clarity

Show me your Pearls!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Really gorgeous HHP!! :love: :love:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Golden Pearls from Jose at tahitianpearls.biz, I'm pretty thrilled. I'm broke now, but thrilled. Specs: 10-12mm, deep golden, 18 inch, off-round, minor blemishing, excellent luster.

pearlsboxlr.jpg

neckshot1lr.jpg

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
My dad got me these on one of his last business trips to Japan.

pearls.jpg

iLander

Ideal_Rock
These are just lovely, and they look like a nice length, too! :love:

Please give the specs, so we can appreciate them some more (size, type, color, etc.)

texaskj

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for the interest. They're 19 inches and I'm going to guess 5mm. I would say light to medium gray with flashes of green, blue and some purple. I don't know all that much about pearls, but I know they're akoyas because my mom was fairly mad at my dad for how much he paid for them. She would never tell me how much and this was 10-12 years ago. My dad struck up a friendship with one of the head guys at a manufacturing company in Japan through work. He came to the states fairly often and he always brought my mother something pearl-wise. (Dad wasn't supposed to accept work-related gifts.) These came from the same store he bought all his gifts at. They were strung on wire with a very cheap base-metal clasp. I immediately took them to a local mom-and-pop jewely store and had them restrung and they did a wonderful job. I used to wear them quite a bit, but my job now is jeans and tennies. I really should just get over it and wear them again. And now that I've bored everyone to tears......

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Not boring at all, we love to hear the stories, and they sound like they are full of great memories for you. Yours are lovely and a very cool color.

You do realize they would look great with a collared shirt and jeans, right? Or any black top! Not too dressy at all! PERFECT for restaurant evenings too, with a blouse or cute top. You can wear them paired with silver hoops and they'd be great.

These days pearls are everywhere on everybody, they make a nice accessory, for all types of outfits!

So wear them with pride girl, they "go" with everything!

pearls.jpg

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
texaskj said:
My dad got me these on one of his last business trips to Japan.

i love these. please tell you dad we are envious!

MoZo

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
iLander said:
Golden Pearls from Jose at tahitianpearls.biz, I'm pretty thrilled. I'm broke now, but thrilled. Specs: 10-12mm, deep golden, 18 inch, off-round, minor blemishing, excellent luster.

A beautiful strand, iLander. The pearls have great luster!

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
I hate PS! I've never even had an interest in pearls before. I wandered over here just to to see what I could see about the quality of some freshwater pearls I received as a bridesmaid gift. Three days later, I have compiled a pearl wishlist that would take my entire lifetime to be able to afford (that is, if I don't send my future children to college!). I want everything you all have posted. So insanely beautiful.

I think I will get some pearls to wear to my rehearsal dinner (my neck is already claimed for my actual wedding ceremony; I have my mother's lavaliere necklace to wear, but I still want wedding pearls!). Look out for my "help me decide which pearls to buy!" post in the coming months. ;-)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
blacksand said:
I hate PS! I've never even had an interest in pearls before. I wandered over here just to to see what I could see about the quality of some freshwater pearls I received as a bridesmaid gift. Three days later, I have compiled a pearl wishlist that would take my entire lifetime to be able to afford (that is, if I don't send my future children to college!). I want everything you all have posted. So insanely beautiful.

I think I will get some pearls to wear to my rehearsal dinner (my neck is already claimed for my actual wedding ceremony; I have my mother's lavaliere necklace to wear, but I still want wedding pearls!). Look out for my "help me decide which pearls to buy!" post in the coming months. ;-)

LOL! I know...once you venture into this area, there is no turning back! I have quite a collection going....but it is more of a budgeted collection. Still pretty though as pearls can be easier to budget than diamonds and gemstones I have found! Love all the latest additions everyone! :love:

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Pearls are probably easier to budget than diamonds, yes! But I have a problem...my eye is invariably immediately drawn to the most expensive item on the page. I go right for the round Tahitians and golden South Seas, when I really should be on a baroque freshwater budget!

whitehotblank

Shiny_Rock
Hello! Introducing myself to this forum - this thread and the coloured stone thread will probably be my preferred hangouts.

I just purchased a pair of 8.5/9mm (natural/undyed etc.) blue Akoya studs from PP. Cannot wait to see them in person - I fell in love as soon as I spied them on the website. 390x145.jpg

I also noticed their metallic (also apparently untreated) freshwaters - has anyone purchased these? I really like their lustre.

When I get a proper camera I'll take photos of my small pearl collection, the jewel of which is a 15.5mm super-colourful Tahitian pendant I bought from Elana about 9 months ago. Here is one not-very-good photo: tahipearl2.jpg

I also collect loose SS goldens and baroques, with a view to someday having something unique made with them.

LOVING the pastels posted at the top of this page. I can't get enough of brightly coloured pearls.

iLander

Ideal_Rock
Whitehotblank

What an awesome collection you have! :love: I can't wait to see a thread on the Tahitian pendant! It is a beauty, love the emerald tones. :cheeky: NECK SHOT! :appl:

(Good thing you got that from FF when you could, she's apparently had a meltdown or something. :rolleyes: There's a thread on here all about that. )

I love the stud earrings, we will be NEEDING ear shots when you get them :naughty:

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
whitehotblank|1287954636|2745766 said:
Hello! Introducing myself to this forum - this thread and the coloured stone thread will probably be my preferred hangouts.

