shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
But if they are both wearing Alhambra, how do the earrings decide who wins?

Idk Alex, what if Wade Boggs hadn’t counted on his opposing team members also eating chicken?

Are you gonna show us your VCA or just continue being a chucklehead? :)

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Are you gonna show us your VCA...

I have none. She has none. We mostly just have some one-offs.

OTOH, it's not like I'm wasting anyone's valuable time here :cool2:

They are definitely growing on me -- esp. the tiny black onyx earrings. Except they're a bit like Rolex and Porsche -- and I'm opposed to any luxury good that I have to battle for or prove that I'm worthy of.

That said, they were super-nice to me in their Boston store. I posted photos of some VCA "high jewelry" on this thread or another.

This time, I mostly wanted to know if they looked like the real deal (@yssie says yes) and I wanted to know if there was a sponsorship arrangement. I can find all sorts of sponsorship info for pro tennis players -- including a lo of the relationships that I am already familiar with -- but I was puzzled that I could not find any confirmation that these two players have a sponsorship deal with VCA. That's when I thought maybe it's like a gift bag at the Oscars or Grammys -- everybody gets one and they're full of cool free stuff but you're not actually paid to use/wear it.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

They are definitely growing on me -- esp. the tiny black onyx earrings. Except they're a bit like Rolex and Porsche -- and I'm opposed to any luxury good that I have to battle for or prove that I'm worthy of.

That said, they were super-nice to me in their Boston store. I posted photos of some VCA "high jewelry" on this thread or another.

This time, I mostly wanted to know if they looked like the real deal (@yssie says yes) and I wanted to know if there was a sponsorship arrangement. I can find all sorts of sponsorship info for pro tennis players -- including a lo of the relationships that I am already familiar with -- but I was puzzled that I could not find any confirmation that these two players have a sponsorship deal with VCA. That's when I thought maybe it's like a gift bag at the Oscars or Grammys -- everybody gets one and they're full of cool free stuff but you're not actually paid to use/wear it.

I doubt they were free. VCA doesn’t need to. The sweet Alhambra are a great size. You should go for it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yeah I just blindly assume all the bling worn on tour is real ’cause imagine the kerfuffle wearing something inauthentic could create, social media would have a field day :shock:

The pay to play is real. Can’t deny it. It’s always been a thing, special creations offered only to longtime high spenders, but… Now it’s spreading. Lines and creations that wouldn’t have been restricted access ten years ago are now invite-only. Who’s to blame? Wealthy owners looking to get wealthier, sure. And Hermes. More specifically Hermes’ success with their quota bag system - thanks to the brand-obsessed aspirational middle classes that certain geographies’ burgeoning economies buoyed basically overnight. VCA’s pay to play prizes, the stuff that ends up all over Instagram and tiktok, it’s almost all Alhambra. Their most well-known entry-level line. There’s a reason for that…

But preferential treatment is the norm everywhere else too. I mean I expect that my local jeweller will give his best customers first dibs on a choice stone, say. Only reason it doesn’t escalate to pay to play is because most vendors can’t afford to turn business away entirely - gotta be of certain size and stature for pay to play to work right.

The Sweet pieces are lovely. Simple and wearable. Not intended to be #Fancy - your wife can wear them grocery shopping (or grocery chopping, as my phone tried it’s dang best to say)… I get not wanting to become part of a Brand Machine. I fly Southwest. If I had any interest in purses I wouldn’t wish to patronize Hermes. But outside of certain pieces - even now!! - VCA’s inventory isn’t limited, outside of inventory shortages that mean you might have to wait a bit for more stock to come in. And I genuinely don’t see that changing. Not in the US anyway.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt they were free. VCA doesn’t need to. The sweet Alhambra are a great size. You should go for it.

Seconding this. I see men all over Tiktok wearing VCA Alhambra pendants and bracelets now. Onyx is very popular, closely followed by MOP in YG.

And @LilAlex of course you aren’t wasting anyone’s time. But I will say that when I started seriously considering a VCA purchase, I read through this entire thread. Having to scroll through a ton of chit chat with no pics was annoying for 160 pages or whatever length the thread was at that point. So when I ask for pics that’s why.

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I doubt they were free. VCA doesn’t need to.

Of course they were free! These are the top women tennis players in the world. Rolex and Mercedes don't "need to," either. These players wouldn't pick up the phone for the $5K price of those earrings!

