shape
carat
color
clarity

New SP eternity band!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
My husband is the best! I had pointed out a couple items I liked on the signed pieces site, and he bought me one as a surprise! It arrived today and is beautiful. My husband said it was a pleasure working with the gentlemen at Signed Pieces! It's a little thinner than we had both envisioned, but I love how delicate it is. It is very sparkly as well! I don' have a loupe, but to my eye the quality is great - very evenly set stones.

It's .35 ctw, plat, bead set with milgrain. We both like channel setting because of the metal on the sides, but I don't like seeing any space between the diamonds. The bead setting (and having small stones) totally takes care of that - all you see is sparkle, no spaces! He thought it would be a nice RHR and I agree, but I also like it with my solitaire as an alternative to the curved band. What do you think? If you think it is too delicate looking with my solitaire, please say so - I'd like honest opinions.

And without further ado, here are some pics! My nails look terrible and these are in my bathroom... so excuse the background please!!

Edited: will post my appraisal question in rocky talky!

fall 2006 037 (Small).jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Another with my e-ring...

fall 2006 038 (Small).jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Forgot to say, my e-ring is 1.12 H or I, SI1 or I1, depending on the appraisal.... finger size 5.75. The eternity band is a 6 and fits perfectly, however.

fall 2006 039 (Small).jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
This should be a pic of the x prong with matching band

fall 2006 044 (Small).jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Another of x prong with matching band - I must say these pics came out better than I expected!

fall 2006 043 (Small).jpg

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
This is it for now - the new band solo! These pics don''t really show how delicate it is in person. It reminds me of the ritani band, except that this has milgraining (a really nice detail that I hadn''t thought much about before, but I really like it!)

Again my only concern is that the band is less substantial than I had envisioned for an eternity band, but I do love it and the thought behind it. My husband knows how picky I am and said I should definitely exchange if I want to - but I think I am keeping this one!

fall 2006 041 (Small).jpg

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
The eternity band from SP is lovely!! As far as the appraiser is concerned you said he is with a local jewelry store?? You need to have an independent appraiser to evaluate your stone etc... I think your husband is a very sweet guy. Take some time and wear it to see how you feel about it.
1.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
thanks Kaleigh... yes he is the sweetest! he wanted me to have something tangible for accomplishing a couple of personal goals this summer/fall!

Re: appraisal, I should have known better than to go to a local store for the appraisal, but since I already own the stone and just needed the appraisal for insurance, and have had many good encounters with this store, I thought it would be fine. But, live and learn. He may be correct re: the stone - that would be very worrisome!!!!

ETA: I have since moved my question re: appraisal to a seperate thread!

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Very pretty, Gail!! Congratulations, and enjoy your new ring!!!
36.gif
36.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
hi Dani! How are you? What did you decide to do re: your reset? I like your new avatar by the way!

bling*diva*

Ideal_Rock
~~I love it with your e-ring...the matching band looks great too!! Choices...choices
2.gif

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thanks so much Bling Diva! Thanks for keeping so many of the other threads updated. I love the celebrity bling!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! It looks great with your ering too. SP seem to be very high quality to me. Congratulations, I think hubby did a pretty good job.

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 12:19:06 AM
Author: gailrmv
hi Dani! How are you? What did you decide to do re: your reset? I like your new avatar by the way!
Hi Gail!

I love your new ring- it really is so delicate and pretty- I know you have been wanting a SP band for a while now- what a thoughtful hubby you have!

I am pretty sure I am going to go through with the re-set- but we arent getting married till next September, so just taking some time to make sure I think things through and to save some extra $$$
2.gif
. I am a bit nervous about it, but I think in the end it will just work out better for me, since I will be able to wear both my rings at the same time. I am afraid if I dont re-set that I will never wear my e-ring...I will just end up wearing my w-band all the time and that''s it. So.....

Thanks about my avatar...I love pink peonies, just figured I needed something new for a little while....
2.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi, Gail! I love that band! As a matter of fact, I ordered a similar one from SP that was almost a carat back in the summer. I sooo wanted to keep it, but I couldn''t find an e-ring setting in time to know whether it would go together, so I returned it. The milgrain is very beautiful and the quality was just excellent.

