shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
AD50D872-D20B-4B56-B8E5-4BF9368E2160.jpeg 09C5F7B9-1303-4DAA-AF11-DE4FCB8D2B2D.jpeg

It DOES! It’s very funny. I truly love it though...I’m imagining wearing it to the office with a crisp, white collared shirt....
Here’s a picture of what it does, along with a picture of a 1940’s Zuni cluster cuff which my mother just bought for herself.

That's too funny! You could stab someone! I really liked the cuff in your first post but the one your mother bought is GORGEOUS! Of course I don't know anything about turquoise, and I don't want any disharmony in your family, but I think she has one-uped you...:lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That's too funny! You could stab someone! I really liked the cuff in your first post but the one your mother bought is GORGEOUS! Of course I don't know anything about turquoise, and I don't want any disharmony in your family, but I think she has one-uped you...:lol:
Lol, She tried to trade me this one for mine but I’m so attached to this one. I will tell her about your opinion and she’ll feel good about it. She bought it from the same shop where I bought mine, after she was inpired by mine, and I think she’s happy with hers. It fits her wrist better anyway. We had a good time finding one for her and it’s not easy finding the really old, good stuff anymore.

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FE058190-A4C3-4AB4-A40F-1512E3C405FD.jpeg Oops, one more....

4997B68F-ED1B-4443-8EE2-D64D1F7EB7FF.jpeg AFBD67E8-1CBA-43E6-B1D8-4BADF39C6973.jpeg Here are my turquoise pieces.

Wow how did I miss this thread. Turquoise heaven. :love: Blue is my favorite color and that includes turquoise. Turquoise reminds me of the most relaxed sunny blue. Island blue, vacation blue and just heavenly blue.:love:

Turqiouselicious.:appl:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow how did I miss this thread. Turquoise heaven. :love: Blue is my favorite color and that includes turquoise. Turquoise reminds me of the most relaxed sunny blue. Island blue, vacation blue and just heavenly blue.:love:

Turqiouselicious.:appl:
I agree! Turquoise is both energetic and serene, and very earthy due to its opacity.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree! Turquoise is both energetic and serene, and very earthy due to its opacity.

I also remember something about the healing properties of turquoise... let me see if I can find info.
Ok here it is.

The Physical Healing Powers of Turquoise. As a healing stone, Turquoise is among the crystal healing master stones. According to followers of the New Age, the healing powers of Turquoise can benefit the whole body, with special strengths in healing ailments of the immune, respiratory, waste and skeletal systems.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also remember something about the healing properties of turquoise... let me see if I can find info.
Ok here it is.
I started loving turquoise when I saw it in fine, Zuni needlepoint and petite pointe work at age 18. That style is all about the stones rather than the silver, and captured abstracted rhythms of nature. Then I fell in love with persian. Always reminds me of arid lands, sun sets in the West, the peace and clarity of the desert, and freedom of space and spirit. For the Zuni, and other Native tribes, the color turquoise itself is sacred.
It’s getting quite hard to find the fine, untreated turquoise anymore, and some of the beautiful, old Zuni pieces. Some are getting very expensive indeed. Many cheap knock offs coming out of China.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find my turquoise jewelry except for one piece. I was looking for my pretty elephant turquoise dangle earrings and poof no clue where they are. But I did find a necklace from my childhood given to me by my dad's parents.

turquoisejewishecklace.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find my turquoise jewelry except for one piece. I was looking for my pretty elephant turquoise dangle earrings and poof no clue where they are. But I did find a necklace from my childhood given to me by my dad's parents.

What a sweet gift! It’s fabulous that you still have it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
2754E62E-9595-408A-A11B-1143FC1791F4.jpeg A recent gift from my mother in law...it belonged to her for decades.

Wow how sweet and loving that your MIL gave this beautiful piece to you. Makes it even that much more special!:love:
Wear it in good health and happiness!

(I'd fall over if my MIL gave me anything haha):lol:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I cannot find my turquoise jewelry except for one piece. I was looking for my pretty elephant turquoise dangle earrings and poof no clue where they are. But I did find a necklace from my childhood given to me by my dad's parents

Cool piece, Missy!
Probably made in Israel, with Middle Eastern sourced turquoise.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a sweet gift! It’s fabulous that you still have it.

