shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

737liz

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
breguetpic.jpg This is my Breguet. It's a manual wind with only hours and minutes. I'm thinking of replacing the gold strap for a navy blue leather strap, to mirror the needles. But, it would have to be an after market job as Breguet only offer super shiny crocodile straps for this model, which I'm not keen on.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Screen Shot 2017-12-15 at 10.19.48 AM.jpg
My new Panthere de Cartier watch. Early Christmas present.

Really beautiful and looks so pretty on your wrist, love the Pantere! :love:

Dizzie

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
33135952-F5AF-48C9-946C-90DBD2EFB15C.jpeg I am currently wearing my dad‘s vintage Seamaster Omega.

Many years ago, from one if my first professional salaries, I bought my parents a matching set of Omega watches - for mum in ladies‘s size in SS with YG and for dad a gents version in titanium with YG.

When my dad passed several years ago, my mum turned to wear his watch as her main watch while she was mourning. Lately she was ready to change watches and started wearing Cartier Pasha that I got her some years ago. Somehow I felt it would be right to wear this watch instead of letting it lay in a vault. Now my diamond and MOP Rolex is in a vault instead :lol::lol: and I wear only this vintage beauty for now.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
George is a good guy. Let me check if there is one for sale on watch forums.
George never got back to me; a friend recommended another vendor who they buy preloved watches with boxes and papers. I've called him a few times in December and he hadnt located anything yet.

What should I do next? Any recommendations? The same watches without boxes and papers are still on chrono24.

I really wanted another watchmakers watch with a round face to finish off my high end watch collection.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mixed message from them - last time we spoke they claimed someone had put a deposit down and wanted to buy it. Now I see it available still. No box no papers. Yet they had offered to meet me in NYC. At the time I felt like if someone had put a deposit I didn't want to waste time and money going to NYC. The price they offered was as little less than listed on chrono

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do you know the reputation of this company? What's a reasonable price between a new watch with box and papers that's discontinued versus an excellent condition without box and papers?
Haven't heard anything negative about them on watch forums. New vs a nice pre-owned? TBH?..for the price difference I'd go for a nice pre-owned, b/c even if you had to send the watch to JLC for an overhaul it'll probably cost you about $1K?? and the watch will come back looking brand new.

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Haven't heard anything negative about them on watch forums. New vs a nice pre-owned? TBH?..for the price difference I'd go for a nice pre-owned, b/c even if you had to send the watch to JLC for an overhaul it'll probably cost you about $1K?? and the watch will come back looking brand new.
My main concern is that the pre owned watch MUST not have been shortened because I need every single link for my ham hock wrist.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My main concern is that the pre owned watch MUST not have been shortened because I need every single link for my ham hock wrist.
You can always order extra links from JLC.

Loreal

Shiny_Rock
Premium
My wife’s Cartier Santos:
37E8450D-96FD-4F3A-B54C-C1A2CF742D2C.jpeg

She also rocks my Submariner on occassion:
FC62AE11-AD27-4376-87D1-9D9075EF9515.jpeg

I too wear my husband's watches. The older I get, the less inclined I feel to wear my tiny Rolex and Cartier tank. I plan to buy my own larger faced watch this coming March!! Here are my favorites (Panerai, Blanc Pain and Rolex):
50945730-429C-4F04-8D49-A81FCA9DB65E.jpeg DBBA94E8-274F-4FA3-9391-8C3CBEA1C859.jpeg A322E5E7-3376-4767-85EA-F495802D8F79.jpeg

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided to trade in our existing Rolex’s (me: TT SS/RG DateJust 31 with sticks, him: TT SS/YG GMT II with black dial) and gift each other new ones as early wedding presents. This is what we decided on and should have them on our wrists in the next two weeks! :appl:

Me: TT SS/RG DateJust 28 w/ Aubergine diamond dial, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet. I know the purple won’t go with everything but I fell in love the moment I saw it :kiss2:
CE1BE2E5-B598-4E69-B78F-43BDA36EADCF.jpeg

Him: SS/WG DateJust 41 w/ Dark Rhodium diamond dial, fluted bezel, and oyster bracelet. This combo really looks outstanding on him... not too formal and not too casual. And I was so happy he decided to get diamonds! :mrgreen2:
789AC089-4F22-44ED-BD8C-6C32D1288823.jpeg

