shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Coincidence? More like you ooze style without even trying! I aspire to your whole vibe @LLJsmom !

Just mesmerizing, that color on you. Seriously, it’s like I can’t look away! Excited to see how it looks with your WG Alhambra!
Thank you @MiniMinerva . So sweet of you. I do my best with my casual hoodie/VCA style. It's not for everyone. I sometimes think some VCA peeps think hoodies with VCA is sacrilige but I have limited wardrobe options.

I keep going back to this.... this picture is dangerous. I just got a new diamond and if I tell my husband I want something else, I might not last very long around here lol. Those bracelets are TO DIE FOR!
Thank you @upgradingmama . Practically all VCA is dangerous. :lol: and FYI. Your pic of the MOP butterflies has given me some seriously dangerous ideas. More later...

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Can’t wait!!! Please post pics of the mini lotus. Can you post pics of your vintage earrings? Would love to see.

@LLJsmom, I will definitely post the mini Lotus earrings once they arrive! I have no idea if they will be right for me, but I do like their overall aesthetic, and trying them out will cure my curiosity at least! In the meantime, here are a few photos of the vintage Alhambra earrings (my apologies; I am abysmal at taking ear shots, but this will give you some idea of perspective/presence). I don't usually prop my hair behind my ear like this; just did it to get an unobstructed view of the earrings. I really do love them!

IMG_8885 (cropped).JPG IMG_8883 (cropped).JPG

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I was meaning the small Frivole in the polished white gold with a little diamond in the center. As much as I love pave Frivole, I couldn't justify pave vintage Alhambra and pave Frivole. As it is, I don't wear the pave VA very often! The small Frivole still look fairly small to me. You do have to position the clips the same on both ears so they sit right. But see how you feel about the mini Lotus and then maybe you'll have another chance to try Frivole later! Oh, and you are so sweet! I am surrounded by lovely PSers with the most wonderful taste, including you!

Oh, I love the small polished white gold Frivoles! I have not yet tried them, but I love seeing them on others here and they seem really versatile. My only concern is the fingerprint factor, but that is such a first world problem that I could easily look past it! And I agree with you; I would have a tough time justifying pave small Frivole in addition to pave vintage Alhambra... the price point of the polished small Frivoles is definitely more palatable, too! So anyway, I will keep those in mind! Your impeccable taste and beautiful, classic pieces are such an inspiration to me!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This picture is awful and very cropped for privacy, but here I am trying on a 10 motif chalcedony/white gold necklace. Looks odd with my heart necklace, but in any event I think it should be a touch longer on me. Or maybe I should just go for the 20!! Opinions?? Thank you.

10 v. 20 is such a person specific thing. I have a thing about long necklaces. I feel like they drag me down, but I'm only 5'2 so most long necklaces go down to my navel and 20s don't go with hoodies. I would say both would look good on you, but what would you wear more? Maybe you can wear a 20 doubled. Or if you like the 10, you can have them lengthen it by a little.

I'm loving your idea of MOP butterflies btw. I don't have any MOP earrings yet, and I think I've stayed away because somehow they don't feel sufficiently special, although if I had a pair I might change my mind. However, I do LOVE that butterfly... In fact I may need to put that on my list. I can see myself reaching for them a lot. I might get them in place of WSS.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@LLJsmom, I will definitely post the mini Lotus earrings once they arrive! I have no idea if they will be right for me, but I do like their overall aesthetic, and trying them out will cure my curiosity at least! In the meantime, here are a few photos of the vintage Alhambra earrings (my apologies; I am abysmal at taking ear shots, but this will give you some idea of perspective/presence). I don't usually prop my hair behind my ear like this; just did it to get an unobstructed view of the earrings. I really do love them!

Aren't they sooooooo pretty?! I knew you would love them. They look so great on you. And they feel like they could go with anything, KWIM? Bright, substantial, bold, and feminine but not fussy. I love them. :kiss2: Congratulations!!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you @MiniMinerva . So sweet of you. I do my best with my casual hoodie/VCA style. It's not for everyone. I sometimes think some VCA peeps think hoodies with VCA is sacrilige but I have limited wardrobe options.

