shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks ladies :love:
I surely will post photos.
I got to admit I still went ahead with the purchase knowing S which is 16cm equivalent is a little loose while XS/14.5cm is a tad too tight. TBH JUC of 15cm fits me best.
I am not going to bring it to the grave so buying S is definitely a better choice.
Definitely better a touch loose than too tight, IMO!!
And buying a little loose gives you comfortable stacking options down the road... :halo::mrgreen:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies, an update to share :P2
I got the RG Perlee Clover in size S just now.
Photos will follow when I unbox after returning to London. We are 2days behind schedule but I guess it’s worth the wait :D:D:D

P.S. this was my very first VCA purchase, so happy :)

Congratulations can’t wait to see

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ok ladies, an update to share :P2
I got the RG Perlee Clover in size S just now.
Photos will follow when I unbox after returning to London. We are 2days behind schedule but I guess it’s worth the wait :D:D:D

P.S. this was my very first VCA purchase, so happy :)

Congratulations! Can't wait to see the pics.

Incidentally, a RG Perlee Clover was also my very first VCA purchase.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Debating the lapis rose de noel earrings. Thought about getting a cheap pair to try the colour, decided to wander the house and see if something free might work… Turns out we’ve got VCA lapis coloured paperclips :lol:

I know royal blue isn’t a great colour on me. I don’t look great in cool jewel tones in general. I can wear this blue, it’s not offensive, but I recognize that it’s also not super flattering! I’d look better in a forest green or wine red…

D809738B-2708-4E19-841D-3D9FA5C0ED8E.jpeg

1311D232-1642-4BAB-8266-CF6D94302449.jpeg

4D5134F3-46DD-49A0-BDD7-534CEDE19004.jpeg

Last edited:

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Debating the lapis rose de noel earrings. Thought about getting a cheap pair to try the colour, decided to wander the house and see if something free might work… Turns out we’ve got VCA lapis coloured paperclips :lol:

I know royal blue isn’t a great colour on me. I don’t look great in cool jewel tones in general. I can wear this blue, it’s not offensive, but I recognize that it’s also not super flattering! I’d look better in a forest green or wine red…

Rose de Noël comes in carnelian. . . . .

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rose de Noël comes in carnelian. . . . .
It does! But only in larger sizes and I need the mini size, sadly. I wish there were more mini options!

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing with a small PS group here. I joined the #VCA12weekclub. I put down a deposit on an XS single row diamond perlee bangle in WG, after hemming and hawing for...3.5 years. For reelz. I just looked back at the first time I tried it on and I fell in love with it, October 27, 2018. And I've been plagued by it ever since. It's out of stock now so I ordered it (30%) and I guess I pay the rest when it's completed. They told me to expect a 3 month wait, which is actually fine with me. That should keep me out of trouble for at least until I get the bangle. I'm excited but I'm actually not impatient for it. Mostly I just feel relieved. Maybe that's a good sign.

Attachments

• B6BA00EE-5B71-490F-9A20-37DEA7D1A62B.jpeg
    B6BA00EE-5B71-490F-9A20-37DEA7D1A62B.jpeg
    139.9 KB · Views: 36
  • EA86A9E6-6BA7-48BA-90D1-D6517DE886F4.jpeg
    EA86A9E6-6BA7-48BA-90D1-D6517DE886F4.jpeg
    168.6 KB · Views: 40

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just sharing with a small PS group here. I joined the #VCA12weekclub. I put down a deposit on an XS single row diamond perlee bangle in WG, after hemming and hawing for...3.5 years. For reelz. I just looked back at the first time I tried it on and I fell in love with it, October 27, 2018. And I've been plagued by it ever since. It's out of stock now so I ordered it (30%) and I guess I pay the rest when it's completed. They told me to expect a 3 month wait, which is actually fine with me. That should keep me out of trouble for at least until I get the bangle. I'm excited but I'm actually not impatient for it. Mostly I just feel relieved. Maybe that's a good sign.
I'm seriously SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!! You already know that you were my inspiration on this bangle - and even my husband thinks the WG signature + single row will look beyond amazing :bigsmile:

Relief... Can definitely be one manifestation of fulfillment. Something you've been wanting for so long is finally happening - no more mental debating over whether or not this one expense is "worth it", no more trying to guess "when" would be the best time to buy - decision's made and now all you've got to do is look forward to it ❤️ I can totally see this. Prob cause I pretty much operate the same way.

