shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Lux Lady

Rough_Rock
Just sharing with a small PS group here. I joined the #VCA12weekclub. I put down a deposit on an XS single row diamond perlee bangle in WG, after hemming and hawing for...3.5 years. For reelz. I just looked back at the first time I tried it on and I fell in love with it, October 27, 2018. And I've been plagued by it ever since. It's out of stock now so I ordered it (30%) and I guess I pay the rest when it's completed. They told me to expect a 3 month wait, which is actually fine with me. That should keep me out of trouble for at least until I get the bangle. I'm excited but I'm actually not impatient for it. Mostly I just feel relieved. Maybe that's a good sign.

Hello , May I ask how many weeks you received your orders ? I just put my order 1 Row perlee RG 4 weeks ago . Thanks :kiss2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hello , May I ask how many weeks you received your orders ? I just put my order 1 Row perlee RG 4 weeks ago . Thanks :kiss2:
About a month for mine. I was also told 3 months. I think they err to telling customers the longest possible wait - I’ve never had to wait nearly as long as I was told, for anything.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I will say I've been waiting what seems like forever for a pair of rose gold pave vintage alhambra earrings. Nearly a year. I even offered to pay upfront in full but my SA won't let me, she says it won't help it arrive any faster.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you @glitterbomb :???:
I paid in full for the same pair in early May which was last month before the price hike in Europe.
Don’t expect them to come sooner anyway :cry:

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This thread gives me the itch so bad! Does anyone have or has anyone seen the byzantine bracelet?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Sooo I went to my local VCA today and I wore the rose gold SO magic guilloche necklace. I submitted my white gold perlee clover bracelet in for a repair, and I was going to submit the rose gold guilloche necklace in for authentication. My SA looked it up in the system again one last time, and this time it showed up! LOL. She thinks she typed the number in wrong before. Oh man, all that drama and turns out it is in the VCA system after all. So it is absolutely, for sure, a real piece. I am so happy to find out it is for sure authentic!

I'm going back on Wednesday to try on a white gold pave frivole Btf ring and a snowflake platinum pave ring! I will probably get one of them, just not sure which.

I also tried on the yellow gold A Cheval necklace - converted to two bracelets - again. It is definitely one of my dream pieces (but in white gold, and just the bracelet itself, not the necklace). One of these days!!!

IMG_6522.jpg

And I tried on the Palmyre necklace! Basically the same price as the A Cheval bracelet. Both are stunning in their own way! I wouldn't wear it with an outfit like this, it's definitely more of a formal wear/event piece, but wow it is gorgeous in person!
IMG_3951.jpg

It is EXTREMELY overpriced for what it is though...384 DEF / VVS diamonds for a total 39.5 carats and it's $391,000. :lol-2: The A Cheval bracelet is also very overpriced - $345,000 for 190 DEF/VVS diamonds for a total of 36.8 carats.

Last edited:

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sooo I went to my local VCA today and I wore the rose gold SO magic guilloche necklace. I submitted my white gold perlee clover bracelet in for a repair, and I was going to submit the rose gold guilloche necklace in for authentication. My SA looked it up in the system again one last time, and this time it showed up! LOL. She thinks she typed the number in wrong before. Oh man, all that drama and turns out it is in the VCA system after all. So it is absolutely, for sure, a real piece. I am so happy to find out it is for sure authentic!

I'm going back on Wednesday to try on a white gold pave frivole Btf ring and a snowflake platinum pave ring! I will probably get one of them, just not sure which.

I also tried on the yellow gold A Cheval necklace - converted to two bracelets - again. It is definitely one of my dream pieces (but in white gold, and just the bracelet itself, not the necklace). One of these days!!!

IMG_6522.jpg

And I tried on the Palmyre necklace! Basically the same price as the A Cheval bracelet. Both are stunning in their own way! I wouldn't wear it with an outfit like this, it's definitely more of a formal wear/event piece, but wow it is gorgeous in person!
IMG_3951.jpg

It is EXTREMELY overpriced for what it is though...384 DEF / VVS diamonds for a total 39.5 carats and it's $391,000. :lol-2: The A Cheval bracelet is also very overpriced - $345,000 for 190 DEF/VVS diamonds for a total of 36.8 carats.

Totally love that you are wearing these with a t shirt and shorts!

oldcutclubmember

Brilliant_Rock
Y’all, I did a thing and bought an onyx and pave vintage Alhambra bracelet today. It’s being shortened so I won’t have it until later this week but eeeek!

