Show Me Your Diamond Eternity Bands!!!!

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 10/11/2006 9:32:47 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Date: 10/11/2006 1:54:10 AM

Author: KristyDarling

OH MY!!! BD, you could not have started this thread during a timelier time!!! All of these pieces are just to die for. I've been on the fence about getting an eternity band for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas gift this year. I want something to wear on its own when I'm not wearing my Leon, and a blingy eternity band might be the answer. I was seriously considering getting something with 15-pointers like LuckyHonu's, but now that I've seen DeeJay's monster band, I'm in LUST!!! 30-pointers.....hmmmmmm [wheels turning].

A eternity band to wear when you're not wearing your Leon??? What about to wear WITH your Leon!!!
11.gif
You know, I've searched everywhere to find a band that looks good with my Leon but nothing looks quite right. The overall shape of my ring gets "lost" when it's paired with a band, especially a big blingy one! (although my pal Roppongi would disagree. She thinks my ring looks BETTER with high carat weight eternity bands) I wish I wish I wish I could find a nice band that works, but I don't think it's gonna happen.
39.gif
Eh, I could think of worse problems to have!
37.gif

DJ - what is the total carat weight of your band?

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 10:16:29 AM

Date: 10/11/2006 9:32:47 AM

Date: 10/11/2006 1:54:10 AM

OH MY!!! BD, you could not have started this thread during a timelier time!!! All of these pieces are just to die for. I''ve been on the fence about getting an eternity band for my birthday/anniversary/Christmas gift this year. I want something to wear on its own when I''m not wearing my Leon, and a blingy eternity band might be the answer. I was seriously considering getting something with 15-pointers like LuckyHonu''s, but now that I''ve seen DeeJay''s monster band, I''m in LUST!!! 30-pointers.....hmmmmmm [wheels turning].

A eternity band to wear when you''re not wearing your Leon??? What about to wear WITH your Leon!!!
11.gif
You know, I''ve searched everywhere to find a band that looks good with my Leon but nothing looks quite right. The overall shape of my ring gets ''lost'' when it''s paired with a band, especially a big blingy one! (although my pal Roppongi would disagree. She thinks my ring looks BETTER with high carat weight eternity bands) I wish I wish I wish I could find a nice band that works, but I don''t think it''s gonna happen.
39.gif
Eh, I could think of worse problems to have!
37.gif

DJ - what is the total carat weight of your band?

Angie Harmon doesn''t seem to think so
2.gif

AngieFavorite002.jpg

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL. True, true. Angie''s is the set that I have in mind whenever I start leaning towards adding a band. So I haven''t ruled it out completely. But then again.....

I''M SUCH A WAFFLER!!!!!

kelley1975

Shiny_Rock
Here''s my baby eband=)

!cid_000a01c6ed49$34a9da20$C2F8F9A2@win.or.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
KD - my band is 14 stones, each between .34 and .36 ct, for a total of 4.92 ct.

Here is a pic of it with my round in it''s temporary setting. Of course your center and side stones are better proportioned, but at least it''s an idea.

with band 2.JPG

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kelley - I LOVE the little pink sapphire in your eternity band!
12.gif

DJ - thank you SO much for posting that! It always helps a ton to see a similarly sized stone paired with an e-band close in size to what I''m considering. [sigh] Why are you making this so hard for me???
3.gif
I had already told DH I was considering a band with .15 to .20 pointers. I do love the dainty bling, but big bling gets me excited too!

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
eeeeee.. i am typically not a fan of 3 stones with pears with other bands because i think that it just muddies up the look but DJ that picture you posted could really make me change my mind. it looks VERRA YUMMY.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LOL gals! And now I'm rethinking just having my round reset better and with different pears.

(This site is a blessing and a curse... )

KristyDarling

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Actually DJ, the reason why I think the blingy band works with your current e-ring is BECAUSE the pears are so understated. If they were bigger, it wouldn''t work so well. Like there''d be too much going on all at once. The way your round is set now, you can actually SEE the round-with-pear-sides overall shape. I likey!!!

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ohhhh... good point KD.

(I also had a moment of madness this morning when I was considering brilliant cut traps on the sides, but I *might* be over that now--probably mostly because I can't find any good pics of a setting like that to know what it would look like, LOL!)

