shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
It’s so funny how a visit to a boutique can totally reorient the wishlist!! I had the exact same experience… I’m at a point where I pretty much know what I want because I’ve either already tried it on, once upon a time back when inventory was a #Thing, or I just can’t get it out of my head even though I’ve never seen it :lol:

The clover bracelet completes your stack and it’s a daily-wear piece. In terms of cost per wear it eats any earrings’ lunch, handily! Totally understand (and agree with) prioritizing it!! :love:

Hah. I’m so far from any sort of VCA earrings royalty. Some friends and I were chatting about the earrings collections some of the women on the other forum have - oh my goodness!! I do love what I’ve got now though. I’ve got two SO requests out at the moment… I’m scared to say what they are for fear of the gods hearing me and declining :lol: but I think it’s safe enough to say that one of them is a pair of earrings. My last pair for a good while. The other is a ring. I’ve been warned that approval or rejection will likely take a long (long, long, long) time!

The MOP worn in alternate ways… I love that you choose pieces that suit your colouring, and that you adapt classics to suit your build ❤️ I feel like it’s easy to get caught up in what’s most popular… I have to consciously remind myself that I’m not VCA’s majority demographic here in the US, so the things that flatter so many other people might well not flatter me. And the opposite - I might look fab in pieces that most other US buyers wouldn’t be drawn to!! And same for you of course. RG is your colour, you definitely found your colour. It’s warm and soft on you. I would love to see modelling photos of tie-ing the twenty if you’ve got some you’re comfy sharing!!
Here you go. Pics in pj shirt and black tee are of the mock 20. The white is of mock 10 and 5 to make 15
B7625545-1AEB-4744-A347-4FEFC96DB51B.jpeg

Attachments

• D3771217-FBC1-4668-AAA2-B312EEC0F9D7.jpeg
    D3771217-FBC1-4668-AAA2-B312EEC0F9D7.jpeg
    168.5 KB · Views: 36
  • EBD670A2-0553-4710-B245-01E93FC89BE1.jpeg
    EBD670A2-0553-4710-B245-01E93FC89BE1.jpeg
    191.7 KB · Views: 36

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Missie I love the way it looks with your pajama top!! I also really like the way it looks tucked into your white shirt!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I just love them on you, and for me, they might fit that in between size that could work for me daily. I'm just gonna say they are going on the list for now. I keep finding stud alternatives. I don't think I'm ready for studs yet since I keep prioritizing VCA over them. I think you will really like the small frivole size.

Aww; thank you, @LLJsmom! They truly are beautiful, and I bet they would look amazing on you! I probably need to take a step back and figure out which earrings complement my other pieces the best. The small polished Frivoles are a great suggestion and they appeal to me on so many fronts... they are versatile and classic, not too fussy, and a great size... and they are a heck of a lot easier on the wallet than some of my other temptations! Definitely a frontrunner. I am hoping to SO a pair of sweet Alhambra studs in wg/onyx at some point as well, but I am happy to wait that out... in some ways the suspense is part of the fun! I can't wait to see where you land in your earrings quest!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Missie I love the way it looks with your pajama top!! I also really like the way it looks tucked into your white shirt!

I must admit the 10 and 5 are my favorite right now. I am planning to get 1 10 rg mop next year to combine with existing 5 and wear like this. It’s now got me thinking maybe 2nd 10 should be GMOP so I can do the same with that stone. Now I confused lol

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You’re the sweetest ❤️ And sounds like WG would be #justright for you!! :bigsmile:

I’m kind of a collector. Surprise? :lol: With VCA… Because there aren’t that many options, at least if you stay with standard stock - which do I hugely prefer to do - it’s almost worse because “getting everything” within a collection isn’t completely outrageous. I mean - it’s totally completely outrageous - but the devil on my shoulder goes on and on about finishing a set… I really need some paranormal duct tape to shut him up!!