Thank you @upgradingmama . Practically all VCA is dangerous. :lol: and FYI. Your pic of the MOP butterflies has given me some seriously dangerous ideas. More later...

Ha! Can’t wait to see…

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I love the small polished white gold Frivoles! I have not yet tried them, but I love seeing them on others here and they seem really versatile. My only concern is the fingerprint factor, but that is such a first world problem that I could easily look past it! And I agree with you; I would have a tough time justifying pave small Frivole in addition to pave vintage Alhambra... the price point of the polished small Frivoles is definitely more palatable, too! So anyway, I will keep those in mind! Your impeccable taste and beautiful, classic pieces are such an inspiration to me!

Lots of posts to catch up on today!

You are so sweet! I would say the exact same about you!!! :kiss2: I think we have similar taste in jewelry!

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Oooh. That *is* excellent timing!! I'm VERY interested in your thoughts - the mini Lotus definitely satisfies the "in between Sweet and Vintage" requirement, I agree! I think the small size Frivole do as well, but if you're also looking for something that doesn't scream Van Cleef & Arpels... Frivole, um, does!

Please share tons of photos when you get them!!

As an aside - I love that we all have different tastes! So thank you for not taking objection to my hesitations earlier! What's not quite right for me, or what I question in my perceptions of others - might be just perfect in someone else's eyes ❤️ I'm confident you'll know if these are the earrings for you the moment you put them on :appl:

Aww, I appreciate your candor and sage advice so much, @yssie! You and so many others here have helped me navigate so many quandaries over the years, and the collective wisdom in this community has pointed me toward selections that I absolutely adore! You make a lot of excellent points about the Lotus earrings, and from a price-per-carat perspective almost any of the other options makes more sense! It's just that nagging curiosity, though, y'know? I just need to see them IRL so I can put that to rest, and I am sure I will have a definitive verdict right away! Regardless, I will keep you posted!

And I agree with you totally; variety is the spice of life, and I love that we all share an appreciation of beauty, quality, and craftsmanship, but that this appreciation manifests itself in such unique, idiosyncratic ways. We should all feel free to love and express themselves authentically, with bling and in life in general! So thank you for sharing your insights, as always! You have such a keen eye for nuance and balance (as evidenced by your quintessential pearl selections!), and I am still in awe of your gorgeous Rose de Noels... they are just jaw-droppingly stunning on you! So please feel free to keep any and all advice coming, as I am always more than happy to accept it!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@upgradingmama your post of the butterflies reminded me of the time I tried on the pave pair. But I wouldn’t go with pave on these. Feels like MOP is more suited to the delicate and graceful beauty of the butterflies. I’ve never tried the MOP pair though.

Attachments

• 436D1900-961C-4A7E-8ED1-82CD5FE2C0E4.jpeg
    436D1900-961C-4A7E-8ED1-82CD5FE2C0E4.jpeg
    188 KB · Views: 40

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry, the pictures came out weird. I really love the two butterfly earrings, but have never seen them on a real person (vs the website). I also cant decide between the 10 or the 20 motif rose gold necklace, and is it too matchy-matchy with my 5 motif bracelet?? I would get either necklace lengthened an inch if possible anyway, since they fall a little too short on me. I will try to find a try on picture to show what I mean, ha ha.

No, I think a rose gold 10 or 20 is great if you already have a 5 motif bracelet. I like to wear two matching pieces at a time.
This picture is awful and very cropped for privacy, but here I am trying on a 10 motif chalcedony/white gold necklace. Looks odd with my heart necklace, but in any event I think it should be a touch longer on me. Or maybe I should just go for the 20!! Opinions?? Thank you.
You can have the 10 lengthened if you want (or use an extender). However, I'd personally rather have a 20 as I like long necklaces and pendants, and you can still wear them short doubled. I would love to have one 20 motif, but I can't quite decide what it should be!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@upgradingmama your post of the butterflies reminded me of the time I tried on the pave pair. But I wouldn’t go with pave on these. Feels like MOP is more suited to the delicate and graceful beauty of the butterflies. I’ve never tried the MOP pair though.
View attachment 876223

