shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
NO. OMG. Don’t doubt the Clover!! You need the Clover. You definitely need the clover. It will go so nicely with your stack of RG Alhambra. I’m curious if you end up stacking it with your Sweet Perlee! :love:

Oh the ring upgrade won’t be for a year or more - that’s a long way off. Mostly because it’ll be a huge pain in the backside. I’ll need to get a stone custom cut - my favourite RB flavour is apparently no one else’s preference LOL. And I just really don’t want to deal with a PITA jewellery project right now :eek-2: I do know for sure that when I get that stone it’ll go to Erika Winters for a new Margot just like my current ❤️

So clover is definitely coming it’s the metal choice now that I’m stuck on. Trying to decide if I should switch to RG clover now after seeing your stack. I was planning to stack all wg metals Perlee Clover, d’or, tennis and add Perlee sweet in RG as the contrast. Then on opposite arm stack tennis and 2 rg Alhambras.
The new stone project sounds exciting though as your current rb is beautiful. What shapes are you considering? I’m working on upgrade this year and trying to decide between pear and rb. I’m loving the pear but don’t know if I think it’s classic enough

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
So clover is definitely coming it’s the metal choice now that I’m stuck on. Trying to decide if I should switch to RG clover now after seeing your stack. I was planning to stack all wg metals Perlee Clover, d’or, tennis and add Perlee sweet in RG as the contrast. Then on opposite arm stack tennis and 2 rg Alhambras.
The new stone project sounds exciting though as your current rb is beautiful. What shapes are you considering? I’m working on upgrade this year and trying to decide between pear and rb. I’m loving the pear but don’t know if I think it’s classic enough

I like your idea for your stack better. Honestly. Your sweet clover is RG, and visually my personal preference is for the two bangles with clover motifs to be different metals - avoid “matchy but not quite” as much as possible. And WG will be so striking with your tennis bracelet :love: If you wanted more RG later down the line you could always get another d’Or in RG. Or something else.

Say what now, a pear is plenty classic ❤️ Soli? Mine will be a round though, I’ve got a mental Thing about the “major diamonds” all matching and all my other stones are rounds :lol:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I like your idea for your stack better. Honestly. Your sweet clover is RG, and visually my personal preference is for the two bangles with clover motifs to be different metals - avoid “matchy but not quite” as much as possible. And WG will be so striking with your tennis bracelet :love: If you wanted more RG later down the line you could always get another d’Or in RG. Or something else.

Say what now, a pear is plenty classic ❤️ Soli? Mine will be a round though, I’ve got a mental Thing about the “major diamonds” all matching and all my other stones are rounds :lol:

Thanks for talking this thru with me. I will stick to the wg clover plan but when it comes in I’m going to fly back to get it just to be sure.
The pear looks amazing but I’m feeling like round is classic and will match all my other diamond pieces. I need to figure this out with next few months.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I didn’t realize you had to fly to your VCA :eek-2:

But a big YES to making sure WG is right for you. Way too much money to not be sure… Wish inventory wasn’t such a fiasco ;(

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I didn’t realize you had to fly to your VCA :eek-2:

But a big YES to making sure WG is right for you. Way too much money to not be sure… Wish inventory wasn’t such a fiasco ;(

Yes I live in Michigan and my SA is in Houston. I could drive to Chicago but their stock wasn’t greatest when I popped in during summer.

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
Lookie what was waiting for me last night... :bigsmile:
Yeah, I finally got excited :bigsmile:

1A copy.png

- - - - - - - - - -

1B copy.png

wow, that bangle is just BEAUTIFUl, I'm debating between the solid RG 5 motif or the rose gold perlee signature bangle -- i already have the chalcedony 5 motif, what do you ladies think i should get?

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG noooo lol. I was thinking about it but I don’t want to become the pendant girl kwim. One or two is ok but after that IDk. My wishlist is done for next three years. I’m planning I piece per year as I have handbags and few diamond projects I need to complete. I

I hear you. I'm trying to limit myself to one piece per year too, and good grief, it's only March. How am I going to make it? If a price increase comes, it's my excuse to make a break for it.

