shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Last edited:

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
To those of you who have tried the Magic pave pendant with bail chain. Did you find this pendant too large for your frame. I'm petite and would like something I can wear for everyday use with cashmere jumpers and yoga pants/jeans. I tried the Vintage alhambra WG with diamonds and found it a tad bit too small to have a wow factor. Do you think the magic size is as timeless as the Vintage alhambra?

To those of you who have tried the Magic pave pendant with bail chain. Did you find this pendant too large for your frame. I'm petite and would like something I can wear for everyday use with cashmere jumpers and yoga pants/jeans. I tried the Vintage alhambra WG with diamonds and found it a tad bit too small to have a wow factor. Do you think the magic size is as timeless as the Vintage alhambra?

Personally I think the magic is as timeless as the vintage! It certainly makes a statement but I don’t find it too much for everyday wear if you are a blingy person in general. Why not cut out a piece of paper to the general dimensions of the magic motif size and stick it to your person to see if the size works for you, if you can’t go try it on?

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love it but the Magic pave would be too much for my daily casual wear. I have the vintage pave pendant, but I do hope to get a couple of the long Magic pendants with the stones such as onyx, etc.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
I love it but the Magic pave would be too much for my daily casual wear. I have the vintage pave pendant, but I do hope to get a couple of the long Magic pendants with the stones such as onyx, etc.

I would prefer a piece that is somewhat discreet and not too eye catching. The Perlee clover WG diamond bracelet was on my list but the size S was too snug and M too big. I might consider the Ginza edition magic alhambra MOP pendant even though it's PG and not WG. The size is in between Vintage alhambra and the standard Magic size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would prefer a piece that is somewhat discreet and not too eye catching. The Perlee clover WG diamond bracelet was on my list but the size S was too snug and M too big. I might consider the Ginza edition magic alhambra MOP pendant even though it's PG and not WG. The size is in between Vintage alhambra and the standard Magic size.

I actually love that size! I'd like to have the Ginza and Hong Kong pendants, but they are hard to access unless someone goes there and brings back some! It would be nice if VCA would just make those pendants in their regular stock. I think they are a great size for everyday but have a little more presence than vintage size.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@diamondseeker2006: Do you wear your Vintage alhambra pave pendant on a daily basis?

No, I don't but it's mostly because I am not going out anywhere on a daily basis at the moment. If I worked somewhere daily, I might. I think it's a very versatile piece, but I only put on jewelry like that if going out to dinner or something similar. I usually wear the matching earrings with it. I am wearing a diamonds-by-the-yard necklace almost daily because it's slightly more casual.

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello everyone
I am thinking about purchasing my first ever VCA piece. I have always loved the Vintage Alhambra in MOP set in white gold. So I think that will be my very first purchase.
Unfortunately there is no VCA in Scotland where I live and due to the virus situation I will likely purchase online. Travel isn’t an option for me right now

I prefer my bangles and bracelets to be very neat on. My Cartier love fits snugly and it’s how I like it. I don’t like movement.
So if you wear a size 16 inyour Cartier Love what length do you wear your VCA Alhambra bracelet at?
It is listed as 18cms online and I think I may have to have it reduced by about a centimetre to for snuggly.

Thank you

susimoo

Brilliant_Rock
Having asked online at TPF I am going to put this purchase on hold. I think in retrospect I’d rather choose my own MOP and have it sized with VCA’s input.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock

I have the long Magic Alhambra in yg and onyx. I love it. I can easily dress it up or make it casual. I wear it with jeans and a tank top often (at least pre COVID). Also pulling the necklace over my head and not dealing with the clasp is a plus. The chain easily doubles up if I want to wear it short. I will say that when I wear the chain long, I wear it on the second loop. The first is just a little long on me. I am 5’2”. Also keep in mind that the necklace will swing a little so be aware of what you are doing when you sit or stand. For example you don’t want it to swing out and hit a counter or the table.

Cristallo

Shiny_Rock
Also keep in mind that the necklace will swing a little so be aware of what you are doing when you sit or stand. For example you don’t want it to swing out and hit a counter or the table.
I'm a little bit concerned about having to be aware of the pendant moving and hitting something.

