shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
I keep amending my list! Probably because my list is a combo of possibly attainable and not-in -this-lifetime items...

The list is fluid but we must stick to it Even when its a mile long. I know because complication watches make my heart flutter but definitely not in this lifetime.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
First time I have ever disagreed with one of your posts, @yssie - lapis blue would look fantastic on you!! i think you should go for it!
You're sweet :bigsmile:

I asked about them after all!! But I really wasn’t sure... I told my SA that if they were easily accessible great, if they’d be hard to get hold of I’d take the sign and skip. "Leaving it up to fate" sort of thing. They'd take some work to find, turns out, so... Fate spoke I suppose!

But like someone said in another thread - money comes in, money goes out :bigsmile:I chatted with my SA again a couple hours after that convo and she let me know that one of my SO requests had just been approved. I won't say what it is here in public because I'm still kind of afraid that the universe will hear if I speak it aloud and will smite my hopes :lol: But that news immediately and thoroughly eliminated all worries or disappointments over missing out on these lapis earrings!!

I've got a second SO request out and I've been warned that one will take a while to get an answer. Totally unrelated to the one that just got okay'd. But between those and the Frivole BTF ring - my fun funds are gone for a good long time... Apropos of looming expenses being the best spending deterrents... :shifty:

If they ever come out with florals or foliage (in a size I could actually wear!) in bright pink or deep red or forest green - oh, I know I'm in trouble!!!!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I keep amending my list! Probably because my list is a combo of possibly attainable and not-in -this-lifetime items...
The list is fluid but we must stick to it Even when its a mile long. I know because complication watches make my heart flutter but definitely not in this lifetime.

:???:I've instituted a zero-tolerance wishlist amendment policy to protect myself from myself :lol: My wishlist has four sections - WIP right now, What's next, One day for sure, and One day maybe. Everything I get a hankering for goes into One day maybe and isn't allowed to graduate to any of the other three for two weeks. Period. No exceptions!! If I break the rules then one thing of equal value gets bumped off for the year. The lapis earrings weren't on the wishlist... And looking at the things I know I do want this year - I honestly wouldn't have wanted to kick any of them off in favour of them. So that's for the best afterall! #WishlistIsWorkingSoFar...

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a couple more pics of my current favourite wrist stack ::) The double strand is pretty loose on me and if it doesn't get caught in the bangle it kinda slides down onto my hand a bit - and the bangle doesn't go down that far so for those moments it actually looks nice and neat! But mostly it's just a jumble. The jumble is growing on me :bigsmile:

IMG_3188 copy.png

IMG_3187 copy.png

1648515397099.png

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! I really appreciate your thoughtful response and I could relate - I think frivole is beautiful and I want something non-Alhambra since all my other pieces are currently Alhambra - I am pretty practical and I definitely am casual and the plain wg seems to fit all that (which stops me from getting the pave, let’s say). I have studs but want something larger/with more presence but not over the top for day/office wear. DH keeps encouraging me to just buy them but I just want to try them on in some form or fashion before committing. It’s not because I don’t love them, it’s just how I usually operate when making a purchase. I prefer to try things on, take pics and revisit those pics a million times to obsess and make sure I want something. If I outright purchase it, I know I have a return window but it’s a lot harder (for me) to make a rational decision when the pretties are in my possession! Not trying them on also makes my “what if” radar go off lol first world problems for sure haha anyway thanks again for giving me food for thought and letting me ramble!
Can I be honest? With inventory the way it is - and given how popular Frivole earrings are - I think you could be waiting 6-12 months to be able to try them on in-boutique. Maybe longer. ;( Not because they aren't being made at all, but because they aren't making enough of them (yet!) and as soon as a pair does come in an SA will squirrel it off the floor for a client on his or her waitlist.
Don't want to be a downer but... Purchasing seems to be the only way to get hold of a lot of things right now :(sad At least you can always return or exchange though!!

Last edited:

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Can I be honest? With inventory the way it is - and given how popular Frivole earrings are - I think you could be waiting 6-12 months to be able to try them on in-boutique. Maybe longer. ;( Not because they aren't being made at all, but because they aren't making enough of them (yet!) and as soon as a pair does come in an SA will squirrel it off the floor for a client on his or her waitlist.
Don't want to be a downer but... Purchasing seems to be the only way to get hold of a lot of things right now :(sad At least you can always return or exchange though!!