For you… You have not one, but TWO pairs of large precision-cut studs. I’m honestly struggling to top that!! That’s just so rare, the #collector part of me is salivating at the thought, and I don’t really know what to do with the knowledge that nothing you get from VCA can compare in terms of uniqueness and specialty. Okay, this might be a touch too much insight into the way my brain works :lol: I think you have to go very different. Very very very different. Even in terms of shape - nothing round, nothing with a round outline, nothing with obvious radial symmetry. The Frivole work because the three petals breaks every symmetry rule there is… That stylized representation of a flower. For you, I don’t even like Cosmos, because it’s a more “rounded” outline, with those four petals, and more (radially) symmetric. Frivole works perfectly. Or if you do jewellery with stylized fauna - you’ve got other options too, especially since you can wear the on-the-ear clip style well!!

Here’s one I actually love - Socrate three flower. Less “fresh bouquet of blooms” than the three flower Frivole, just as whimsical as the single flower Frivole, and WG with diamonds, and lots of negative space ❤️ So pricey though!! ;(

Aww; thank you, @yssie! ❤️ These are amazing insights... y'know, I hadn't thought about it in this way, but you are absolutely right! I need to go very, very different, and the asymmetry aspect is an integral aspect that will serve to balance out my collection. This is such an epiphany for me, kind of a "mind blown" eureka moment! (I also totally love the irony that asymmetry is needed in order to restore balance here... :lol: But in this case, asymmetry is precisely what I need!) I am loving the small polished Frivole earrings more and more... those are a strong contender! And oh my gosh, the Socrate three flower earrings are just out of this world! :love: Definitely a chunk of change for those, but they are beyond gorgeous... by any chance have you ever seen the Socrate three flower earrings in person?

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts, which are spot on as always! You, @diamondseeker2006, and @LLJsmom have all given me some much needed clarity, and I'm grateful to be able to solicit advice from jewelry connoisseurs who "get" me and my crazy bling quandaries!

And I feel you on the collector thing... I keep finding myself in that camp as well, in part because I really love to mix and match. I am content with what I have and I am definitely becoming considerably more discerning and selective as I go, so that part is good, but let's just say that I could use some of that cosmic paranormal duct tape to silence the internal ponderings at times, too... so if you find any, let me know! :lol: And thank you again!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here you go. Pics in pj shirt and black tee are of the mock 20. The white is of mock 10 and 5 to make 15
If I saw you IRL you better believe I'd be doubling back to stare at your jewel tie. Which will probably look like I'm gawking at your chest. I might remember to explain - I might not. Just a heads up. :bigsmile:
LOVE love love love the 10+5!!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
If I saw you IRL you better believe I'd be doubling back to stare at your jewel tie. Which will probably look like I'm gawking at your chest. I might remember to explain - I might not. Just a heads up. :bigsmile:
LOVE love love love the 10+5!!!

It’s the absolute best combo ever. I wouldn’t mind as I’m guilty of peeking when I see fabulous pieces in the wild

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So my Signature bangle comes in tomorrow. That's 3/4 of my dream Perlee stack... Lucky last will be the d'Or, which will have to be MTO because VCA doesn't stock those in size S for who knows what reason. Once that's ordered - well, that's about it for me for a good long time! If my SOs are approved that'll be where my pennies and kidneys go, if not I plan to dump those "savings" into the Eventual Engagement Ring Upgrade fund.

Work has been so crazy lately... I'm honestly not even excited about it, really. I hope I'll feel differently when it arrives tomorrow!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lookie what was waiting for me last night... :bigsmile:
Yeah, I finally got excited :bigsmile:

1A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

1B copy.png

Attachments

• 1B.png
    1B.png
    932.1 KB · Views: 23
  • 1A.png
    1A.png
    894.3 KB · Views: 17

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today in the daylight I learnt that I LOVE the Signature with letterwood.
The loosey goosey oh-so-effortless double-wrapped letterwood draped over the structured bangle... The bangle is just wide enough to hold its own, but not so wide that it's overwhelming...
At one point I was thinking I might like the Sweet RG 6-motif to go with the letterwood. Glad I held off, this is just perfection, to me ❤️