What do you ladies think of the 10 motif necklace? Would it work for someone like me with a slightly wide neck? I haven't tried been able to try it on since it's never been on my radar. The 20 motif was too long on me.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@Cristallo the movement might be minimal on the one without the bale. Mine is the one with the bale.

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@LLJsmom I love your new 10 motif chalcedony necklace!!! Chalcedony is my favorite VCA stone too. I tried to do a special order for the magic pendant in that stone and was told that combo was not possible. Maybe some day. In the meantime, I have been really admiring the 20 motif in chalcedony. I am partial to not having to deal with a clasp but I think your 10 motif is just stunning. Congrats!

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade
@LLJsmom I love your new 10 motif chalcedony necklace!!! Chalcedony is my favorite VCA stone too. I tried to do a special order for the magic pendant in that stone and was told that combo was not possible. Maybe some day. In the meantime, I have been really admiring the 20 motif in chalcedony. I am partial to not having to deal with a clasp but I think your 10 motif is just stunning. Congrats!

chalcedony is my favorite vca stone too! just wanted to let you know that the magic chalcedony pendant will actually be released I think in October! hurrah!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sweet Alhambra in carnelian/rose gold! Love my sweet little stack. F1B0BFEF-0F15-4AD6-8B04-13A3236D139E.jpeg

Love this! What's the stone on the red string? I wear silk threads too, in amongst my more expensive bracelets. It's an eclectic look that I have many people comment on, but have never seen on anyone else. We must have similar style! Apart from your massive diamonds, obviously. I don't have any of those!

GossamerAngel

Shiny_Rock
Love this! What's the stone on the red string? I wear silk threads too, in amongst my more expensive bracelets. It's an eclectic look that I have many people comment on, but have never seen on anyone else. We must have similar style! Apart from your massive diamonds, obviously. I don't have any of those!
It’s a $20 created opal hamsa on a red cord that I got from the mall :lol: I can be superstitious and I almost always have some protective talisman on me. This little guy is going on 2 years old! I expect him to fall off any day now but he clings on for dear life!
image.jpg

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
@sunny05 thanks for the heads up!! Fingers crossed. That would be awesome.

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s a $20 created opal hamsa on a red cord that I got from the mall :lol: I can be superstitious and I almost always have some protective talisman on me. This little guy is going on 2 years old! I expect him to fall off any day now but he clings on for dear life!
image.jpg

I love it! I'm also quite a superstitious person & wear silks with beads for health, positivity & protection too. They get knotted on & stay until they snap :kiss2:

aac2013

Shiny_Rock
Guess what just arrived. Thanks to @sunny05 for giving me the heads up on the Oct 1st release of the magic alhambra pendant in chalcedony in wg. I tried to special order this exact combo last year but was told 'impossible'. So I jumped on the phone with NY store and squeezed in a pre order at the old price (eye roll that there was a pre-release price that then increased on Sept 24th before it even became available). Anyway thought I would share. I love it!

20201003_114436.jpg

20201003_114642.jpg

20201003_114702.jpg

RosieR

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Guess what just arrived. Thanks to @sunny05 for giving me the heads up on the Oct 1st release of the magic alhambra pendant in chalcedony in wg. I tried to special order this exact combo last year but was told 'impossible'. So I jumped on the phone with NY store and squeezed in a pre order at the old price (eye roll that there was a pre-release price that then increased on Sept 24th before it even became available). Anyway thought I would share. I love it!

20201003_114436.jpg

20201003_114642.jpg

20201003_114702.jpg

The stone looks even more beautiful in the larger size! Like a water colour :kiss2:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20201003_114436.jpg

20201003_114642.jpg

20201003_114702.jpg

Wow, that piece of chalcedony is beautiful!!! So happy you got it before the increase! I think a few people probably did the same thing...myself included (but not a new release).

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

20201003_114436.jpg

20201003_114642.jpg

20201003_114702.jpg

Gorgeous. :kiss2: Love chalcedony. So happy for you. Hope you can wear this a lot. Mod shots would be welcome too!

sunny05

Rough_Rock
Trade

20201003_114436.jpg

20201003_114642.jpg

20201003_114702.jpg

soooo gorgeous. glad you got this beauty, would love to see some mod shots

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results