shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your turquoise jewelry!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I forgot to add this pendant which I bought from a jeweler who works for a goldsmith and sells her things on the side. The turquoise reminded me of an abstract painting.

IMG_2677.JPG

IMG_2678.JPG
The turquoise is so beautiful. The blue so deep!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1742.JPG This thread has reminded me I have a few inexpensive pieces of turquoise jewellery.

Turquoise chip necklace, turquoise and black onyx necklace, and turquoise and amazonite necklace. Turquoise bangle, ring and earrings, all set in sterling silver.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm going to have these 2 unstabilized, number 8 cabochons bezel set in 14k gold pendant. I'm also adding a few demantoid garnets to the bottom of the bezel skirt. These are from Yevonne Raley. I think turquoise and green looks great together! See attached pics.

IMG_2748.JPG

IMG_2753.PNG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also just went to a jewelry supply store sale, and found this amazing, untreated Morenci cabochon. This type of turquoise is extremely saturated, somewhat glassy looking, and has often pyrite flecks in it. I also bought 2 bags of these unstabilized Castle Dome nuggets, or so they promised. I think I'll drill them for a double strand, natural form necklace. I'm excited.

IMG_2791.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
IMG_1742.JPG This thread has reminded me I have a few inexpensive pieces of turquoise jewellery.

Turquoise chip necklace, turquoise and black onyx necklace, and turquoise and amazonite necklace. Turquoise bangle, ring and earrings, all set in sterling silver.
Thank you for showing those! They are very pretty.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also just went to a jewelry supply store sale, and found this amazing, untreated Morenci cabochon. This type of turquoise is extremely saturated, somewhat glassy looking, and has often pyrite flecks in it. I also bought 2 bags of these unstabilized Castle Dome nuggets, or so they promised. I think I'll drill them for a double strand, natural form necklace. I'm excited.

IMG_2791.JPG
Bluegems,
That is Morenci Turquoise in my cuff bracelet, shown below:

cuff bracelet.jpg

cuff bracelet.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bluegems,
That is Morenci Turquoise in my cuff bracelet, shown below:
cuff bracelet.jpg

cuff bracelet.jpg
Oh yes, the saturation makes it very clear! Very beautiful cuff you have. I've long wanted Morenci piece after studying American turquoise. I was delighted to find this at a good price, since these days a nice, untreated cabochon retails for many hundreds.

S

SparkliesLuver

Thank you, Minou, for the compliment. Julia Kay Taylor actually did those for me. They turned out so well. I have several more planned for that style. ;-)

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Look: I might have the smallest turquoise jewelery in the whole wide pricescope! Made by the wonderful Ashley Weber and I love it. (Vendor pic)
il_fullxfull.888079283_jpfl.jpg

Last edited:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Look: I might have the smallest turquoise jewelery ina the whole wide pricescope! Made by the wonderful Ashley Weber and I love it. (Vendor pic)
il_fullxfull.888079283_jpfl.jpg
That's so adorable! Lovely!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I received this necklace last week from my Aunt, as a gift for passing a career related test. She bought it in a museum shop in Santa Fe. It's made by a woman artist from the Santa Domingo pueblo, but I cannot remember the name which she told me. It is heshi beads, turquoise and coral. The red band is suppose to be worn over the heart. This looks great with a white shirt.

IMG_3020.JPG

marionberry

Shiny_Rock
Premium
That necklace is stunning! I love the story and the red heart section.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've only seen almost transparent turquoise on one occasion

This is NEWS !

I have only heard of minute mineral specimens of crystalline turquoise - things to admire under magnification: so discouraging, that I stopped thinking ...

Falco

Rough_Rock
Love all these Turquoise pieces. My mum and aunt picked up some rings in the 50's on their travels in the US, (unfortunately they have gone walkabout, so no pictures) and I would love to do the same one day. I love to get local jewellery on my travels- makes a meaningful and easily packed reminder!
I visited Iran late last year and I really wanted to get some Turquoise as a souvenir (after all, there is a joke that Turquoise should be called Perquoise as it was erroneously named Turquoise because Turkey is where Europeans traders encountered it). I really should have done more research before I left though, because there is so much mass produced jewellery in Iran, and much of it is lightweight gold, not really to my taste. Also, I didn't make it to the Turquoise producing hub of Nishapur. I hope to return (with better Farsi) as it as a fascinating and hospitable country, so next time I will go prepared.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love all these Turquoise pieces. My mum and aunt picked up some rings in the 50's on their travels in the US, (unfortunately they have gone walkabout, so no pictures) and I would love to do the same one day. I love to get local jewellery on my travels- makes a meaningful and easily packed reminder!
I visited Iran late last year and I really wanted to get some Turquoise as a souvenir (after all, there is a joke that Turquoise should be called Perquoise as it was erroneously named Turquoise because Turkey is where Europeans traders encountered it). I really should have done more research before I left though, because there is so much mass produced jewellery in Iran, and much of it is lightweight gold, not really to my taste. Also, I didn't make it to the Turquoise producing hub of Nishapur. I hope to return (with better Farsi) as it as a fascinating and hospitable country, so next time I will go prepared.
Falco, your trip must have been fascinating! Yes, next time you'll be fully prepared to pick up some Persian turquoise!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just created a thread for my Navajo jewelry:

https://www.pricescope.com/communit...f-navajo-turquoise-and-silver-jewelry.231537/

But here's a picture of the Navajo turquoise pieces plus a few that aren't Navajo. I love turquoise, and I have a lot of it. This is my favorite stuff. :)

IMG_0936.JPG

For size reference:

IMG_0937.JPG
I love your collection of Navajo turquoise jewelry, Tourmaline! I too am a HUGE lover of turquoise. I have mostly Zuni needle and petite point things, but I am deeply in love with many things from both tribes. There is a completely different and magic feeling about this kind of jewelry. I'll definitely check out your thread. I'm glad I'm not the only turquoise lover here! I have to say, that huge ring is fabulous!

Tourmaline

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Thanks, Bluegemz! Yes, there is something very substantial and special about this type of jewelry.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My new turquoise pendant came ! These turquoise cabochons actually are from the Number 8 mine. It is really bright and glowy against the neck and looks great with my gold and turquoise bangle. The little demantoids add a nice fresh pop of color.

IMG_3188.JPG

IMG_3189.JPG

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here are two rings and a cuff I purchased in New Mexico over a few years.

First ring is Julian Lovato.
Second ring is Leon Martinez.
Cuff is Peter Johnson.

IMG_2823.JPG

IMG_2824.JPG

IMG_2825.JPG

IMG_2826.JPG

IMG_2827.JPG

IMG_2828.JPG

IMG_2829.JPG

IMG_2830.JPG
Gorgeous collection!

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hobbitfancier, I want to add that both rings have very unusual and lovely settings. I like how both work well with the cuff. Is there a particular piece you would like to add to your collection next?

hobbitfancier55

Shiny_Rock
Thank you :) I love them and they have such a nice weight to them. And I'm partial to rings. I haven't actually thought about what I want next, but maybe something with petit point. I love the way it looks.

If any of you turquoise lovers get a chance to visit the Millicent Rogers museum in Taos, New Mexico, it's a must see. They have an amazing collection.
Hobbitfancier, I want to add that both rings have very unusual and lovely settings. I like how both work well with the cuff. Is there a particular piece you would like to add to your collection next?

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you :) I love them and they have such a nice weight to them. And I'm partial to rings. I haven't actually thought about what I want next, but maybe something with petit point. I love the way it looks.

If any of you turquoise lovers get a chance to visit the Millicent Rogers museum in Taos, New Mexico, it's a must see. They have an amazing collection.

Oh yes, the Millicent Rodgers Museum! I have been there.
The jewelry and textiles housed there are fabulous.
A classy woman who was very much ahead of her time.

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
3E6A792B-055D-4C61-B355-FD6563E1B521.jpeg This is a new ring for me which was a gift... a 1940’s Zuni ring which I wore recently with my 1930’s-40’s Zuni cuff. The ring is huge but so much fun. Generally, I think I’ll wear it by itself lol!

Last edited:

suzanne2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
3E6A792B-055D-4C61-B355-FD6563E1B521.jpeg This is a new ring for me which was a gift... a 1940’s Zuni ring which I wore recently with my 1930’s-40’s Zuni cuff. The ring is huge but so much fun. Generally, I think I’ll wear it by itself lol!

They are both beautiful! So what happens when you bend your finger? Does the ring stick out into thin air?:lol:

Bluegemz

Ideal_Rock
Premium
AD50D872-D20B-4B56-B8E5-4BF9368E2160.jpeg 09C5F7B9-1303-4DAA-AF11-DE4FCB8D2B2D.jpeg
They are both beautiful! So what happens when you bend your finger? Does the ring stick out into thin air?:lol:

It DOES! It’s very funny. I truly love it though...I’m imagining wearing it to the office with a crisp, white collared shirt....
Here’s a picture of what it does, along with a picture of a 1940’s Zuni cluster cuff which my mother just bought for herself.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results