shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I visited my local VCA boutique on Friday. And I'm feeling sad.

I looked at 20 motif necklaces (that's what I want for my 2022 "big" purchase). I asked about special orders and was told that VCA is only doing SOs for clients who have reached the $85,000 threshold. Doesn't matter what color/stone combo, there is no "pre-approved list". So until I reach the $85K level, the answer is no. Period.

I'm trying not to take it personally. But its been one of those weeks for me (outside of VCA) where I've felt invisible, belittled and taken for granted from just about everyone, from my spouse, to my parents, to my clients, to the people whom I volunteer a lot of time to as editor for their art journal. I can't count the number of people who have hung up on me, screamed at me, etc.

So while my rational brain knows its a new VCA policy, my emotional side says, yeah, but people are receiving special orders right and left for small things like bracelets, so why not me for a much larger order (20 motif necklace plus matching bracelet?) And I'm totally willing to place the order and pay for it up front, no returns. So my emotional side says everyone is treating me like I don't matter this week.

I am so sorry you've had a bad week, too! But you know the VCA thing is definitely not personal. They've been doing extremely few special orders for the last several months. I was definitely told recently this was not a good time to ask. So at least they are opening up SOs for a certain group of established customers. I am not at $85k, either. They are still vastly understocked at the boutiques and need to replenish those supplies before doing so many special orders. Are there not any companion pieces such as earrings or a bracelet that are regular stock items that you might want? I feel sure if things get back to normal in the next year that they'll expand the special order options. If you don't want anything else now at VCA, what about working on finishing up the tennis bracelet? That would be an awesome piece!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey ladies @yssie @RunningwithScissors ….this is way overpriced. Just checked my receipt and it was $5200 plus $312 tax. Total 5512. i would order from P and wait the time. It took about 5 months

My wg SO was $5800 before tax last fall. I know wg is a little more than yg and rg, but $6500 isn't horrible for someone who doesn't want to have to wait months or until they reach a high spend amount.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hey ladies @yssie @RunningwithScissors ….this is way overpriced. Just checked my receipt and it was $5200 plus $312 tax. Total 5512. i would order from P and wait the time. It took about 5 months
I just hate when resellers do this. Crank price UP on something that isn’t even genuinely limited edition. So crass. I’m having a total #GetOffMyLawn reaction. :x2

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors I’m sorry you’ve had a bad week :(sad I hope next week is much improved!!

Of course you’re feeling sad. But it really isn’t personal. I hadn’t heard that specific dollar value, but I definitely have heard that any SOs are virtually impossible to have approved right now, especially Alhambra SOs. Most of the people who’ve received things recently actually placed their orders many months ago! I was chatting with my SA last week and she mentioned that another client had wanted a stock ring but needed a different size than was available, and even that request was declined because the company is prioritizing restocking boutiques.

I agree with @diamondseeker2006, I think once general inventory is back to something sane they’ll most likely loosen these SO restrictions again. Richemont is a for-profit company and they’re not going to want to give up all the revenue those SOs bring in!

I went back to look at your list and of all your preferred combos only all-RG and YG/malachite aren’t SO. I personally am very leery of malachite, unless it’s occasional wear only, which I know isn’t your intention. Were you able to try on any RG pieces? How did you feel about them? If something you love is available without the SO wait and premium - winner!! But if not, definitely don’t spend your hard-earned money on things you don’t *love*.

Last edited:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I looked at 20 motif necklaces (that's what I want for my 2022 "big" purchase). I asked about special orders and was told that VCA is only doing SOs for clients who have reached the $85,000 threshold. Doesn't matter what color/stone combo, there is no "pre-approved list". So until I reach the $85K level, the answer is no. Period.

I'm trying not to take it personally. But its been one of those weeks for me (outside of VCA) where I've felt invisible, belittled and taken for granted from just about everyone, from my spouse, to my parents, to my clients, to the people whom I volunteer a lot of time to as editor for their art journal. I can't count the number of people who have hung up on me, screamed at me, etc.

So while my rational brain knows its a new VCA policy, my emotional side says, yeah, but people are receiving special orders right and left for small things like bracelets, so why not me for a much larger order (20 motif necklace plus matching bracelet?) And I'm totally willing to place the order and pay for it up front, no returns. So my emotional side says everyone is treating me like I don't matter this week.