Cool piece, Missy!
Probably made in Israel, with Middle Eastern sourced turquoise.

Thank you @Bluegemz and thank you @stracci2000! I have kept all my childhood jewelry that was given to me by anyone as I am a sentimental fool that way. I haven't worn it since I was a little girl but I like having it because of the memories if that makes sense.

@Bluegemz I agree with Stracci. That is a cool piece. Love it!

Thinking of you @stracci2000 at this very difficult and sad time and sending you more gentle hugs and good thoughts. (((HUGS))).

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icm_fullxfull.151173165_e4cyg7mmqfwwsk44g80w.jpg Also an Old Mine snake eyes Royston cuff from around the 1920's. icm_fullxfull.152134585_n7pbtilisnk8sgs4c44k.jpg

Last one - the coral and turquoise ring was one of my first pieces of jewelry from a trip to Arizona 28 years ago!
Those are just SO cool. The turquoise is beautiful!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
icm_fullxfull.151173165_e4cyg7mmqfwwsk44g80w.jpg Also an Old Mine snake eyes Royston cuff from around the 1920's. icm_fullxfull.152134585_n7pbtilisnk8sgs4c44k.jpg

Last one - the coral and turquoise ring was one of my first pieces of jewelry from a trip to Arizona 28 years ago!
I just love these large single stone rings!
I had a nice one that I gave away to a dear friend some time ago. I miss it. Maybe I need to get another one!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
98025C01-F448-403E-9087-FF2B769F219D.jpeg Here is an amazing turquoise collar which I adore...not mine yet but who knows? The turquoise is electric blue, glassy gem turquoise with modernist silver rivets, and beautiful beveled edge work. Just LOVE this .

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a ring that my grandmother gave to me when I was a teenager. It is 21k gold from Syria, with Arabic marks inside.
IMG_20180309_214541.jpg

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is a ring that my grandmother gave to me when I was a teenager. It is 21k gold from Syria, with Arabic marks inside.
IMG_20180309_214541.jpg
That’s such a great ring, Stracci. The gold, the shape and the proportions of it are really unique and beautiful. Love the size of the turquoise...it really is Used as a precious dot of color decorating the golden foundation beneath it.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_20180309_214541.jpg

I love this Stracci. I love higher carat gold. It's so rich. And your turquoise is unique in color...I never saw turquoise that color. LOVE it.:love:

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this Stracci. I love higher carat gold. It's so rich. And your turquoise is unique in color...I never saw turquoise that color. LOVE it.:love:
Thanks, Missy! The cell phone camera made the turquoise look so green..... it is really more of a teal color.

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Missy! The cell phone camera made the turquoise look so green..... it is really more of a teal color.

Oh I see! Thanks for the explanation. I thought perhaps there were different turquoise gems. Love this ring so much Stracci. Thanks for sharing it with us!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s such a great ring, Stracci. The gold, the shape and the proportions of it are really unique and beautiful. Love the size of the turquoise...it really is Used as a precious dot of color decorating the golden foundation beneath it.
Thanks Bluegemz! Grandma would be happy that I still have it, and wear it!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We were strolling about our neighborhood yesterday and thanks to you lovely ladies turquoise is now on my radar and we saw some lovely pieces at a local neighborhood store. Not the same quality as your gorgeous pieces in this thread but I thought you might enjoy some of turquoise eye candy we saw there nonetheless.

This was my favorite piece there. It's 18 inches though and only if it were shorter I might have been tempted... I thought oh wouldn't it look marvelous as a choker.

turquoisenecklaceheavy.jpg

Some turquoise dangles.

turquoisedangles.jpg

more turquoise dangles

turquoisedangleearrings.jpeg

Bottom necklace
turquoisenecklace.jpeg

Top 2 necklaces turquoise

turquoiseandbluenecklaces.jpg

An interesting take on Turquoise "studs"
turquioseearrings.jpg

and lastly a sweet turquoise bracelet.