Agree! The butterflies just seem so happy :) my husband has officially told me I’m on probation

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
Oh, I love the small polished white gold Frivoles! I have not yet tried them, but I love seeing them on others here and they seem really versatile. My only concern is the fingerprint factor
I have the small polished WG Frivole earclips also and LOVE them! The polished model really highlights their dimensional origami-esque construction, which gives them a hint of playfulness that I have found easy to dress up or down. The mirror-shine attracts more compliments than fingerprints, especially if you try holding the front of the earring with a microfiber cloth when putting them on!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Hello RWS!!

I am considering the following, but the prices.... aaarrrgghhh! So not really sure but we will see how I do on NOT spending on other things, lol.
IMG_3500.jpeg

I absolutely love these. I have on my list a pair of butterfly earrings as well. Have you tried these particular pair on?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
So the one thing about the Two Butterfly earrings... They're made like the small size Frivole, in that they're designed to sit *on* the earlobe rather than half-on-half-under. So for folks like me, with higher piercings and fleshier lobes, they may not look so great on the ear - that's why I personally chose Cosmos rather than Frivole. And I can't wear the Two Butterfly earrings well either!

Just a heads up that if your lobes aren't thinner and your piercings aren't pretty low, you definitely want to try them on before you commit (or buy online so you can return)!!
I’m on hunt for pair of butterfly earrings and I should have know that our earring guru had tried these on. I hope have them in boutique for me to try on.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You’re such a sweetheart @carbonfan ❤️

Your Alhambra are beautiful on you. Truly. They look ethereal in your ears. I can’t wait to see what you think of the Lotus!! :bigsmile: :appl: :love:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
10 v. 20 is such a person specific thing. I have a thing about long necklaces. I feel like they drag me down, but I'm only 5'2 so most long necklaces go down to my navel and 20s don't go with hoodies. I would say both would look good on you, but what would you wear more? Maybe you can wear a 20 doubled. Or if you like the 10, you can have them lengthen it by a little.

I'm loving your idea of MOP butterflies btw. I don't have any MOP earrings yet, and I think I've stayed away because somehow they don't feel sufficiently special, although if I had a pair I might change my mind. However, I do LOVE that butterfly... In fact I may need to put that on my list. I can see myself reaching for them a lot. I might get them in place of WSS.

I feel a need of a try-on trip soon, lol. I really want to see the MOP butterflies in person! I am a little obsessed with them.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I absolutely love these. I have on my list a pair of butterfly earrings as well. Have you tried these particular pair on?

No, not yet! I haven't seen them in person at all. I cant wait to try them though!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
There is definitely truth to that. Clearly coming from a pro!!
I once told my husband I was just buying something small.
I mean, it was true… It was small… That worked exactly once :lol:

DorotheaBrooke

Brilliant_Rock

These are beautiful on you!

Wow, these earrings are much bigger than I imagined based on the photos of the earrings alone! I agree that the MOP is ideal for the design.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
Hi Ladies so I flew into Houston this weekend and had a marvelous time at the boutique. As luck would have it I was able to try on 2 10 motifs in my combo of rg mop. A SA had her personal ones on and her personal Perlee Clover in Wg. I totally loved the 20 motif in this combination. So versatile and very chic. . In the past I had dismissed the Alhambra earrings as they felt matronly and the sweets didn’t work on me. Boy was I wrong. The star of the show was the amazing diamond butterflies I was able to try on. They were absolute perfection. That sat perfectly on my ear and my heart just fluttered. My SA was amazing as I now had three pieces I loved so we prioritized them . I left deposit for the wg Perlee Clover as it was the piece that made most sense to get now. The butterflies I will be getting next as I absolutely must have them. OMG they were to die for. Then I will order 1 10 motif to start as I already 5 in that combo . A67A6E1A-8010-465C-BCF0-3244F41C3639.jpeg 2B4407CC-18D0-4229-AFC8-6B7D653E9145.jpeg

