shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
OMG I can’t even believe it. To score turquoise in this short time span. I really love love the pop of color. I felt pop color was missing and this is the perfect fit. IKR I thought they were magic when I put them on. Like these are huge but I wore around house and fell in love. Thank you so much for all your help with guiding a earring newbie thru the paces.

But they’re so Good Big :bigsmile: They look big but proportionally so - I wish the Vintage size had this sort of impact on me!

And honestly I think with a colour this bright, a little goes a long way - I would actively choose Vintage turquoise over Magic. Even ignoring the price differential.

I love them. I’m so happy for you! Everything has come together so unexpectedly and perfectly!! ❤️

Last edited:
There is someone on the other forum who has a pair of Magic earrings with some sort of custom clip situation. I don’t recall ever seeing photos of this custom clip so I’m not sure what’s different about it, but… VCA has used non-standard clips before. I’m sure this isn’t a minimum spend sort of situation, but I worry the alteration would cost hundreds or thousands… But then again, maybe it costs nothing!?

The Vintage motifs are 16mm edge to edge. So you might be happier with the Magic size. The Magics are 20mm edge to edge, they’d leave lots of room behind for clip machinations… ::)

I think I may need to give up on the vintage earrings and stick to magic, which means I need to wait till I fall in love enough with a pair! The only earrings I’ve really lusted after are vintage YG guilloche and magic WG pave, but I’m over the WG pave already - for 28k I think I could do a LOT of damage that I would use much more than the WG pave.

Thanks for the help and advice once again :)

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I just wanted to add onto what @yssie said about replicas/fakes.

A year or so ago I purchased a yellow gold guilloche pendant from the official VCA website, without being logged into my account. To this day, I am positive I was sent a fake. I said nothing because I thought I would be called insane and just returned it. The color was off, the weight was off. The metal was ORANGE. I returned it the same day it arrived. After I returned it, it never appeared back on the website (continued saying out of stock). They refunded me without any questions, however, so I assumed if they did realize it was fake they knew I didn't send them a fake while receiving an authentic piece...they realized, somehow, that they had sent me a fake to begin with. Maybe by checking their security footage? I am sure the piece was swapped out by someone working there.

I purchased another one a few months later when it was finally back in stock, while logged into my account, and received one that was definitely authentic.

Just because it's from the official online store itself doesn't mean it is 100% for SURE authentic. You have to be vigilant EVERYWHERE and EVERY SINGLE TIME. I know that sounds paranoid, but all it takes is one bad apple to swap out an authentic piece with a fake without anyone noticing. I imagine this could even happen in a boutique, but that seems less likely as it would be much harder to pull off with the amount of cameras they have everywhere and a seasoned SA is far likely to risk their job than an employee who is packing up boxes.

I also have another story about buying a fake.
I really, really wanted the rose gold pave frivole with pink sapphire pendant but I was on a waiting list at the time with my SA, and I stumbled upon one on Vestiaire Collective. It was nearly $14,000 USD. I was so desperate for one that I bought it. The pictures were of the real pendant. The seller even told me that the necklace had been extended by 3" and if I didn't like the extension, they could take it back to the boutique to fix it!! I declined the offer.

It arrived and I was so sure it looked off, but I kept wearing it, telling myself it had passed through the VC authenticators. Later that year, my SA came through and had one ready for me at the boutique.

The second I saw it, my heart sank. I had been wearing a fake rose gold pave frivole with pink sapphire pendant. And I had been wearing it EVERYWHERE. It was SO OBVIOUSLY FAKE. Denial is an insane thing. I really wanted it to be real, and I really should've known that it was not. If I had bothered to compare the serial numbers in the pictures vs the necklace I received, I would've seen that they were not the same. It wasn't even real gold, nor real diamonds. I was completely and totally scammed.

7.jpg
replica/fake on the left, authentic on the right

Luckily I paid with paypal and opened a claim, and was refunded as Vestiaire never responded. The seller I purchased from was selling another one on their same profile with the same exact pictures, and Vestiaire just let them do it. Finally they took down that seller's other listing, but then guess what I just noticed a week ago? Vestiaire Collective is selling the fake necklace I sent back to them, with the same exact pictures, that I was refunded for and they agreed was a replica, on their own seller account (yes, they have their own seller account for returned/disputed items). I am absolutely horrified and I hope no one buys it.

Screen Shot 2022-06-16 at 10.38.38 PM.png

Last edited:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
But they’re so Good Big :bigsmile: They look big but proportionally so - I wish the Vintage size had this sort of impact on me!

And honestly I think with a colour this bright, a little goes a long way - I would actively choose Vintage turquoise over Magic. Even ignoring the price differential.

I love them. I’m so happy for you! Everything has come together so unexpectedly and perfectly!! ❤️

I’m so glad my lobes can make the vintage work. I absolutely love love these. I truly couldn’t have taken the plunge without your guidance. Your the best

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Lol I really didn’t do much of anything but I’m more than happy to enable :lol:

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
The consignment store I sold my white gold perlee clover bracelet to rejected it and is shipping it back to me. They said the latch was not closing properly. I bought it that way from VCA, so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but apparently it is to them :( so now I have to get it repaired from VCA. They said if I resubmit it with the repair paperwork they would accept it (not sure for the same quote though....)

