shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie Some WG and carnelian with the signature bangle. Sorry it took so long. I swear the nails were just a coincidence. I painted last night to try out a new color. I think this bangle is the best stacking combo but I would prefer 2 Alhambra bracelets. I will find my WG and try it soon.
B25A12FC-FF9E-43AF-8AEC-491D91EC194D.jpeg

Attachments

• D65825FF-699B-4501-9FB8-E72FB5E9199D.jpeg
    D65825FF-699B-4501-9FB8-E72FB5E9199D.jpeg
    320.3 KB · Views: 44
  • CBEA68FE-9A0B-4FB5-9BD3-543C3EF7E507.jpeg
    CBEA68FE-9A0B-4FB5-9BD3-543C3EF7E507.jpeg
    131.4 KB · Views: 56

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie Some WG and carnelian with the signature bangle. Sorry it took so long. I swear the nails were just a coincidence. I painted last night to try out a new color. I think this bangle is the best stacking combo but I would prefer 2 Alhambra bracelets. I will find my WG and try it soon.

LLJsmom, this pairing is absolutely stunning on you. :love: Especially in the first photo where we can see your pretty nails too.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom, this pairing is absolutely stunning on you. :love: Especially in the first photo where we can see your pretty nails too.

You’re so sweet KimN. Thank you. Stubby home manicures nails. Lol!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

This combination in wg is so fabulous.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I’m dead. :love:

My ghost is typing this response. And even my ghost is threatening to keel over. :love:

Oh my goodness. That colour combo is perfection. :love: I’m completely sold, I need some carnelian and WG!!

But yes, amazing as it looks (and, yeah, :love: :love: :love: :love:) I can see how the combination of sturdy and floppy could be a bit disconcerting… Your WG Alhambra will take care of that!! Can’t wait for your thoughts and pics :love:

The nails are fabulous coincidence :bigsmile:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I have not seen the Lotus openwork earrings. But the most common earring pairing with Alhambra (that's not Alhambra) that I have seen and like is the small Frivole earrings which come in wg and yg. Of course, they are out of stock right now! But the wg ones would be very pretty with your bracelets! I am considering them myself!

Thank you so much, @diamondseeker2006! I do love the Frivole aesthetic; I have tried the mini Frivole previously and did not feel like they were right on me (see below), but perhaps I should give the small Frivole a go! (When they are back in stock, that is!) Are you considering the polished metal or the pave Frivole? I have the vintage Alhambra earrings and I love them... I'm just trying to decide if the small Frivole is different enough from the vintage Alhambra to justify taking the plunge, but I remember that you have the vintage Alhambra earrings, so that answers that question! To be honest I hadn't seriously considered the small Frivole until you mentioned it... they have undeniable presence, and you have exquisite taste, so this is definitely bling for thought! :love: Thank you again!!

IMG_2991 (cropped).JPG

Since you want a smaller pave option for earrings I think you will really like the mini lotus. I think they are lovely and don’t scream VCA. And they will go with everything. Please share earshots when you get them!

A big Yes to this! You and me both, and probably most of the other lovely ladies in this thread too! ❤️

I have seen these in-person!!
But I searched my phone twice and couldn't find my photos - which is thoroughly unhelpful, I know ;(

I remember being... Well, I have to be honest, I was underwhelmed by them. They're really quite small - too small to appreciate the lattice effect from afar, in my opinion. And they're flat to the ear, so they don't have the whimsical dimensionality of the Frivole. And they've got some negative space, so they don't have the wall-of-sparkle #blingpact of a pave solid motif. And they're not "iconic VCA" - too new to be! So all in all I guess I kind of feel like... They're just really really pricey for what they are!

But I don't really do "low key" stud earrings. I seem to be going through a phase, I want my studs large and in charge! 80s clip style. So, y'know :bigsmile:

You’ve got 2ct+ precision-cut MRB and OEC studs, right? What other earrings d’you have? Your studs are just so beautiful and special… D’you have occasions in mind for when you’d choose something like the mini Lotus over your studs?

I found these pics from the other forum ::) On ear and next to the small Frivole. You’ve probably seen these already but I’ll add them here for the heck of it.

