shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Solitaires with BIG eternity rings!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Does anyone have a solitaire they wear with a larger stone eternity ring? I am thinking of upgrading and would love to see your solitaires with 3 ctw plus or 3.5 mm and larger. Thank you!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anyone? Perhaps I should explain more about what I am trying to achieve... Below is an inspiration shot... I LOVE the scale of this set!

INSPIRATION:
  • The diamonds in the band are .20 pointers and it measures 4mm.
  • The center diamond is 1.8 carats
  • I'm guessing the engagement ring band is around 3mm based on the scale with the wedding band??
  • I love the flush non-knife edge band. Does anyone have a recommendation on what band this might be?? I'm considering replacing mine with this one https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...d-with-a-scalloped-six-prong-head-item-126003 (but with a 3 mm - instead of 2 mm - band, if they can do that)
  • Inspiration finger size = 4.5 (mine is 5.25)
NOTE: Instead of a shared-prong eternity, I am planning on a milligrain bezel band due to scratching concerns and comfort.

unnamed.jpeg

This James Allen eternity is perfect, if they are able to make it with larger diamonds and in platinum. https://www.jamesallen.com/wedding-...lgrain-bezel-diamond-eternity-ring-item-62168

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 2.49.10 PM.png

MY CURRENT SET:

• 3.10 ACA carat center stone
  • 7 pointers for the eternity ring
  • Custom knife-edge platinum band
  • Finger size = 5.25
NOTE: After a long saga with scratching to my e-ring prongs, I had my eternity reset into a channel set band. I'm not completely in love with it, so my next band will have miligrain bezels.

I have also never been happy with the shape of the head (not visible from this image) so if I don't replace the band, the prongs still need to be redone.

solitaire.jpeg

Here is a picture I took with a fakie I bought to try and get a visual for scale... It measures 3 mm with 2.2 carats. I definitely need bigger to get the scale I'm looking for. Would 3 carats work, or do I need 4? What point size? .20 like the inspiration, or maybe .25 given my larger finger size and center stone? But of course, the milligrain bezel will add to the overall width of the band as well, so maybe .20s would be perfect.

IMG-4833.jpg

I would love any advice on size of diamonds I should get for the new eternity band, and thoughts on replacing my e-ring band!

And please post any inspirational rings, including specs and finger size.

Thank you!!

Attachments

• IMG-4831.jpg
    IMG-4831.jpg
    160.5 KB · Views: 19

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ignorant question: Are you wedded to RBC eternity band? For that showstopping solitaire in a simple mounting, might a baguette or Carre-cut eternity band complement it better and compete with it less?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ignorant question: Are you wedded to RBC eternity band? For that showstopping solitaire in a simple mounting, might a baguette or Carre-cut eternity band complement it better and compete with it less?

A great question!! I have bought fakies in every shape and size trying to figure out what to do, and I keep coming back to classic round. However, I do lust over the French cut bands... I'm just not crazy about the channel settings, which are necessary to prevent scratching. I have fallen in love with this miligrain bezel! IRL, you cannot even see it at all, it gives me the look of the shared-prong I originally wanted, AND it is so much more comfortable! :)

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
If this helps, these are 0.2 ACA melee with a platinum bezel setting. It's measures 20mm across the top of a 4.75 finger. Width is 3-4mm (can't quite remember but I can check). IMG_20210802_152555856.jpg

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
If this helps, these are 0.2 ACA melee with a platinum bezel setting. It's measures 20mm across the top of a 4.75 finger. Width is 3-4mm (can't quite remember but I can check). IMG_20210802_152555856.jpg

Yes, this is perfect!!! These are .20s? I would love to know the overall width, if it's not too much trouble! Do you wear this with another ring or by itself? I'm curious how it would look with my solitaire.

And I'd love to see more pictures of your gorgeous eternity... Who made it for you? Are the bezels smooth? I love it so much! Thank you, thank you!!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Yes, this is perfect!!! These are .20s? I would love to know the overall width, if it's not too much trouble! Do you wear this with another ring or by itself? I'm curious how it would look with my solitaire.

And I'd love to see more pictures of your gorgeous eternity... Who made it for you? Are the bezels smooth? I love it so much! Thank you, thank you!!

