carat
color
clarity

Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fans

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Re: Let's talk branded pieces...Yssie, DS, and all other fan

Ohh beautiful Snowdrop!! Such a classic "wardrobe staple" piece that's nonetheless both very wearable and very low-maintenance - that intersection of attributes is so rare :appl:

And how completely awesome that your very first piece is your One!! :bigsmile: we need some modeling pics!

And Glam I'm late to the party - your new necklace is lovely! I'm really not a "classic pearl strand" kind of girl - I like a bit more edge to my pearl pieces, apparently just like you :bigsmile:

How long is it? And can you wear it as a longer single strand or is it meant to always be double-stranded?

My VCA adventures took a nosedive - the Perlee went back :(sad
It just... Wasn't what I really want, and I felt like I was "settling" with it. What I really want is the clover but the cost difference is laughable! Maybe I'll get lucky like you Snowdrop, and one will go up for sale preloved...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop, that is beautiful! Could you post a neck shot? Did you see FancyDiamond's listing of perfectly matching earrings in Pre-loved? It would be so great if....

Yssie, so sorry the perlee went back. However, if it wasn't what you wanted the most then there is no point in settling. It's so expensive that after spending that much money you want it to be exactly what you want. I am sure something will come along that you will be more at peace with buying. Did you see FancyDiamond's gold Alhambra earrings?

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1449317788|3957849 said:
Much to my surprise I have just bought my first VCA piece! On the grounds of wearability I had decided to go for the single Alhambra MOP pendant but wasn't completely convinced. I knew I would not be able to try pieces on as I live far from a boutique, and I had some concerns about different pieces having a different sheen or texture. I also felt that my "one VCA piece to rule them all" would be the yellow gold 10 motif necklace........

Incredibly, a couple of weeks ago, a seller I had been watching listed a preowned 10 motif and after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I bought it!

It is so beautiful, I can't quite believe it's mine! It has a nice weight to it, I can feel it is there when I wear it but it is not uncomfortable in any way. It also matches in to my fairly casual wardrobe much better than I expected.

Apologies for the terrible photo, taken with iPod.
I can feel your excitement about owning such a refined piece of jewelry that goes with everything and can be worn in every occasion. The great deal is icing on the cake. Congratulations!

Sometime in the future, consider adding a bracelet or another 10-motifs (can be with colored stones) to give some variety of lengths. Just be careful about resale market for stone pieces. I see so many fakes ring sold online, and I cannot believe people buy them at high prices! I can tell, because I compare the details with my own pieces.

VCA jewelry is really exquisite. Tiffany and Cartier just do not have the same appeal to me.

FancyDiamond

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

LLJsmom|1449325179|3957862 said:
Snowdrop, that is beautiful! Could you post a neck shot? Did you see FancyDiamond's listing of perfectly matching earrings in Pre-loved? It would be so great if....

Yssie, so sorry the perlee went back. However, if it wasn't what you wanted the most then there is no point in settling. It's so expensive that after spending that much money you want it to be exactly what you want. I am sure something will come along that you will be more at peace with buying. Did you see FancyDiamond's gold Alhambra earrings?
LLJsmom, you are so sweet and helpful to us. I did not see your post until after I commented on Snowdrop's necklace. For your information, I removed my LT listing, because someone is considering my earrings. I agreed to hold them for her for two weeks. If someone else is interested, I can create a new listing, so people can contact me in case my buyer changes her mind.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

FancyDiamond|1449328206|3957875 said:
LLJsmom|1449325179|3957862 said:

LLJsmom, you are so sweet and helpful to us. I did not see your post until after I commented on Snowdrop's necklace. For your information, I removed my LT listing, because someone is considering my earrings. I agreed to hold them for her for two weeks. If someone else is interested, I can create a new listing, so people can contact me in case my buyer changes her mind.

FD, congrats on a quick sale. That took all of 10 seconds!! I wish you luck though I do wish that a wonderful PSer could buy it. Your collection is stunning btw. :clap:

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1449323536|3957854 said:
Ohh beautiful Snowdrop!! Such a classic "wardrobe staple" piece that's nonetheless both very

My VCA adventures took a nosedive - the Perlee went back :(sad
It just... Wasn't what I really want, and I felt like I was "settling" with it. What I really want is the clover but the cost difference is laughable! Maybe I'll get lucky like you Snowdrop, and one will go up for sale preloved...