If I had to pick your next piece this would have been #It, and in the #clearfrontrunner kind of way :love:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm seriously SO SO SO SO excited for you!!!! You already know that you were my inspiration on this bangle - and even my husband thinks the WG signature + single row will look beyond amazing :bigsmile:

Relief... Can definitely be one manifestation of fulfillment. Something you've been wanting for so long is finally happening - no more mental debating over whether or not this one expense is "worth it", no more trying to guess "when" would be the best time to buy - decision's made and now all you've got to do is look forward to it ❤️ I can totally see this. Prob cause I pretty much operate the same way.

If I had to pick your next piece this would have been #It, and in the #clearfrontrunner kind of way :love:

Thank you. :appl: Your excitement makes me excited. And really your pics of your bangle stack are not helping. :lol: We'll see how well the mental blast door of #bigpaymentcomingup will keep me from blowing little bits here and there on stuff I'm just kinda in love with. I will need to channel all of @m-2-b 's discipline and strength.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you. :appl: Your excitement makes me excited. And really your pics of your bangle stack are not helping. :lol: We'll see how well the mental blast door of #bigpaymentcomingup will keep me from blowing little bits here and there on stuff I'm just kinda in love with. I will need to channel all of @m-2-b 's discipline and strength.
Nothing like an impending expense to help channel our inner @m-2-b :lol: And who knows, sometimes things that will supposedly take months actually just take weeks... For #awesome and #lessawesome :lol:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Congratulations it looks stunning with your existing stacks.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

The big payment coming definitely stops all impulse spending this way. I’m waiting on my Clover so I have stopped everything like I owe VCA

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium

Exciting! It looks great on you btw.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It does! But only in larger sizes and I need the mini size, sadly. I wish there were more mini options!

Can they do an SO for the mini?

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I actually think that the cobalt blue looks absolutely beautiful with your skin tone!
Love the ingenuity of subbing in a clip for the earring.:D

:dance:The single row bracelet is GORGEOUS!! So exciting that it's on it's way to you. What a lovely thing to look forward to..

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can they do an SO for the mini?
Didn’t even ask! I’ve got enough SO angst for the moment :lol: I actually specifically told my SA that I didn’t want to go the “lotta work” route to find a pair. If one was available or easily orderable, great, but if not I’ll take the sign and skip

And now, having skipped - no pangs of regret. Clearly that wasn’t a “need”. And those earrings weren’t on my wishlist. I need to stick to the wishlist!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Didn’t even ask! I’ve got enough SO angst for the moment :lol: I actually specifically told my SA that I didn’t want to go the “lotta work” route to find a pair. If one was available or easily orderable, great, but if not I’ll take the sign and skip

And now, having skipped - no pangs of regret. Clearly that wasn’t a “need”. And those earrings weren’t on my wishlist. I need to stick to the wishlist!!

Stick to the list….stick to the list. I just reminded myself of this as I all of sudden had a moment like do I want Magic Earrings. Mind you I’m not an earring girl

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Snagged this just last week. Just FYI. This was 3.78 g compared to the vintage pave Alhambra earstuds which are 4.49 g.
AC20410A-9503-4786-A8A1-1B26F1997CFD.jpeg

Hii @LLJsmom! How are you enjoying these earrings now that you’ve had them for a year? I think these may be my next purchase but haven’t located them to try them on yet. I’ve only tried on the mini version and I know Yssie mentioned her SA explained how these sit differently on the ear than Alhambra (and they look just amazing on you!!!). And I’m sure you also know how you could immediately dislike something on that you thought you would love, or fall in love with something unexpected so I’m trying to be open!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hii @LLJsmom! How are you enjoying these earrings now that you’ve had them for a year? I think these may be my next purchase but haven’t located them to try them on yet. I’ve only tried on the mini version and I know Yssie mentioned her SA explained how these sit differently on the ear than Alhambra (and they look just amazing on you!!!). And I’m sure you also know how you could immediately dislike something on that you thought you would love, or fall in love with something unexpected so I’m trying to be open!