Thank you so much, @LLJsmom and @yssie! You both make really excellent points. I love my studs, but I like to change things up, and I have tried the sweet Alhambra and the mini Frivole in the past and they just didn't look right on me. I am pining for a pair of SO white gold/onyx sweet Alhambra earrings, though, so I am doing my best to wait those out! And I also have the vintage Alhambra earrings to balance things out! And I absolutely adore your Cosmos, @yssie! Those are serious #earringsgoals there! I am not quite ready to take that plunge, but perhaps I will work my way up to it. What I *think* I am looking for at the moment is something that falls between the sweet Alhambra earrings and the vintage Alhambra earrings sizewise, and that I can mix and match with my Alhambra pieces. And the price-per-carat is admittedly a bit outrageous with the Lotus; you've got a great point there, @yssie! (That is a decent argument for saving up for the Cosmos!)

But @LLJsmom I agree with you about the versatility of the Lotus openwork earrings, and until I see them in person I won't really know for sure. As serendipity would have it, a pair popped up on FP last night and I ordered them on a whim... I figured it couldn't hurt to check them out in person, and if I end up loving them I will order them with longer posts (for my meaty lobes!) through our SA, or order something completely different if I don't love them! I appreciate the encouragement/enabling... they will be here next week and I will be back with earshots and commentary!

Many thanks to all three of you for helping me sort this out! It has been a crazy last few weeks as COVID has been running rampant through our household, and I have to say that earring ponderings have been a fantastically welcome distraction from all of that!

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Many thanks in advance for your help, and I promise to proof my posts better! Wow, just wow, @LLJsmom! Everything @yssie said. I totally fell over, too! This combo is just amazing, and I can't wait to see it with your solid wg Alhambra, too! Seriously, you could be a bracelet model and I always love seeing your stacks! I adore this carnelian beauty on you!!

Last edited by a moderator:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Today’s bling ::)
- Mini Rose de Noel in MOP - still my favourite VCA earrings!!
- Frivole five flower bracelet
- Pearl bracelet is from Andrew Moline, gem 8-8.5mm akoya. I bought a strand and made two bracelets; I keep one pristine and I unashamedly stack the other with anything and everything :bigsmile:
- U-prong eternity (WF Annette with 20pointers) and a plain band ❤️

WED3.png

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you so much, @diamondseeker2006! I do love the Frivole aesthetic; I have tried the mini Frivole previously and did not feel like they were right on me (see below), but perhaps I should give the small Frivole a go! (When they are back in stock, that is!) Are you considering the polished metal or the pave Frivole? I have the vintage Alhambra earrings and I love them... I'm just trying to decide if the small Frivole is different enough from the vintage Alhambra to justify taking the plunge, but I remember that you have the vintage Alhambra earrings, so that answers that question! To be honest I hadn't seriously considered the small Frivole until you mentioned it... they have undeniable presence, and you have exquisite taste, so this is definitely bling for thought! :love: Thank you again!!

IMG_2991 (cropped).JPG

Thank you so much, @LLJsmom and @yssie! You both make really excellent points. I love my studs, but I like to change things up, and I have tried the sweet Alhambra and the mini Frivole in the past and they just didn't look right on me. I am pining for a pair of SO white gold/onyx sweet Alhambra earrings, though, so I am doing my best to wait those out! And I also have the vintage Alhambra earrings to balance things out! And I absolutely adore your Cosmos, @yssie! Those are serious #earringsgoals there! I am not quite ready to take that plunge, but perhaps I will work my way up to it. What I *think* I am looking for at the moment is something that falls between the sweet Alhambra earrings and the vintage Alhambra earrings sizewise, and that I can mix and match with my Alhambra pieces. And the price-per-carat is admittedly a bit outrageous with the Lotus; you've got a great point there, @yssie! (That is a decent argument for saving up for the Cosmos!)

But @LLJsmom I agree with you about the versatility of the Lotus openwork earrings, and until I see them in person I won't really know for sure. As serendipity would have it, a pair popped up on FP last night and I ordered them on a whim... I figured it couldn't hurt to check them out in person, and if I end up loving them I will order them with longer posts (for my meaty lobes!) through our SA, or order something completely different if I don't love them! I appreciate the encouragement/enabling... they will be here next week and I will be back with earshots and commentary!

Many thanks to all three of you for helping me sort this out! It has been a crazy last few weeks as COVID has been running rampant through our household, and I have to say that earring ponderings have been a fantastically welcome distraction from all of that!