So sorry, one more question... it looks very low set which is exactly what I'm looking for! Not so high that it pokes into the other fingers and is uncomfortable. Yes?

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock

So the width is 4-4.5mm. It was a customer order from WF. The bezels are smooth and less than 0.5mm in width. I tend to wear it on it's own, I haven't yet found the perfect companion (mind you, I only received the ring in May so I really shouldn't be looking). For scale this is the band with a blue zircon. The zircon is 8x10mm but the gold band is 3mm wide (I would never wear them this way, I was having some fun with the idea of stacking)
IMG_20211028_174446897.jpg

Tartansparkles

Brilliant_Rock
So sorry, one more question... it looks very low set which is exactly what I'm looking for! Not so high that it pokes into the other fingers and is uncomfortable. Yes?

The ring sits 3mm high. It is very comfortable and was designed to lie across the top without going inbetween my fingers (which I would find uncomfortable). I was worried about going with 6 stones instead of 5 or 7 but once on the finger all you see is a band of sparkle. The band is brushed 18ct yellow gold and tapers slightly.
(Apologies if the pictures are huge, posting from my phone and not sure how to make them smaller) IMG_20211219_221225795.jpg

Feel free to ask away, I bought online from the UK without having seen anything similar in real life, nor WF diamonds. Without the help of others on the forum I wouldn't have my dream ring.

Attachments

• IMG_20211219_221518002.jpg
    IMG_20211219_221518002.jpg
    308.3 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The ring sits 3mm high. It is very comfortable and was designed to lie across the top without going inbetween my fingers (which I would find uncomfortable). I was worried about going with 6 stones instead of 5 or 7 but once on the finger all you see is a band of sparkle. The band is brushed 18ct yellow gold and tapers slightly.
(Apologies if the pictures are huge, posting from my phone and not sure how to make them smaller) IMG_20211219_221225795.jpg

Feel free to ask away, I bought online from the UK without having seen anything similar in real life, nor WF diamonds. Without the help of others on the forum I wouldn't have my dream ring.

This is so helpful, thank you!!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The larger you go with the stones, the higher the stones will sit, obviously, even with a low setting. Hers is relatively low, but at 3mm high, it may need a spacer band between the e-ring and the diamond band to keep the diamond band from rubbing the e-ring prongs. I think .20 would be the max I'd go in a larger band. The other issue when you go larger is that the wedding band will stick out farther from the finger than the e-ring shank unless you have both rings custom made to have the same height shank. I would almost encourage you to do that. I really wouldn't buy a JA setting that may not even work with the diamond band. I also wouldn't have them make the diamond band because I'd want really fine quality milgrain and I think you need a custom ringmaker for this project.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
The larger you go with the stones, the higher the stones will sit, obviously, even with a low setting. Hers is relatively low, but at 3mm high, it may need a spacer band between the e-ring and the diamond band to keep the diamond band from rubbing the e-ring prongs. I think .20 would be the max I'd go in a larger band. The other issue when you go larger is that the wedding band will stick out farther from the finger than the e-ring shank unless you have both rings custom made to have the same height shank. I would almost encourage you to do that. I really wouldn't buy a JA setting that may not even work with the diamond band. I also wouldn't have them make the diamond band because I'd want really fine quality milgrain and I think you need a custom ringmaker for this project.

A spacer, oh no!! This is what I was trying to avoid with a bezel band!! Do you still need a spacer if the diamond's rough edge is completely covered?

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am trying to think of larger eternity rings and 15 points is the max I can think of so far. Here is @FancyDiamond 's 15 point eternity from WF.

15pteternity.fancydiamond.JPG

I love this one, and the pears!!! So funny because I was just looking at @Dee*Jay 's gorgeous ring with small pear sides and Angie Harmon's from this post - https://www.pricescope.com/communit...amond-eternity-bands.51825/page-3#post-774255

with band 2.jpeg
@Dee*Jay

Screen Shot 2021-12-19 at 9.01.27 PM.png
Angie Harmon

@Dee*Jay 's eternity band is 14 stones, each between .34 and .36 ct, for a total of 4.92 ct. Her center stone is 3.37, so slightly bigger than mine. I absolutely love the little pear accents!! They allow the center stone to remain the star, but I think they really complement the larger eternity... It seems to have a better "flow" than just a solitaire would. Now, I wouldn't go this large with the eternity stones, I'm thinking .20s (with bezel band) are perfect for me.