Im so sorry RWS. I had no idea about the current limitation. I am guessing this is due to how short supplied they are with everything. I am hopeful that after the pandemic is over, they will loosen up the restrictions. I’m truly so sorry. I hope you will not feel so badly over time. It truly is not personal though I can see why it feels like it is. It’s just really bad timing. Big hugs to you. Maybe you will find other pieces that make your heart flutter.

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I am so sorry you've had a bad week, too! But you know the VCA thing is definitely not personal. They've been doing extremely few special orders for the last several months. I was definitely told recently this was not a good time to ask. So at least they are opening up SOs for a certain group of established customers. I am not at $85k, either. They are still vastly understocked at the boutiques and need to replenish those supplies before doing so many special orders. Are there not any companion pieces such as earrings or a bracelet that are regular stock items that you might want? I feel sure if things get back to normal in the next year that they'll expand the special order options. If you don't want anything else now at VCA, what about working on finishing up the tennis bracelet? That would be an awesome piece!
My wg SO was $5800 before tax last fall. I know wg is a little more than yg and rg, but $6500 isn't horrible for someone who doesn't want to have to wait months or until they reach a high spend amount.

DS, I totally agree now to spend extra 1k if @RunningwithScissors not going to hit the 85k limit anytime soon. If close to hitting it then one can rearrange their list to purchase the available stock item first. It would have been impossible for me to hit 85k threshold with stock pieces as I don’t like yg & not enough is offered in rg/wg in Alhambra lines. Although I did spend 30k on two stock items but they were in my preferred metal and stone. The only other issue I see with getting this bracelet is that unless planning to hit that threshold the rg options are so slim to attempt to coordinate that bracelet with other pieces. I need to go back and look at her wishlist.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@diamondseeker2006 @Missie1 @yssie @LLJsmom

Thanks ladies!

I'm feeling better now and ready for a new week. Whew! Yes, I don't take the no SOs personally -- just sometimes when one has a rough week in general, it feels like everything is aimed at you even when you know in your heart it is not. And this is all first world problems anyway, so I'm embarrassed for fussing about it! :roll2:

My SA told me that the reason VCA is limiting SOs is that it had a a high percentage of people who didn't take their SO seriously and didn't follow through on the purchase. That making a SO takes the company a lot of extra time and effort and so the $85K purchase history was what they considered the mark of a more serious client. As someone who sells a product myself, I totally understand this and can relate!

I probably won't reach the $85K because I only want a capsule jewelry wardrobe, and while I have well over that mark in diamonds, I have only a few more VCA items on my wish list: 1 (only one) 20 motif, a pair of diamond melee earrings that that compliment the 20 piece; and a bracelet that also compliments the 20 piece (not diamond melee).

@Missie1 You may be able to still order your SO because you have a history of previous SOs. I wouldn't rule it out until talking to P. Like I said above, VCA just really wants to make sure the client is serious on following through and you have a history to prove you are. My fingers are crossed for you! (Plus I want to see your gorgeous RB WMOP when it arrives!!!)

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors After seeing your other thread - what do you think about an onyx/YG 20 to finish the set you’ve already started? You wear that combo well, the colours are flattering on you - and no SO sillinesses - and I think a full complement would be wonderful to have, even if you don’t wear it that way - a collector’s dream! :bigsmile:

Edit - I can’t help but point out that the fact that you were willing to pay in full up-front conflicts pretty directly with future refusal to pony up. It still sounds very arbitrary, and I’m still confident it’s temporary, and I’m glad you’re not taking it to heart ❤️

Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks ladies!

I'm feeling better now and ready for a new week. Whew! Yes, I don't take the no SOs personally -- just sometimes when one has a rough week in general, it feels like everything is aimed at you even when you know in your heart it is not. And this is all first world problems anyway, so I'm embarrassed for fussing about it! :roll2:

My SA told me that the reason VCA is limiting SOs is that it had a a high percentage of people who didn't take their SO seriously and didn't follow through on the purchase. That making a SO takes the company a lot of extra time and effort and so the $85K purchase history was what they considered the mark of a more serious client. As someone who sells a product myself, I totally understand this and can relate!