I just purchased a pair of 8.5/9mm (natural/undyed etc.) blue Akoya studs from PP. Cannot wait to see them in person - I fell in love as soon as I spied them on the website. 390x145.jpg

I also noticed their metallic (also apparently untreated) freshwaters - has anyone purchased these? I really like their lustre.When I get a proper camera I'll take photos of my small pearl collection, the jewel of which is a 15.5mm super-colourful Tahitian pendant I bought from Elana about 9 months ago. Here is one not-very-good photo: tahipearl2.jpg

I also collect loose SS goldens and baroques, with a view to someday having something unique made with them.

LOVING the pastels posted at the top of this page. I can't get enough of brightly coloured pearls.

Yes, I have a strand of the metallics, as well as a pair of 11mm perfectly round dangles, same metallics. They are all seriously gorgeous. Somewhere in this forum I have pics, but I'm not recalling exactly where at the moment. But lovely they truly are, I promise!

briolette

Shiny_Rock
I love love love pearls!
This is a freshwater set that I put together (along with a flameworked bead pendant). They're potato shaped creamy white:

briolette_pearlset.jpg

briolette_pearlset2.jpg

The box clasp of the bracelet I reused from a broken piece I found at an antique store. Not the most expensive or exquisite set, but one that I enjoy immensely.

I really enjoy looking at everyone elses pics. A lot of pretty pieces in this thread!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
briolette|1290013802|2770006 said:
I love love love pearls!
This is a freshwater set that I put together (along with a flameworked bead pendant). They're potato shaped creamy white:

briolette_pearlset.jpg

briolette_pearlset2.jpg

The box clasp of the bracelet I reused from a broken piece I found at an antique store. Not the most expensive or exquisite set, but one that I enjoy immensely.

I really enjoy looking at everyone elses pics. A lot of pretty pieces in this thread!

:wavey: Briolette! those are just gorgeous. I love how unique they are. Very creative!!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I would add my new strand from Jose at TahitianPearl.biz 10 to 11.5 mm white ss. I love my new strand :mrgreen:

White SS 10 to 11.5 mm drops.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
My Exotic necklaces

exoticopera.jpg

exotic1.jpg

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Exotic lavender earrings 11mm I also have a matching pendent

Lav-Earrings.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1290485065|2776165 said:
I thought I would add my new strand from Jose at TahitianPearl.biz 10 to 11.5 mm white ss. I love my new strand :mrgreen:

:love: :love: :love:

I am just loving this SS strand. I think ILander and you have found us a new vendor to try!! These are gorgeous! I love your other pieces too. YOu have quite the collection. But we don't want stock photos. :bigsmile: We want to see neckshots/earshots/wrist shots and "jumbly" shots!! :bigsmile:

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium

I think you and Ilander has found us another vendor. Those are gorgeous! I love your collection. No fair though. We don't want stock photos...... We want neck, ear, wrist, and "jumbly" photos of your collection!! :bigsmile:

iLander

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1290485782|2776173 said:
My favorite bracelet

WOW! Love that bracelet! Where did you get that, 4 ranch?!!

I am also in TOTAL agreement with CCN, you need to start a thread, with gobs of pix, of your collection! And don't forget

:appl: NECK SHOTS! :appl: NECK SHOTS! :appl: NECK SHOTS!

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
cushioncutnut|1290523975|2776654 said:

I think you and Ilander has found us another vendor. Those are gorgeous! I love your collection. No fair though. We don't want stock photos...... We want neck, ear, wrist, and "jumbly" photos of your collection!! :bigsmile:
These are not stock photos they are pictures of my actual strands. So sorry but I won't be taking pictures of my 60 year old neck.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
iLander|1290565948|2777529 said:
4Ranch Girl|1290485782|2776173 said:
My favorite bracelet

WOW! Love that bracelet! Where did you get that, 4 ranch?!!

I am also in TOTAL agreement with CCN, you need to start a thread, with gobs of pix, of your collection! And don't forget

:appl: NECK SHOTS! :appl: NECK SHOTS! :appl: NECK SHOTS!

The bracelet was one I got from QVC many years ago. Last fall I took the bracelet to Jeremy at PP and asked him to select the pearls and make a pearl charm bracelet for me. At first we only had 7 pearls on it but I thought it needed more so the next time I was at PP I asked Jeremy to add 2 more and then to sodder the charms closed so they would not come off. I wear it almost every day. So sorry but no neck shots from me.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Here is another one of my babies. Fireballs with a metallic pearl and large souffle enhancer. I also wear the enhancer on both of the metallic strands posted above.

11-23-10b edit.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
4Ranch Girl|1290588238|2777889 said:
Here is another one of my babies. Fireballs with a metallic pearl and large souffle enhancer. I also wear the enhancer on both of the metallic strands posted above.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My new Sea of Cortez ringed rainbow pearl set with a facted rainbow moonstone. I just received these two silver baroque Sea of Cortez pearls in the mail. They are destined to be earrings.

MySeaofCortezPearls_1391.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That turned out gorgeous! The moonstone was not my first choice but after seeing it done......... Beautiful! Matching earrings??? :love: :love: :love:

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
cushioncutnut|1290655380|2778818 said:
That turned out gorgeous! The moonstone was not my first choice but after seeing it done......... Beautiful! Matching earrings??? :love: :love: :love:
Thanks, CCN. I don't have any more moonstones :(( , so I think the earrings will be simple drops. I expect to get a lot of use from simple silver pearl earrings. :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results