2A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

2B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

2C copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Old perspective pic of just the letterwood ::)

2D copy.png

Attachments

• 2C.png
    2C.png
    810 KB · Views: 23
  • 2B.png
    2B.png
    728.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 2A.png
    2A.png
    801.7 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This bangle combo WORKS. :love:
The width difference is just enough to not look like it's trying to be symmetric. It feels very refined in-person... Refined and demure. Perfect to offset a little black dress that's maybe just a hair too short, or strappy heels that are maybe just a touch too high :halo:

But today y'all got polka dotted pants and Uggs, and envisioning those more-appropriate outfits is left as an exercise for the reader :lol:

3A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

3B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

3C copy.png

I actually think this duo would be ideal in WG. Both pieces are so classic and traditional, they feel like such staples. But in RG you really see the diamonds and the metal as distinct components. WG would take the focus away from #DiamondsInMetal, I think, so all you'd see is the overall effect - which is kind of all that I *want* to see with this combo!!

Attachments

• 3C.png
    3C.png
    937.5 KB · Views: 15
  • 3B.png
    3B.png
    801.5 KB · Views: 12
  • 3A.png
    3A.png
    888.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This trio... Does not work. In any order. I told some friends last night that it irritates my sense of balance. I really need at least one d'Or to un-monotonize it!!
But hey, stacking pics just for the heck of it ::)

The Clover is still my favourite, individually. I can see myself wearing Clover, d'Or, and single row a *lot* :bigsmile:

4A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4C copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4D copy.png

Attachments

• 4A.png
    4A.png
    891.6 KB · Views: 27
  • 4D.png
    4D.png
    837 KB · Views: 23
  • 4C.png
    4C.png
    830 KB · Views: 23
  • 4B.png
    4B.png
    863.2 KB · Views: 25
Last edited:
This trio... Does not work. In any order. I told some friends last night that it irritates my sense of balance. I really need at least one d'Or to un-monotonize it!!

The Clover is still my favourite, individually. I can see myself wearing Clover, d'Or, and single row a *lot* :bigsmile:

4A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4C copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4D copy.png

What a gorgeous, gorgeous bangle and stack! I am not always a huge fan of stacking but imo it works, though I know you said you don’t think it does. I like how you’ve worn it with the signature closest to your palm and the clover in the back, and the single row pave in between. The stack without the clover works really well too. I think how many bracelets you wear depends on how much you want to dress up.

If it’s too matchy-matchy for you, I think it would also look lovely with a tennis bracelet in between instead of the single row.

Imo it actually works better than the stack with the letterwood, though that looks really lovely too! I just personally like stacking structured bracelets together and drapey bracelets together, and not mix the two. I do see why you like the two mixed together though, looks great in the pic.

All this is to say, the signature is a wonderfully versatile bangle, it looks lovely on your wrist, and now I want one :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a gorgeous, gorgeous bangle and stack! I am not always a huge fan of stacking but imo it works, though I know you said you don’t think it does. I like how you’ve worn it with the signature closest to your palm and the clover in the back, and the single row pave in between. The stack without the clover works really well too. I think how many bracelets you wear depends on how much you want to dress up.

If it’s too matchy-matchy for you, I think it would also look lovely with a tennis bracelet in between instead of the single row.

Imo it actually works better than the stack with the letterwood, though that looks really lovely too! I just personally like stacking structured bracelets together and drapey bracelets together, and not mix the two. I do see why you like the two mixed together though, looks great in the pic.