I probably won't reach the $85K because I only want a capsule jewelry wardrobe, and while I have well over that mark in diamonds, I have only a few more VCA items on my wish list: 1 (only one) 20 motif, a pair of diamond melee earrings that that compliment the 20 piece; and a bracelet that also compliments the 20 piece (not diamond melee).

@Missie1 You may be able to still order your SO because you have a history of previous SOs. I wouldn't rule it out until talking to P. Like I said above, VCA just really wants to make sure the client is serious on following through and you have a history to prove you are. My fingers are crossed for you! (Plus I want to see your gorgeous RB WMOP when it arrives!!!)

Im glad that your feeling better. I am pretty confident I will get that 20 motif sooner or later. I prefer bracelets anyway so it’s just a matter of getting Clover first which is probably the same price price point as 20 motif with the premium. Like you I won’t be getting multiple 20 motifs so unless I fall in love with another line my journey will be winding down after these purchases. I can’t believe that people so many are refusing their SO. I am always careful when deciding to place SO and keep looking at pics to determine if I love it or not.

Last edited:

carbonfan

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Thanks ladies!

Hi @RunningwithScissors! I saw your earlier post and I am so sorry about your rough week! But this week is a fresh start of sorts, and I am so glad you are feeling better about things!

I am in the same boat as you as I was hoping to order a few small SO pieces (I was specifically thinking toward sweet Alhambra earrings in wg/onyx, and a 10-motif necklace in either wg/onyx or solid wg) and was told that SOs have been halted at this time (but then again, I am nowhere close to the $85k tier!). I had placed two SOs around this time last year for 5-motif bracelets which I absolutely love (one in solid wg and one in wg/onyx) and I have purchased a few other small pieces, but definitely nothing that would elevate me to preferred status, that's for sure! But as others have mentioned, I am hopeful that this is a temporary stopgap measure and that SOs will resume once inventory returns to some sense of normalcy. Until then, I'm trying to reframe this extra time as an opportunity to reassess things and decide what pieces will best complement my (admittedly modest) VCA collection. And all of this has made me all the more grateful for the pieces I have!

Do you have a sense of which metal would most make your heart sing and complete your capsule? That may help to narrow things down. I am really hoping that VCA expands their wg and rg offerings so that we don't have to rely so heavily on SOs. Although I guess the suspense of not knowing is part of the fun, though!

In the meantime, I am considering ordering the Lotus openwork mini model earrings as it seems like they would complement my Alhambra pieces nicely without being too "matchy." I am completely intrigued with the openwork design, but I do not live close to a boutique, so I'm strictly assessing them from the VCA website. By any chance has anyone here ever seen them in person?

Regardless, take comfort that everything will fall into place in time, and I'm truly believing that the pieces that speak to you most will make their way to you. I'm eager to see what pieces you aim for, and I hope they will be within reach soon!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @RunningwithScissors! I saw your earlier post and I am so sorry about your rough week! But this week is a fresh start of sorts, and I am so glad you are feeling better about things!

I am in the same boat as you as I was hoping to order a few small SO pieces (I was specifically thinking toward sweet Alhambra earrings in wg/onyx, and a 10-motif necklace in either wg/onyx or solid wg) and was told that SOs have been halted at this time (but then again, I am nowhere close to the $85k tier!). I had placed two SOs around this time last year for 5-motif bracelets which I absolutely love (one in solid wg and one in wg/onyx) and I have purchased a few other small pieces, but definitely nothing that would elevate me to preferred status, that's for sure! But as others have mentioned, I am hopeful that this is a temporary stopgap measure and that SOs will resume once inventory returns to some sense of normalcy. Until then, I'm trying to reframe this extra time as an opportunity to reassess things and decide what pieces will best complement my (admittedly modest) VCA collection. And all of this has made me all the more grateful for the pieces I have!

Do you have a sense of which metal would most make your heart sing and complete your capsule? That may help to narrow things down. I am really hoping that VCA expands their wg and rg offerings so that we don't have to rely so heavily on SOs. Although I guess the suspense of not knowing is part of the fun, though!

In the meantime, I am considering ordering the Lotus openwork mini model earrings as it seems like they would complement my Alhambra pieces nicely without being too "matchy." I am completely intrigued with the openwork design, but I do not live close to a boutique, so I'm strictly assessing them from the VCA website. By any chance has anyone here ever seen them in person?