Thoughts on the pears?? What size would you recommend to achieve this look with a 3.10 carat main stone?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi there! If it helps at all, the pear sides were .36 each. So with a 3.10 main stone I think you'd be around the .30 size for pears. That being said, the pears can of course differ in face up size and shape, but my two cents is I'd start around .30!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Hi there! If it helps at all, the pear sides were .36 each. So with a 3.10 main stone I think you'd be around the .30 size for pears. That being said, the pears can of course differ in face up size and shape, but my two cents is I'd start around .30!

Yes, so helpful, thank you! I love your ring so much!! Did you end up changing the pears?

HS4S_2

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I wear two 3mm 7 stone bands with my ering. I do not enjoy full eternity bands because I always worry. I also wear a stacker between.

Hope this helps at all. My casa center is a little over 8mm.

20211219_130029.jpg 20211219_154435.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don’t mind this on occasion. But it’s “a lot” for all the time for me and the solitaire is much smaller than yours. It’s a 2.11 CBI that I no longer own. The five stone is 30 pointers. Finger size is 4.75.
4FD7CB60-4FFE-45AE-B3D6-E3186AA59315.jpeg EC2022D5-894D-4620-8175-28B2208356AC.jpeg 166DF2AD-98B3-49B1-901A-89FF123B19C3.jpeg

One thing that bothers me about a bigger band is that the edge of your solitaire blends into the diamonds on the band so you don’t get a clear delineation of the diamond on your ering. That bothered me. So your current band of 7 pointers is perfect i that respect. And the width of the band is about the width of the shank of your ering. So that symmetry is very pleasing to the eye as well.

Last edited:

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto everything @LLJsmom just said. I never wear these together like this, but for the sake of these photos…

Eternity has twenty pointers and solitaire is a 4ct. Finger is 4.25.

773126AC-4F5C-4DD3-8CB9-855DC372FE10.jpeg 9DC47CD6-7208-4F28-8CCE-8B669A3827E0.jpeg 12CD9AD3-70EB-4141-A2CA-B0260477F4B0.jpeg 589D1080-EAC3-4303-9214-FCA77254557E.jpeg 3A908683-7C92-4D1C-BEBA-0966473598CF.jpeg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes, so helpful, thank you! I love your ring so much!! Did you end up changing the pears?

I actually ended up changing out the entire setting, but if I were to do it all again a round with pears would be very high on my list of options!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Ditto everything @LLJsmom just said. I never wear these together like this, but for the sake of these photos…

Eternity has twenty pointers and solitaire is a 4ct. Finger is 4.25.

773126AC-4F5C-4DD3-8CB9-855DC372FE10.jpeg 9DC47CD6-7208-4F28-8CCE-8B669A3827E0.jpeg 12CD9AD3-70EB-4141-A2CA-B0260477F4B0.jpeg 589D1080-EAC3-4303-9214-FCA77254557E.jpeg 3A908683-7C92-4D1C-BEBA-0966473598CF.jpeg

Wow!!! This is absolutely stunning!! I wish I had your lovely long hands!! That 4 carat looks huge on your finger, it is GORGEOUS!! Thank you for posting!!

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I don’t mind this on occasion. But it’s “a lot” for all the time for me and the solitaire is much smaller than yours. It’s a 2.11 CBI that I no longer own. The five stone is 30 pointers. Finger size is 4.75.
4FD7CB60-4FFE-45AE-B3D6-E3186AA59315.jpeg EC2022D5-894D-4620-8175-28B2208356AC.jpeg 166DF2AD-98B3-49B1-901A-89FF123B19C3.jpeg

One thing that bothers me about a bigger band is that the edge of your solitaire blends into the diamonds on the band so you don’t get a clear delineation of the diamond on your ering. That bothered me. So your current band of 7 pointers is perfect i that respect. And the width of the band is about the width of the shank of your ering. So that symmetry is very pleasing to the eye as well.