All this is to say, the signature is a wonderfully versatile bangle, it looks lovely on your wrist, and now I want one :lol:

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain Thank you!! ❤️

So for me... The set of three is just too much BangleBangleBangle I think! :lol: The three are similar but different - not quite similar enough to actually match, but also not quite different enough to look deliberately mismatched, if you know what I mean? This is the last bangle that I want (you'll probably recognize it, I've got a 22k YG bangle from my great grandmother that's basically the same pattern :bigsmile:) - it's a stacker piece through and through, but it'll be perfect to visually break things up a bit!
https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e.../vcaro7a700---perlee-perles-dor-bracelet.html

1647062068272.png

The double-wrapped chain "bracelet" with the structured bangle is totally a #LookThatLies!! :lol: It looks effortless, but the reality of rescuing the motifs when they get caught under the bangle - which is about once every thirty seconds - is, um, less-effortless :lol: But I really do LOVE the look ❤️ So I'll deal with the impracticality of it - as often as I can without risking real damage to the letterwood!!

I weighed them all earlier - the Signature is ~18g, the Clover is ~33g, and the single row diamond is ~23g. They're all quite substantial! I did have some hesitations about the brand engraving on the Signature but it's really very subtle IRL, it looks more like a swirl pattern than actual words. @LLJsmom said that too, back when she got hers. For anyone who shares that hesitation - definitely not something to be turned off by unless it's not mind-clean! ::)

So... yeah, I've gone Perlee mad lately, but OMG I just love everything about this collection!! The bangles are SO well thought out - the beaded edges are protective and strong, the different styles are made to complement each other, the latch and hinge mechanics are sturdy and unobtrusive :appl: I totally want everyone who likes bangles to go forth and Perlee :lol: :love:

@AllAboardTheBlingTrain Thank you!! ❤️

So for me... The set of three is just too much BangleBangleBangle I think! :lol: The three are similar but different - not quite similar enough to actually match, but also not quite different enough to look deliberately mismatched, if you know what I mean? This is the last bangle that I want (you'll probably recognize it, I've got a 22k YG bangle from my great grandmother that's basically the same pattern :bigsmile:) - it's a stacker piece through and through, but it'll be perfect to visually break things up a bit!
https://www.vancleefarpels.com/us/e.../vcaro7a700---perlee-perles-dor-bracelet.html

1647062068272.png

The double-wrapped chain "bracelet" with the structured bangle is totally a #LookThatLies!! :lol: It looks effortless, but the reality of rescuing the motifs when they get caught under the bangle - which is about once every thirty seconds - is, um, less-effortless :lol: But I really do LOVE the look ❤️ So I'll deal with the impracticality of it - as often as I can without risking real damage to the letterwood!!

I weighed them all earlier - the Signature is ~18g, the Clover is ~33g, and the single row diamond is ~23g. They're all quite substantial! I did have some hesitations about the brand engraving on the Signature but it's really very subtle IRL, it looks more like a swirl pattern than actual words. @LLJsmom said that too, back when she got hers. For anyone who shares that hesitation - definitely not something to be turned off by unless it's not mind-clean! ::)

So... yeah, I've gone Perlee mad lately, but OMG I just love everything about this collection!! The bangles are SO well thought out - the beaded edges are protective and strong, the different styles are made to complement each other, the latch and hinge mechanics are sturdy and unobtrusive :appl: I totally want everyone who likes bangles to go forth and Perlee :lol: :love:

Omg that stacker bangle looks so much like one of the churis my mom occasionally pulls out for pujas :D I’m going to call it the bubble bracelet because that’s what I call mom’s bubble churis!

You know if you wanted, you could get two of them, wear it as signature-bubble-pave-bubble-perlee, and basically do a VCA kada stack! And absolutely slay everyone when you wear it with a sari :D I find the asymmetrical stacking (both in terms of the bracelets being complimentary but not exact matches; and all on one wrist as opposed to spread across both wrists) looks amazing and so modern. I can see that it doesn’t work with western wear as much, because people don’t tend to cover that much of their wrists, but I think for a formal event it still would - it’ll serve almost like a cuff.