Regardless, take comfort that everything will fall into place in time, and I'm truly believing that the pieces that speak to you most will make their way to you. I'm eager to see what pieces you aim for, and I hope they will be within reach soon!

I have not seen the Lotus openwork earrings. But the most common earring pairing with Alhambra (that's not Alhambra) that I have seen and like is the small Frivole earrings which come in wg and yg. Of course, they are out of stock right now! But the wg ones would be very pretty with your bracelets! I am considering them myself!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
I'm trying not to take it personally. But its been one of those weeks for me (outside of VCA) where I've felt invisible, belittled and taken for granted from just about everyone, from my spouse, to my parents, to my clients, to the people whom I volunteer a lot of time to as editor for their art journal.

@RunningwithScissors it is hard not to take it personally when you are an empathic person, which you seem very much to be! Don’t be embarrassed at all; social slings and arrows are very real. I think in a way, your pain reflects the generosity with which you treat others in your life. I’m sorry it has been a rough week…big hugs to you. For what it’s worth, I genuinely look forward to seeing your thoughtful and kind posts here at PS, and while virtual, you are definitely not invisible to me! Especially with your gorgeous bling (I recently acquired some tiny ACA studs in a high color and thought of you and your absolute stunners!). I love and aspire to your carefully curated capsule, including your VCA capsule in planning!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Since you want a smaller pave option for earrings I think you will really like the mini lotus. I think they are lovely and don’t scream VCA. And they will go with everything. Please share earshots when you get them!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock

Sounds like a truly awful week, @RunningwithScissors !! Sorry to hear it and hoping next week is much better. Just a reminder that your friends here look forward to your posts and admire your fabulous taste and high standards!!
Anyway, you always remind me, though you might not realize it, that it is best not to compromise about these expensive purchases, and I am plotting out (and trying to curate) my next VCA purchase this year.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors -

I have to say, as someone who actively dislikes almost all VCA designs, I'd take the money you were planning to spend there, double the diamonds on your upcoming STUNNNING diamond bracelet, then deck yourself out in every diamond you own and go back to the VCA store and pull a Julia Roberts / Pretty Woman moment.

And yes, of course, why would VCA care, given their client list? I hear you. But turning your nose up at other people's money when you're in retail is a mug's move, and that sh*t'll come back to bite you on the arse at some point.

If their concern was repeatedly losing out on special orders, they'd just charge in full in advance. But they're not doing that, so it's a case of "Fool you once - shame on the customer. Fool you twice...you're a nincompoop."

I'm sorry you're not feeling appreciated right now. Truly. But perhaps go look at all your glorious new pieces and realize that you've probably had *the* most stellar jewelry year of anyone on PriceScope. Life brings compensation - if we're lucky. And you've been very, very lucky indeed.

Sending you hugs, lovely lady!

ETA. I've been on PS 14 years, and this is the first time I've ever confessed my true feelings for VCA. I hope the PSers who love VCA (all of whose taste I fully respect) can turn a blind eye to my comment; taste is a personal thing, and there's no right or wrong here. I'd be the first to admit it.

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors After seeing your other thread - what do you think about an onyx/YG 20 to finish the set you’ve already started? You wear that combo well, the colours are flattering on you - and no SO sillinesses - and I think a full complement would be wonderful to have, even if you don’t wear it that way - a collector’s dream! :bigsmile:

Edit - I can’t help but point out that the fact that you were willing to pay in full up-front conflicts pretty directly with future refusal to pony up. It still sounds very arbitrary, and I’m still confident it’s temporary, and I’m glad you’re not taking it to heart ❤️

:wavey: Thanks pretty lady! Yes, I have considered the onyx/yg 20 motif necklace, but if I'm only going to own one 20 motif in my life, my heart wants a different color. I adore my black onyx/yg earrings and bracelet, but when I hold the bracelet up to my neck, it looks too severe with my Casper the Friendly Ghost skin tone. And while I like to have two matching "stations" on my body (ears and wrist for example) I wouldn't wear the necklace with them because for me that crosses the line into the overly matchy-matchy territory.

And thank you for your thoughtful, loving comments on my Show Me The Bling post. I promise I reply over there soon!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors -

I have to say, as someone who actively dislikes almost all VCA designs, I'd take the money you were planning to spend there, double the diamonds on your upcoming STUNNNING diamond bracelet, then deck yourself out in every diamond you own and go back to the VCA store and pull a Julia Roberts / Pretty Woman moment.