I honestly am kinda glad I'm getting it back, because I was regretting selling it :lol-2:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The consignment store I sold my white gold perlee clover bracelet to rejected it and is shipping it back to me. They said the latch was not closing properly. I bought it that way from VCA, so I didn't think it would be a big deal, but apparently it is to them :( so now I have to get it repaired from VCA. They said if I resubmit it with the repair paperwork they would accept it (not sure for the same quote though....)

I honestly am kinda glad I'm getting it back, because I was regretting selling it :lol-2:

Providence! Keep it!!!! It’s gorgeous, will go with all your WG pieces and impossible to get these days.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Some more pics!

IMG_6241.jpg

IMG_6243.jpg

confession: I have concerns on the authenticity of this piece. the guilloche seems to be reflecting the light a bit differently than my yellow gold guilloche. I'm not sure if that's due to the size difference of the piece. I'm wondering if this could somehow be a high quality replica that somehow fooled FP. However, someone on the other forum said that this was their friend's necklace that they sold to FP. So if it is a rep.....eeek. It is also an extremely rare SO so if it is a replica maybe that's how it fooled FP? I don't know.... I'm going to have my SA look at it.

Here's a video of it next to my authentic (from the boutique) rose gold guilloche & carnelian bracelet:

Yeah, after inspecting it further, I don't think it is real. It's not reflecting light correctly. The lines shouldn't be curved like that. I think I know exactly who they had create this replica too. She's very popular over on reddit. Pretty bummed out this made it past FP authenticators.

What do you guys think?

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have a COA?

If it was an SO ordered through NM it might not be in the VCA system? I know that’s true of regular stock but I’m not sure if it’s the case for SOs as well.

If you’re not comfy then returning is for sure the safest thing to do. Unfortunately SA running the serial doesn’t provide total reassurance either way!

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Does it have a COA?

If it was an SO ordered through NM it might not be in the VCA system? I know that’s true of regular stock but I’m not sure if it’s the case for SOs as well.

If you’re not comfy then returning is for sure the safest thing to do.

Hmmm. I didn't consider that possibility.

yes it has a COA

do you agree that it looks like it's reflecting light weirdly? I'm really bummed, because I like it and I can't just easily get another one as it's an SO ;( so I want to be sure it's a replica before returning it

Does it have a COA?

If you’re not comfy then returning is for sure the safest thing to do. Unfortunately SA running the serial doesn’t provide total reassurance either way!

Do you know if a COA from NM would look any different from one directly from VCA?

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
What is mind-blowing to me is not that this necklace could be a fake, but that the commenter on the other forum volunteered that it was her friend's SO she sold to FP. The commenter is a trusted OG with tens of thousands of comments. Why say that if it wasn't true? It makes me think either somehow this is a real necklace, or her friend sold her real SO to FP and there's someone doing an inside job at FP and swapping items out and selling fakes to customers? That sounds insane, but I guess it could be possible. I've seen that reddit forum. Some of them are very good fakes. It wouldn't be impossible for an employee who had access to the stock to request a replica piece to be made, and swap out the items. Other alternative I guess is that her friend knowingly sold FP a replica and the authenticators missed it.

It's also true that running the serial isn't 100% for sure, because people who make reps can reuse serial numbers.

Between this and the Shay incidents, I seriously feel like I'm losing it lol. I think I need to take a break from buying jewelry.

What is mind-blowing to me is not that this necklace could be a fake, but that the commenter on the other forum volunteered that it was her friend's SO she sold to FP. The commenter is a trusted OG with tens of thousands of comments. Why say that if it wasn't true? It makes me think either somehow this is a real necklace, or her friend sold her real SO to FP and there's someone doing an inside job at FP and swapping items out and selling fakes to customers? That sounds insane, but I guess it could be possible. I've seen that reddit forum. Some of them are very good fakes. It wouldn't be impossible for an employee who had access to the stock to request a replica piece to be made, and swap out the items. Other alternative I guess is that her friend knowingly sold FP a replica and the authenticators missed it.

It's also true that running the serial isn't 100% for sure, because people who make reps can reuse serial numbers.

Between this and the Shay incidents, I seriously feel like I'm losing it lol. I think I need to take a break from buying jewelry.

Would it be possible for the serial number to not show up for you if the piece was purchased internationally? I've heard it go either way as to whether VCA's system is synced across countries and/or continents.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
Would it be possible for the serial number to not show up for you if the piece was purchased internationally? I've heard it go either way as to whether VCA's system is synced across countries and/or continents.

Ooh that's a good thought too. I didn't consider that either....it's too late to message my SA now, so I will have to ask these questions tomorrow

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
The COA doesn't have a stamp on it, so I can't tell what store it came from. I find that a bit odd.