Btw, I was talking about the pave butterfly earrings in case I wasn't being clear. Those just "feel" right for you. LOL! Feel right to me... We've got multi-year plans.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Congrats on your Clover!!! That one’s still my absolute favourite :love: What metal did you pick? :appl:

I fell in love with that bangle the moment I saw it, at one of the Vegas boutiques probably a decade ago now, but back then I wasn’t in any position to actually purchase something like that - just the stuff of fantasies! Sometimes I’m still taken aback by the fact that I actually own… What I own… And the knowledge that my younger self would be SO jealous of me :lol:

Thank you for the LT heads up!! Oh wow. So - I’m super tempted to reach out and ask about colour and size. Not gonna lie. BUT… I think I should buy this piece direct from the boutique even if that means waiting a few months ;( I feel like pieces with complicated mechanical parts like hinges and latches, they’ll inevitably need repairs in future, and my SA has been wonderful about zero-questions zero-cost repairs - buying direct from VCA is my best chance of that continuing to be the case! If this was a chain bracelet or something without mechanics, though - yeah I’ll take some preloved savings please and thank you :bigsmile:

The clasp situation created some angst. I realize I’m one of probably ten people total who would even think to angst about this. :lol: But I think I’ve got it figured out. The single row diamond has a different latch than the Signature and Clover - it protrudes less. So if I put that bangle in the middle, and wear the other two so that their latches are on the outside of the stack, everything’s as flush as it’s ever going to get… I’m hoping the latch on the d’Or is inset like the single row -

0662AB61-F1EB-4AC1-B7AB-DFF9AF0E44AF.jpeg

Yes, @yssie, now that I see this bigger picture upclose. I never compared it to the clover, but I remember when trying it on, I thought the clasp was so sleek. Now that I see it compared to the clover and the signature, it makes complete sense. You know my struggle. I just keep looking at your stack and reminding myself to #staystrong.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
wow, that bangle is just BEAUTIFUl, I'm debating between the solid RG 5 motif or the rose gold perlee signature bangle -- i already have the chalcedony 5 motif, what do you ladies think i should get?

Both are very different from the 5 motif chalcedony. I actually have that too. Do you care about matching? Do you purposely want a different color gold? Do you have a preference of bangle over soft bracelet? What color is your other jewelry?

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I hear you. I'm trying to limit myself to one piece per year too, and good grief, it's only March. How am I going to make it? If a price increase comes, it's my excuse to make a break for it.

Btw, I was talking about the pave butterfly earrings in case I wasn't being clear. Those just "feel" right for you. LOL! Feel right to me... We've got multi-year plans.

It’s so hard but my coins and taste dictate that I must reign it pace myself. I do think they are having a price increase soon especially with conflict and sanctions. Ok yes those butterflies are definitely calling my name. Next year I plan to make those happen.

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
Both are very different from the 5 motif chalcedony. I actually have that too. Do you care about matching? Do you purposely want a different color gold? Do you have a preference of bangle over soft bracelet? What color is your other jewelry?

i generally wear rose gold or white gold, so i'm looking for a rose gold bracelet. right now, i have an everyday stack of just a cartier trinity chain bracelet and a rose gold dbty bracelet.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My opinion changes based on whether you’d be looking to stack your chalcedony/Trinity/DBTY and this RG bracelet or keep them separate?

Stacking with the bangle is kind of a pain for me - motifs on chain get caught under it fairly regularly. A tighter bangle - or tighter chains - or both - would mitigate this. And maybe it’s also my wrist shape, too?

Any possibility of trying either of them on before you commit? I know that with inventory that’s a big question mark :???:

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
:(My opinion changes based on whether you’d be looking to stack your chalcedony/Trinity/DBTY and this RG bracelet or keep them separate?

Stacking with the bangle is kind of a pain for me - motifs on chain get caught under it fairly regularly. A tighter bangle - or tighter chains - or both - would mitigate this. And maybe it’s also my wrist shape, too?

Any possibility of trying either of them on before you commit? I know that with inventory that’s a big question mark :???:

the chalcedony bracelet i only wear when i wear white gold — so normally it’d be one of the rose gold bracelets stacked with my other bracelets. i wish i could try on both but they’ve been out of stock for such a long time

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
As i mentioned in other thread, the Perlee Clover RG S isn’t available now in the entire Europe but just as I was about to get train ticket back to London, SA sent me a text saying there is one coming either on Mon or Tue.
Here I am extending my stay in Paris......
Ladies, please wish me luck :P2

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
As i mentioned in other thread, the Perlee Clover RG S isn’t available now in the entire Europe but just as I was about to get train ticket back to London, SA sent me a text saying there is one coming either on Mon or Tue.
Here I am extending my stay in Paris......
Ladies, please wish me luck :P2

Good luck getting your bracelet ! This lack of inventory is a real pain. I’m trying to get hold of a hammered yellow gold 5 motif. I’m apparently on a waiting list at the Bond St boutique. On the other forum, members are saying you have to either pay a deposit or pay in full if you want to secure an out of stock item. Is this what you did or are you just lucky and one became available?
I’m wondering what to do, I don’t have a relationship with van Cleef or dedicated SA.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good luck getting your bracelet ! This lack of inventory is a real pain. I’m trying to get hold of a hammered yellow gold 5 motif. I’m apparently on a waiting list at the Bond St boutique. On the other forum, members are saying you have to either pay a deposit or pay in full if you want to secure an out of stock item. Is this what you did or are you just lucky and one became available?
I’m wondering what to do, I don’t have a relationship with van Cleef or dedicated SA.
I’m in a different geography from you, but my personal instinct is the same was what you’ve seen on the other forum - that a “wait list” that doesn’t require you to demonstrate your interest with (at least) a deposit might be a very long wait indeed.