I hope your nose is OK--life is too short to settle! :bigsmile:

I'll keep my eye out for you....

cheers--Sharon

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, LLJsmom and FancyDiamond, thank you so much for your lovely supportive comments! I have been very lucky to find this piece- I'm not sure I could have justified it had it not been pre loved. Yssie, I hope you find your perfect piece very soon. LLJsmom and FD- I didn't see the earrings but am not surprised they were snapped up! I think my bling budget is used up for a bit anyhow.......but a bracelet to add a bit more length? That sounds like a thoroughly practical idea, I must keep a look out :naughty:

I've been wearing the necklace all over the place, even to the supermarket- part of the fun for me is that no-one in this wee corner of the world will recognise the design. Here is a picture, as you can see I have just chucked it on over a jumper (the weather is pretty grey and wet at present).

Might be slightly out of focus, sorry!

_1059.jpeg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13|1449761646|3959826 said:
Yssie, LLJsmom and FancyDiamond, thank you so much for your lovely supportive comments! I have been very lucky to find this piece- I'm not sure I could have justified it had it not been pre loved. Yssie, I hope you find your perfect piece very soon. LLJsmom and FD- I didn't see the earrings but am not surprised they were snapped up! I think my bling budget is used up for a bit anyhow.......but a bracelet to add a bit more length? That sounds like a thoroughly practical idea, I must keep a look out :naughty:

I've been wearing the necklace all over the place, even to the supermarket- part of the fun for me is that no-one in this wee corner of the world will recognise the design. Here is a picture, as you can see I have just chucked it on over a jumper (the weather is pretty grey and wet at present).

Oh so lovely! :love:

cheers--Sharon

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop. That is casual fabulousness. That would be awesome to wear daily. Looks great on you too. Gives me courage to consider the single motif in yellow gold. Seriously. Love it. And love that you wear it all day, and to the grocery store too. So awesome!

GlamMosher

Shiny_Rock

Yssie|1449323536|3957854 said:
And Glam I'm late to the party - your new necklace is lovely! I'm really not a "classic pearl strand" kind of girl - I like a bit more edge to my pearl pieces, apparently just like you :bigsmile:

How long is it? And can you wear it as a longer single strand or is it meant to always be double-stranded?

Hi Yssie,
Yes I wear it long.
20151120_161637_resized.jpg

I do love all of the VCA pieces you girls have, but I am trying not to look. I have recently bought (second hand all from the same source but pretty much brand new) a Chanel tote, the Chanel pearls, a Prada Saffiano Lux tote, and a LV python Speedy 20, so I MUST NOT BUY ANYTHING ELSE!

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Snowdrop13, where did you find such a fabulous piece pre-loved?! :love: I have been coveting a 10 motif for a long time, but cannot mentally get over the hefty price tag! I have a single motif that I wear regularly but want something a bit more "substantial".

Snowdrop13

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Canuck-gal, thank you!

LLJsmom- go for it! I wore the necklace to the school play last night, such fun :angel:

GlamMosher- that necklace is fab, you are a girl after my own heart, I love a bargain too.

CareBear- I'd seen the piece for sale on a couple of US sites, Oakgem was one, however with duty and taxes on import into the UK there wasn't any saving for me. I found a UK seller via eBay, although they have a separate website. They have a few items from VCA and Cartier, I thought it would take ages for anything I was interested in to come up and was prepared to wait.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I love those VC&A pieces. I am so jealous. Even second hand they are out of my price range.

Abby12

Shiny_Rock

I am adding my gold rolex with new mother of pearl and diamond dial. Not sure of watches are allowed, but wanted to play!

_1280.jpeg

_1281.jpeg

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Love the gold 10 motif necklace, the Chanel pearl necklace, and the Rolex! (Abby, there is a Show Me your Luxury Watches thread!)

Here's a meager little addition from me. I am always watching for things, and these have been on my list forever. I think they will allow me to mix in some golds with my white metals! Cartier Trinity hoops....love them!