Personally, I like my jewelry as substantial as it gets. Im sure you relate, as an Indian - bigger and bolder is always better!! So I will always push for the big and bold “more is more” approach :lol:

In terms of stacking the letterwood and the signature bracelet; would it help if you wore the letterwood closer to your palm and the signature further back, in terms of protecting the motifs?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
@yssie what a dream collection! I had been wondering if you were sticking with rose gold. They’re all gorgeous! I agree that the letter wood looks fabulous stacked with the signature, and I had been wondering how much ‘slipping under’ would go on. Together the bracelets look lovely and elegant. I need to see/try on the signature some day. I appreciate that you and Lljsmom have both said that the engraving is rather subtle.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Today in the daylight I learnt that I LOVE the Signature with letterwood.
The loosey goosey oh-so-effortless double-wrapped letterwood draped over the structured bangle... The bangle is just wide enough to hold its own, but not so wide that it's overwhelming...
At one point I was thinking I might like the Sweet RG 6-motif to go with the letterwood. Glad I held off, this is just perfection, to me ❤️

2A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

2B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

2C copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

Old perspective pic of just the letterwood ::)

2D copy.png

I love your new addition! You now have a dream stack for sure! I like the bangles broken up with the letterwood too - they rhyme in just the right way.

Did you see that TheRealReal has a 20 motif letterwood? I know you are finished with your stack, and you don't wear necklaces, but thought I'd mention it just in case. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous new addition!

PS: will you tell us more about what ring combo you are wearing or plan to wear with your bracelets? I see some in your photos, but only get glimpses of them.

eh613c

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@yssie I love the wrist stack. I agree that the d’Or will break the “bangle” look. I’m waiting for my Clover and from the pictures you’ve posted, it’s definitely versatile. You mentioned before that the bangles may not sit perfectly stacked because of the side hinge. Now that you have these 3, how do you feel?

Also, before LT went down I believe Nicole from the other forum is selling her d’Or. Unfortunately I don’t recall if it’s YG or RG. She’s great, I bought a 5 motif Agate bracelet from her.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

4A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4B copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4C copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

4D copy.png

Now I’m the one staring at your wrist in the word. This is utterly fabulous. The letterwood and diamond give this such pop. It’s amazing I’m excited for you omg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg that stacker bangle looks so much like one of the churis my mom occasionally pulls out for pujas :D I’m going to call it the bubble bracelet because that’s what I call mom’s bubble churis!

You know if you wanted, you could get two of them, wear it as signature-bubble-pave-bubble-perlee, and basically do a VCA kada stack! And absolutely slay everyone when you wear it with a sari :D I find the asymmetrical stacking (both in terms of the bracelets being complimentary but not exact matches; and all on one wrist as opposed to spread across both wrists) looks amazing and so modern. I can see that it doesn’t work with western wear as much, because people don’t tend to cover that much of their wrists, but I think for a formal event it still would - it’ll serve almost like a cuff.

Personally, I like my jewelry as substantial as it gets. Im sure you relate, as an Indian - bigger and bolder is always better!! So I will always push for the big and bold “more is more” approach :lol:

In terms of stacking the letterwood and the signature bracelet; would it help if you wore the letterwood closer to your palm and the signature further back, in terms of protecting the motifs?
I used to be allllll about #dainty!! And then I hit thirty and that switch flipped right over :lol:

So here’s a bit of ridiculousness - a few years ago all the Perlee bangles came in three sizes: S, M, and L. I think it was 2018 when they introduced the single row diamond and the d’Or - and at the same time they bumped the old size S down to XS, and added a new size between now-XS and M - the new S. And now they offer all the Perlee bangles in all four sizes except the d’Or, which is available only in XS, M, and L. For who knows what reasons.

And of course I need a S. So that’s got to be made to order - which means waiting however many months. My SA commented that the NYC sales team has joked about ordering a handful of those in S just so that they’ve got them on hand to sell, because it’s such a popular size!!

In terms of cost - they're not pricey but they’re also not inexpensive. I did actually think about getting two but I’m going to start with one and see how I feel. I can always get a second later!