Can’t wait!!! Please post pics of the mini lotus. Can you post pics of your vintage earrings? Would love to see.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
- Pearl bracelet is from Andrew Moline, gem 8-8.5mm akoya. I bought a strand and made two bracelets; I keep one pristine and I unashamedly stack the other with anything and everything :bigsmile:

Love everything. I finally realized what your Noels remind me of. You know those Disney movies where the fairy masquerades as a flower? I keep waiting for the petals to fold up to reveal the skirt of a little fairy and it flits away. Not sure what my brain does sometimes. Love how the pearl bracelet works with the RDN. UGH. Feeling the scheming start…

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oooh. That *is* excellent timing!! I'm VERY interested in your thoughts - the mini Lotus definitely satisfies the "in between Sweet and Vintage" requirement, I agree! I think the small size Frivole do as well, but if you're also looking for something that doesn't scream Van Cleef & Arpels... Frivole, um, does!

Please share tons of photos when you get them!!

I have the vintage Alhambra earrings and I love them... I'm just trying to decide if the small Frivole is different enough from the vintage Alhambra to justify taking the plunge
What I *think* I am looking for at the moment is something that falls between the sweet Alhambra earrings and the vintage Alhambra earrings sizewise, and that I can mix and match with my Alhambra pieces

As an aside - I love that we all have different tastes! So thank you for not taking objection to my hesitations earlier! What's not quite right for me, or what I question in my perceptions of others - might be just perfect in someone else's eyes ❤️ I'm confident you'll know if these are the earrings for you the moment you put them on :appl:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love everything. I finally realized what your Noels remind me of. You know those Disney movies where the fairy masquerades as a flower? I keep waiting for the petals to fold up to reveal the skirt of a little fairy and it flits away. Not sure what my brain does sometimes. Love how the pearl bracelet works with the RDN. UGH. Feeling the scheming start…
You're such a romantic @LLJsmom ::) And I love it! I love the way you think ❤️

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
:wavey: Thanks pretty lady! Yes, I have considered the onyx/yg 20 motif necklace, but if I'm only going to own one 20 motif in my life, my heart wants a different color. I adore my black onyx/yg earrings and bracelet, but when I hold the bracelet up to my neck, it looks too severe with my Casper the Friendly Ghost skin tone. And while I like to have two matching "stations" on my body (ears and wrist for example) I wouldn't wear the necklace with them because for me that crosses the line into the overly matchy-matchy territory.

And thank you for your thoughtful, loving comments on my Show Me The Bling post. I promise I reply over there soon!
Well that settles it! If the heart wants a different metal then a different metal it must have ::)

I keep coming back to your dragonfly pendant. Sweet and whimsical. VCA has a lot in that "sweet and whimsical" category. But... Ugh. Not having inventory to try things on turns everything into a guessing game!! ;(

RwS, I can see you with Frivole earrings. Pave. White gold. An alternative to your studs, for extra blingtastic days. I could also see you with the Two Butterfly earrings. The diamond + pink or yellow sapphire. A touch of fairytale, like your dragonfly. You have enviably classic features, strong jawline and sharp cheekbones... Is it weird that I'm commenting on that? Probably. But... What I'm trying to say is that you can wear a touch of sweetness without going into cute overload. Lucky you!!

I can't wait to see what direction you decide on. VCA or not!!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

WED3.png

love this….. your earring collection is out of this world.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock

I am blown away by this combo! It’s utterly chic and fresh and a tiny bit goth even and sexy and classic and PERFECT!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I swear the nails were just a coincidence.

Coincidence? More like you ooze style without even trying! I aspire to your whole vibe @LLJsmom !

Just mesmerizing, that color on you. Seriously, it’s like I can’t look away! Excited to see how it looks with your WG Alhambra!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock

WED3.png

You are truly a compositional master, @yssie ! That ratio of gleam to glow to sparkle…that balance of color and form…I die and can only hope my spirit will be reincarnated into an oyster chosen to form the petals of a Rose de Noel.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
New turquoise is the same price as lapis -

3AD649BC-74D6-4BB8-B527-E87D60A99403.png

06A1B877-2E21-409C-B085-CE9E2A6C558B.png

I prefer the lapis! And… I’m sure some folks are going to buy the turquoise earrings to be able to wear lapis and turquoise in each ear… I just hope we see pics from whoever does it! :bigsmile:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_2991 (cropped).JPG
I was meaning the small Frivole in the polished white gold with a little diamond in the center. As much as I love pave Frivole, I couldn't justify pave vintage Alhambra and pave Frivole. As it is, I don't wear the pave VA very often! The small Frivole still look fairly small to me. You do have to position the clips the same on both ears so they sit right. But see how you feel about the mini Lotus and then maybe you'll have another chance to try Frivole later! Oh, and you are so sweet! I am surrounded by lovely PSers with the most wonderful taste, including you!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
:wavey: Hello Fab50!