And yes, of course, why would VCA care, given their client list? I hear you. But turning your nose up at other people's money when you're in retail is a mug's move, and that sh*t'll come back to bite you on the arse at some point.

If their concern was repeatedly losing out on special orders, they'd just charge in full in advance. But they're not doing that, so it's a case of "Fool you once - shame on the customer. Fool you twice...you're a nincompoop."

I'm sorry you're not feeling appreciated right now. Truly. But perhaps go look at all your glorious new pieces and realize that you've probably had *the* most stellar jewelry year of anyone on PriceScope. Life brings compensation - if we're lucky. And you've been very, very lucky indeed.

ETA. I've been on PS 14 years, and this is the first time I've ever confessed my true feelings for VCA. I hope the PSers who love VCA (all of whose taste I fully respect) can turn a blind eye to my comment; taste is a personal thing, and there's no right or wrong here. I'd be the first to admit it.

Hello Mrs B!

Thanks for taking the time to respond and being brave with "coming out of the closet" so to speak about VCA. Your not liking the designs doesn't ruffle my feathers at all. I can't speak for others, but I hope most of us here are comfortable enough in our own skins/personal styles to value hearing honest opinions even when they differ from our own.

You are very kind to remind me how fortunate I have been this year. 2021 really was beyond my own wildest dreams for jewelry. I am embarrassed about fussing at all regarding VCA (and if you could look through my computer screen now, I'm hanging my head in shame).

For me, I love the Vintage Alhambra designs because they are bold and graphic and have presence without being diamonds. Yes, of course, my first love is diamonds (and that's where I put most of my $). But a lady needs a few bold jewelry items that don't sparkle for those occasions where sparkle -- or too much sparkle -- is gosh. (In my background and social circle, there are many occasions where wearing diamonds other than your engagement ring, and maybe a simple pair of studs, is considered inappropriate, and I agree, and would feel uncomfortable doing so.) And yes I have pearls, and love them, but they have different vibe. VCA strikes the right balance between having presence, not being my aunties' pearls, and not being diamonds. Plus I like the color options of the stones like carnelian, lapis, the various mother of pearls, etc. I'm far too pale and this little pop of color can really brighten up my complexion.

Anyhow, enough about that. I will find the one I'm meant to have eventually. And I appreciate (and really love actually!) that you are angry on my behalf for the no special order policy.

Hugs to you and thank you!

PS: I adore, adore, adore the hoop earrings you designed. I hope you don't mind if later in the year I reach out to you and have you help me design something similar. You are so extremely talented, and a treasure and asset to this community!

Last edited:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Thank you Carbonfan for your kind words! I do think SOs will restart again after the pandemic/supply shortage mayhem is behind us. I look forward to seeing which direction you go in. All the combos you listed sound lovely. The Lotus has fabulous sparkle! Keep us posted! :kiss2:

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
@RunningwithScissors it is hard not to take it personally when you are an empathic person, which you seem very much to be! Don’t be embarrassed at all; social slings and arrows are very real. I think in a way, your pain reflects the generosity with which you treat others in your life. I’m sorry it has been a rough week…big hugs to you. For what it’s worth, I genuinely look forward to seeing your thoughtful and kind posts here at PS, and while virtual, you are definitely not invisible to me! Especially with your gorgeous bling (I recently acquired some tiny ACA studs in a high color and thought of you and your absolute stunners!). I love and aspire to your carefully curated capsule, including your VCA capsule in planning!

Awww...thank you so much MiniMinerva! This made my day!

Its funny how online things (social media, forums, etc etc) can be positive or negative in our lives. For me, Pricescope is a huge positive. So many people coming together to share their love of jewelry, everyone with a unique insight and sense of style, and most of us just trying to figure it all out. I love how we all influence each other.

YOU have a lovely collection and I can't wait to see how it continues to grow and develops (like all of us on here).

Big hugs to you!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Sounds like a truly awful week, @RunningwithScissors !! Sorry to hear it and hoping next week is much better. Just a reminder that your friends here look forward to your posts and admire your fabulous taste and high standards!!
Anyway, you always remind me, though you might not realize it, that it is best not to compromise about these expensive purchases, and I am plotting out (and trying to curate) my next VCA purchase this year.

