shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
My DH found a beautiful watch and got me very excited about men watch for a women :) he wanted to get us both new watches.
IMG_1571.jpg
Havy and huge on me, it is 42 mm,
looks much better my husband hand :)
IMG_0220.jpg
I have tried 36 mm date day and datejust, but they still were way too big :), i ended up with this one (so much for men watches :)):
IMG_2135.JPG
IMG_2132.JPG
IMG_2134.JPG
It is everose gold.
Pardon my hairy hands, keeping myself warm during the winter .-) :) it is harsh winter out here still have around -35C (-95F)

@Roi , sorry I know this post is old, but wondered if you would share the size of your rolex and the size of your wrist? This size/wrist coverage looks perfect to me! Thanks so much.

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
Judging by the size of the skydweller on her wrist, I would say her everose Datejust is 31mm?

Reference 178245

Very nice piece!

Last edited:

cm_ls1

Shiny_Rock
Saturday bored in the house :mrgreen:

Is plural Rolexes or just Rolex
5NNWyxB.jpg

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Stunning stunning watch! I, rather unfortunately, need a 36mm size dial. I have 2 36mm Datejust's & a 40mm aluminum bezel sub no date, G serial. . Old eyes suck. :confused2: Looks amazing on her. You guys have an awesome combined collection. :cool2:

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, since I am trying to decide on a watch, but was hoping to get some opinions! I tried on a few different Rolex models today, in size 31mm and 36mm. I know I like the datejust, two-tone with yellow gold, and I think jubilee bracelet and champagne face, but still trying to decide. Anyone have any thoughts?
31mm champagne oyster bracelet.jpeg 31mm silver face diamonds.jpeg 36mm champagne.jpeg 36mm other view.jpeg

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
My personal preference is for the white diamond dial. There's a thread on this very topic in Hangout that might offer some inspiration. LINK

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
My personal preference is for the white diamond dial. There's a thread on this very topic in Hangout that might offer some inspiration. LINK

thank you, @prs! Do you happen to have any opinion on the two sizes?

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabulous50 - definitely the two tone, jubilee, fluted bezel, and 31mm! To me, the 36mm looks a little more trendy oversized whereas the 31mm is a classic look. I also love the white face with this watch (my preference is for the roman numerals but you obviously can't go wrong with more bling!).

So exciting!! Can't wait to see what you choose.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabulous50 - definitely the two tone, jubilee, fluted bezel, and 31mm! To me, the 36mm looks a little more trendy oversized whereas the 31mm is a classic look. I also love the white face with this watch (my preference is for the roman numerals but you obviously can't go wrong with more bling!).

So exciting!! Can't wait to see what you choose.

Thank you, @SandyK ! I saw your thread looking for the pepsi GMT for your dh, did you find it yet?? I am concerned about the big watch trend issue as well. I think I will go for the 31mm when the time comes, I am still educating/thinking/trying to decide if it important enough to me to spend the $$$.

SandyK

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you, @SandyK ! I saw your thread looking for the pepsi GMT for your dh, did you find it yet?? I am concerned about the big watch trend issue as well. I think I will go for the 31mm when the time comes, I am still educating/thinking/trying to decide if it important enough to me to spend the $$$.

Well I am definitely biased because I hope to get something very similar to what you are considering haha, but I think the money is well worth it!! The jubliee bracelet is SO beautiful, I feel like you are basically buying a bracelet and a watch at the same time, sooo that makes it a very practical and economical decision, right? :D I've tried on some other nice watches, and for me there just isn't any other watch I would want to own. So Rolex or nothing haha. (And of course, they hold their value really well, although I don't think that is a reason to get one)

And thanks for asking about the GMT search! My husband was initially set on the Pepsi but now prefers the Batman/Batgirl, which is a little easier to get I think, but still tough. We've offered to bundle my watch purchase with his, but so far have not gotten any takers :( He also likes the Submariner with the date and might want to try the Explorer II as well, but we've been told those are also hard to come by. So still no luck; I think we will probably keep trying this year with the two ADs in our location and then give up and just buy his Batman on the gray market. It is really frustrating! I've saved up money for a diamond studs project and I'm kind of putting that on hold to see if anyone will go for our bundle offer, as I would not be able to justify getting a new watch and studs this year...also curious to see what is going to happen to diamond prices given the current craziness...so a lot of things to think about!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
@Fabulous50, how fun, congratulations!! I too, had such a tough time choosing the face color, & everyone who contributed to my thread was so helpful in helping me think through all the various aspects of the decision.