Having to scroll through a ton of chit chat with no pics was annoying for 160 pages or whatever length the thread was at that point. So when I ask for pics that’s why.

I started with pics -- of two famous players sporting Alhambra. OK, here's my VCA pic -- was given the hard sell for this in my first VCA in the Back Bay a few months ago -- even after I protested that this was truly out of my league. She would not take no for an answer! (Well, eventually she did, I guess.) This is a bracelet, not a ring.

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 8.34.24 PM.jpg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course they were free! These are the top women tennis players in the world. Rolex and Mercedes don't "need to," either. These players wouldn't pick up the phone for the $5K price of those earrings!

I started with pics -- of two famous players sporting Alhambra. OK, here's my VCA pic -- was given the hard sell for this in my first VCA in the Back Bay a few months ago -- even after I protested that this was truly out of my league. She would not take no for an answer! (Well, eventually she did, I guess.) This is a bracelet, not a ring.

Screen Shot 2023-09-19 at 8.34.24 PM.jpg

What’s another mortgage, in the grand scheme of things…

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I seriously doubt VCA needs to give away Sweet Alhambra to advertise. They possibly lend high jewelry to female actors for the Oscars and other major events, but I think since production of Alhambra doesn't keep up with the demand, they have zero need to give it away. It's all over IG...people buy it because they see it and like it.

I did read Coco Gauff has a deal with Rolex, and I think she is great choice to introduce it to a new generation.

Edited to add: I just looked and saw I started this thread in 2015! Look at how much awareness and purchasing of VCA has increased in that time! 8 years ago!!!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
Question about the hammered gold Alhambra pieces: does the back of the motif look the same as the front? Or are there small differences? I'm embarrassed to admit that even though I've tried on a few over the years, I honestly don't remember!

I'm thinking about placing an order for the hammered yg bracelet, (its open for ordering now, hurray!) but I want to know if it's a piece I'll have to deal with flipping on or not.

Thanks!

iluvcarats

Ideal_Rock
Question about the hammered gold Alhambra pieces: does the back of the motif look the same as the front? Or are there small differences? I'm embarrassed to admit that even though I've tried on a few over the years, I honestly don't remember!

I'm thinking about placing an order for the hammered yg bracelet, (its open for ordering now, hurray!) but I want to know if it's a piece I'll have to deal with flipping on or not.

Thanks!

Same on both sides @RunningwithScissors

Last edited:

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock

Thanks!

I would think motifs are double sided too like @iluvcarats said.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks like these new releases are very limited/exclusive and are being prioritized to the VVIP's/big spenders at certain boutiques.

I am hoping that possibly @yssie or @Boom will be able to secure something, though!

I am happy to wait and see on the new HP that's coming in early October!

SA put me in for pietersite or rock crystal bracelet but sadly I won’t be getting either unless something unexpected happens, apparently they got far fewer pieces than expected. I was brash and asked how many they had but she wouldn’t say - not by text anyway :lol:

I can safely say that I have spent more with VCA the last 12-24 months than I ever will again so I expect these LEs will always be out of reach for me! Double whammy if they’re prioritizing requests for sets like folks on the other forum are saying - I have no use for a necklace and buying to resell would be a hassle. And bad juju, we all know how that works lol.

She did say she’d keep me on her list for future. Not sure if there will be more LE batches?

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of the HP and seeing your modelling pics @m-2-b!! :love:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
SA put me in for pietersite or rock crystal bracelet but sadly I won’t be getting either unless something unexpected happens, apparently they got far fewer pieces than expected. I was brash and asked how many they had but she wouldn’t say - not by text anyway :lol:

I can safely say that I have spent more with VCA the last 12-24 months than I ever will again so I expect these LEs will always be out of reach for me! Double whammy if they’re prioritizing requests for sets like folks on the other forum are saying - I have no use for a necklace and buying to resell would be a hassle. And bad juju, we all know how that works lol.

She did say she’d keep me on her list for future. Not sure if there will be more LE batches?

I’m looking forward to hearing what you think of the HP and seeing your modelling pics @m-2-b!! :love:

If you're not a VIP @yssie , I have no idea how anyone else would qualify then!

It may be a few more weeks til I receive the HP--I'm having it lengthened just a bit. Apparently others have said there are variations in the gray color intensity and possibly even some slight shimmer! I will definitely report back soon...

