shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
I’ve always wanted an IWC because of the classic vintage feel and look. I only have two watches, Cartier de Santos and a Tag Heuer quartz..

32829779-D3B1-49F9-947A-63340CC71F0E.jpeg

Is that a Just un Clou peeking out behind your hand? ;-)

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi everyone, my luxury watch is a 2005 Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso Duetto. It was invented in 1994 with a manual movement and a complication involving two back-to-back dials: a classic silvered face with Art Deco florale numerals and blue hands on one side for day and a dressier Mother of Pearl face with gold hands, framed in two rows of diamonds on the reverse dial for evening.

I just love the history of this watch. The Jaeger-LeCoultre Reverso is an iconic timepiece born in 1931 from a need for a watch robust enough to withstand the polo matches of the British army officers in India. Jaeger-LeCoultre designed a reversible case in order to protect the dial and glass of the watch and patented the concept of "a watch that is able to slide out of its frame and turn around completely" on March 4, 1931. Using grooves, pins and a locking mechanism, the central part of the case rotated 180 degrees to completely conceal the dial during sport. The Reverso's Art Deco style features elegant, geometric forms and three emblematic gadroons.

IMG-3520.jpg
IMG-3525.jpg

IMG-3522.jpg

One of my absolute favorite watches. I so wish it had a date. The only one I could find was a men's size. It looks absolutely stunning on you.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
pB4MdPt.jpg

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Fabulous50 I am looking at getting a Chopard watch and wondering how you like yours, is it holding up , any advice? I don't see them very often on this forum

Hi @Polabowla! I love this watch. I have had it for about 14 years and it has held up very well. The one I have is steel with diamonds (the ruby heart was added later), has a quartz movement. In the past few years I have really wanted one with an automatic movement, so I have been looking again. I also want gold/two tone, and the Chopard ones like that are quite a bit more expensive than the model I have, of course.

lucida818

Brilliant_Rock
689A5989-98C6-4061-BB09-3D392323839E.png C9B4C16B-2A48-4F57-99D7-C36A05311262.png
@cm_ls1, an AD in the UK offered my DS this Wimbledon edition, datejust 41.
Wonder if it’s hard to get? Worth getting in your opinion?

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Polabowla! I love this watch. I have had it for about 14 years and it has held up very well. The one I have is steel with diamonds (the ruby heart was added later), has a quartz movement. In the past few years I have really wanted one with an automatic movement, so I have been looking again. I also want gold/two tone, and the Chopard ones like that are quite a bit more expensive than the model I have, of course.

Your watch is beautiful! I have been fascinated with Chopard watches ever since I saw my client wearing one while I was on a business trip many years ago. I had no idea you could add a heart. Did you send your watch to Chopard and they added it?

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Your watch is beautiful! I have been fascinated with Chopard watches ever since I saw my client wearing one while I was on a business trip many years ago. I had no idea you could add a heart. Did you send your watch to Chopard and they added it?

Thank you so much!!! My hubby arranged it - I took the watch to Chopard for an annual service visit, and he called them afterwards and asked to add the heart. Then he picked it up for me and surprised me! I think they had several things he could choose from, all ones available in other watches.

OdetteOdile

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much!!! My hubby arranged it - I took the watch to Chopard for an annual service visit, and he called them afterwards and asked to add the heart. Then he picked it up for me and surprised me! I think they had several things he could choose from, all ones available in other watches.

How thoughtful of him, and what a nice surprise!! I just love that this is not a watch you see everyday.

fussykiki

Shiny_Rock

Wow... I want to add a heart to my black chrono too! Let me call them to ask.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Hi @Fabulous50 I am looking at getting a Chopard watch and wondering how you like yours, is it holding up , any advice? I don't see them very often on this forum

I hope this works! Here is a link to the two tone automatic movement one I like, listed on Net a Porter:

Polabowla

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabulous50 the watches are so gorgeous but dh pointed out that im not really a watch maven. So maybe it doesn't make sense to spend so much on a watch.
I think he might be right.

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
689A5989-98C6-4061-BB09-3D392323839E.png C9B4C16B-2A48-4F57-99D7-C36A05311262.png
@cm_ls1, an AD in the UK offered my DS this Wimbledon edition, datejust 41.
Wonder if it’s hard to get? Worth getting in your opinion?

Sorry I’ve been missing in action so I’m a bit late replying.

It’s a great piece, but not really selling above rrp on the gray Market.

Malha777

Rough_Rock
Trade
I absolutely love your watches :)

lurkie91

Rough_Rock
I suppose she squeaks in just above the $2k RRP cutoff, but my Nomos Orion 33 1989 arrived today and I'm so pleased, I thought I would share. I wanted a mechanical watch without a date display and with some YG to match better with most of my jewelry. I know bauhaus is not to everyone's tastes but I am really thrilled with this watch, especially at the price point.

IMG_20201117_135259.jpg IMG_20201117_135150.jpg 00000IMG_00000_BURST20201117122327944_COVER.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results