6652.jpg

The a cheval bracelet made my tennis bracelet pale in comparison!! And my tennis bracelet is gorgeous...o_O

Holy…. Girl you went all OUT!!!! Congratulations! But do you have any money left for rent? J/k!! LOL! What amazing pieces you got. Post more pics when you have a chance. Hope the RG vintage pave earrings work out. Those are preloved right? And can’t wait to see the snowflake earrings. Those are spectacular. Words fail.

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

IMG_6638.jpg

IMG_6635.jpg

IMG_6637.jpg

IMG_6640.jpg

IMG_6652.jpg

Wow! That's the stuff of dreams. Seriously. Can I come over and play in your jewelry box?

Would love to know how you style these beauties and what type of events you wear them too. You must live a very glamorous life!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Holy…. Girl you went all OUT!!!! Congratulations! But do you have any money left for rent? J/k!! LOL! What amazing pieces you got. Post more pics when you have a chance. Hope the RG vintage pave earrings work out. Those are preloved right? And can’t wait to see the snowflake earrings. Those are spectacular. Words fail.

LOL!
Yes, they are preloved! I'm not getting the snowflake earrings, just the snowflake ring. But the earrings are gorgeous too!!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Wow! That's the stuff of dreams. Seriously. Can I come over and play in your jewelry box?

Would love to know how you style these beauties and what type of events you wear them too. You must live a very glamorous life!

I don't live that much of a glamorous life! Especially since COVID! I just like jewelry. I wear most of my pieces casually on an everyday basis just doing normal life stuff :lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing my super budget friendly discontinued VCA bubble ring. So the story is that wearing my Ruban ring on my right Hand with my single row pave bangle with my ering on my left hand feels “too much”. So I started to look for a less blingy RHR. I saw this bubble ring (per my SA) before but couldn’t find it on the VCA but it website. I saw one preloved piece but it was too beat up. So when I saw this in the store I tried it on and it was the perfect piece with my bangle. Just low key enough. When I asked them to order it for me in a size larger they told me it was already discontinued so I had to jump on it. Best thing, it fits both fingers. Introducing my super fun perlee (bubble) ring.

Attachments

• 07981E9F-CEC6-4984-940B-36DEB2FF7D26.jpeg
    07981E9F-CEC6-4984-940B-36DEB2FF7D26.jpeg
    136.5 KB · Views: 64
  • C398F7E1-8B24-4758-939A-A28533908517.jpeg
    C398F7E1-8B24-4758-939A-A28533908517.jpeg
    162.4 KB · Views: 64
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results