So helpful, thank you!! I have definitely decided to stick with 20-ish pointers! Beautiful rings!! :)

StarshineSweet

Rough_Rock
Trade
Anyone? Perhaps I should explain more about what I am trying to achieve... Below is an inspiration shot... I LOVE the scale of this set!

INSPIRATION:
  • The diamonds in the band are .20 pointers and it measures 4mm.
  • The center diamond is 1.8 carats
  • I'm guessing the engagement ring band is around 3mm based on the scale with the wedding band??
  • I love the flush non-knife edge band. Does anyone have a recommendation on what band this might be?? I'm considering replacing mine with this one https://www.jamesallen.com/engageme...d-with-a-scalloped-six-prong-head-item-126003 (but with a 3 mm - instead of 2 mm - band, if they can do that)
  • Inspiration finger size = 4.5 (mine is 5.25)
NOTE: Instead of a shared-prong eternity, I am planning on a milligrain bezel band due to scratching concerns and comfort.

unnamed.jpeg
0.20ct each diamond in that first band would result in the band being at least 3.75mm wide, if the diamonds are ideal cuts.

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Approx 9.35mm center stone with a 19/20 point eternity band. cb-hvs2-3.jpg

This!!! I absolutely LOVE the scale!! And I think our solitaires are the same size! What is your finger size? If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to see more pictures from different angles!! Do you wear these two rings together? How wide is the band on your ering? Do you know the total carat weight of the eternity? Is it comfortable to wear? Thank you so much!!

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
I know you only asked for input on proportions, but to me your e-ring reads as very sleek and modern (although I haven’t seen the profile), and anything with milgrain reads to me as vintage/antique.

I actually think razor thin, unadorned plain bezels will you the closest thing to the floating diamonds look that prongs afford with necessary protection. I think it will look more cohesive as a set too.

Anyways, hope I’m not interjecting with unhelpful advice if you’ve already made up your mind!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock

Hi @LLJsmom! Do you mind if I ask who made your 5 stone ring? It's beautiful.

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi @LLJsmom! Do you mind if I ask who made your 5 stone ring? It's beautiful.

Hi RWS (sorry shortened) :) , thank you so much. Believe it or not it was done by a local jeweler, very well respected cause they have been around for super long, but local nevertheless. They made it very secure, with the setting just extending a hair beyond the girdle so the diamonds never touch a ring that it's stacked with. It is platinum and there is quite a bit of metal so it's built like a tank, but it is very comfortable and set super low. Here is a side view. Did you want name and contact info?

Attachments

• 5 stone.jpeg
    5 stone.jpeg
    58.8 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:

CharlotteYork

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I know you only asked for input on proportions, but to me your e-ring reads as very sleek and modern (although I haven’t seen the profile), and anything with milgrain reads to me as vintage/antique.

I actually think razor thin, unadorned plain bezels will you the closest thing to the floating diamonds look that prongs afford with necessary protection. I think it will look more cohesive as a set too.

Anyways, hope I’m not interjecting with unhelpful advice if you’ve already made up your mind!

Not at all, I appreciate all of the feedback! I've been wearing my little "tester" for a few weeks now, and you cannot even see the milligrain in real life unless you look super close.... the milligrain blends in and looks like facets of the stone! The plain bezels are lovely too, but I can very clearly see the bezels. The milligraining makes them "disappear" at least in my eye! :)

CareBear

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
This!!! I absolutely LOVE the scale!! And I think our solitaires are the same size! What is your finger size? If it isn't too much trouble, I'd love to see more pictures from different angles!! Do you wear these two rings together? How wide is the band on your ering? Do you know the total carat weight of the eternity? Is it comfortable to wear? Thank you so much!!

Thank you! My ring size is 4.5. My e-ring width is about 2.5mm, which should be the same as yours. The eternity band is 3.1tcw, 19/20pt, 16 stones, and as wide as the stones in the band, so approx 3.8mm. I attached a profile pic of this band with my previous stone (different stone, same setting), to give you an idea of how high it will sit against a Tiffany style setting. The stones are set very low in this band, but will definitely damage your prongs if you wear them together daily. They are comfortable to wear together as long as I'm not doing housework or typing. However, as much as I LOVE the look of the rings together, I rarely wear them together.

CIMG3969-small.jpg

CIMG3957-small.JPG

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results