shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

txgreeneyes

Shiny_Rock
Show me your turquoise jewelery. I'll post my Native American squash blossom necklace and earrings in the next post.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Belt.

There's more, I just don't have pics.

(This is all from the 70s, aka before I was born, and belonged to my mom. They were gifts from my dad. He also gave her a purse that was covered in silver and turquoise, maybe coral too, but I don't know what happened to it. Oh, and I'm from New Mexico, which helps to explain why there is so much.)

IMG_9869 freke.jpg

beaujolais

Ideal_Rock
Do you all prefer turquoise with matrix or without? Is either way "stronger"?

Tx.

minigirl

Rough_Rock
a classical style ,i like

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine, pendant and earrings I picked up in Arizona many years ago. Sorry for the bad pic, it's the only one I have.

cmsturq1.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Freke, your mother's collection is gorgeous!

Vitto888

Rough_Rock
Last year I visit Tucson Gem Shows and I was amazed by the quantity and assortment of turquoise native jewelry. One of the shows I visited was JOGS Show. They had at least 20 to 30 dealers who were selling beautiful southwester jewelry. I bought several cuff bracelets and rings from Al Zuni Company and Sunwest Silver. Today I was browsing YouTube and found incredible educational video about Arizona turquoise. Check it out:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OG7MEHSg6Rk&feature=plcp

bluebirrrd

Shiny_Rock
I do love turquoise and have a small collection of it, similar to Freke. Here are some of the necklaces/beads, though not the best photo. You can see that some are blue and others are quite oxidized and green. The very old beads in the upper left were hand drilled. I like all of these, but particularly the large beads and the knuckle bones. There are other types of pieces, but I didn't feel like taking photos of it all.

P6100008%20(800x600).jpg

My taste in turquoise is a little more modern and I've thought about taking some of these apart and recreating something ala Jess MaHarry. But...when it comes down to it, splitting some of these strands doesn't feel right so I haven't done anything new with them yet. Here's a necklace of hers as an example, though I would use a different charm and more turquoise. Her prices are incredibly high, and I think a similar inspiration would cost a fraction to make.

N2-01%20Tiger%20Triple%20Heart%20Neck%20web.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't know her or her prices, but you are right in that those materials, if you were to recreate it, would no be expensive at all - but it sounds like you already know that... =)

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh how I love vintage Zuni turquoise jewelry. Here are a few of my things. My favorite cuff from the 1940's in a snow flake pattern, and a smaller, sunflower cuff, some earrings, and a pure silver squash blossom cuff which my grandmother made. The largest one which I'm wearing, with the silver sweater, is not mine, but one that I would love to have.

IMG_0390.JPG

IMG_0453.JPG

IMG_1126.JPG

IMG_1322.JPG

IMG_1333.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have some Persian turquoise in the form of untreated beads, and matching bangle and earrings with untreated sleeping beauty, which I'll post when I'm home. Love this thread! Turquoise is very magic.

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I love turquoise! I love all of the pieces you have posted pics of so far Bluegemz! Keep posting the eye candy. I wish I had a pic of my mom's Persian turquoise ring. The turquoise is almost translucent. I need to take a pic of my belt.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love turquoise! I love all of the pieces you have posted pics of so far Bluegemz! Keep posting the eye candy. I wish I had a pic of my mom's Persian turquoise ring. The turquoise is almost translucent. I need to take a pic of my belt.
Thank you! Gosh that must be amazing! I've only seen almost transparent turquoise on one occasion and it was increadible, like an electric blend of water, sky and the earthiness of turquoise all in one. Please post the belt!
Ive always wanted a belt, and the right squash blossom necklace. For me, it's about the stones and symmetry in Native American pieces. Anything in Persian! Come to think of it, I have some deep green Persian cabs from my grandmother, one number 8, untreated cab, and another Zuni ring. As soon as I get home tommorow, I'll post those.

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
actually, these earrings are not Native American, but made by Emmory Wentling. He is a super young man, and has a great sense of proportion imo! I found a picture on my phone of the number 8 cabochon. It has one single, light tan vein. Want to set this in gold.

IMG_1043.JPG

IMG_1065.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thank you! Gosh that must be amazing! I've only seen almost transparent turquoise on one occasion and it was increadible, like an electric blend of water, sky and the earthiness of turquoise all in one. Please post the belt!
Ive always wanted a belt, and the right squash blossom necklace. For me, it's about the stones and symmetry in Native American pieces. Anything in Persian! Come to think of it, I have some deep green Persian cabs from my grandmother, one number 8, untreated cab, and another Zuni ring. As soon as I get home tommorow, I'll post those.
I look forward to yours posts. I'll probably post tomorrow as well. I did not even know my mom's turquoise was turquoise until she told me.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gosh I adore those! Gorgeous work!!!

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Being from New Mexico, I own quite alot of turquoise. However, these 2 items are my favorites.
They were made by my friend Rodney Coriz from Santo Domingo Pueblo.
He is a phenomenal silversmith and inlay is his specialty. The bracelet is extra special, and I treasure it. IMG_20170428_160235028_HDR.jpg

IMG_20170428_165633.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thats
I love everyone's turquoise pieces. This month, I was fortune to buy this inexpensive chip strand at the local rock and mineral show. It is about 40 inches long. IMG_2526 (2).JPG
Really nice! I bet it really dresses up any top. It's texturally rich. Love the length too.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add this pendant which I bought from a jeweler who works for a goldsmith and sells her things on the side. The turquoise reminded me of an abstract painting.

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Here is my belt. The buckle is silver. The leather is hand tooled. My dad bought the buckle for me one Christmas and when I visited him a few months later he took me to have a hand tooled belt custom made. It was for my 40th. IMG_1802.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is my belt. The buckle is silver. The leather is hand tooled. My dad bought the buckle for me one Christmas and when I visited him a few months later he took me to have a hand tooled belt custom made. It was for my 40th. IMG_1802.JPG
Omg that is SO COOL! What a fabulous belt! That is a special treasure.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results