Ooh that's a good thought too. I didn't consider that either....it's too late to message my SA now, so I will have to ask these questions tomorrow
The COA doesn't have a stamp on it, so I can't tell what store it came from. I find that a bit odd.

I wish there was a hug emoji. Fingers and toes crossed that it ends up being authentic and you can start enjoying it again.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
I spoke to the person who's friend sold the pendant to FP. She is sure it is not a fake. I'm guessing that the piece was purchased at an independent store, not a standalone VCA boutique, and that is why it was not in the system. Possibly my SA didn't know that, since she doesn't work at an independent store. I feel really bad for freaking out, I apologize. I was told incorrect information.

I think the light is reflecting differently on it because it is a larger motif than my vintage guilloche, there is much more surface area.

Ahh, I feel embarrassed for freaking out. :wacko:

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A few of mine don’t have stamps - bought from boutiques or NM. That’s not a worry unto itself :))

I don’t trust preloved purchases unless I have a personal relationship with the original purchaser. For everyone else - trust but verify. Forum status wouldn’t sway me from wanting verification, personally, esp for a piece this unusual. So I’d def plan to get it authenticated (I know that’s expensive and takes a long time) or at the very least serviced! But your SA should be willing to help you with either!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know if a COA from NM would look any different from one directly from VCA?

The CoA would be exactly the same, minus the VCA boutique stamp. But pieces bought directly from a boutique sometimes also don’t have the boutique stamp! And the two pieces I bought from the website don’t have stamped CoAs either - they’re several years old now though.

I just caught up on the other forum and someone confirmed that SOs ordered through Neiman Marcus etc. won’t show up in whatever internal registry VCA uses. Same as normal stock from
independent locations doesn’t show up. And I’d forgotten about international purchases not showing up sometimes - that too. You’d think in 2022 a global company would have their identification systems all linked up :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks authentic to me. I've spent an unreasonable amount of time looking at how guilloche "moves" in terms of reflecting light, and have seen tons of videos of replicas. Even the best reps cant get the light play "right". Yours has the play of light I would expect. Obviously my opinion isnt super meaningful, but just wanted to share my thoughts. .

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Does it have a COA?

@glitterbomb - take it easy for a second. Anything sold through NM is not recorded at VCA. The only way to confirm is to send it through the authentication process and have Paris look at it. It will cost $1800 and take 6 months at least but if you have time, why not.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I spoke to the person who's friend sold the pendant to FP. She is sure it is not a fake. I'm guessing that the piece was purchased at an independent store, not a standalone VCA boutique, and that is why it was not in the system. Possibly my SA didn't know that, since she doesn't work at an independent store. I feel really bad for freaking out, I apologize. I was told incorrect information.

I think the light is reflecting differently on it because it is a larger motif than my vintage guilloche, there is much more surface area.

Ahh, I feel embarrassed for freaking out. :wacko:

I noticed the slightly more curved reflection pattern on the bigger motif as well and I thought the same thing. The larger size of the motif causes it to look like it’s more curved but it’s not. It’s the size of the motif that makes the reflection pattern appear slightly more curved. Just my theory.

glitterbomb

Shiny_Rock
@glitterbomb - take it easy for a second. Anything sold through NM is not recorded at VCA. The only way to confirm is to send it through the authentication process and have Paris look at it. It will cost $1800 and take 6 months at least but if you have time, why not.

Yes, my SA just confirmed this is true and suggested that I have it authenticated for $1800. I'm not sure why at first my SA was so convinced it was fake when it could have been purchased at any independent boutique and wouldn't have shown up in their system. :shifty:

Missie1

Brilliant_Rock
YOU GUYS IT IS NOT REAL. MY SA CHECKED THE SERIAL NUMBER (a VERY special favor - don't ask your SAs to do this please). NOT IN THE SYSTEM. IT'S FAKE.

Oh no that’s horrible. Also want to add It’s not that special of a favor for established clients.

Buttercookies

Brilliant_Rock
Here's a pic of my current collection, except for a few pieces that I am in the process of selling (9 motif Frivole pave white gold necklace, 10 motif pave white gold Alhambra necklace, 16 motif sweet pave white gold necklace, & a 6 motif sweet pave white gold Alhambra bracelet) & one piece I waiting to arrive (yellow gold pave magic Alhambra earrings)

IMG_6038.jpg

Holy macaroni!

I am having a heart attack! Because there is so much to see … and also because you’re shuffling them like a mosh pit!

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, my SA just confirmed this is true and suggested that I have it authenticated for $1800. I'm not sure why at first my SA was so convinced it was fake when it could have been purchased at any independent boutique and wouldn't have shown up in their system. :shifty:

Do you plan to go the auth route?

You also of course have the option of just SOing your own!

Your SA… I don’t know what to say to that to be honest. It would be silly of her/him to tarnish your relationship over a <$10k piece, I’ve got to assume that she/he just didn’t think about all those other possibilities in the moment! A mistake that I’m sure won’t be made again. (Or if it is - time for a new SA!)

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results