_35995.jpg

_35996.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Ohhh DS, they're lovely!! I remember you'd been talking about earrings like this for a while, I'm thrilled you found a pair :appl:

They're substantial on the ear :sun: Are they comfortable? How often do you wear them, vs. your new studs? ::)

Abby sleek and luxe :love:

And here's Pinto's new stack, for anyone who might have missed her post in the Cartier SMTB thread :love: :love: :love: - Hope you don't mind me reposting Pinto!

image_3933.jpg
image_3932.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Abby loving the MoP face!!

DS the earrings are classically beautiful!

Yssie, I'm so flattered that you thought to repost my pics! Btw, how do you do that? :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean|1452888085|3976480 said:
Yssie, I'm so flattered that you thought to repost my pics! Btw, how do you do that? :wavey:
Your stack is STUNNING and this thread is one of my favourites - those pics just *had* to be here :bigsmile:

One easy way to copy pictures from other PS threads on Windows is to right click on the pic, choose "Copy image address" (that's what it's called in Chrome, it's probably a bit different in other browsers), and paste the URL into your post between img tags -
Code:
[ATTACH=full]579624[/ATTACH]

Attachments

• image_3932.jpg
    image_3932.jpg
    207 KB · Views: 19

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

A question for the regulars on this thread... What would you do? And what direction, given what you know of me, do you think I should go in?

A few months ago I got - and quickly returned - the YG Perlee Signature bracelet. It went back for a couple of reasons: I already have a fair number of plain higher-karat YG bangles and didn't need another... different as the VCA is, it didn't feel different enough to merit the cost difference. And the bracelet I really wanted was the VCA Perlee Clover.
I've since had a few more opportunities to try on the Clover Perlee and I fall a bit further in love every time. But it's $30k, 18k with ~2ctw diamond melee... Which, to me, is completely outrageous, even by the VCA standard of outrageousness.

I have my dream studs and an eternity band I've been thrilled to wear daily for four years. I'll have a RHR soon (my old RDG reset with a pink tourmaline), and a statement bracelet is the last "big" piece I'm looking for.

I can't say I truly miss having a traditional centerstone-type Ering, but... it just seems so much *smarter* to invest in a single diamond rather than a massively overpriced branded bangle! Given a money tree I'd get both, but... well, I have this Thing about ring centerstones and studs being of certain proportions and I'd be looking for ~4.5ct to stay in proportion, and $30k is nowhere near sufficient for that sort of size and I don't want to spend more...

So I have three options:
1. Get the Perlee
2. Get a single larger diamond
3. Get a bunch of other smaller pieces I've wanted for a while - VCA small MOP Cosmos earrings, a couple of stackers, some pearl pieces...

Opinions?

Jambalaya

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie, what a delicious question. Such fun for a gray afternoon!

I would get the smaller things. It's great having a number of items to choose from each day, depending on mood, season, color outfit.

But, since you have some money to spend, may I just make a little suggestion? Have you discovered the brand Kiki McDonough, worn by the Duchess of Cambridge and Princess Diana before her? I love this brand; I think it's so luxe. I have four of their pieces and they are so well-made. Here's the website: www.kiki.co.uk

Just a thought! :wavey:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Thank you for your thoughts and your suggestion Jamba!

I do know of Kiki McDonough - from you! :bigsmile: I've seen some of your posts and pictures and I've got a handful of your inspiration drops saved to my own favourites ::) Their bracelets are more dainty and delicate than what I'm looking for but I really like some of their earring styles, and the cufflinks - why are nice, casual cufflinks so hard to find in the US?!

Heh. "Have" conveys a bit too much immediacy I'm afraid - it'll be a few months before I can think about a purchase! But... if I do go the VCA route... I'd want to buy sooner than later to avoid price hikes ;(

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

As much as I love VCA, I love bigger bling more! I would get a single larger diamond in a fabulous setting (since I know you love to spend $$ on a quality setting on all of your pieces) instead of several smaller pieces (which are not as satisfying to me, personally!). Or maybe you can find a perlee on the secondary market from a reputable dealer?