My dream stack belongs to eternallove4bag on the other forum - I assume it’s okay to share one of her photos here? Stack goals, sigh :love:
496FBF81-DB13-4600-9E1D-155DD4C5B927.jpeg

The letterwood ends up palm-side!! A little jostling and it slides right over the bangle - it’s pretty loose on me. I might get it shortened a touch more at some point. Those photos were the “before, and holding very very still” sort - confession time :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie what a dream collection! I had been wondering if you were sticking with rose gold. They’re all gorgeous! I agree that the letter wood looks fabulous stacked with the signature, and I had been wondering how much ‘slipping under’ would go on. Together the bracelets look lovely and elegant. I need to see/try on the signature some day. I appreciate that you and Lljsmom have both said that the engraving is rather subtle.
Thank you so much!! I know this is just a small addition but it’s been on the wishlist for a long time. I actually bought this same Signature in RG many years ago, before they introduced the new S size - returned it because it was too big though. I think there might be old photos in this thread somewhere! So… This particular bangle has been a long time coming ❤️

The letterwood… I’ve got some custom pieces that are genuinely irreplaceable. Those, I think of as “art that happens to be wearable”, and I treat them that way. But my brain just cannot put a handful of wood cutouts in the same category of #special! I really need to feel good about wearing the letterwood to not feel bad about buying it… So my brain and my gut have some work to do still, to reconcile the reality that wear == damage. Talk about first world problems LOL.

- - - - -

I love your new addition! You now have a dream stack for sure! I like the bangles broken up with the letterwood too - they rhyme in just the right way.

Did you see that TheRealReal has a 20 motif letterwood? I know you are finished with your stack, and you don't wear necklaces, but thought I'd mention it just in case. :)

Enjoy your gorgeous new addition!

PS: will you tell us more about what ring combo you are wearing or plan to wear with your bracelets? I see some in your photos, but only get glimpses of them.
Thank you so much ❤️ Y’know I kind of realized belatedly yesterday - hey, I’m three-quarters of the way to my dream bangle stack!! And I’m three-quarters of the way to actually finishing my very first VCA set!! I remember that when I first talked with my SA I told her that I wanted help corralling my admittedly-haphazard ‘collection’ into something more cohesive. She said something to the effect of “some people are set people, other people are free spirits”… She wasn’t wrong, that collection is no less haphazard now :lol:

But every piece makes me happy and that’s the most important thing ❤️ I do want to try to be more adventurous with styling. I tend to group things into mental buckets and I shy from deviating from those mental buckets - need to coax the conscience out of this jewel gerrymandering. The rings… I think that was a band stack - so that’d have been Tiffany Cobblestone in RG, VCA Pearls of Gold in WG, and two plain RG bands (one rounded and one pipe cut).

Okay. And what I just did there, that’s EXACTLY what I mean. I didn’t need to even look at the photos - I just remembered RG stack and that was enough to rattle off exactly what I’d have worn. I could tell you the order I wore them in, too. OMG, I want to be less predictable than this!! :eek-2: I loved your collection photos. The ones you shared in your 2021 thread. Seeing all your pieces laid out, I felt like I both understood your general style and could easily envision mixing and matching to create totally different looks. I need to go through that same exercise for myself.

I did see that twenty! And I was tempted despite the whole no-necklace thing… But I’m going to be good this year. No purchases that aren’t on the wishlist. And a second rule, because I have questionable self control: No adding to the wishlist willy-nilly! Ask me how I’m doing in April :lol:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie I love the wrist stack. I agree that the d’Or will break the “bangle” look. I’m waiting for my Clover and from the pictures you’ve posted, it’s definitely versatile. You mentioned before that the bangles may not sit perfectly stacked because of the side hinge. Now that you have these 3, how do you feel?

Also, before LT went down I believe Nicole from the other forum is selling her d’Or. Unfortunately I don’t recall if it’s YG or RG. She’s great, I bought a 5 motif Agate bracelet from her.

