mcpearlrng.jpg

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
metromom''s freshwater strand link

wpearl1.jpg

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wowza! Love to see everyone''s gorgeous pearls!!

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/25/2010 10:16:52 AM
Author: Mayacohk
8mm Akoya pearl with 0.48cts diamond clap
18.gif
30.gif
18.gif

tag singer

Rough_Rock
Hi Everyone!

I''ve enjoyed lurking for a while, and decided it was time to say hello.

This is my daytime look. For evening I pull out all the stops.
26.gif

IMG_3415 (620x448) (595x430).jpg

tag singer

Rough_Rock
My favorite Tahitians:

1. 10mm - 12mm AAA vivid multicolor from TPO. I had a 4" extender made for added versatility.

2. 11.1mm - 14.8mm AA+ vivid multicolor from FF''s recent 10th Anniversary sale. I''ll soon be having both strands coverted to mystery clasps so they can be worn as a rope.

IMG_3452 (635x529).jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Welcome tag singer and please show/tell us more!

haha that looks so cool!!! Yes, please start a thread and tell us all of the juicy details
5.gif

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
WOW! Welcome to PS!

Please start your own thread with tons of pics and tell us all about your strands. They look stunning.
30.gif

gardengloves

Brilliant_Rock
welcome Tag,

I can see we are going to need a thread on these pearls. Thanks, more pics, please.

tag singer

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the warm welcome y2kittty, elle, swedish bean and gardengloves. I''ve been enjoying your posts (not to mention your pearls!)

Yes, I would be happy to start another thread with pics and detailed descriptions of my addic....er.....collection.
19.gif

I''d also like to start a thread of size comparison neck shots to give pearl newbies an idea of what various size strands (especially > 10mm) look like on the average size neck. I don''t know about you, but I had difficult time visualizing the (significant) difference between a 9-11mm vs 10-12mm strand when I first started out. Lucky for me, HHPmom posted some neck shots of her (beautiful!) collection on another pearl forum. But gosh, did I have to search around! Having a good number of neck shots all in one place would have been extremely helpful.

Come to think of it, pics of various earring stud sizes might be helpful, too.

What do you think?

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
I think that would be really awesome and helpful!

margeryurso

Rough_Rock
Pearls are not only associated with wealth, but are symbolic of purity and dignity..Pearls are one of the nature''s best gifts to mankind and woman feel proud to wear and show it off.. From time immemorial pearl has been considered as the symbol of wealth and prosperity and pearl jewelry has been associated and considered only as part of the rich and famous.. pearls are lovely and elegant.. I like pearl jewelry so much..

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh Yum Tag! What a gorgeous collection. I bet it was not easy to stack those pearls on your neck like that! I do hope you start another thread!!!

Mozart6

Rough_Rock
Great pictures!

Mozart6

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/10/2010 8:10:48 PM
Author: elle_chris
marcyc''s pearl ring link

mcpearlrng.jpg

This is such a pretty, and dainty pearl ring

DiaDiva

Brilliant_Rock
Tag Singer, what a great neck shot you have in your avatar. Would love to see your pearl collection.

It reminds me a little of the Padaung (always known as Long Neck Karen) in Thailand.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Hello tag,

Welcome!!!
21.gif
Your avatar is Fabulous!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

Your strands are beautiful.

BTW, are the ones on the top of your neck shorter lengths! Curious to see how you attached them in the back and frontal view lay so neat.

tag singer

Rough_Rock
Hi CCN and Diva,

Thanks and right back atcha! My 7 yo daughter callls this my "Egyptian Queen" photo. Obviously, because I''m in denial of my addiction.
9.gif

Hi HHP,

With the exception of the Cortez bracelet, the rest of the collection is either 18" or part of a rope (W/G baroque SSP, loot Tahitian, Pelosi.) Tying them on the neck required remarkably high tech gadgetry - I used a combination of bread-bag twist ties and string.
2.gif

I''ll post more photos with the pearl particulars asap.

cagenicolus

Rough_Rock
I love the image mention by Hudson Hawk, It was really amazing.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/30/2010 7:26:17 PM
Author: tag singer
Hi Everyone!

I've enjoyed lurking for a while, and decided it was time to say hello.

This is my daytime look. For evening I pull out all the stops.
26.gif
23.gif

Good lord!!

Okay, start talking ma'am! Pictures and details of all of those, please...
10.gif

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My thread about my Tahitian pieces are locked now. Probably because it's been more than 3 months w/o a post. I was going to continue there to keep everything together, but oh well.

I recently came back from vacation and have something new from Margo Tahitian Pearl (also owned by Tahiti Pearl Market). I posted some pix in the other forum. They are "pastel Tahitian pearls". The pix here are not as pretty due to small size requirement. It takes me at least a few tries each pic to downsize to make it that small.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I chose the blue and pink pearls last year to make a pendant from their white gold setting. I began loving these Tahitians when I saw their pastel pearls (their pastel colors are yummy, lustrous and full of colors). I picked 2 more pearls this year to make another pendant, same gold setting. They are interchangeable to a pair of earrings. I love them.

IMG_4651_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I chose these loose pearls from their least expensive loose pearl box. These are semi baroque. You can see the luster for yourself. I had them drill the pearls, then knotted them myself. The gimp is connected to split rings. I can wear it as a ribbon necklace, or remove the ribbon and hook the split rings to a gold chain.

IMG_4657_1.JPG

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
My 13mm pearl. It has different colors depending on which facet you are looking at. I like the green side with purple halo. I haven't found a bale to set it yet.

IMG_4653_1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
These are from the least expensive box again. I will put a simple bale at the top and glue them together using the gold pin. Beautiful blue, light pistachio and pink... like Easter eggs.

IMG_4666_1.jpg

y2kitty

Brilliant_Rock
Love those pastels HHPmom!!

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom said:
These are from the least expensive box again. I will put a simple bale at the top and glue them together using the gold pin. Beautiful blue, light pistachio and pink... like Easter eggs.

Oops, only blue and pistachio pearls are from the least expensive box. Pink one is slightly higher.

I took new pictures this morning, no Photo Shopping done, with some blue color as reference point. First pic is macro mode w/o flash, second one is w/ flash, both taken near window source.

IMG_4673_1.JPG

IMG_4675_1.JPG

Kaori Oku

Rough_Rock
The colors are really so amazing!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results