:wavey: Hello Fab50!

Thank you so much! You are so kind!

I love that you are plotting. (We are a forum of enablers, aren't we? In a good way!) Do you have a list of VCA candidates for your next purchase?

Your jewelry collection is dreamy and I am eager to see what you add next!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors -

@mrs-b , Just fyi, does not bother me at all. I'm happy you have your own specific taste and fully embrace it. You don't like VCA, and that's you too. The world must work this way or else we'd all be carbon copies of each other. How boring. You do you @mrs-b .

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Im glad that your feeling better. I am pretty confident I will get that 20 motif sooner or later. I prefer bracelets anyway so it’s just a matter of getting Clover first which is probably the same price price point as 20 motif with the premium. Like you I won’t be getting multiple 20 motifs so unless I fall in love with another line my journey will be winding down after these purchases. I can’t believe that people so many are refusing their SO. I am always careful when deciding to place SO and keep looking at pics to determine if I love it or not.

Thanks Missie! The Clover will be a stunning addition to your collection!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors , hope you will consider what a very practical person that has made her share of mistakes with VCA. You mentioned that a pair of pave earrings was on your list. I'll be honest and say that maybe placing a SO might be the best thing to happen to your collection right now. Based on your stunning 2021 acquisitions, a pair of pave vintage Alhambra or pave frivole earrings would fit perfectly into your tightly curated, uncompromisingly beautiful collection, adding a bit of flourish and surprise. With your look and elegant, classic style, and either pair would look stunning on you. Those are pricier pieces and would go up in price more in the near future, so it would serve your budget (if you were planning on getting them anyway) to get them earlier rather than later. Once you get them, you can see, feel how that may/may not affect your next VCA piece. And getting them now won't affect your SO in that the cost of SOs feel a bit arbitrary, at least in my experience. I paid much more premium on my first SO than my most recent. So ordering an SO in the future does not necessarily that you will be paying a higher percentage for the premium. I wish I bought the diamond pieces earlier, because 1) they enchanted me a lot more than I thought they would and 2) they are larger budget items that if I had invested earlier may have resulted in me not buying some of the pieces I wear less now. Anyway, some food for thought.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors and @LLJsmom -

I swear, for YEARS I've asked myself - "Why don't you like these?? EVERYONE whose taste you admire loves these! What's wrong with you??"

But my eyes just don't see it, y'know? And if they don't...they don't.

But other people's eyes DO see it and, as you said, @LLJsmom - it's what makes people individuals and life interesting.

@RunningwithScissors - I wonder if the VCA Alhambra hits the same part of the brain for you that enamel does for me. I love those strong colors and all that beauty...without it being gems. I love that I can create any shape with enamel, and still have a high quality piece, without veering into the world of diamonds. Anyway, what you said about your VCA pieces just resonated with me.

I would LOVE to help you design a pair of earrings; it would be an honor. And I hope you enjoy wearing your new pieces as much as we have all enjoyed sharing your joy in them with you; we truly are 'Team RunningWithScissors'!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Until then, I'm trying to reframe this extra time as an opportunity to reassess things and decide [...] made me all the more grateful for the pieces I have!
A big Yes to this! You and me both, and probably most of the other lovely ladies in this thread too! ❤️

I have seen these in-person!!
But I searched my phone twice and couldn't find my photos - which is thoroughly unhelpful, I know ;(

I remember being... Well, I have to be honest, I was underwhelmed by them. They're really quite small - too small to appreciate the lattice effect from afar, in my opinion. And they're flat to the ear, so they don't have the whimsical dimensionality of the Frivole. And they've got some negative space, so they don't have the wall-of-sparkle #blingpact of a pave solid motif. And they're not "iconic VCA" - too new to be! So all in all I guess I kind of feel like... They're just really really pricey for what they are!

But I don't really do "low key" stud earrings. I seem to be going through a phase, I want my studs large and in charge! 80s clip style. So, y'know :bigsmile:

You’ve got 2ct+ precision-cut MRB and OEC studs, right? What other earrings d’you have? Your studs are just so beautiful and special… D’you have occasions in mind for when you’d choose something like the mini Lotus over your studs?