I also really like your e-ring setting. What I am realizing is that those Vatche settings are not as wide as they appear in the super huge pictures. I might have gotten one, too, if I had seen some hand shots earlier!

leilei0812

Rough_Rock
I have the same band, except in white gold. It''s gorgeous isn''t it? I hope you love how pretty it looks with your E-ring.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! And I love it with your e-ring!

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Gail-

It''s beautifu!! It goes perfectly with your gorgeous e-ring!!
30.gif

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
what a nice surprise. it''s lovely.

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
Aww. I really like that....

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
love the new band gail!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for the compliments, everyone! I''m so happy with it too!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 8:23:09 AM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Hi, Gail! I love that band! As a matter of fact, I ordered a similar one from SP that was almost a carat back in the summer. I sooo wanted to keep it, but I couldn''t find an e-ring setting in time to know whether it would go together, so I returned it. The milgrain is very beautiful and the quality was just excellent.

I also really like your e-ring setting. What I am realizing is that those Vatche settings are not as wide as they appear in the super huge pictures. I might have gotten one, too, if I had seen some hand shots earlier!
Hi Diamondseeker,
thanks for the compliments! I agree re: the vatche looking so wide in pictures. I am pretty tall and have long fingers, and I think the thickness of the vatche band works well for me. I also like a thinner solitaire, but the x prong just spoke to me - I was not even in the market to change my setting when I saw it and fell in love! My favorite part is how the head is so well integrated into the ring.

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 9:16:24 AM
Author: february2003bride
Gail-

30.gif
Thanks Carrie! Have you had your appt with Quest yet? how was it!?

february2003bride

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 11:24:34 AM

Gail-

30.gif
I go today. I''m excited and anxious. I''m worried by budget is too small, I''ll fall in love with one that''s not practical, blah blah blah. It''ll be fun though, lol. I''ll definitely post tonight what happened!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 8:03:05 AM
Author: Dani

Date: 10/13/2006 12:19:06 AM
Hi Gail!

I love your new ring- it really is so delicate and pretty- I know you have been wanting a SP band for a while now- what a thoughtful hubby you have!

I am pretty sure I am going to go through with the re-set- but we arent getting married till next September, so just taking some time to make sure I think things through and to save some extra $$$
2.gif
. I am a bit nervous about it, but I think in the end it will just work out better for me, since I will be able to wear both my rings at the same time. I am afraid if I dont re-set that I will never wear my e-ring...I will just end up wearing my w-band all the time and that''s it. So.....

Thanks about my avatar...I love pink peonies, just figured I needed something new for a little while....
2.gif
Hi Dani,
That sounds like a good plan! Yeah, you definitely want to be able to wear that beautiful emerald cut after you get married!!!! Did you decide on the ritani endless love? I just love that setting. one of my friends is thinking of getting it as a reset and I''m excited to go with her to look at it.
Your avatar looks very bridal! It''s really pretty!!

catou

Rough_Rock
I think it''s gorgeous! That''s *exactly* the kind of wedding band I have my heart set on.

congratulations! :)

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 11:26:34 AM

Date: 10/13/2006 11:24:34 AM

Gail-

30.gif
I go today. I''m excited and anxious. I''m worried by budget is too small, I''ll fall in love with one that''s not practical, blah blah blah. It''ll be fun though, lol. I''ll definitely post tonight what happened!
Oh cool! You must be so excited! I think I remember a while ago you posted about that happy feeling you get from being in a jewelry store and trying things on... it''s the same way for me... I hope you have a wonderful time and that it isn''t stressful! It sounds like you have a good mental image of what you want and you know it needs to work with your beautiful anniv band... so that should help narrow it down!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 8:45:14 AM
Author: leilei0812
I have the same band, except in white gold. It''s gorgeous isn''t it? I hope you love how pretty it looks with your E-ring.
Hi Leilei,
Thanks!!
Yours is beautiful too! I saw your thread - your ring has larger stones than mine, but very similar and very pretty! I am very impressed with the price and quality available at signed pieces!

gailrmv

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/13/2006 9:13:52 AM
Author: Dee*Jay
Very pretty! And I love it with your e-ring!
Thanks Dee*Jay! It''s nice to hear from you! I aspire to a jewelry collection like yours someday! How is the Demon Dog doing?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results