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

m-2-b|1452895205|3976522 said:
As much as I love VCA, I love bigger bling more! I would get a single larger diamond in a fabulous setting (since I know you love to spend $$ on a quality setting on all of your pieces) instead of several smaller pieces (which are not as satisfying to me, personally!). Or maybe you can find a perlee on the secondary market from a reputable dealer?
You and I are often on the same page... :halo:

I recognise that I'm going to sound like a spoilt brat saying this, but... my main concern with the Large Single Diamond route is that $30k isn't enough to buy the diamond I want! This stone (no longer available) is probably closest, but still a bit smaller in diameter than I'd prefer: http://www.jewelsbygrace.com/loose-diamonds/3-01-ct-and-up/3-96ct-old-european-cut-diamond#.Vpl9g_krJaQ

A larger rose cut might be something to think about... That or borrowing FK's magical holy-grail-hunting skill for a month :bigsmile:

Seems Perlee Clovers are rarer than Signatures on the secondary market and I want YG, which I've never seen pre-loved :(sad I'm definitely keeping watch though!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Yssie--have you checked any Canadian Estate websites for VCA?

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

HI:

Speaking of branded pieces....might I ask a question?

To what lengths would you go (or have gone) to ascertain if an Estate piece you are interested in is authentic? I am referring to a colored stone, and Cartier. Does anyone know if Cartier provides an authentication service? Tell me your stories.... :wavey:

Don't mean to be cryptic, but yanno :bigsmile: :saint:

cheers--Sharon

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1452901516|3976576 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!

I'm not sure, actually! I trawl FirstDibs, Vestiaire, and a handful of consignment stores with websites. Can you recommend any stores?

Interestingly a lot of consignment places aren't terribly interested in "looking out" for particular pieces for people - vague "we'll try to keep an eye out" was the most common response. Maybe all the stores I've contacted are just too high-volume to keep track of specifics or something :sick:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

canuk-gal|1452901763|3976577 said:
HI:

To what lengths would you go (or have gone) to ascertain if an Estate piece you are interested in is authentic? I am referring to a colored stone, and Cartier. Does anyone know if Cartier provides an authentication service? Tell me your stories.... :wavey:

cheers--Sharon

Cryptic, eh? 8)

Me, I'm a stickler for authenticity... having a long conversation with an SA in-store who checks it out, sends it to the workshop, and looks up owner history in whatever database they keep is in theory good enough for me, but in practice... I ultimately wanted paperwork on the couple of pieces I bought second-hand anyway.

IMO the cheapest way to authenticate with complete, total confidence is just to send it to Cartier for servicing! A polishing that you pay for, say. And I have to say, their servicing pricing is shockingly reasonable!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1452901990|3976581 said:
canuk-gal|1452901516|3976576 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Hi Sharon!

I'm not sure, actually! I trawl FirstDibs, Vestiaire, and a handful of consignment stores with websites. Can you recommend any stores?

Interestingly a lot of consignment places aren't terribly interested in "looking out" for particular pieces for people - vague "we'll try to keep an eye out" was the most common response. Maybe all the stores I've contacted are just too high-volume to keep track of specifics or something :sick:

I know what you are saying, but I keep at it!

I've called about a few items, Very responsive. Nice website.

http://vanrijkestatejewellers.com/

People might object to pawn shops, but I am not deterred. :bigsmile: Purchased branded items here. Website kinda weird but easily searchable. And they have much more than offered on website.

http://oliverjewellery.ca/

Very responsive and friendly. I keep my eye out here....

http://www.janevining.net/

cheers--Sharon

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Yssie|1452902427|3976585 said:
canuk-gal|1452901763|3976577 said:
HI:

cheers--Sharon

Cryptic, eh? 8)

Me, I'm a stickler for authenticity... having a long conversation with an SA in-store who checks it out, sends it to the workshop, and looks up owner history in whatever database they keep is in theory good enough for me, but in practice... I ultimately wanted paperwork on the couple of pieces I bought second-hand anyway.

IMO the cheapest way to authenticate with complete, total confidence is just to send it to Cartier for servicing! A polishing that you pay for, say. And I have to say, their servicing pricing is shockingly reasonable!!

Good idea! They don't offer an authentication service per the email I just received.

cheers--Sharon

springerspaniel

Brilliant_Rock

ACK! Like I need more lovely websites of estate and signed jewelry to tempt me! Thanks Sharon.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results