Congrats on your Clover!!! That one’s still my absolute favourite :love: What metal did you pick? :appl:

I fell in love with that bangle the moment I saw it, at one of the Vegas boutiques probably a decade ago now, but back then I wasn’t in any position to actually purchase something like that - just the stuff of fantasies! Sometimes I’m still taken aback by the fact that I actually own… What I own… And the knowledge that my younger self would be SO jealous of me :lol:

Thank you for the LT heads up!! Oh wow. So - I’m super tempted to reach out and ask about colour and size. Not gonna lie. BUT… I think I should buy this piece direct from the boutique even if that means waiting a few months ;( I feel like pieces with complicated mechanical parts like hinges and latches, they’ll inevitably need repairs in future, and my SA has been wonderful about zero-questions zero-cost repairs - buying direct from VCA is my best chance of that continuing to be the case! If this was a chain bracelet or something without mechanics, though - yeah I’ll take some preloved savings please and thank you :bigsmile:

The clasp situation created some angst. I realize I’m one of probably ten people total who would even think to angst about this. :lol: But I think I’ve got it figured out. The single row diamond has a different latch than the Signature and Clover - it protrudes less. So if I put that bangle in the middle, and wear the other two so that their latches are on the outside of the stack, everything’s as flush as it’s ever going to get… I’m hoping the latch on the d’Or is inset like the single row -

0662AB61-F1EB-4AC1-B7AB-DFF9AF0E44AF.jpeg

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie Your clover bangle is just TDF, and your bracelet stack plans are #goals

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You have me now doubting the wg clover. This is utter perfection. Is the new ring upgrade in rg metal or wg metal that your planning?

NO. OMG. Don’t doubt the Clover!! You need the Clover. You definitely need the clover. It will go so nicely with your stack of RG Alhambra. I’m curious if you end up stacking it with your Sweet Perlee! :love:

Oh the ring upgrade won’t be for a year or more - that’s a long way off. Mostly because it’ll be a huge pain in the backside. I’ll need to get a stone custom cut - my favourite RB flavour is apparently no one else’s preference LOL. And I just really don’t want to deal with a PITA jewellery project right now :eek-2: I do know for sure that when I get that stone it’ll go to Erika Winters for a new Margot just like my current ❤️

I used to be allllll about #dainty!! And then I hit thirty and that switch flipped right over :lol:

So here’s a bit of ridiculousness - a few years ago all the Perlee bangles came in three sizes: S, M, and L. I think it was 2018 when they introduced the single row diamond and the d’Or - and at the same time they bumped the old size S down to XS, and added a new size between now-XS and M - the new S. And now they offer all the Perlee bangles in all four sizes except the d’Or, which is available only in XS, M, and L. For who knows what reasons.

And of course I need a S. So that’s got to be made to order - which means waiting however many months. My SA commented that the NYC sales team has joked about ordering a handful of those in S just so that they’ve got them on hand to sell, because it’s such a popular size!!

In terms of cost - they're not pricey but they’re also not inexpensive. I did actually think about getting two but I’m going to start with one and see how I feel. I can always get a second later!

My dream stack belongs to eternallove4bag on the other forum - I assume it’s okay to share one of her photos here? Stack goals, sigh :love:
496FBF81-DB13-4600-9E1D-155DD4C5B927.jpeg

The letterwood ends up palm-side!! A little jostling and it slides right over the bangle - it’s pretty loose on me. I might get it shortened a touch more at some point. Those photos were the “before, and holding very very still” sort - confession time :lol:

I never knew that about the size! I’ve tried on a friend’s Perlee clover (size S) before, and my wrist is a fairly standard size. S fit me like a glove, so I agree that the S would be the most popular… so it’s ridiculous that d’Or (which is the proper name for bubble I suppose) doesn’t come in S!

The stack pic you posted is lovely. The d’Or really does help the transition between bracelets. I see why you wanted the d’Or, but, until you get it, let me reassure you that you can stack all 3 you have as well and it will look gorgeous :D

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results