I truly love the silver face with the roman numerals, & yearn for it even today. But I landed on the 31mm TT white face w/ roman numerals and absolutely love it. I wanted something casual as my 31mm SS/MOP face/ diamond bezel--can be sort of dressy. My first Rolex is a 26mm while face w/ diamond markers, & I will always hang on to that one for sentimental reasons--loved that face & marker combo on that size. Unfortunately, the 31mm does not come in a white face/diamond markers, which you probably know by now. :(

I agree w/ DF, the silver face w/ the diamond markers looks great & would be my choice given your options. I like the champagne face too, but I was afraid I would tire of the champagne color. The silver face is neutral looking enough that I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with your accessorizing etc. I also love the 31mm size, altho if you are a petite person, the 28mm would look great too.

Have a great time with your purchase, can't wait to see it!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I am not sure if this is the right place to post this, since I am trying to decide on a watch, but was hoping to get some opinions! I tried on a few different Rolex models today, in size 31mm and 36mm. I know I like the datejust, two-tone with yellow gold, and I think jubilee bracelet and champagne face, but still trying to decide. Anyone have any thoughts?
31mm champagne oyster bracelet.jpeg 31mm silver face diamonds.jpeg 36mm champagne.jpeg 36mm other view.jpeg

31 definitely, imo, as the oversized watches will eventually go out of style. The 31 is a nice medium size that will stand the test of time. I like silver dials best and then white.

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
@Fabulous50, how fun, congratulations!! I too, had such a tough time choosing the face color, & everyone who contributed to my thread was so helpful in helping me think through all the various aspects of the decision.

I truly love the silver face with the roman numerals, & yearn for it even today. But I landed on the 31mm TT white face w/ roman numerals and absolutely love it. I wanted something casual as my 31mm SS/MOP face/ diamond bezel--can be sort of dressy. My first Rolex is a 26mm while face w/ diamond markers, & I will always hang on to that one for sentimental reasons--loved that face & marker combo on that size. Unfortunately, the 31mm does not come in a white face/diamond markers, which you probably know by now. :(

I agree w/ DF, the silver face w/ the diamond markers looks great & would be my choice given your options. I like the champagne face too, but I was afraid I would tire of the champagne color. The silver face is neutral looking enough that I wouldn't think you'd have a problem with your accessorizing etc. I also love the 31mm size, altho if you are a petite person, the 28mm would look great too.

Have a great time with your purchase, can't wait to see it!

Thank you so much for your support and info, @sarahb ! I am not as close to purchasing as you think, though - my guess is it will be several months until I commit. I really like the look of the white face too, it seems more "classic" to me, although the silver is so cool. Also, maybe I am crazy here, but the silver face seems to tip the watch to an overall cooler (as in color tone) look. Since the champagne seems too warm, maybe the white face is just right, ha ha! So yes, I am starting to be sad that 31mm TT does not have a white face and diamonds option!

I am not at all petite, I am 5'9", so the 28mm looks too small on me, I think. I guess I will try on the white face and the mother of pearl face next time as well, to cover my bases!!! :cool2:

Roi

Shiny_Rock
Premium
@Roi , sorry I know this post is old, but wondered if you would share the size of your rolex and the size of your wrist? This size/wrist coverage looks perfect to me! Thanks so much.

Sorry, late to answer mine datejust is 31mm and it is very good size. I have tried 36mm as well.
I like more 31mm with silver dial with diamonds on you :)=)2

Fabulous50

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry, late to answer mine datejust is 31mm and it is very good size. I have tried 36mm as well.
I like more 31mm with silver dial with diamonds on you :)=)2

Thank you!!!

prs

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Have a great weekend everyone !
zGGKoJM.jpg

Gorgeous watch, if the screw holes were covered by diamonds it would be perfect!!! :mrgreen2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results