8612FDDD-E80A-4D56-948F-B7652D200AF7.jpeg

Love it!! It looks right at home with that stack.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Y’all, I did a thing and bought an onyx and pave vintage Alhambra bracelet today. It’s being shortened so I won’t have it until later this week but eeeek!

Yay! I looove your new addition! Your stack is TDF and fits your vibe perfectly. Enjoy!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

OMG. That’s quite a Thing to have done!! :lol: And wow, you found one in-store ready to go!?

I love your stack. My kind of edgy. I’m totally getting @LLJsmom vibes here too. Edit - just saw she already responded! It looks so good on you… I envy all of you folks who can rock high-contrast combos!! Seriously. Love it. Whatever you do in future please keep the plain signature, it ties it all together :love:

How many links are you taking out?

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

Hubba, hubba, that necklace! Talk about dream pieces of jewelry.

Are the individual diamonds bezel set?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6522.jpg

IMG_3951.jpg

Not gonna lie, I MUCH prefer the pave Frivole. It’s sweet and whimsical, the things that make VCA so special in the high jewellery world - a brand that doesn’t take itself too seriously.

But I do think VCA tends to have a bit of what I call the “pave rinse cycle” problem with a lot of their high jewellery. More diamond is not always better in my book! Not all their high jewellery. But a lot of it.

The Zip. 10/10 on blingy and creative. I think you need the Zip. :bigsmile:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Can you fabulous people tell me about the care and maintenance of white mother of pearl? (My guess is it is "medium" in terms of VCA gemstone durability -- less durable than onyx or carnelian, but more than malachite -- but I really don't know the specifics.)

I'd like to know, for example, how would I clean wmop if I were to wear say a magic pendant necklace against my skin and my skin has a little light makeup and sunscreen on it? Would that totally kill the wmop over time?

I'm pretty gentle and careful with my jewelry, never wearing it to shower in or to bed. But I do live in an area where I have to wear sunscreen whenever I leave the house, and I wear a little powdered makeup on my neck/décolletage. Does that rule out wmop for me?

Thanks!

VCA WMOP 20 motif vintage alhambra necklace.jpg

ps: I wouldn't wear this combination, it is too much going on in my opinion. I just happened to be going out to dinner with my sweetie the evening I tried on the necklace.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can you fabulous people tell me about the care and maintenance of white mother of pearl? (My guess is it is "medium" in terms of VCA gemstone durability -- less durable than onyx or carnelian, but more than malachite -- but I really don't know the specifics.)

I'd like to know, for example, how would I clean wmop if I were to wear say a magic pendant necklace against my skin and my skin has a little light makeup and sunscreen on it? Would that totally kill the wmop over time?

I'm pretty gentle and careful with my jewelry, never wearing it to shower in or to bed. But I do live in an area where I have to wear sunscreen whenever I leave the house, and I wear a little powdered makeup on my neck/décolletage. Does that rule out wmop for me?

Thanks!

Their white mother of pearl is the same nacre that white south sea pearls are made of, and the grey mother of pearl is Tahitian nacre. Same exact stuff that those types of pearl are made of - taken from the interior of the oyster shell. So however you’d take care of pearls is just fine!

And pearls aren’t terribly delicate. I tend to think those jewellery instructions are for people who really don’t have any clue how to care for fine jewellery - those who would wear it 24/7, wash dishes in it, get household cleaners and detergents all over it, do yardwork in it… IMO you’ll be just fine with your sunscreen and powder and makeup, if you wipe it down with a damp cloth when you get home. And worst case scenario you can always replace the motif. So you’ve always got that insurance policy.

Edit - Malachite really is that soft. That’s the one stone I won’t touch. I love the colour but even I, careful as I am, am not prepared for that level of caretaking!

Last edited:

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
OMG. That’s quite a Thing to have done!! :lol: And wow, you found one in-store ready to go!?

I love your stack. My kind of edgy. I’m totally getting @LLJsmom vibes here too. Edit - just saw she already responded! It looks so good on you… I envy all of you folks who can rock high-contrast combos!! Seriously. Love it. Whatever you do in future please keep the plain signature, it ties it all together :love:

How many links are you taking out?

Thank you for the kind words, @yssie ! Yes, quite a thing—especially because I also did some damage at Cartier. We have no Cartier or VCA in my state and I had been waiting patiently for this shopping trip for A LONG TIME. My husband, in related news, is a saint.

Yes, @LLJsmom has amazing taste and I have so many of her stack photos saved!

