shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Van Cleef and Arpels jewelry!

Or you can get the malachite and pave version. That’s at least two less motifs you need to baby. ;-)

Don’t think Ms. Virginia didn’t try to talk me into that on the phone! We had a good chat and discussed it…wish I had a malachite money tree!

The malachite bracelet is also top of my list. I know the concerns around durability but I can't get over the colour (and I'm a firm believer that if you really want something, it's best just to get the thing that you want). The malachite and pave version is however something new to consider :-)

@monarch64 I was told I could order my malachite earrings, which I did. I got to select the lightness/darkness of the malachite (because it varies) and request a veining (not guaranteed, but they'll try). Mine will be ready in October, it would have been sooner, but the workshop goes "en vacances" for the month of August. Perhaps you could order one?

I too love the malachite bracelet, though I've only tried on the one that alternates with pave motifs (which is to die for!). Just be aware that the stone will develop a patina anywhere that it touches oils from your skin and other substances. My SA said that if I wanted a malachite necklace, to be sure I always wore the same side of the motif against my skin so that only one side lost its polish over time. So it's not just that malachite can chip/break. I'm not saying don't buy it, (I'm still dreaming of that malachite/pave bracelet!) but just know it will develop a "dulled down" patina from contact with many different substances like oils, makeup, sweat, etc.

I really wish VCA would introduce another hardier green! But I also can’t think of another stone that could cost-effectively match the rich and dark and velvety malachite green ;(

But there’s of course also always the option of just having motifs replaced later on. Might be more mind clean to purchase knowing that you’ll replace the motifs one day, and mentally budgeting for that - takes some of the pressure off balancing wear with keeping condition pristine?

I’m 4 hours from a VCA so I don’t have a SA. I have no idea what the protocol for ordering a piece is, so if someone wants to provide that info I welcome it!

I love the striations in the malachite, and wanted to wear it with either of my larger emeralds set in YG; the greens wouldn’t have to match that way.

I’ll have to think more about the malachite and diamond bracelet. It’s a lot more formal than something I could get away with wearing with jeans, so I’d have to talk myself into it. Not that it would take much self-coaching…it’s certainly a piece I’d love to own.

That’s interesting about wearing the pendant on the same side. That wouldn’t be a problem for me as I am right-handed and always turn a necklace with the jump ring on my left.

What a “problem” to have.

@monarch64 The online boutique can call pieces in too, if that’s more convenient for you. It’s the exact same process!

If a piece can be ordered - they’ll be happy to order it for you with a deposit. My SA said they were moving toward requiring 100% deposits rather than the old 30%, not sure what that story is right now - it prob depends on collection and geography and SA and client and how long it’s been since the last blue moon. But TLDR, if they can order it, they will.

Some pieces, they can’t order - for those there’s nothing to be done but wait for one to show up unfortunately. But they seem to change what’s on this no-order list so whoever you talk to at the online boutique could keep watch for you!

Last edited:
For ordering my earrings I had to pay 100% upfront. However, I could refuse them once they arrived if I wasn't happy with them, though I'd be issued a store credit instead of getting the money back. That's not a problem for me since I basically want everything in the boutique! (I hear my wallet screaming from my purse as I type this!)

Thank you @yssie and @RunningwithScissors

If I had had the opportunity to order the bracelet I wanted, I would have paid for it outright. Am I missing something here as far as putting a percentage down and then paying the balance when the item comes in/is delivered?

I’m a little confused, sorry.

My MTO earlier this year just required a deposit and took only 4 months for it to be made in my size.

For my most recent order, 100% was required in full for an up to 6 month wait. I believe this is the new policy according to my SA.

I too love the malachite bracelet, though I've only tried on the one that alternates with pave motifs (which is to die for!). Just be aware that the stone will develop a patina anywhere that it touches oils from your skin and other substances. My SA said that if I wanted a malachite necklace, to be sure I always wore the same side of the motif against my skin so that only one side lost its polish over time. So it's not just that malachite can chip/break. I'm not saying don't buy it, (I'm still dreaming of that malachite/pave bracelet!) but just know it will develop a "dulled down" patina from contact with many different substances like oils, makeup, sweat, etc.