Attachments

• AD21ECA9-36F8-47C6-8312-0D70E4649483.png
    AD21ECA9-36F8-47C6-8312-0D70E4649483.png
    934.5 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ladies so I flew into Houston this weekend and had a marvelous time at the boutique. As luck would have it I was able to try on 2 10 motifs in my combo of rg mop. A SA had her personal ones on and her personal Perlee Clover in Wg. I totally loved the 20 motif in this combination. So versatile and very chic. . In the past I had dismissed the Alhambra earrings as they felt matronly and the sweets didn’t work on me. Boy was I wrong. The star of the show was the amazing diamond butterflies I was able to try on. They were absolute perfection. That sat perfectly on my ear and my heart just fluttered. My SA was amazing as I now had three pieces I loved so we prioritized them . I left deposit for the wg Perlee Clover as it was the piece that made most sense to get now. The butterflies I will be getting next as I absolutely must have them. OMG they were to die for. Then I will order 1 10 motif to start as I already 5 in that combo . A67A6E1A-8010-465C-BCF0-3244F41C3639.jpeg 2B4407CC-18D0-4229-AFC8-6B7D653E9145.jpeg

:love: Oooo! Lucky you being able to see and try on all that finery in person!
They look beautiful on you!!:appl:

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

They look amazing on you! You are going to have such an incredible collection!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Gorgeous! I hadn't seen the butterfly earrings in person before, they look fabulous on you, I can see why you simply MUST have them. I think you are right about the bracelet being the right next purchase, so versatile. Yay!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
This withers in comparison to the special pieces and lovely photography from everyone here, but I don‘t believe I’ve seen one of these posted so I thought I would give a literal mini share!

I’ve been enjoying this mini Frivole lately, even though I struggle with wearing necklaces. The goal was a barely-there insouciant everyday necklace that would meld with the skin, approximating the floating solitaire look but with a sculptural twist. Its bloom sits tame and demure in the hollow of the neck on the shorter setting, whereas the longer setting untethers its expressive character, allowing it to glimmer as it rocks subtly on its pointed back in response to movement. I also appreciate that its outlined borders and 3D construction help keep the diamonds away from skin oils between cleanings.

I waited a long time to bring this one home due to the wise prevailing advice to purchase the small/vintage instead of the mini sizes. This decision wasn’t for the purpose of cost-saving…after trying both sizes I genuinely felt more drawn to the mini Frivole pendant because I just couldn’t get used to the presence of a pendant on me for everyday life. Maybe I’ll outgrow this “gateway” pendant someday, but perhaps for now it fills a niche? It’s weird — I love the size of the small Frivole earclips, and part of me feels pretty silly for having two Frivole pieces that don’t go together (different sizes and metals). I also normally prefer diamonds in white metal, but I didn’t love the mini WG version (too small, Frivole design was lost). Anyway, sorry for venting about my indecision, thank you for letting me share, and apologies that I can’t post a more zoomed-out modeling photo!
122BBD6A-46F1-4422-807F-72630781592F.jpeg
236C97A5-6CBB-448B-ABB3-92C3B2DB4066.jpeg
42610A9C-3551-43FC-B909-22669D2E1A9B.jpeg
A384F088-F274-46AE-A78D-67FF5FA86C99.jpeg

I have coveted this necklace since the moment I saw it. It is stunning! I'd love to see a neck shot from farther back, too! It's just so dreamy

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Couple quickie pics for this thread ::) I've been wearing this bangle stack every single day!! My absolute favourite bracelets :love: I think they tend to give off a #ThatsALot vibe in pictures but IRL they really actually don't look like "too much" together! Well, in my oh so humble opinion, anyway :bigsmile: I would like some plain metal to tone it down further though. The Signature is creeping up the wishlist ::)

1645134562504.png 1645134573410.png

Stunning combo. Wowza. If we were in meetings together, I'd just sit there and gawk :lol:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results