So these earrings are a weird VCA purchase for me. I don't love them like I LOVE my sweet pave earrings, but I would NEVER let them go. They have a very easy, casual vibe and they go great with everything in my wardrobe, which is super casual. Dressing up means non-ripped jeans and combat boots. They are interesting because they are 3 dimensional, and they hang off the lobe for me a little. Honestly, I thought there was something wrong with the earrings when I first got them because of that. But (dense me), after looking at them more in the mirror, I realized they were meant to look like that. And then after more time, I even liked them like that. (I'm a little slow.)

I didn't buy them because I fell in love with them. They were pretty much a functional purchase for me. I wanted something different from and less dressy than the Alhambra motif, something bigger than the mini-frivole (not enough presence), and it checked the boxes. So I just got them without thinking a lot (unlike me) and luckily they turned out to be a great purchase. It fits the "bigger earring" size for my collection. I usually wear small earrings. And they're lighter than the vintage pave Alhambras.

Truthfully, the frivole design still looks a bit stiff, rigid to me. Like @yssie says, they are a stylized flower, and you gotta embrace it. But I guess I am a hypocrite because even though they are not my favorite VCA design, I would never let these go. They just fit a lot of my moods and juxtapose nicely with my super casual somewhat grungy wardrobe.

Sorry, kind of a overlong review. Your question got me thinking. If you're a practical kinda person and these earrings fit your vibe, I would say go for it. I would even suggest paying and having them make it for you. Trying to find anything these days is just a crap shoot.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

First time I have ever disagreed with one of your posts, @yssie - lapis blue would look fantastic on you!! i think you should go for it!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So these earrings are a weird VCA purchase for me. I don't love them like I LOVE my sweet pave earrings, but I would NEVER let them go. They have a very easy, casual vibe and they go great with everything in my wardrobe, which is super casual. Dressing up means non-ripped jeans and combat boots. They are interesting because they are 3 dimensional, and they hang off the lobe for me a little. Honestly, I thought there was something wrong with the earrings when I first got them because of that. But (dense me), after looking at them more in the mirror, I realized they were meant to look like that. And then after more time, I even liked them like that. (I'm a little slow.)

I didn't buy them because I fell in love with them. They were pretty much a functional purchase for me. I wanted something different from and less dressy than the Alhambra motif, something bigger than the mini-frivole (not enough presence), and it checked the boxes. So I just got them without thinking a lot (unlike me) and luckily they turned out to be a great purchase. It fits the "bigger earring" size for my collection. I usually wear small earrings. And they're lighter than the vintage pave Alhambras.

Truthfully, the frivole design still looks a bit stiff, rigid to me. Like @yssie says, they are a stylized flower, and you gotta embrace it. But I guess I am a hypocrite because even though they are not my favorite VCA design, I would never let these go. They just fit a lot of my moods and juxtapose nicely with my super casual somewhat grungy wardrobe.

Sorry, kind of a overlong review. Your question got me thinking. If you're a practical kinda person and these earrings fit your vibe, I would say go for it. I would even suggest paying and having them make it for you. Trying to find anything these days is just a crap shoot.

Thank you!! I really appreciate your thoughtful response and I could relate - I think frivole is beautiful and I want something non-Alhambra since all my other pieces are currently Alhambra - I am pretty practical and I definitely am casual and the plain wg seems to fit all that (which stops me from getting the pave, let’s say). I have studs but want something larger/with more presence but not over the top for day/office wear. DH keeps encouraging me to just buy them but I just want to try them on in some form or fashion before committing. It’s not because I don’t love them, it’s just how I usually operate when making a purchase. I prefer to try things on, take pics and revisit those pics a million times to obsess and make sure I want something. If I outright purchase it, I know I have a return window but it’s a lot harder (for me) to make a rational decision when the pretties are in my possession! Not trying them on also makes my “what if” radar go off lol first world problems for sure haha anyway thanks again for giving me food for thought and letting me ramble!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results