Thanks! I'm only a few blocks from my SA a couple of times a week so I'm hoping she could squirrel a pair off the floor for me and I'll scurry on over there! :DIf not, I will place the order but I don't mind waiting a couple of weeks for that peace of mind.

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be able to purchase a VCA piece (family member bought something and then returned for credit that they wont use). Has anyone tried on any of these rings?

Or I could get this necklace I love, but I just was given the guilloche pendant so I'm afraid this won't get as much wear as a ring.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the sweet clover ring best of those three options! You've already got a pendant, as you said, and I personally prefer the look of the clover ring to the three row pearls of gold, looks more VCAey ::)

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie @LLJsmom My SA just texted me saying they received a pair (not combo I’m looking for but still works to try on!). OF COURSE I’m WFH today bc I had some labs this morning ;( so I’m seeing if I could go tomorrow…..fingers crossed!! But if not, she’s clearly in the lookout so I’ll stay hopeful!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the sweet clover ring best of those three options! You've already got a pendant, as you said, and I personally prefer the look of the clover ring to the three row pearls of gold, looks more VCAey ::)

I feel the same way, but wanted to do a sanity check haha. It's a wider band than I'm used to (I called VCA yesterday and they said it was a bit over 6mm width. Trying to stack some rings today to figure out whether it would drive me crazy to have something that wide or not. But I do love it.

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I might be able to purchase a VCA piece (family member bought something and then returned for credit that they wont use). Has anyone tried on any of these rings?

Or I could get this necklace I love, but I just was given the guilloche pendant so I'm afraid this won't get as much wear as a ring.

I agree with @yssie that the sweet clover ring would be my pick of these particular 3, however, I’d encourage you to try the ring on before you decide because I feel like the bands aren’t always the most flattering (or maybe that’s just on my huge hands lol). Just curious how you decided on these pieces? Would you consider earrings or other items?

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree with @yssie that the sweet clover ring would be my pick of these particular 3, however, I’d encourage you to try the ring on before you decide because I feel like the bands aren’t always the most flattering (or maybe that’s just on my huge hands lol). Just curious how you decided on these pieces? Would you consider earrings or other items?

Definitely open to other options! This was mostly me looking on the website for things in the 8k or less (ish) range, and seeing what I gravitated towards.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@yssie @LLJsmom My SA just texted me saying they received a pair (not combo I’m looking for but still works to try on!). OF COURSE I’m WFH today bc I had some labs this morning ;( so I’m seeing if I could go tomorrow…..fingers crossed!! But if not, she’s clearly in the lookout so I’ll stay hopeful!
Where's the fingers crossed emoticon? Good luck - I sure hope she can hold 'em til tomorrow!!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a couple more pics of my current favourite wrist stack ::) The double strand is pretty loose on me and if it doesn't get caught in the bangle it kinda slides down onto my hand a bit - and the bangle doesn't go down that far so for those moments it actually looks nice and neat! But mostly it's just a jumble. The jumble is growing on me :bigsmile:

IMG_3188 copy.png

IMG_3187 copy.png

1648515397099.png

I think I love the jumble too!! All 3 pieces work so well with each other and are truly pieces of art. They look fabulous on your skin tone too.. the rose gold is so subtle and warm. LOVE IT ALL!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
NOT mine.. but mine to show I suppose.:lol:
I was in VCA today to get a bracelet made a bit shorter.
As always a lovely experience. I spotted the Perlee Clover band that is soooo on the top of my list to get and I tried all the colors on. Not sure which I like the best. Not sure when and If I will get it but they are so solid and scrumptious. They run a bit large too. The size 47 fit however it's cold here today.. would probably get a 48 because my fingers seem to be growing.:???:

6F0C3A0E-7251-46C2-A5DA-C46CB223129F.jpeg

Attachments

• DF9CB9B7-A0DC-4864-981E-4BE44F68CE6F.jpeg
    DF9CB9B7-A0DC-4864-981E-4BE44F68CE6F.jpeg
    185.3 KB · Views: 56
  • 55637D6E-DD7F-43D6-BCD9-CD97AA8FE03E.jpeg
    55637D6E-DD7F-43D6-BCD9-CD97AA8FE03E.jpeg
    144.1 KB · Views: 36

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely open to other options! This was mostly me looking on the website for things in the 8k or less (ish) range, and seeing what I gravitated towards.

So these are over that 8k budget but if you had any interest in kicking a bit more on the top - they're quintessential VCA!

- - - - -

And these. These are going to be HARD to find. But worth the wait IMO. Either earrings or ring, but the ring will scratch.