I was shocked to find the onyx/pave as well. This one was technically sold, but the amazing SA that I met was able to convince her colleague to let me have it and order another for her client. She’s taking out two links, which she said should make it 7 inches. I usually wear 7 inch bracelets and my Cartier stuff is all size 18, so that seems right. And she assured me we could adjust if it is not. I could have left it without sizing but with the pave I would prefer that it fit correctly and not flip.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the kind words, @yssie ! Yes, quite a thing—especially because I also did some damage at Cartier. We have no Cartier or VCA in my state and I had been waiting patiently for this shopping trip for A LONG TIME. My husband, in related news, is a saint.

Yes, @LLJsmom has amazing taste and I have so many of her stack photos saved!

I was shocked to find the onyx/pave as well. This one was technically sold, but the amazing SA that I met was able to convince her colleague to let me have it and order another for her client. She’s taking out two links, which she said should make it 7 inches. I usually wear 7 inch bracelets and my Cartier stuff is all size 18, so that seems right. And she assured me we could adjust if it is not. I could have left it without sizing but with the pave I would prefer that it fit correctly and not flip.

Wow. Things worked out just perfectly for you. You have a persuasive SA. And I so agree on the sizing of bracelets. They have to fit exactly how I want because the look and wearing experience are so off otherwise.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You need to go shopping out of state more often, seems like :bigsmile:

If something isn’t sized right I won’t wear it. Doesn’t matter how pretty it is. So I’m glad you decided to just deal with it then and there! It’ll me so much more satisfying to receive it brand new and nicely boxed up AND ready to wear ::)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Their white mother of pearl is the same nacre that white south sea pearls are made of, and the grey mother of pearl is Tahitian nacre. Same exact stuff that those types of pearl are made of - taken from the interior of the oyster shell. So however you’d take care of pearls is just fine!

And pearls aren’t terribly delicate. I tend to think those jewellery instructions are for people who really don’t have any clue how to care for fine jewellery - those who would wear it 24/7, wash dishes in it, get household cleaners and detergents all over it, do yardwork in it… IMO you’ll be just fine with your sunscreen and powder and makeup, if you wipe it down with a damp cloth when you get home. And worst case scenario you can always replace the motif. So you’ve always got that insurance policy.

Edit - Malachite really is that soft. That’s the one stone I won’t touch. I love the colour but even I, careful as I am, am not prepared for that level of caretaking.

Thanks Yssie.

I wear a tinted sunscreen. Do you think the pigment in the sunscreen would stain the WMOP? (I'd wipe it down after each use.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 12.13.44 PM.png

And I so agree on the sizing of bracelets. They have to fit exactly how I want because the look and wearing experience are so off otherwise.

No kidding. I wore my 5-motif guilloche outside for like, 10 minutes before taking it off. I haven't had it resized yet. So I looked like I was playing dress up with my mom's jewelry :lol-2:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
One thing you could try is find a couple cheap white pearls (freshwaters would work fine!) and coat them in your sunscreen and let them sit for a few days, then wipe them off and see if there was any colour transfer?

I have had (normal round) white pearls stained from leather colour transfer, and a friend who recently dyed her hair blue is avoiding white pearl necklaces. But I really can’t imagine light makeup that’s washed or wiped off after a few hours doing any damage at all - at least not for decades! I’m laughing because I was going to say that strong UV is known to yellow nacre - but yours would be wearing their sunscreen :bigsmile:

Thanks Yssie.

I wear a tinted sunscreen. Do you think the pigment in the sunscreen would stain the WMOP? (I'd wipe it down after each use.)

Screen Shot 2022-06-27 at 12.13.44 PM.png

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!

VCA WMOP 20 motif vintage alhambra necklace.jpg

ps: I wouldn't wear this combination, it is too much going on in my opinion. I just happened to be going out to dinner with my sweetie the evening I tried on the necklace.

This looks so beautiful on you!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
One thing you could try is find a couple cheap white pearls (freshwaters would work fine!) and coat them in your sunscreen and let them sit for a few days, then wipe them off and see if there was any colour transfer?

I have had (normal round) white pearls stained from leather colour transfer, and a friend who recently dyed her hair blue is avoiding white pearl necklaces. But I really can’t imagine light makeup that’s washed or wiped off after a few hours doing any damage at all - at least not for decades! I’m laughing because I was going to say that strong UV is known to yellow nacre - but yours would be wearing their sunscreen :bigsmile:

Brilliant idea! Thanks!

Tonks

Brilliant_Rock
You need to go shopping out of state more often, seems like :bigsmile:

If something isn’t sized right I won’t wear it. Doesn’t matter how pretty it is. So I’m glad you decided to just deal with it then and there! It’ll me so much more satisfying to receive it brand new and nicely boxed up AND ready to wear ::)

Agree—definitely need to go shopping out of state more! But now I have some great SAs and could make purchases without traveling.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results