I found these pics from the other forum ::) On ear and next to the small Frivole. You’ve probably seen these already but I’ll add them here for the heck of it.

Attachments

• 7B07E7FA-E235-4347-8143-84F2B197C198.png
    7B07E7FA-E235-4347-8143-84F2B197C198.png
    938.2 KB · Views: 39
  • D48D9DBC-2F16-46A8-B099-4F45DAD193F2.png
    D48D9DBC-2F16-46A8-B099-4F45DAD193F2.png
    879.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 1AFB0039-2E60-4B27-A0A0-26393A143305.png
    1AFB0039-2E60-4B27-A0A0-26393A143305.png
    556.4 KB · Views: 36

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@RunningwithScissors , hope you will consider what a very practical person that has made her share of mistakes with VCA. You mentioned that a pair of pave earrings was on your list. I'll be honest and say that maybe placing a SO might be the best thing to happen to your collection right now. Based on your stunning 2021 acquisitions, a pair of pave vintage Alhambra or pave frivole earrings would fit perfectly into your tightly curated, uncompromisingly beautiful collection, adding a bit of flourish and surprise. With your look and elegant, classic style, and either pair would look stunning on you. Those are pricier pieces and would go up in price more in the near future, so it would serve your budget (if you were planning on getting them anyway) to get them earlier rather than later. Once you get them, you can see, feel how that may/may not affect your next VCA piece. And getting them now won't affect your SO in that the cost of SOs feel a bit arbitrary, at least in my experience. I paid much more premium on my first SO than my most recent. So ordering an SO in the future does not necessarily that you will be paying a higher percentage for the premium. I wish I bought the diamond pieces earlier, because 1) they enchanted me a lot more than I thought they would and 2) they are larger budget items that if I had invested earlier may have resulted in me not buying some of the pieces I wear less now. Anyway, some food for thought.

I’m so sorry. I wrote all this to say that NOT getting an SO now is maybe a good thing. I just realized that I omitted that all
Important negative. My bad!

RacerDinah

Rough_Rock
The story behind the Cosmos earrings… I had originally planned to get the pave Frivole earrings. But when I tried them on they didn’t fit me well at all, they looked really outright *bad* on me.

My SA explained that the small Frivole earrings (the pave is the small size) are designed to sit on the earlobe, whereas other lines (Vintage, Cosmos, even the large Frivole) are designed to sit half-on-half-below the lobe. So for anyone with fleshy earlobes like me - definitely need to try the small Frivole on before committing!! On me the clip was clearly visible face-up and it hugged the bottom of my ear very tightly - and #TrussedUpEarlobe is not a look anyone's ever going for :eek-2:

I do love that VCA has options for people with different earlobe shapes!! Granted, I wouldn’t have objected to a more monetarily-equitable floral option :lol: But no real gripes, I do love the Cosmos for myself. I think the four petals work nicely with my face and ears.

IMG_4704 copy .png

@diamondyes LOL! That one's Ren. She got the beauty, her sister got the brains, and together they bookend the household crittery intelligence scale - the others all fall somewhere between :lol:

@yssie - I am late to respond but I have to chime in and say your collection is STUNNING! Thanks to you and this thread the Cosmos is now on my wishlist. Given your description of how they sit on the ear vs. Frivole, they would not have worked for me before. I had stretched-out earlobes and even my small Frivole pair didn't sit quite right...however last year I had my lobes repaired and now they sit much better, and the Cosmos would be more than suitable!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie - I am late to respond but I have to chime in and say your collection is STUNNING! Thanks to you and this thread the Cosmos is now on my wishlist. Given your description of how they sit on the ear vs. Frivole, they would not have worked for me before. I had stretched-out earlobes and even my small Frivole pair didn't sit quite right...however last year I had my lobes repaired and now they sit much better, and the Cosmos would be more than suitable!!!
You're sweet, thank you!! ❤️

Oh my goodness, when my SA explained that - it was such a a revelation!! I love the Cosmos line. Part of me wants to get the onyx just to have the set!! But I won't, B&W isn't flattering on me to be honest. Cosmos is my favourite VCA flower - the small Cosmos is a touch bigger than the small Frivole in diameter, and of course the fourth petal adds a ton of "presence" face-up - I wonder why it isn't more popular!? So glad your surgery went well and you've definitely earned some celebratory earrings! :bigsmile:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results