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/11/2006 3:28:13 PM
LOL gals! And now I''m rethinking just having my round reset better and with different pears.

(This site is a blessing and a curse... )

really? thinking of throwing out the square halo thing?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Who knows... my ideas change from day to day. (Of course it doesn''t help that the jeweler can''t get the Kelege settings in for me to SEE!!!)

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Whoa, Dee*Jay! How did I miss your set?

It's GORGEOUS and I think your e-ring stones are in perfect proportion!
30.gif

KD, I am loving the Angie Harmon look! It could come in handy if you are ever stranded on a desert island and need to flag down a rescue chopper!!!!
30.gif

ETA: I agree with KristyDarling - the look works better I think because of the proportions! Your stone still pops even despite all that big bling!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Side view...

JoeEscobarSideGypsy336.jpg

ChargerGrrl

Ideal_Rock
Oh WOW I just noticed this thread. LOVE all the eyecandy.

THANKS for posting my band, BlingDiva!

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
I thought i had a pic of my eternity band alone on here.. but I guess not.. so here it is with my e-ring.. It''s about .93 ct.. 26 stones, size 3..

eringandbandhand.jpg

Gothgrrl

Brilliant_Rock
Melissasue, your ring is FAB!

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Dee*Jay -- again, I must say that I LOVE LOVE LOVE your set!!!!
30.gif

I wouldn''t change your setting at all!!!! Is it really a temp?

MelissaSue''s set is also very yummy.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Julian, you're killin' me!

It's a "temp" setting in that when I upgraded to this stone the (lousy) jeweler only switched out the basket from my other (smaller) stone and didn't even spread the pears to accommodate the bigger basket, and so this whole thing is rather cobbled together. But now I'm on the prowl for a more vintage-y looking setting with a halo and maybe something on the sides (not sure if I will have room for side stones though because my finger is only about 18 mm wide... )

But every time I see KD's gorgeous ring or others like it I am tempted to just get different pears and have the ring re-made so that it's well done and not just slapped togther. The down-side to that of course is that I would never be able to wear it with my eternity band.
8.gif

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
DJ: I have to weigh in on your eternity band too. I love it! I had been wanting a seven stone totaling around .9 but now that I see yours, you have me rethinking it.

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~Harry Winston...

HarryWinston455.jpg

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bling*Diva* - You changed your avatar! Are you planning a little trip to Harry Winston???
31.gif

lucyh

Rough_Rock
Stunning! Did you think also about getting a fitted ring?

lucyh

Rough_Rock
I guess a better word for it is one that ''nestles'' against the e-ring, part of a set.

Julian

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 10/20/2006 3:44:19 PM
Oh Julian, you''re killin'' me!

It''s a ''temp'' setting in that when I upgraded to this stone the (lousy) jeweler only switched out the basket from my other (smaller) stone and didn''t even spread the pears to accommodate the bigger basket, and so this whole thing is rather cobbled together. But now I''m on the prowl for a more vintage-y looking setting with a halo and maybe something on the sides (not sure if I will have room for side stones though because my finger is only about 18 mm wide... )

But every time I see KD''s gorgeous ring or others like it I am tempted to just get different pears and have the ring re-made so that it''s well done and not just slapped togther. The down-side to that of course is that I would never be able to wear it with my eternity band.
8.gif
Dee*Jay - your set is awesome! I''m sure in person maybe there are some tweaks you''d like... but to the observer, it is just STUNNING. HUGE. POPPIN''.

30.gif

It looks so lovely with the eternity band (which is also to die for!)... I love the proportions. It seems like the PERFECT combo -- you have a blingy 3-stone WITH the center stone POPPING OUT. Like, "Hello darlings, yes I am a huge perfect stunning RB....here are my backup singers." I mean, the backup singers make her even LOVELIER! They don''t compete!

And the beauty of it all is... the 3 stone looks SLAMMIN'' with the blingy eternity band!

It''s beautiful! I want one like that!!!!!!!

How did you decide on the proportions?

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Julian, you make me laugh! The center stone is 3.37 and the side pears are .36 each. They''re the original stones from my engagement ring and they used to flank a 1.33 ct pear. The eternity band is 14 stones, .34 to .36 ct each, for a total of 4.29.

I would love to take credit for creating a set that went together and had great proporations, but it ain''t so--this is just want I ended up with, LOL.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results