Last edited:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
We decided to trade in our existing Rolex’s (me: TT SS/RG DateJust 31 with sticks, him: TT SS/YG GMT II with black dial) and gift each other new ones as early wedding presents. This is what we decided on and should have them on our wrists in the next two weeks! :appl:

Me: TT SS/RG DateJust 28 w/ Aubergine diamond dial, fluted bezel, and jubilee bracelet. I know the purple won’t go with everything but I fell in love the moment I saw it :kiss2:

Him: SS/WG DateJust 41 w/ Dark Rhodium diamond dial, fluted bezel, and oyster bracelet. This combo really looks outstanding on him... not too formal and not too casual. And I was so happy he decided to get diamonds! :mrgreen2:

GORGEOUS!Times 2!:love::love:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@ILikeShiny Those are gorgeous! Stainless/rosegold is my favorite in Rolex! And I like the size a lot, too. I think it's a size that will stand the test of time and different fads, plus it's a complimentary size to go with your rings! Your FH's watch is perfect, too!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Congrats, I Love your 31mm SS/RG DJ. Beautiful combo!. Beautiful pair of watches!

redwood66

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous watches!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@missy @diamondseeker2006 @Dancing Fire @redwood66 - Thanks! When they arrive I'll share some photos of them together (and this time they'll both be in-focus! :mrgreen2:).

Being a lefty, I typically wear my watch on my right wrist. However, I might have to change my habit :lol:. IDJ is making a tweak to my tennis bracelet so once I have that back I'll see how the three of them (watch/bracelet/wedding set) look together.

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
breguetpic.jpg This is my Breguet. It's a manual wind with only hours and minutes. I'm thinking of replacing the gold strap for a navy blue leather strap, to mirror the needles. But, it would have to be an after market job as Breguet only offer super shiny crocodile straps for this model, which I'm not keen on.
Gorgeous watch!

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're here! We exchanged them last night at our Valentine's dinner even though they're technically wedding presents. I mean, who could wait for these?!! :mrgreen2:

His: Rolex WG/SS DateJust 41 with Dark Rhodium diamond dial, Oyster bracelet, and fluted bezel
Mine: RG/SS Rolex DateJust 28 with Aubergine diamond dial, Jubilee bracelet, and fluted bezel

Here's how they look together, some close-ups, and the color shades that mine throws :geek2:. Also one of how it looks with my ring; I love that they compliment each other so well :clap:
IMG_6983.JPG
IMG_6984.jpg
IMG_6991.jpg
IMG_7028.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They're here! We exchanged them last night at our Valentine's dinner even though they're technically wedding presents. I mean, who could wait for these?!! :mrgreen2:

His: Rolex WG/SS DateJust 41 with Dark Rhodium diamond dial, Oyster bracelet, and fluted bezel
Mine: RG/SS Rolex DateJust 28 with Aubergine diamond dial, Jubilee bracelet, and fluted bezel

Here's how they look together, some close-ups, and the color shades that mine throws :geek2:. Also one of how it looks with my ring; I love that they compliment each other so well :clap:
IMG_6983.JPG
IMG_6984.jpg
IMG_6991.jpg
IMG_7028.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG

Gorgeous!!!! LOVE them both. Congratulations. :appl:

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re lovely, I especially like yours with the aubergine face.

BlingDreams

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They’re lovely, I especially like yours with the aubergine face.
Thanks! I’ve never seen one like it before and I expect it won’t be out for long. I’m really loving that a shade of purple (my favorite color) is the 2018 Pantone color of the year... it’s causing lots of items to now be available in purple :dance: Good for my heart, bad for my wallet :lol:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful pair of watches!..:love:. especially yours...:wink2:

leukolenos

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

That aubergine face is LUSH!!! :love:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium

IMG_6983.JPG
IMG_6984.jpg
IMG_6991.jpg
IMG_7028.JPG
IMG_7008.JPG

I love your dials, especially yours. So elegant and beautiful

Last edited:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Woke up this morning to this.
Just picked up my watch from a $1250 servicing (ripoff) yesterday. That aubergine dial is sure pretty. Mine is just champagne tapestry.

20180216_071558.jpg

20180216_071650.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results