Thank you so much! You are so kind!

I love that you are plotting. (We are a forum of enablers, aren't we? In a good way!) Do you have a list of VCA candidates for your next purchase?

Your jewelry collection is dreamy and I am eager to see what you add next!

:wavey: Hello RWS!!

I am considering the following, but the prices.... aaarrrgghhh! So not really sure but we will see how I do on NOT spending on other things, lol.
IMG_3500.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_3501.jpeg
    IMG_3501.jpeg
    47.2 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_3502.jpeg
    IMG_3502.jpeg
    40.4 KB · Views: 7

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

I am considering the following, but the prices.... aaarrrgghhh! So not really sure but we will see how I do on NOT spending on other things, lol.
IMG_3500.jpeg

Sorry, the pictures came out weird. I really love the two butterfly earrings, but have never seen them on a real person (vs the website). I also cant decide between the 10 or the 20 motif rose gold necklace, and is it too matchy-matchy with my 5 motif bracelet?? I would get either necklace lengthened an inch if possible anyway, since they fall a little too short on me. I will try to find a try on picture to show what I mean, ha ha.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, the pictures came out weird. I really love the two butterfly earrings, but have never seen them on a real person (vs the website). I also cant decide between the 10 or the 20 motif rose gold necklace, and is it too matchy-matchy with my 5 motif bracelet?? I would get either necklace lengthened an inch if possible anyway, since they fall a little too short on me. I will try to find a try on picture to show what I mean, ha ha.

This picture is awful and very cropped for privacy, but here I am trying on a 10 motif chalcedony/white gold necklace. Looks odd with my heart necklace, but in any event I think it should be a touch longer on me. Or maybe I should just go for the 20!! Opinions?? Thank you.

Attachments

• IMG_2469.jpeg
    IMG_2469.jpeg
    212.8 KB · Views: 32

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium

I keep going back to this.... this picture is dangerous. I just got a new diamond and if I tell my husband I want something else, I might not last very long around here lol. Those bracelets are TO DIE FOR!

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
This picture is awful and very cropped for privacy, but here I am trying on a 10 motif chalcedony/white gold necklace. Looks odd with my heart necklace, but in any event I think it should be a touch longer on me. Or maybe I should just go for the 20!! Opinions?? Thank you.

The butterflies are so cute but that chalcedony is amazing! I don't think it needs to be longer if you get the 10. I do love my 20 when I double it - one of the layers is a bit longer.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_3500.jpeg

So love the MOP butterflies.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So the one thing about the Two Butterfly earrings... They're made like the small size Frivole, in that they're designed to sit *on* the earlobe rather than half-on-half-under. So for folks like me, with higher piercings and fleshier lobes, they may not look so great on the ear - that's why I personally chose Cosmos rather than Frivole. And I can't wear the Two Butterfly earrings well either!

Just a heads up that if your lobes aren't thinner and your piercings aren't pretty low, you definitely want to try them on before you commit (or buy online so you can return)!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ten looks fab on you!! I love LLJSmom's chalcedony ten so I'm biased. Do you like long necklaces? I wouldn't buy the twenty if you'll only ever wear it doubled up, but if you know you'd wear it long too then it's probably worth the extra versatility!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
So the one thing about the Two Butterfly earrings... They're made like the small size Frivole, in that they're designed to sit *on* the earlobe rather than half-on-half-under. So for folks like me, with higher piercings and fleshier lobes, they may not look so great on the ear - that's why I personally chose Cosmos rather than Frivole. And I can't wear the Two Butterfly earrings well either!

Just a heads up that if your lobes aren't thinner and your piercings aren't pretty low, you definitely want to try them on before you commit (or buy online so you can return)!!

Thank you, @yssie ! I will try them for sure. I also love the cosmos and I suspect I will also be more comfortable with the half-on-half-under fit!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Ten looks fab on you!! I love LLJSmom's chalcedony ten so I'm biased. Do you like long necklaces? I wouldn't buy the twenty if you'll only ever wear it doubled up, but if you know you'd wear it long too then it's probably worth the extra versatility!

I do love long necklaces, I have opera length pearls that I wear frequently and also an hermes silver necklace that is super long, even when doubled. I just love both looks.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am blown away by this combo! It’s utterly chic and fresh and a tiny bit goth even and sexy and classic and PERFECT!

Thank you @Rosebloom it’s funny you say goth cause I kinda got the vibe too. Don’t let vca know or they’ll never let me SO this combo again. :lol: I don’t think Goth is their target audience. But I don’t care. I still love it.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results