This might actually be the perfect opportunity for you to create a relationship with an SA for future! Everyone has a first purchase with someone ❤️ I would call the boutique - or visit in-person if possible - and see if you can place a monetary deposit, or potentially even prepay in full, if you’re comfortable doing that. That way you’ll be sure to get one as soon as one is available!! I think return policies and return practicalities vary by location and SA, so I won’t offer any specific thoughts there beyond being sure to ask what your options would be before putting any money down ::)

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
While in London, I did attempt to visit VCA @ Bond Street but was closed on Sunday unfortunately. TBH no plan to buy there given the high tax of 17.5%.

Over in Paris, I first visited VCA @ Vendome, all Perlee Sweet or Reg were OOS regardless of metal colors & sizes.
DS purchased a mini Frivole bracelet for his gf.

We then went to VCA @ Gallery Lafayette. A lovely SA took down our requests for a RG Perlee Reg in S & a 5-motif hammered RG vintage Alhambra vintage. Was told the latter is much difficult to get given its much affordable price.

No deposit was made. What we did was that we went back the next day to show our sincerity. This SA definitely worked harder than the first. Anyway nothing is confirmed till I really get hold of one. Just hope my first purchase with her will make it easier to acquire the hammered gold bracelet in the future.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I chatted with my (NYC-based) SA a couple of days ago. She was in Paris last week.

Takeaways that I can share publicly:

- Inventory is low world-wide. My SA thinks Place Vendome had less in-store than even NYC.
- Inventory will continue to be a challenge for at least a year, most likely. VCA is hiring and training new jewellers and opening new facilities, but… Doing so whilst ensuring that quality doesn’t diminish takes time.
- The number of SOs (requests and in-progress) has doubled from previously. I had to ask her to say that again - doubled!? Pandemic free-time plus lack of stock in store is contributing heavily... IMO this certainly explains the new SO restrictions: They’ll never catch up on stock if the SO pipeline keeps growing.

One additional thought from me - Richemont releases annual financials in March. And several other luxury brands have seen significant price hikes this year. I would love to imagine VCA will be spared but I honestly doubt it ;( I plan to make one more bigger purchase ASAP.

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I chatted with my (NYC-based) SA a couple of days ago. She was in Paris last week.

Takeaways that I can share publicly:

- Inventory is low world-wide. My SA thinks Place Vendome had less in-store than even NYC.
- Inventory will continue to be a challenge for at least a year, most likely. VCA is hiring and training new jewellers and opening new facilities, but… Doing so whilst ensuring that quality doesn’t diminish takes time.
- The number of SOs (requests and in-progress) has doubled from previously. I had to ask her to say that again - doubled!? Pandemic free-time plus lack of stock in store is contributing heavily... IMO this certainly explains the new SO restrictions: They’ll never catch up on stock if the SO pipeline keeps growing.

One additional thought from me - Richemont releases annual financials in March. And several other luxury brands have seen significant price hikes this year. I would love to imagine VCA will be spared but I honestly doubt it ;( I plan to make one more bigger purchase ASAP.

Omg what are you getting??

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Omg what are you getting??

The pave Frivole BTF ring has been on my wishlist for several months! I’ve been dithering on it - for reasons that have nothing to do with the actual piece itself - might as well get it as soon as possible and not risk increased pricing right? I want YG to match my five flower bracelet ❤️

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock

Hi RosieR,

I would recommend reaching out and obtaining SA to build relationship with. Pay the deposit so that it ensures you will get the bracelet. Otherwise it’s going to be long wait

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks @yssie and @Missie1 I have emailed the SA who helped me at Bond St and will follow up with a phone call this week to pay a deposit. I’d really like this by my birthday in October, hopefully I can get it by then and lock in the current price before any price increases.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Ok ladies, an update to share :P2
I got the RG Perlee Clover in size S just now.
Photos will follow when I unbox after returning to London. We are 2days behind schedule but I guess it’s worth the wait :D:D:D

P.S. this was my very first VCA purchase, so happy :)

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Photos will follow when I unbox after returning to London. We are 2days behind schedule but I guess it’s worth the wait :D:D:D

Awesome!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

What a way to start!! Can't wait for photos and thoughts when you're home!

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks ladies :love:
I surely will post photos.
I got to admit I still went ahead with the purchase knowing S which is 16cm equivalent is a little loose while XS/14.5cm is a tad too tight. TBH JUC of 15cm fits me best.
I am not going to bring it to the grave so buying S is definitely a better choice.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results