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just giving the heads up to anyone who might be interested. Fellows have these 3 lots coming up this week. I have no affiliation to this auction house, other than having bought from them in the past, they’re legit.
3 Alhambra bracelets, MOP, Agate and Malachite

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Machine Gun Kelly (fiancé of Megan Fox) wearing the magic bracelet at an event.

IMG_0458.jpeg

I’m so jealous, I love this combination of MOP , grey and onyx.

When I asked a sales associate about ordering this bracelet she basically laughed at me … lol

I did order the yellow gold guilloche today though! For me that’s probably a lot more wearable than the magic.

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally received my RG hammered VA earrings and RG obsidian 2023 holiday pendant after alterations! It was definitely worth the wait!

IMG_5180.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Finally received my RG hammered VA earrings and RG obsidian 2023 holiday pendant after alterations! It was definitely worth the wait!

IMG_5180.jpeg

Beautiful! Definitely need modeling shots!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Machine Gun Kelly (fiancé of Megan Fox) wearing the magic bracelet at an event.

IMG_0458.jpeg

I’m so jealous, I love this combination of MOP , grey and onyx.

When I asked a sales associate about ordering this bracelet she basically laughed at me … lol

I did order the yellow gold guilloche today though! For me that’s probably a lot more wearable than the magic.

I would do a lot of terrible things for that magic bracelet. Ok maybe just one terrible thing. I love that entire line of MOP magic, the bracelets and 16 motifs especially.

One of the resale sites has been adding tiger’s eye bracelets recently and then yesterday I saw this. My jaw dropped and I immediately began mental gymnastics on how I could swing it. Then I remembered I don’t need more jewelry! Why isn’t my supply of funds endless, whyyyy? Lol

IMG_1924.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Meant to add this to my previous post but it’s not straightforward on my phone so taking up another post. I wanted that damn malachite bracelet so much that I went ahead and bought it pre-loved. Paid waaaaayyyy too much but I love it. Love love love it.

IMG_1862.jpeg

Inked

Brilliant_Rock
Meant to add this to my previous post but it’s not straightforward on my phone so taking up another post. I wanted that damn malachite bracelet so much that I went ahead and bought it pre-loved. Paid waaaaayyyy too much but I love it. Love love love it.

IMG_1862.jpeg

this is gorgeous!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

IMG_1862.jpeg

I just wanted to make sure you knew that if you are interested in a particular item from VCA that is not currently in stock, you can place an order for it and they will make it for you as long as its on the list of approved pieces they are currently making. The Vintage Alhambra malachite pieces are at this time. There is no extra charge. The wait times vary depending on the piece and its complexity. I did this with malachite earrings recently and it only took 1 month to complete them (I had a two month wait because I placed the order when the workshop was closed for the month in August).

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just wanted to make sure you knew that if you are interested in a particular item from VCA that is not currently in stock, you can place an order for it and they will make it for you as long as its on the list of approved pieces they are currently making. The Vintage Alhambra malachite pieces are at this time. There is no extra charge. The wait times vary depending on the piece and its complexity. I did this with malachite earrings recently and it only took 1 month to complete them (I had a two month wait because I placed the order when the workshop was closed for the month in August).

Good to know! I'd love some earrings like yours!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I did NOT know this. Thank you!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_1862.jpeg

Malachite looks amazing on you. Just so gorgeous. Congratulations @monarch64 . I don't think you will regret it.

mjea

Shiny_Rock
How is everyone liking the photos coming out of the new VCA stones? More photos seem to be popping up on IG of people checking them out in store.

My hubs was traveling recently and surprised me with this sweet bracelet. I didn’t think I’d like the sweet line because they’re almost too dainty… but I’m loving it for every day!
883C84E9-248C-4425-9F48-78EB683DE394.jpeg

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@m-2-b You take such pretty photos!!

The start of a new era in your jewellery box… And I was there for its kickoff :bigsmile: Your SA picked exactly the right sort of pendant for you! :love: Smooth and lighter-coloured, exactly what we would have chosen for you too.

I’m normally the diamonds-is-better sort but I like the hammered earrings with your pendant better than pave! It’s a more sleek and straight-ahead pairing - kind of a different mood from your other VCA pieces. It works!!

I’m looking forward to watching your RG collection grow :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results