- - - - -

Are you a watch person? This colour combo is super fun and wearable ❤️

- - - - -

I don't love most of this release, personally, but the brooch hits the spot for me. It's cute and whimsical and charming without looking cutesy or overly childlike. I like the long necklace too actually but even that veers too far into my definition of "cutesy" - this brooch is the one piece that Just Works, for me! Almost all the lucky animal clips are also within your gift budget without adding anything extra, but I think those need to be paired or tripled to really appreciate.

- - - - -

Of the rings - other than the Frivole BTF - I like the Sweet Clover you already picked out best. It's easier to wear than the original Clover ring, IMO, not all of us have @Rubies-R-Me's long fingers :bigsmile:

Edit: @lovedogs your tastes don't toe any lines!! You mix and match - classic and organic, colourful and monochromatic, shapes and sizes. When I think about what I know of your collection my eyes go to the Lucky Spring brooch and the watch (if you wear watches). Fun and flirty... Lots of your other pieces could take either of these on dates :bigsmile: Neither screams "VCA" to the world, but people who know the brand will recognize them. And they'd both look fab with your pearls!! (Yeah, I went there) :love:

Last edited:

upgradingmama

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So these are over that 8k budget but if you had any interest in kicking a bit more on the top - they're quintessential VCA!

- - - - -

And these. These are going to be HARD to find. But worth the wait IMO. Either earrings or ring, but the ring will scratch.

- - - - -

- - - - -

I don't love most of this release, personally, but the brooch hits the spot for me. It's cute and whimsical and charming without looking cutesy or overly childlike. I like the long necklace too actually but even that veers too far into my definition of "cutesy" - this brooch is the one piece that Just Works, for me! Almost all the lucky animal clips are also within your gift budget without adding anything extra, but I think those need to be paired or tripled to really appreciate.

- - - - -

Of the rings - other than the Frivole BTF - I like the Sweet Clover you already picked out best. It's easier to wear than the original Clover ring, IMO, not all of us have @Rubies-R-Me's long fingers :bigsmile:

WHY WHY WHY do you do this to me????? ;-)

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium

- - - - -

- - - - -

- - - - -

- - - - -

:love:I am absolutely loving your VCA tutorial!! :read:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
As always a lovely experience. I spotted the Perlee Clover band that is soooo on the top of my list to get and I tried all the colors on. Not sure which I like the best. Not sure when and If I will get it but they are so solid and scrumptious. They run a bit large too. The size 47 fit however it's cold here today.. would probably get a 48 because my fingers seem to be growing.:???:

What colour did you like best? I really like the WG on you, I have to say :love:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
What colour did you like best? I really like the WG on you, I have to say :love:

I actually think I liked the white the best too however I have a Cartier Nigeria band in white gold that kind of tickles my "wide white band" itch.
I think I like the yellow gold second best since I don't have a lot of yellow gold.
The rose gold was lovely too but when I got a rose gold watch about a year ago I loaded up on rose gold rings so I'm kind of tired of rose gold at this moment.
A lovely question to ponder though..:D

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you for your thoughts @yssie , as always you give me a lot to think about!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Where's the fingers crossed emoticon? Good luck - I sure hope she can hold 'em til tomorrow!!

Yup they’re on hold for me! :DI put a small deposit down just because I know how limited inventory is and she actually won’t be in tomorrow so that would be prime time for someone else to grab them but she knows I definitely don’t want this metal so I’ll get it back right away (or can transfer to my purchase).

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the YG one on you! The WG for me is a close second!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually think I liked the white the best too however I have a Cartier Nigeria band in white gold that kind of tickles my "wide white band" itch.
I think I like the yellow gold second best since I don't have a lot of yellow gold.
The rose gold was lovely too but when I got a rose gold watch about a year ago I loaded up on rose gold rings so I'm kind of tired of rose gold at this moment.
A lovely question to ponder though..:D

I LOVE the YG on you!

ac117

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I would continue to browse and see what else speaks to you!! I think YG earrings or bracelet in any stone to go with your guilloche necklace would be lovely choices personally! If you don’t like to match, I also think the perlee signature bangle would be a nice choice!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yup they’re on hold for me! :DI put a small deposit down just because I know how limited inventory is and she actually won’t be in tomorrow so that would be prime time for someone else to grab them but she knows I definitely don’t want this metal so I’ll get it back right away (or can transfer to my purchase).
Thats fantastic news!! :appl: Happy visiting and I’m curious what you think!!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results