If you love it, and this is to anyone really, and would feel wonderful wearing it, I say go for it. After a number of years, if you don’t like the wear you are seeing just get new motifs. For a pave bracelet you just need to replace 3. It’s just a couple hundred per motif and so worth it if you love it and it brings you joy to wear it. IMHO.

Thank you so much. Let me see if I can upload the video when I tried it on IMG_4424.pngIMG_4923.jpeg

The top is the tweaked version by OWD’s. He lowered the setting and refined the prongs.

Oh wow, oh wow, oh wow!!!

I hadn't heard, thanks so much for alerting us. I can't wait to see what the pietersite looks like in person. It's gorgeous in the pics! And I adore turquoise. Oh I so excited!

I just googled what Pietersite is and here's what I found:

Pietersite is a trade name for a dark blue-grey breccia aggregate made up mainly of hawk's eye and tigereye. It is a variety of chalcedony (itself a variety of quartz) with embedded fibers of amphibole minerals in varying degrees of alteration.

Overall, pietersite is considered fairly rare. It's mainly mined in only two areas, limiting the amount of pietersite stone that becomes available. As a result, it's more costly than some other opaque stones, with a price point closer to larimar than malachite, obsidian, or other popular non-transparent gems.

Pietersite is said to discharge negative energies and emotional turmoil while cleansing the aura, restoring it to calm. Pietersite is thought to work with the body during meditation, rapidly moving into a higher state of awareness.

(Okay, this last part is a little too "woo woo" for me, but it seems like a cool stone.)

(Supposedly?) Official pics grabbed from the other forum!

Let the ritual end of year drama begin :lol:

1694224055973.png

1694224066385.png

Is that price correct -- $16.5K for the bracelet...?

It sounds about right. And that’s a bargain - just wait til they start showing up at resellers for double :lol:

Looks like these new releases are very limited/exclusive and are being prioritized to the VVIP's/big spenders at certain boutiques.

I am hoping that possibly @yssie or @Boom will be able to secure something, though!

I am happy to wait and see on the new HP that's coming in early October!

Last edited:
It sounds about right. And that’s a bargain - just wait til they start showing up at resellers for double :lol:

-I thought 16.5 is for the turquoise. I think the others are going to be part of the permanent collection and regular priced. Still difficult to get but maybe possible if your spend is high enough

OK so I've been watching Break Point on Netflix and apart from the fact that they fail to capture the drama of even the most exciting tennis match -- yet never fail to show every mediocre first point and flubbed-service-return match point as if you would really want to see the final missed kick in soccer instead of the actual goals -- and I couldn't get past Ajla Tomljanovic's Alhambra onyx (and/or malachite) earrings. I guess this is how far I've sunk. I have alway loved these and she's adorable and I thought maybe it was a sponsorship gig (like Nadal's ever-present Richard Mille) but I see no record of that. Maybe it's "model's own," as they say.

Can someone confirm if these are the real deal? Pretty sure she can afford them.

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 10.54.03 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-09-13 at 10.54.25 PM.png

And Aryna Sabalenka, too? Alhambra is everywhere on the tour:

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 1.46.18 PM.png

And Aryna Sabalenka, too? Alhambra is everywhere on the tour:

Screen Shot 2023-09-16 at 1.46.18 PM.png

Oh the ladies always wear branded stuff, Tiffany, VCA, Rolex.

Oh the ladies always wear branded stuff, Tiffany, VCA, Rolex.

I see ads for the watches that feature the players but, for VCA etc., is it actual sponsorship? Or there's just like a bucket of these things in the locker room...?

I see ads for the watches that feature the players but, for VCA etc., is it actual sponsorship? Or there's just like a bucket of these things in the locker room...?

Buckets are for golf balls.

Otherwise I don't know what your point is.

VCA sponsors the arts. The Alhambra clover line symbolizes luck, and as you may know, athletes oftentimes wear lucky charms.

@LilAlex never change :lol:

My guess is sweet onyx earrings (that are grubby - understandably, given the situation! - and the camera is turning the grub green) - very scientifically deduced using her nostrils for scale. And onyx vintage pendant - more sure on this, looks like two chain attachment points.

Cellar of salt is a paid add-on :bigsmile:

VCA sponsors the arts. The Alhambra clover line symbolizes luck, and as you may know, athletes oftentimes wear lucky charms.

But if they are both wearing Alhambra, how do the earrings decide who wins?

GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP